Andreas Bodtker Christensen (born 10 April 1996) is a Danish professional footballer who currently plays as a center-back for Premier League club Chelsea as well as the Danish national team. In Christensen’s early career, he worked for Skjold Birkerod, and later on, he worked for Brondby. Chelsea signed him at the age of 15 in February 2012, the same month he made his debut as a professional footballer.
He was loaned out to the Bundesliga club Borussia Monchengladbach from 2015 to 2017. During that time, he made 82 appearances and scored 7 goals. During the summer of 2015, Christensen made his full international debut for Denmark. At the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he represented the country as well as at the UEFA Euro 2020.
Andreas Christensen Bio/Wiki
Woodgram presents the Full Story of a Defender nicknamed “The Quiet Humble Dane”.
Andreas Christensen’s biography includes a full account of his life from childhood to the present.
Andreas Christensen’s Biography includes details about his childhood, family, parents, lifestyle, wife (Katrine Friis), personal life, and much more.
Everyone knows about his humble looks, but few consider Andreas Christensen’s biography, which is quite fascinating. Let’s get started.
Life in the early years and family background
Andreas Christensen was born in Lillerod, Denmark, on the 10th day of April 1996. As a young child, he was raised by his mother, Tina Christensen, and his father, Sten Christensen, who was a former goalkeeper.
In Lillerod, Denmark, Andreas Christensen grew up in the town of Blovstrod along with his one and only brother Magnus. As a young child, he had a fascination for football, and his father convinced him to start playing a sport early in life.
His dad, Sten, puts it this way:
“As a matter of fact, I would say the first time I saw my son’s talent was when he was about seven or eight years old. The moment he had the ball at his feet, he wasn’t looking down, he was looking up.
When he was running with it, he had a special style that set him apart from others. During that time, I knew that my son had the potential to become a professional footballer.
Since then, I have driven him to his youth club five or six times a week for six years. Considering that it was a 90 km round trip, that was a lot of driving.
It was also nice for me to spend that quality time with my daughter as a father. It was also nice for me when I started coaching there as well.”
While Andreas Christensen was still very young, he played as a striker, a right-winger, and a left-back, among other positions.
It is still possible for him to play in a wide range of positions. One of his strengths is his ability to read the game. When he got good at it, he was good at it forever.
After eight years of playing for Brondby IF (2004-2012), Andreas managed to capture the attention of some of Europe’s top clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Bayern Munich thanks to his status as the most promising youth footballer in his region.
At the Brondby IF academy, he helped his team win both the FA Youth Cup and the UEFA Youth League during his time there.
It was Chelsea who acquired him as a result of their luck. Eventually, Christian Christensen signed for Chelsea on a free transfer on 7 February 2012, at the end of André Villas-Boas’ time as the club’s manager. He had spent six years at Reserves before moving to Chelsea.
The Danish player said: “I have chosen Chelsea because they play the kind of football that I enjoy.” The rest, as they say, is history.
The wife of Andreas Christensen: Would you like to know more about Katrine Friis?
Earlier this season, Andreas Christensen had a breakthrough season at Chelsea and was a mainstay in Chelsea’s defense with his impressive performances. This is also the year he got married to an attractive lady who can make him look like a completely different man off the pitch.
As the popular saying goes, behind every successful man is a woman, so sit back and let us take a moment to introduce you to the woman who makes Christensen smile.
Danish beauty Katrine Friis loves cheering on her boyfriend in the crowd at Stamford Bridge. She posts many photos of her gorgeous self in the stands or in a posh box.
When it comes to her support, there are no bounds, and WoodGram salutes her for being the ultimate cheerleader.
Additionally, she loves shopping and wearing bikinis. You should be allowed a shopping allowance when your boyfriend is a footballer. Andreas Christensen must give her a lot of money.
Emil Riis Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Katrine loves her bikini, and she’s not afraid to show off a bit of skin to tan all over. Katrine would surely be the first choice of casting directors for James Bond if she had a bikini body like hers.
She is one who loves to travel as she has been to Thailand, the Maldives, Greece, and even Denmark and France. Katrine and Andreas own a cool dog named Marley.
The Personal Life of Andreas Christensen away from Football
Speaking to the people who know Christensen best, there are two recurring themes.
He is almost stereotypically cool and calm, as the Danish national character is often depicted as being.
Strengths: Andreas is brave, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, and passionate.
Weaknesses of Andreas Christensen: His humble looks are often overlooked. During his youth, it appears that he was bullied.
He enjoys taking on leadership roles, physical challenges, individual sports, and playing in the pool with friends (Victor Moses, Gary Cahil, etc).
He dislikes inactivity, delays, and work that does not utilize one’s talents.
Andreas Christensen’s presence on the pitch marks the beginning of something exciting and turbulent.
Pione Sisto Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Little about the Christensen family
In the Christensen family, patience may not be a virtue that runs strongly. Sten, Andreas’s father-manager, is a man who truly means what he says.
Andreas once threatened to leave Chelsea if he was not given regular and substantial playing time. Chelsea granted his wish.
Andreas Christensen spent most of his childhood with his dad, who he describes as follows;
He was a goalkeeper, a little bit crazy, and I’m probably more like my mother, more laid back. He stopped playing when I was born and I never saw him play, but I think he was pretty good.”
“with Peter Schmeichel going to Manchester United, Brondby bought my dad instead. Big shoes to fill. He always played in the best league in Denmark. So, I guess he was OK and I grew up with him as a coach.”
a local club was founded by him since we didn’t have a team. I played with boys who are one year older than me and I’ve grown up with that all the way to under-17.”
“He shouted at me more than the others did. At home, he would tell me stuff he did not want to tell the other boys.”
“So I grew up feeling pressure, not exactly, but your dad was a coach and he probably played a great role in what I’ve accomplished.”
It remains a family tradition that every member of his family must pick up at a young age and at a below-normal age.
Christensen began kicking a football at the age of two. When he was four, his dad had to lie about his age because in Denmark, you can’t start playing football until you’re five years old.
Simon Kjær Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Andreas had a strong family unit, with his mother Tina and his younger brother Magnus supporting him as he strived to follow in his father’s footsteps.
At his first club, we told people he was five years old when he was only four. His first gig was at a little club in Nordsjaelland.
Andreas asked his dad when he was 10 if it was okay to train at a higher level at Brondby. His dad said yes and told him to go train there.
One of the coaches there, John Ranum, told him, “Okay, we see Andreas as a six, but we should teach him to defend, so we can put him down as a center-back.”.
Andreas Christensen Net Worth
What will his salary be in 2022?
He signed a contract with Chelsea in 2017 that netted him 3.8 million euros (3.3 million pounds) per year. According to our calculations, he earns €10,383 (£8,967) per day and €433 (£374) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||10 Million Euro (9 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||3.8 Million Euro (3.3 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€316,667 (£275,362)|
|Per Week Salary||€73,077 (£63,545)|
|Per Day Salary||€10,411 (£9,053)|
|Per Hour Salary||€434 (£377)|
|Per Minute Salary||€7 (£6)|
|Current Contract||With Chelsea FC|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2015|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$19.80 Million|
|Market Value||$38.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$44.00 Million (Mar 23, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
As a result of Chelsea’s salaries, he has already made a lot of money for a man of his age. His net worth is around 10 million euros (9 million pounds).
He has a high market value. Every club is looking for a humble, solid defender who does not commit many errors. His market value is around 25 million euros (22 million euros).
Andreas Christensen Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
The Danish footballer Andreas Christensen is currently 26 years old and plays as a Centre Back for the Chelsea team in England. According to FIFA 22, he currently has an overall rating of 82, with a potential rating of 86. Christensen has a rating of 2 stars for skillmoves.
Andreas Christensen FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|80||Heading Accuracy||39||FK Accuracy|
|80||Short Passing||73||Long Passing|
As a rule, he prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrate is to be low / medium. According to our database, Christensen’s height is 188 cm and his weight is 81 kg. Andreas Christensen is currently playing with the numbers 4 and 6.
Andreas Cornelius Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Career & Net Worth
- Christensen was born in Lillerod, in the municipality of Allerod.
- He began his career with Skjold Birkerod and later joined Brondby. Christensen is the son of former Brondby goalkeeper Sten Christensen.
- In his eight years there, he attracted the attention of Europe’s top clubs, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Bayern Munich.
- In February 2012, Christensen signed for Chelsea on a free transfer, near the end of André Villas-Boas’ reign as manager of the club.
- Chris Christensen said he chose Chelsea because they play the kind of football he likes.
- Christensen made his senior debut for Chelsea on 19 May 2013 during their last match of the 2012–13 season.
- Yet did not participate in the match, which ended in a 2–1 home win over Everton in Rafael Benitez’s last game as manager.
- Prior to the 2013–14 season, he was a member of the senior team squad and signed a professional contract.
- In the fourth round of the League Cup on 28 October 2014, he played the full 90 minutes at right-back as Chelsea beat Shrewsbury Town 2–1.
- The next time Christensen played was on 24 January 2015, when he played in the same role against League One side Bradford City in the FA Cup fourth round.
- Despite Christensen’s absence from the campaign, Chelsea won the League Cup with a 2–0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur in the final.
- Manager José Mourinho responded with, “The man of the match was Andreas Christensen, who played well against Shrewsbury.”
- It’s not just John Terry (the official Man of the Match for the final) because we are a team. I’m proud of them all.”
- Christensen represented Chelsea U19 in the 2014–15 UEFA Youth League final against Shakhtar Donetsk in Switzerland on 13 April 2015.
- Even though he scored his own goal in the first half to cancel out Izzy Brown’s opener, Chelsea won 3–2.
- On 24 May, he made his Premier League debut against Sunderland, replacing John Obi Mikel with 12 minutes left in the 3–1 victory at home.
- Despite Christensen only making one league appearance out of the entire season, Mourinho stated that he would receive a replica medal from his club.
Loan to Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Chelsea loaned Christensen to Borussia Mönchengladbach on 10 July 2015.
- On 10 August, he made his debut in the first round of the DFB-Pokal against FC St. Pauli, winning 4–1.
- In a 4–0 loss to Borussia Dortmund, Christensen made his Bundesliga debut five days later.
- In a 5–1 victory over Werder Bremen at Borussia-Park on 5 February 2016, he scored his first professional goals.
- After an impressive debut season, Christensen won the team’s Player of the Season award.
- During the 2016 summer, Mönchengladbach tried multiple times to convert his loan move into a permanent one, but Chelsea reportedly rejected the £14.25 million bid from the German side.
- Christensen scored the final goal for Fiorentina to win 4–3 on aggregate in the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League.
- In the next round, he scored again as Schalke won on away goals following a 3-3 aggregate draw.
Back in Chelsea
- Christensen made his first appearance for Chelsea after two years on loan in Germany.
- Following Gary Cahill’s red card in Chelsea’s 3–2 home loss to Burnley on opening day.
- Eight days later, he made his Premier League debut against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Christensen signed a new Chelsea deal on 9 January 2018 running until 2022 after establishing himself in the first team.
- Christensen made 40 appearances for the Blues in 2017–18, including three in the FA Cup triumph.
- A back injury prevented him from playing in the final.
- He was named Young Player of the Year prior to the season’s end.
- New manager Maurizio Sarri deploys David Luiz and Antonio Rüdiger in central defense.
- Christensen had made only two league appearances in February 2019. Despite this, he refused to leave the club.
- Christensen won his first UEFA Champions League on 29 May 2021 as Chelsea won 1–0 against Manchester City in the 2021 UEFA Champions League Final.
- Christensen scored his first goal for Chelsea in the Champions League group stage on 20 October 2021.
- Christensen made his senior international debut for Denmark against Montenegro on 8 June 2015.
- Christensen started for Denmark in a 2–1 win over Iceland on 24 March 2016.
- Denmark qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup with six wins.
- In the second leg of the play-off against the Republic of Ireland, he scored his first international goal to equalize.
- Manager Age Hareide called him up for the finals in Russia.
- Because Andreas Bjelland got an injury, Generally he plays in central defense with Simon Kjaer, but in the last game against France, he plays defensive midfield.
- To combat Croatia’s strength in midfield, he remained in that position but made an error that allowed Mario Mandzukic to equalize as Croatia went on to win on penalties.
- During Denmark’s very successful UEFA Euro 2020 campaign, Anders Christensen played all six games.
- In a 4–1 win over Russia on 21 June 2021, Christensen scored a thunderous long-range goal for Denmark.
- Denmark lost 2–1 after extra time to England in the semi-finals at Wembley Stadium, having beaten Wales and the Czech Republic to get there.
Andreas Maxsø Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Andreas Christensen
- Sten Christensen, his father, is a professional football goalkeeper.
- Megnus Christensen is his brother, and Melissa Bolvig Christensen is his sister.
- Megnus Christensen is his brother and a footballer.
- When Andreas was four years old, he began playing for the Denmark association football club Skjold Birkerod.
- Center-back Christensen is known for his calmness in possession, precision passing, and aerial dominance.
- According to Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, Dane has shown “great maturity” and he has great confidence in the Danish player.
- In the future, he can become the captain of this team. He is a player for the present and for Chelsea’s future for 10 or 14 years.
- Fans have also dubbed him the ‘Danish Maldini’ for his exceptional abilities, drawing comparisons with the legendary Italian defender Paolo Maldini.
How long has Andreas Christensen been at Chelsea?
Andreas Christensen’s Chelsea contract expires this summer, bringing to an end his 10 years as a Blue, during which he graduated from our Academy and subsequently secured a regular place in our senior squad, playing 161 games.
What position is Andreas Christensen?
How old is Christensen?
Is Andreas Christensen a Chelsea academy graduate?
A tall, ball-playing center-back, Andreas Christensen joined Chelsea’s academy as a teenager and has graduated to become a valued member of the senior squad.
What happened to Christensen Denmark?
Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field during his team’s match against Finland at Euro 2020 on Saturday, a frightening moment broadcast live to millions of fans.
Andreas Christensen’s life story shows that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams.
It was his ability to build himself up that made the kids compel him to stay.
Having invested so much money in enrolling Andreas Christensen in a sports academy is commendable.
Certainly, they will be very proud of him for never wasting a chance to be successful.
Thank you for reading Woodgram’s version of Andreas Christensen’s biography.
We care about the accuracy of our content on Danish Footballers. If you spot any errors, let us know.
As a final note, we’d appreciate your feedback on Andreas Christensen, including our biography of him (below as a comment). Now, stay tuned for more Danish Football Stories from WoodGram.