Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is an American investor and business magnate. In addition to being the founder, CEO, and chief engineer of SpaceX, Mr. Musk is also an angel investor, the CEO, and the chief architect of Tesla, Inc., the founder of The Boring Company, the co-founder of Neuralink, the president of the Musk Foundation, and the owner and CEO of Twitter, Inc. As of November 18, 2022, Musk is estimated to have a net worth of approximately $181 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and Forbes’ real-time billionaire index.
Musk was born and raised in Pretoria, South Africa. At the age of 17, he moved to Canada and acquired Canadian citizenship through his mother, who was born in Canada. After graduating from Queen’s University, he transferred to the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned bachelor’s degrees in economics and physics. After moving to California in 1995, he attended Stanford University for two days before dropping out to pursue a career in business, co-founding Zip2 with his brother Kimbal; the company was acquired by Compaq for $307 million in 1999. Musk founded X.com in the same year, which was later merged with Confinity to form PayPal in 2000. PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in 2002.
As the CEO and chief engineer of SpaceX, Musk founded the company in 2002, which manufactures aerospace products and provides space transport services. In 2004, he invested in the electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla Motors, Inc. (now Tesla, Inc.). As chairman and product architect, he eventually became the company’s CEO in 2008. As early as 2006, he was a member of the team that developed SolarCity, a solar energy company that was later acquired by Tesla and renamed Tesla Energy. He co-founded OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research organization, in 2015. During the following year, he co-founded Neuralink, a company dedicated to developing brain-computer interfaces, as well as The Boring Company, a company specializing in tunnel construction. As of 2022, Musk purchased Twitter for a total of $44 billion. Musk is the president of the philanthropic Musk Foundation and has proposed a hyperloop high-speed vactrain transportation system.
Musk has made controversial statements regarding politics and technology, particularly on Twitter, and is considered a polarizing figure. Additionally, he has been criticized for making unscientific and misleading statements, such as spreading misinformation regarding COVID-19. In 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a lawsuit against Musk for falsely alleging to have secured funding to take over Tesla on a private basis. Under a settlement agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Musk resigned as chairman of Tesla and paid a $20 million fine. Musk won a defamation suit brought against him by a British cave rescuer following the failure of his submarine proposal during the Tham Luang cave rescue.
Elon Musk Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Elon Musk. It allows you to read through the famous American investor and business magnate’s profile as quickly as possible.
|Birth Name/ Real Name||Elon Reeve Musk|
|Nickname/ Popular Name||• Space Karen|
• Elona Musk
|Age||52 Years (as of 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date of Birth||28 June 1971|
• South African
|Residence||• Pretoria, South Africa|
• Bel Air, Los Angeles, California
• Kingston, Ontario, Canada
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|Home Town||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Hobbies||• Loves Reading|
• Playing Games
• A Bit Of A Netflix Addict
• Movies And Anime
• Social Media
• Throwing Extravagant Parties
|Mother's Name||Maye Musk (Model, Dietitian)|
|Father's Name||Errol Musk (Electromechanical Engineer, Pilot, Sailor)|
|Brother(s)||Kimbal Musk (Entrepreneur, Philanthrophist)|
|Sister(s)||Tosca Musk (Filmmaker)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Justine Wilson (Canadian author)|
• Cameron Diaz (2013)
• Talulah Riley
• Amber Heard (2016-2017)
• Grimes (2018-September 2021)
• Shivon Zilis (a top executive at Neuralink) (2021)
• Natasha Bassett (Australian actress and model) (February 2022-present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Justine Wilson Musk (2000-2008) (Canadian author)|
• Talulah Riley (2010-2012 & 2013-2016) (actress)
|Children||Musk is the father of ten children. With Canadian author Justine Wilson he had six children. Their first child died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or SIDS, at the age of 10 weeks. Following the birth of twins, the couple had triplets. With musician Grimes, he has two children. In November 2021, Musk and Shivon Zilis, a top executive at Neuralink, became parents to twins. |
• X Æ A-12 Musk (with his girlfriend Grimes)
• Xavier Alexander Musk
• In March 2022, Elon Musk and Grimes welcomed their second child, a daughter, via surrogacy.
Note: The SpaceX chief's transgender biological daughter, Xavier Alexander Musk, filed for a name change in June 2022, stating that she no longer wishes to be related to him. Vivian Jenna Wilson petitioned the Los Angeles court to change her gender recognition to female and to register her new name as Vivian Jenna Wilson.
|School||• Waterkloof House Preparatory School|
• Bryanston High School
• Pretoria Boys High School
|College/University||• Queen's University|
• University of Pennsylvania
• Stanford University, California
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Science in Economics from University of Pennsylvania|
• Bachelor of Science in Physics from University of Pennsylvania
• PhD in Energy Physics from Stanford University, California (Dropped Out)
|Profession||Investor and business magnate|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm|
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet inches- 6'1.5"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg|
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||• South African (from his father's side)|
• Canadian (from his mother's side)
• British (from his grandmother's side)
• He also has Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry
|Hair Color||Light Ash Blonde|
|Eye Color||Moss Green|
|Distinctive Features||Multi-talented personality|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Movies||Star Wars, The Martian, Thank You for Smoking|
|Favorite Actor||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favorite TV Show||The Big Bang Theory|
|Favorite Books||The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Foundation series|
|Favorite Comic Character||Marvel’s X-Men|
|Favorite Food||Barbeque and French cuisine|
|Favorite Video Games||• BioShock|
• Saints Row IV
• Kerbal Space Program
• Mass Effect: Andromeda
• Deus Ex
|Favorite Drink||Caffeine-free Diet Coke|
|Favorite TV Show||Black Mirror|
|Favorite Musician||Black Sherif|
Elon Musk Family – Parents, Siblings, And Education
Elon Reeve Musk was born on June 28, 1971, in Pretoria, one of the capital cities of South Africa. In addition to having British ancestry, Musk has Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry as well.
In addition to being a model and dietitian, his mother Maye Musk (née Haldeman) was raised in South Africa and was born in Saskatchewan, Canada. Musk’s father, Errol Musk, is a South African electromechanical engineer, pilot, sailor, consultant, and property developer who is a half-owner of a Namibian emerald mine near Lake Tanganyika. In addition to Musk, he has a younger brother, Kimbal, and a younger sister, Tosca.
During Musk’s youth, his family was wealthy. As a member of the anti-apartheid Progressive Party, his father was elected to the Pretoria City Council. His children also shared their father’s dislike of apartheid. In a single-engine Bellanca aircraft, Joshua Haldeman, his maternal grandfather, made a record-breaking trip to Africa and Australia with his family.
Following the divorce of his parents in 1980, Musk lived primarily with his father. Musk later regretted his decision due to his estrangement from his father. There is a paternal half-sister and a paternal half-brother who share his father’s ancestry.
During the course of writing his biography of Musk, Ashlee Vance described Musk as an awkward and introverted child. At the age of ten, Musk developed an interest in computing and video games, teaching himself how to program using the VIC-20 user manual. For approximately $500, he sold his BASIC-based game Blastar to PC and Office Technology magazine at the age of twelve.
Matteo Guendouzi Biography, Age, Parents, Brother, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
As a student, Musk attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School, Bryanston High School, and Pretoria Boys High School, where he graduated. As Musk was born in Canada, he applied for a Canadian passport through his mother, knowing that this would make it easier for him to immigrate to the United States. He attended the University of Pretoria for five months while his application was being processed.
Upon arriving in Canada in June 1989, Musk lived with a second cousin in Saskatchewan for a year, working odd jobs at a farm and lumber mill. In 1990, he enrolled at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. In 1995, he graduated from the Wharton School with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics from the University of Pennsylvania.
During his college years, he reportedly organized large, ticketed house parties in an attempt to pay for tuition. He also wrote a business plan for a service similar to Google Books that would allow users to scan electronic books.
As an intern in Silicon Valley in 1994, Musk worked for Pinnacle Research Institute, which investigated electrolytic ultracapacitors for energy storage, and Rocket Science Games, a Palo Alto start-up.
He was accepted to Stanford University’s doctoral program in materials science in 1995. Musk, however, chose to join the Internet boom and dropped out two days after being accepted and applied for a job at Netscape, to which he subsequently did not receive a response.
Ante Budimir Biography, FIFA 22, Age, Height, Weight, Net Worth & Wiki
Elon Musk Net Worth
In 2002, Musk made $175.8 million when PayPal was sold to eBay. Forbes first listed him as a billionaire in 2012, with a net worth of $2 billion.
The net worth of Musk was $27 billion at the beginning of 2020. As of the end of the year, his net worth had increased by $150 billion, primarily as a result of his ownership of around 20% of Tesla stock. Musk’s net worth fluctuated significantly during this period.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||200 Billion USD+|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||199 Billion USD|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||$2400 Million+|
|Income Source||Investor and business magnate|
|Business Ventures||• Founder, CEO and chief engineer of SpaceX|
• Angel investor, CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc.
• Founder of The Boring Company
• Co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI
• President of the Musk Foundation
• Owner and CEO of Twitter, Inc.
|House(s)||• Bel-Air Real Estate|
• Boomerang-Shaped Elon Musk’s House In Brentwood, California
|Cars Collection||• 1978 BMW 320i|
• 1997 McLaren F1
• 1976 Lotus Esprit aka Wet Nellie
• 1920 Ford Model T
• 1967 E-Type Jaguar Roadster
• 2006 BMW M5
• 2010 Audi Q7
• 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo
• 2008 Tesla Roadster
• 2019 Tesla Model S Performance
• 2020 Tesla Cybertruck
It plunged $16.3 billion in September, the largest one-day decline in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index’s history. It was in November of that year that Musk passed Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg to become the third most wealthy person in the world, and a week later he passed Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates to become the second most wealthy.
Musk became the world’s richest person in January 2021 with a net worth of $185 billion, surpassing Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. The following month, Bezos regained the top spot.
After Tesla stock surged on September 27, 2021, Forbes reported that Musk had a net worth of more than $200 billion, making him the world’s richest person. It was Musk who became the first person to earn more than $300 billion in November 2021.
About three-quarters of Musk’s wealth is derived from Tesla. In 2018, Musk and the Tesla board agreed to a compensation plan that ties his personal earnings to Tesla’s valuation and revenue. According to the agreement, Musk will only receive compensation if Tesla reaches certain market values.
It was the largest deal ever reached between a CEO and a company board. He had the opportunity to purchase 1.69 million Tesla shares (about 1% of the company) at below-market prices as part of the first award, which was worth approximately $800 million.
During the period 2014-2018, Musk paid $455 million in taxes on $1.52 billion in income. According to the source, Musk did not pay any federal income taxes in 2018. As a result of his sale of $14 billion worth of Tesla stock in 2021, he estimated that he would have to pay $12 billion in taxes.
Musk stated in 2003 that the L-39 Albatros was his favorite plane. In August 2020, he acquired a second private jet owned by Falcon Landing LLC, a SpaceX-linked company. As a result of the jet’s heavy reliance on fossil fuels, it flew over 150,000 miles in 2018.
Throughout his career, Musk has described himself as “cash poor” and as having little interest in the material trappings of wealth. His pledge to sell almost all of his physical belongings was made in May 2020. Musk defended his wealth by claiming that he was accumulating resources for the expansion of humankind into space.
Juan Foyth Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
House Or Real Estate
Elon Musk, the billionaire CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, announced in May that he would be selling virtually all of his personal belongings. “I will own no house.” Several days later, he listed four stunning mansions in Los Angeles for sale for a total of $137 million.
In addition to Gene Wilder’s former residence, Elon Musk’s House portfolio includes a $30 million mansion in Los Angeles and a historic 100-year-old mansion on the San Francisco Peninsula. We examine the breathtaking homes owned by the world’s first billionaire renter in this article.
In the past, Musk owned several properties in the greater Los Angeles area collectively valued at over $70 million. In late 2012, Musk purchased his first piece of Bel-Air real estate. He rented the same house and lived there with his family in 2010. In the future, he purchased the mansion for $17 million.
The Elon Musk house spans over 20,248 square feet and has seven bedrooms and thirteen bathrooms. Brick ceilings are featured in the kitchen. A beautiful pool, a tennis court, and a scenic view of Bel-Air Country Club can be found in the backyard. There is also a gym and a wine cellar in the home.
This 20,248-square-foot property was the beginning of it all, the first and the largest of his Bel Air estates to go after Musk had tweeted about his goal to the world. This property was for sale for $30 million and was eventually sold to Chinese billionaire William Ding for $29.72 million. This amount is approximately $5.5 million higher than the Tesla CEO paid in 2016.
The First Piece of Bel-Air Real Estate Bought by Musk
In October 2013, Elon Musk purchased this stunning house, located just a short distance from his mansion, for $6.75 million. It is true that Elon Musk owns the house of the late actor Gene Wilders, which he purchased in order to “preserve the spirit of Gene Wilder”. Gene Wilder lived there for more than 30 years before he passed away in 2007.
During a 2015 interview with the media, Musk described the home as “like a little schoolhouse on a prairie, only on a golf course.” Musk never lived in the house, but it served as a private school for his children and those of SpaceX and Tesla employees, called AdAstra.
In selling the house, the Tesla CEO made it clear that the buyer should not destroy the house’s “soul.” “There is one stipulation on the sale: I own Gene Wilder’s old house. Musk tweeted, “It cannot be torn down or lost any of its soul.”.
In short order, it came to light that the Wilder estate had been sold for $7 million in an off-market transaction to Elizabeth Hunter, the wife of Jordan Walker-Perlman, Wilder’s nephew. Additionally, it was reported that the tech mogul lent them as much as $6.7 million for the purchase of the property.
Arslan Goni Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Boomerang-Shaped Elon Musk’s House In Brentwood, California
Elon Musk previously owned this boomerang-shaped house in Brentwood, California, approximately 15 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. According to the media, Musk paid just under $3.7 million for it in 2014. A privacy hedge surrounds the building for security, but floor-to-ceiling windows provide a great deal of natural light.
According to the media, Musk sold the home for $4 million in late August 2019. Even before Musk publicly declared his intentions, he had already sold a 0.28-acre modern house in Brentwood, which was only about 20 minutes away from his six former Chalon-Somera properties. In August 2019, he sold the property for $3.9 million, which cost the Tesla CEO approximately $3.7 million in 2014.
In 2016, Variety reported that the billionaire techie purchased another Bel-Air mansion while it was still under construction for $24.25 million. It is noteworthy that Musk does not own a home near the Tesla factory in Fremont, California. During periods of high production, he has admitted to sleeping on a couch or the floor of a conference room.
The Bel-Air Mansion
According to a popular listing, Musk’s remaining Bel Air properties have a combined asking price of $62.5 million and an interesting description to go with it: “A project for the big thinker, intended to showcase one of the best views in Los Angeles – from the city to the ocean and beyond.” He made about $6.8 million from the properties, which were all unique in architecture and worth between $4 million and $30 million.
It has now all come down to one gigantic 100-year-old mansion near San Jose, after almost a year of emptying his material baggage. On 47 acres of land, the Hillsborough estate features 9 bedrooms, 9.5 bathrooms, hiking trails, canyons, a big ballroom, and a reservoir.
Originally listed for $35 million in May 2020, Musk appears to have taken the listing down for the time being. It is possible, however, that the home will be relisted and Musk will complete his goal of getting rid of all his real estate assets.
Did you think Musk’s garage was overflowing with electric cars? When it comes to his collection of automobiles, the Tesla tycoon’s tastes are quite analog. The Tesla titan is not only interested in plug-in cars and spaceships. Elon Musk is not only interested in plug-ins and spaceships.
As the richest man in the world, Elon Musk is a serial entrepreneur, innovator, and engineer who has built his fortune by bringing cutting-edge technology to the general public. In spite of this, you may be surprised to learn that Elon Musk has a very impressive collection of automobiles, not just electric ones. Quite a gearhead, he owns several absolutely unique and extraordinary automobiles. A classic Ford Model T and a Porsche 911 Turbo are among these vehicles.
Deion Sanders Net Worth, Career, Early Life, Height, Wife, Son, Age, & Wiki
Elon Musk Wife And Children
Between the early 2000s and late 2020, Musk resided in California, where both Tesla and SpaceX were founded. Upon moving to Texas in 2020, he stated that California had become “complacent” with its economic success. In May 2021, Musk announced that he has Asperger’s syndrome while hosting Saturday Night Live.
In 2000, Musk married his first wife, Canadian Justine Wilson, while attending Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada. As a result of sudden infant death syndrome, their first child died at the age of 10 weeks in 2002. As a result of his death, the couple decided to use IVF as a means of continuing their family.
In 2004, they had twins, followed by triplets in 2006. In 2008, the couple divorced and shared custody of their children. The twins officially changed their names in 2022 in order to reflect their gender identities, as well as removing Musk from their last name.
Musk blamed the estrangement of his daughter on what the Financial Times described as “neo-Marxists taking over elite schools and universities.” in an interview with the media in October 2022.
Musk began dating English actress Talulah Riley in 2008. Two years later, they were married at Dornoch Cathedral in Scotland. After divorcing in 2012, the couple remarried the following year. In 2016, Musk finalized a second divorce from Riley after filing for divorce briefly in 2014.
Musk subsequently dated Amber Heard for several months in 2017; he had been pursuing her since 2012. Johnny Depp later accused Musk of having an affair with Heard while she was still married to Depp. Both Musk and Heard denied having an affair.
Musk and Canadian musician Grimes announced their relationship in 2018. In May 2020, Grimes gave birth to their son. According to Musk and Grimes, his name was “X Æ A-12”; however, it would have violated California regulations since it included characters that are not in the modern English alphabet; the name was then altered to “X Æ A-Xii”.
There was further confusion caused by this since Æ is not a letter in the modern English alphabet. Ultimately, the child was given the name X AE A-XII Musk, with “X” as the first name, “AE A-XII” as the middle name, and “Musk” as the last name. The couple had a second child in December 2021, a daughter named Exa Dark Sideræl Musk (nicknamed “Y”), born via surrogacy.
In September 2021, Musk confirmed reports that the couple was “semi-separated”; he stated that he was single in an interview with the media in December 2021.
As Grimes said of her relationship with Musk in March 2022, “I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we are very fluid.” Later that month, Grimes tweeted that they had broken up again, but remained friendly.
According to court documents published by Insider in July 2022, Musk and Shivon Zilis, director of operations and special projects at Neuralink, had twins in November 2021.
Musk and Grimes had their second child via surrogate in December a few weeks after the twins were born. Because Zilis reports directly to Musk, the news “raises concerns about workplace ethics”. The Wall Street Journal reported in July 2022 that Musk was involved in an affair with Nicole Shanahan, the wife of Google co-founder Sergey Brin, in 2021, resulting in their divorce the following year. The report was denied by Musk.
Nick Jonas Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Brothers, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Greg Kouri, Musk’s brother Kimbal, and Musk founded Zip2 in 1995. It was Errol Musk who provided them with $28,000 in funding. Using a combination of maps, directions, and yellow pages, the company developed a city guide for the Internet, which was marketed to newspapers.
- Musk coded the website every night at a small rented office in Palo Alto. The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune eventually contracted with Zip2.
- Despite Musk’s attempts to become CEO, the brothers persuaded the board of directors to abandon the merger with CitySearch.
- As part of the acquisition of Zip2 by Compaq in February 1999, Musk received $22 million for his 7 percent stake in the company.
X.com And PayPal
- Musk co-founded X.com in 1999, an online financial services company and company for e-mail payments.
- Over 200,000 customers joined X.com after its initial months of operation, making it one of the first federally insured online banks. Despite Musk’s founding of the company, investors viewed him as inexperienced and replaced him with Intuit CEO Bill Harris by the end of the year.
- The company merged with Confinity in 2000 in order to avoid competition as PayPal, the company’s money-transfer service, was more popular than the one offered by X.com.
- Musk returned to the merged company as CEO. As a result of his preference for Microsoft over Unix-based software, a rift developed among the company’s employees, leading to the resignation of Peter Thiel, the company’s founder.
- Despite compounding technological issues and a lack of a coherent business model, the board of directors ousted Musk and replaced him with Thiel in September 2000. During Thiel’s tenure, the company focused on the payment transfer service, which was renamed PayPal in 2001.
- PayPal was acquired by eBay in 2002 for $1.5 billion in stock, of which Musk received $175.8 million, being the largest shareholder with 11.72% of the shares.
- Musk purchased the X.com domain from PayPal in 2017, more than 15 years after purchasing the domain from PayPal. Musk discussed the creation of “X, the everything application” in 2022.
Jesus Alberto Angulo Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Musk became involved with the nonprofit Mars Society in 2001 and discussed funding plans for the installation of a growth chamber on Mars.
- Instead, he decided to start a company that would manufacture affordable rockets. Musk founded SpaceX in May 2002 with $100 million of his own funds. He became the company’s CEO and chief engineer.
- In 2006, SpaceX attempted to launch the Falcon 1 rocket for the first time. While the rocket failed to reach Earth orbit, NASA Administrator Mike Griffin (and former SpaceX consultant) awarded it a contract under the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services program.
- Despite failing two more times, SpaceX successfully launched Falcon 1 in 2008, almost causing Musk and his companies to go bankrupt.
- As part of its Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA, SpaceX received a $1.6 billion award for twelve flights of its Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft to the International Space Station, replacing the Space Shuttle after it was retired in 2011.
- The Dragon vehicle docked with the International Space Station in 2012, a first for a commercial spacecraft. As one of Mike Griffin’s last actions as NASA Administrator, Musk credited the NASA award with saving his company.
- In 2015, SpaceX successfully landed the first stage of a Falcon 9 rocket on an inland platform as part of its efforts to create reusable rockets.
- SpaceX launched the Falcon Heavy in 2018, with a dummy payload of Musk’s Tesla Roadster.
- Starship is SpaceX’s fully reusable, superheavy lift launch vehicle being developed to replace the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy.
- SpaceX launched its first crewed flight in 2020, the Demo-2, becoming the first private company to send astronauts into orbit and dock a crewed spacecraft with the International Space Station.
Zinho Vanheusden Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- With the launch of the first two prototype satellites in February 2018, SpaceX began developing the Starlink constellation of low-Earth orbit satellites to provide satellite Internet access.
- The second set of test satellites was launched in May 2019, as well as the first large deployment of a piece of the constellation.
- As part of Musk’s response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Starlink terminals were sent to the country in order to provide Internet access and communication, an action that was highly praised by Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
- As a free speech absolutist, Musk refused to block Russian state media on Starlink.
- Musk announced in October 2022 that SpaceX had donated 20,000 satellite terminals, along with free data transfer subscriptions, worth $80 million.
- As part of a new missile defense system in low Earth orbit, SpaceX designs and launches custom military satellites for the Space Development Agency.
Andreas Christensen Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In 2003, Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning established Tesla, Inc., originally known as Tesla Motors. They financed the company until the Series A funding round was completed.
- The Series A round of investment in Tesla was led by Musk in February 2004; he invested $6.5 million, became the majority shareholder, and was appointed chairman of Tesla’s board of directors.
- In 2007, escalating conflicts led to Eberhard’s departure from the firm, which coincided with the 2008 financial crisis.
- In 2008, Musk assumed the role of CEO and product architect of the company. Musk was named as a Tesla co-founder, along with Tarpenning and two others, in a 2009 settlement with Eberhard.
- According to Musk, he is the longest-tenured CEO of any automotive manufacturer in the world as of 2019.
- While retaining his position as CEO, Musk changed his title to “Technoking” in 2021.
- In 2008, Tesla built its first electric sports car, the Roadster. As the first serial production all-electric car to use lithium-ion battery cells, it sold approximately 2,500 units. In 2012, Tesla began delivering its four-door Model S sedan.
- The Model X was launched in 2015 as a cross-over vehicle. In 2017, the Model 3 sedan was released for the mass market. In June 2021, the Model 3 became the first electric car in the world to sell one million units. It is the all-time bestselling plug-in electric car worldwide.
- A fifth vehicle, the Model Y crossover, will be released in 2020. Earlier this year, the Cybertruck, an all-electric pickup truck, was unveiled.
- Tesla has also constructed multiple lithium-ion battery factories and electric vehicle factories, called Gigafactories, under Musk’s leadership.
- The stock of Tesla has increased significantly since its IPO in 2010; it became the most valuable automaker in the summer of 2020, and it entered the S&P 500 the following year.
- It became the sixth company in U.S. history to reach a market capitalization of $1 trillion in October 2021.
- Musk proposed in November 2021 that he sell 10% of his Tesla stock, since unrealized gains may be used to avoid taxes.
- Musk sold $6.9 billion of Tesla stock within a week, and $16.4 billion by year-end, exceeding the 10% target set by Twitter.
- Elon Musk and Kimbal Musk were under investigation by the SEC for possible insider trading related to the sale of SpaceX in February 2022, according to the media.
- Optimus, a robot developed by Tesla, was unveiled by Musk in 2022.
Johan Vasquez (footballer, born 1998) Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In 2018, Musk was sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission for a tweet claiming that funding had been secured for a potential takeover of Tesla. Defendants argued that the tweet was false, misleading, and harmful to investors, and sought to bar Musk from serving as the CEO of a public company.
- A settlement was reached between Musk and the SEC two days later, without Musk admitting or denying the SEC’s allegations. As a result, Musk and Tesla were fined $20 million each, and Musk was forced to resign as Tesla chairman for three years but was permitted to remain CEO.
- Several Tesla shareholders, including the shareholder who sued Musk over the tweet, have stated that a federal judge ruled that the tweet was false, although the ruling has not yet been released.
- Musk stated in a tweet that Tesla would build half a million vehicles in 2019.
- In the end, Musk and the SEC reached a joint agreement clarifying the details of the previous agreement.
- According to the agreement, Musk must obtain preclearance before tweeting about certain topics.
- According to a judge, Musk’s tweet regarding Tesla’s stock price (“too high imo”) in 2020 violated the settlement agreement. Records obtained through the Freedom of Information Act indicate that the SEC itself found Musk violated the agreement twice by tweeting regarding “Tesla’s solar roof production volume and its stock price.”
Virgil van Dijk Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Salary, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
SolarCity And Tesla Energy
- Musk provided the initial concept and financial backing for SolarCity, founded in 2006 by his cousins Lyndon Rive and Peter Rive.
- As of 2013, SolarCity was the second-largest solar power system provider in the United States.
- Earlier this year, Musk proposed the idea of SolarCity building a production facility triple the size of the largest solar plant in the country in Buffalo, New York.
- In 2014, construction began on the factory, which was completed in 2017. Until early 2020, the company operated as a joint venture with Panasonic.
- SolarCity was acquired by Tesla in 2016 for over $2 billion and merged with the company’s battery unit to form Tesla Energy. Tesla’s stock price dropped by more than 10% following the announcement of the deal.
- SolarCity was experiencing liquidity problems at the time. Tesla shareholders filed a lawsuit against Musk and Tesla’s directors, alleging that the purchase of SolarCity was solely done in Musk’s interest and at Tesla’s expense.
- In January 2020, Tesla directors settled the lawsuit, leaving Musk as the sole defendant. The court ruled in Musk’s favor two years later.
- Musk invested $100 million in Neuralink, a neurotechnology startup company. The mission of Neurolink is to integrate the human brain with artificial intelligence (AI) by creating devices embedded within the brain that facilitate the merging of human and machine brains.
- In 2019, Musk announced the development of a device similar to a sewing machine that is capable of embedding threads into the brain of an individual.
- A paper that details some of Neuralink’s research was published in October 2019 with Musk listed as the sole author, which rankled the Neuralink team’s researchers.
- During a demonstration in 2020, Musk described one of their early devices as “a Fitbit in your skull” capable of curing paralysis, deafness, blindness, and other ailments.
- By the end of 2022, Neuralink announced that clinical trials would begin.
- In addition to animal testing, Neuralink conducted further research on macaque monkeys at the Primate Research Center at the University of California, Davis.
- The company released a video in 2021 showing a Macaque playing the video game Pong using a Neuralink implant.
- There have been accusations of animal cruelty related to the company’s animal trials, which have caused the death of some monkeys. In its lawsuit against Neuralink, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine alleges that its animal trials are in violation of the Animal Welfare Act. It has been reported that employees have been subjected to pressure from Musk to accelerate development, resulting in botched experiments and unnecessary animal deaths.
- A federal investigation was launched into Neuralink’s potential violations of animal welfare in 2022.
Steven Bergwijn Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Nationality, Ajax, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
The Boring Company
- Musk founded the Boring Company to construct tunnels and revealed plans to develop high-speed, underground vehicles capable of traveling at 150 mph (240 km/h) and circumventing above-ground traffic in major cities.
- At the beginning of 2017, SpaceX initiated discussions with regulatory authorities and began construction of a 30-foot (9.1 m) wide, 50-foot (15 m) long, and 15-foot (4.6 m) deep “test trench” on the site of its offices, which required no permits.
- The Los Angeles tunnel, which measures less than two miles (3.2 kilometers) in length, was unveiled to the press in 2018. While traveling at suboptimal speeds, the Tesla Model X was reported to be a rough ride.
- There have been two tunnel projects announced in 2018 that have been canceled, one in Chicago and one in West Los Angeles. It should be noted, however, that the tunnel beneath the Las Vegas Convention Center was completed in early 2021.
- Further expansions of the tunnel system have been approved by local officials. Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was approved for tunnel construction in 2021.
- As early as 2017, Musk expressed an interest in purchasing Twitter.
- Musk began purchasing Twitter shares in January 2022, acquiring a 5% stake in the company by March; by April, he owned a 9.2% stake, making him the company’s largest shareholder.
- His failure to file the required SEC paperwork within 10 days after his stake passed 5% violated U.S. securities laws.
- In response to his public disclosure of his investment on April 4, Twitter shares experienced the largest intraday price increase since the company’s IPO in 2013.
- Musk revealed in March that he had acquired a significant stake in Twitter following his tweets questioning Twitter’s commitment to freedom of speech and suggesting the creation of a rival social networking site. The comments, however, were made after he had acquired 7.5% of Twitter’s shares.
- A deal Musk reached with Twitter on April 4 would appoint him to the board of directors and prohibit him from acquiring more than 14.9% of the company.
- In contrast, Musk made a $43 billion offer to buy Twitter on April 13, announcing a bid to purchase 100% of Twitter’s stock at $54.20 per share.
- Due to this, Twitter’s board adopted a “poison pill” shareholder rights plan to make it more difficult for any investor to own more than 15% of the company without the approval of the board.
- Musk secured $46.5 billion in funding on April 21, including $12.5 billion in loans against his Tesla stocks and $21 billion in equity financing.
- Musk successfully concluded his bid for approximately $44 billion on April 25.
- As a result of the deal, Tesla’s stock market value fell by over $100 billion the next day, causing Musk to lose around $30 billion of his net worth.
- In response, he tweeted criticism of Vijaya Gadde’s policies to his 86 million followers, which led to some of them harassing her in a sexist and racist manner.
- A month after Musk announced the takeover, he announced that the deal had been halted following a report that 5% of Twitter’s daily active users were spam accounts, resulting in a decline in Twitter shares of more than 10%.
- Despite initially affirming his commitment to the acquisition, he notified Twitter in July that he was terminating the deal; Twitter’s Board of Directors responded that they would keep him bound by the agreement.
- Twitter officially sued Musk in the Chancery Court of Delaware on July 12, 2022, alleging that Musk breached a legally binding agreement to purchase Twitter.
- Musk reversed his position again in October 2022, offering $54.20 per share for the purchase of Twitter. On October 27, the acquisition was officially completed.
- Musk fired top Twitter executives immediately after the acquisition, including CEO Parag Agrawal.
- As a result, he instituted an $8 monthly subscription for a “blue check”, and quickly laid off a significant number of employees. According to the Brookings Institution, Musk is using Twitter to promote hate speech, while the Southern Poverty Law Center notes that Twitter has verified numerous extremists.
Dayot Upamecano Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Elon Musk
Even though Musk is well known, there are a number of things you likely do not know about him, such as the fact that he uses many of the strategies that the 1% use to deal with inflation. A list of 20 of them is provided below.
Tesla Came Close To Being Sold To Google
During one of Tesla’s worst periods, Musk approached Google CEO Larry Page about purchasing the failing car company, according to Ashlee Vance’s book “Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future.”
Initially, the two parties agreed to a sale price of $6 billion in 2013, but the deal never materialized.
It Is Believed That He Dropped Out Of Stanford
During Musk’s time at Stanford, he lasted only two days before dropping out. Initially, he intended to pursue a doctorate in physics at the university.
He left the school instead to found Zip2, which he sold four years later for more than $300 million.
A James Bond Car Belongs To Him
Musk purchased a Lotus Esprit for almost $1 million in 2013. Why is it so expensive? Because it was the 1976 version that was converted into an underwater car for James Bond in the movie “The Spy Who Loved Me.”
Musk later admitted that he had drawn inspiration from the car when designing the Tesla Cybertruck.
Father Of 10 Children
There are seven children in Musk’s family – five with his ex-wife, Justine, and two with Grimes. Nevada, his son, died of SIDS in 2002.
He stated in an interview with the media in 2021 that civilization would crumble if people did not have more children. As a role model, I try to set a good example. Yes, I agree. “I have to practice what I preach,” he stated.
Cameo Appearances In Movies And Television
Musk does have an IMDb page. His first cameo appearance was in the 2010 film “Iron Man 2” and he also played himself on the TV series “The Big Bang Theory.”
If live-action is not your thing, Musk has also appeared in cartoon versions of himself in “The Simpsons,” “South Park,” and “Rick and Morty.”
Tony Stark Took Inspiration From Him
In preparation for his role as Tony Stark in “Iron Man,” Robert Downey Jr. turned to Musk for inspiration.
Musk assisted Downey in adding some mannerisms to his portrayal of Stark that enhanced the film’s excitement.
He Is A South African
Musk was born in South Africa and lived there until the age of seventeen.
Upon moving to Canada, he began his collegiate career at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
Previously, He Worked For Paypal
It was Musk who co-founded X.com, an online bank that merged with another company to form PayPal.
PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in 2002. PayPal’s largest shareholder, Musk, made at least $175 million from the transaction.
He Is The World’s Richest Person
As a result of Musk’s ventures, he has become extremely wealthy. Currently, he is ranked number one on the list of the world’s richest individuals, with an estimated wealth of more than $200 billion. It is a billion.
As some of his wealth is tied up in shares of Tesla, his estimated worth has fluctuated recently.
Tesla Was Not Founded By Him
Musk’s most successful venture is Tesla, but the company was not his idea. The company was founded by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in 2003, and Musk and his money were brought on board a year later.
A total of $6.35 million was invested by Musk in Tesla’s first round of venture funding in 2004. Currently, he serves as the company’s CEO.
SpaceX Was Created Using Money From Paypal
SpaceX was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk and now launches spacecraft to the International Space Station carrying supplies and astronauts.
The $100 million Musk earned after eBay acquired PayPal allowed him to start the company.
As A Result Of His Efforts, A Solar Energy Company Was Founded
The company was founded in 2006 by two of Musk’s cousins, Peter and Lyndon Rive, and Musk invested $10 million in the company at its inception. Additionally, he served on the board of directors of the company.
The solar company was ultimately acquired by Tesla in 2016 for $2.6 billion and rebranded as Tesla Energy.
His Son Was Named After A Character From A Comic Book
Musk’s son Xavier takes his name from the comic book character Professor Xavier of the Marvel X-Men series.
The name of one of my sons is Xavier, after Professor X! In a tweet posted in 2017, he confirmed the name.
It Is Known That He Has Asperger’s Syndrome
He has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, a milder form of autism characterized by a detailed focus on topics of interest and difficulty interacting with others.
A statement he made in 2022 described his experience growing up with the syndrome: “I think every individual’s experience will be somewhat different, but I guess for me, social cues were not intuitive.” “I guess for me, I was just very bookish, and I did not understand social cues.”
He Is The Son Of A Model
Maye Musk is currently a model and is the oldest model to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Her age at the time of making this year’s cover was 74.
Additionally, she is a model for Covergirl makeup.
It Has Been A While Since He Tweeted
Despite recent media coverage of Musk’s attempt to acquire Twitter, the social networking site is not a recent interest of his.
There have been a number of Musk’s infamous tweets reviewed since he joined Twitter in June 2009.
The Boring Company Was Founded By Him
There is nothing dull about The Boring Company.
There is actually a company working on developing a way to bore tunnels underground that will be able to transport people and goods more quickly than surface roads with traffic.
At Tesla, He Does Not Receive A Salary
The majority of Musk’s wealth is derived from his ownership of stocks and companies.
How much does he actually earn as CEO of Tesla? He does not receive a salary, according to a company statement.
He Has Launched His Tesla Into Space
SpaceX launched a Tesla Roadster into space aboard one of its Falcon Heavy rockets in 2018.
Musk purchased the car and it is currently floating in space.
A Video Game Was Created By Him
Musk created the video game Blastar when he was 12 years old.
As a result, he was able to sell it for $500 to a computer magazine in 1984.
Renan Lodi Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Elon Musk’s IQ is estimated to be around 155, while Albert Einstein’s is 160. Musk is an incredibly intelligent individual with such a small margin of error.
Elon Reeve Musk FRS is a business magnate and investor. Here FRS is awarded name as Fellowship of the Royal Society.
Musk founded the startup in 2016, which is developing coin-sized computer chips that are designed to be implanted directly into the human brain to aid people with neurological disorders or paralysis.
Elon Musk cofounded the electronic payment firm PayPal, and in 2002 he founded SpaceX, a company that makes rockets and spacecraft. He was a major early funder of Tesla, which makes electric cars and batteries, and became its chief executive officer in 2008. He purchased the social media service Twitter in 2022.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Elon Musk. Hopefully, Elon Musk’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Elon Musk.