As a professional footballer, Johan Felipe Vasquez Ibarra (born 22 October 1998) is famously known as Johan Vasquez. He plays at the center-back position for Cremonese in Serie A on loan from Genoa, as well as for the Mexico national team. He was born in Navojoa, Mexico to his father Rigoberto Vásquez, who runs a Seafood business, and his mother’s name is not known. Johan Vasquez is currently happily living with his longtime girlfriend Camila Hernández.
As a member of the under-23 side that won the bronze medal at the 2019 Pan American Games, Vasquez began his international career. As a young athlete, he participated in the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic Qualification Championship and the 2020 Summer Olympics. On October 2, 2019, he made his debut for the senior national team.
Johan Vasquez Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Johan Vasquez. It gives you the ability to read through the Mexican footballer profile as fast as possible.
Parents And Family Background
A foreigner would open the doors to the father of the Pumas defender Johan Vasquez in such a short career. As a son, Johan Vásquez, after participating in Tokyo 2020, signed a contract with Genoa in Italy as a ’10’ footballer.
The economic benefits Johan Vásquez received from being hired by Monterrey (2018) enabled him to assist with his father’s seafood business and remodel parts of the family home in Navojoa, Sonora.
In words of, Rigoberto Vásquez, the father of Johan Vásquez tells the media-
“I have owned my house for almost 30 years, and I was already a part of it before I got married. I purchased a piece of land from him about three years ago, where I previously rented my business, and we are currently building a restaurant with a small thing in the back; I am a seafood fisherman,” he emphasizes. The kitchen was renovated by Johan for his mother; he improved things around the house. I have always found him to be very diligent with us. Why should I refuse his request?.”
“She considers him to be a very helpful person who has behaved well since he purchased a truck for her and a newer car for his mother. I continue to work, but when something becomes stuck, it is always there, ready to assist. In his role as a son, he has behaved too well”, remarks Rigoberto Vásquez.
A grateful person, he says that he helps his mother financially and pays for their travels; which gives him the life he enjoys with his family, and above all he is a great footballer.
“Despite the fact that he has helped us a great deal, I did not pursue that but rather wished for him to realize his dreams. It was never a problem for me to take it everywhere where auditions were held. Truth be told, I never imagined that I would succeed so quickly.”
According to Rigoberto Vásquez, he recognized qualities in his son when he made his debut in the First Division, so he never thought he would open doors to foreign countries in such a short period of time.
As a child, Johan Vásquez had Oswaldo Sánchez as an idol, the one who broke stones going from place to place, the one who, at such a young age, behaved like a professional footballer, continues to grow and establish himself as a reliable central defender.
“When Oswaldo Sánchez played for the national team, he was a huge fan of Oswaldo Sánchez. Johan also enjoyed carrying around items as a boy. He had his towel with his face of Oswaldo on it. A friend of mine purchased it at the Mexico airport and gave it to me, and I handed it over to Johan” explains Rigoberto Vásquez.
Johan’s taste for Oswaldo changed in his first stage at Pumas, around the age of 12 and 13, and he took Dario Verón as a model; the Paraguayan-Mexican had led the university defense for over a decade.
“That is the school that Johan attends: Darío Verón. As a result of seeing him train at the Cantera, Verón marked him a great deal. In his possession, he does not have any photos of himself, but he does have photographs of the “Rat” Bravo”.
Johan Vasquez Net Worth
In 2022, what will Johan Vasquez’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Johan Vasquez signed a loan contract with US Cremonese from Genoa CFC that ends in Jun 2023 which netted him a whopping salary of £489,645 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £1,345 per day and £56 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£489,645|
|Per Month Salary||£40,803|
|Per Week Salary||£9,416|
|Per Day Salary||£1,345|
|Per Hour Salary||£56|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.9|
|Current Contract||With US Cremonese (On loan from Genoa CFC)|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$550 Thousand (with Genoa CFC $3.85 Million)|
|Market Value||$4.40 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$6.60 Million (Apr 21, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Johan Vasquez has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $4.40 million.
Johan Vasquez FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Johan Vasquez has an overall rating of 72 with a potential rating of 81. A 2-star rating has been assigned to Vasquez for his skill moves.
Johan Vasquez FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|73||Heading Accuracy||40||FK Accuracy|
|63||Short Passing||60||Long Passing|
|71||Defensive Awareness||74||Sliding Tackle|
It is his preference to shoot with his left foot. He has a medium/high work rate. Vasquez’s height is 184 cm and his weight is estimated to be 72 kg. At the moment, Johan Vásquez is playing with the number 5.
- After trying out for Club Universidad Nacional’s youth academy, Vasquez joined Rayados del Monterrey’s youth academy in 2015.
- In 2016, he briefly transferred to Poblado Miguel Aleman FC. He eventually settled in Cimarrones de Sonora.
- On July 21, 2017, he made his professional debut for Ascenso MX against the bats after successfully advancing to the first team.
- The Monterrey Football Club made Johan’s 2-year loan official on April 19, 2018, with the option to purchase.
- In a match against Cruz Azul on October 6, 2018, he made his debut with the regios.
- In 2018, the Monterrey Football Club definitively purchased Vásquez for 2 million dollars, making it the League of Ascension of Mexico’s most expensive sale.
- Due to a lack of minutes at Monterrey, Johan transferred to Club Universidad Nacional on January 7, 2020.
- He made his UNAM debut with the UNAM team at the Estadio Olympico Universitario with coach Michel González in a 2-1 victory over Pachuca. Favio Alvarez, Sebastián Saucedo, and Alejandro Mayorga, 3 of the 6 Pumas reinforcements, also started.
- In the closing tournament of the 2020 season, he scored his first goal with the university team against Club Santos Laguna on matchday 4. This closing tournament was suspended due to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In the Guardianes 2020 tournament, he finished runner-up with the UNAM team after losing the final against Club León.
- He was the undisputed starter in his first season with the Pumas, who purchased him at the end of 2020.
- He signed a season-long loan with an option to buy with Genoa on 16 August 2021.
- The loan agreement between Vásquez and Cremonese with the option of buying was signed on 18 June 2022.
- During the 2019 Pan American Games, where Mexico won the bronze medal, Vásquez began his international career with the under-23 side.
- Mexico won the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship, in which he scored one goal in five appearances. His name was included in the tournament’s Best XI.
- Vasquez was subsequently selected to participate in the 2020 Summer Olympics. With the Olympic team, he won a bronze medal.
- Vásquez debuted for the senior national team against Trinidad & Tobago on 2 October 2019.
- As a substitute in Mexico’s 2–0 win, he replaced Paolo Yrizar in the 63rd minute.
Which is Johan Vásquez’s preferred foot?
Johan Vásquez’s preferred foot is right.
How old is Johan Vásquez?
Johan Vásquez is 23 years old.
How tall is Johan Vásquez?
Johan Vásquez is 184 cm tall. Or 6 ft 0 in.
Where is Johan Vásquez from?
Johan Vásquez is from Mexico.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Johan Vasquez worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Johan Vasquez has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Mexican footballer. Hopefully, Johan Vasquez’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Johan Vasquez.