As Dayot Upamecano, Oswald Dayotchanculle Upamecano is a French professional footballer who plays as a center-back for the German Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the France national team. As a center-back, he is usually positioned in front of the goalkeeper to protect the goal. As a professional football player, he is much stronger and bigger than his peers and has a very bright future for both his club and the country.
Dayot Upamecano started his career at a very young age when he played for Vaillant S Angers, which is more of a recreational center in France. From there, he started to grow into a very talented player. As a member of one of the largest clubs in Germany, RB Leipzig, he is drawing interest from many other clubs to join their team.
Dayot Upamecano Bio/Wiki[table id=3243 /]
Our biography of Dayot Upamecano contains facts about his childhood, his early years, family, parents, girlfriend/fiancee, lifestyle, cars, net worth, and personal life. From the boyhood days when he was a big boy, to the day he became famous, this is the story of the footballer’s life.
We all know that Dayot is a defensive beast, and many have considered him to be the successor to Raphail Varane. Few football fans, however, have read Dayot Upamecano’s biography, which we prepared and is quite interesting. Let’s get started.
The full name of Dayot Upamecano is Dayotchanculle Oswald Upamecano.
The defender was born on the 27th day of October 1998 in Evreux, a commune in the department of Ewe, in the Normandy region of France. In case you weren’t aware, he was born just three months after the 1998 World Cup in France. Dayot Upamecano’s parents gave him the name “Dayotchanculle” for a reason shortly after he was born.
It was given to him as a souvenir (SoFoot Reports) and it was a name his great-grandfather bore.
Dayot Upamecano was born as the first child of a football-loving family and may even have been the second. His early years were spent growing up alongside his elder sister and younger brother, who he considers his successor.
From his looks, you’ll agree with me that the defender probably has family roots outside of France. As you have probably guessed, Dayot Upamecano’s family has its origins in West Africa, specifically Guinea-Bissau.
Guinea-Bissau is a tropical country on West Africa’s Atlantic coast that is known for its national parks and wildlife. Here is one of Dayot Upamecano’s parents- his cute father, without a doubt, explains his African heritage.
His parents (led by his father) gave him the name “Dayotchanculle,” which is an honorary title for a village chief on the island of Jeta Caoi, his family’s hometown in Guinea-Bissau.
The French Evreux neighborhood was an exciting place for young Dayot to grow up. At first, he lived and played football (futsal or five-a-side football complex) from morning to night. He did that with his best friend, a fellow French footballer named Ousmane Dembele.
Dayot once said of his childhood experience: “With Ousmane and others, we played football all the time. We also played futsal. We began by working on our technique and aggressiveness. And that helped us a lot.”
When Dayot Upamecano was a kid, he wasn’t the best on the pitch. The young lad was lucky to have his family members as advisors and helpers since football was a family passion. The father of Dayot Upamecano, for example, made him work very hard so that he would be accepted into a decent football academy.
Thankfully, he began his football career with Vaillante S. Angers (2004-2007) and FC De Prey (2008-2009). For kid footballers in his neighborhood, 2009 was a great year. Not so far from his family home, a new club academy named “Evreux Football Club 27” began operations that year.
Among the first to attend and pass the academy’s trials were Lucky Dayot and his best friend Ousmane Dembele. In the beginning, life at Evreux wasn’t easy for Dayot. Although he had his feet on the ground since a very young age.
In his time there, Dayot claimed to have worked more than others (mostly on solo mode).
In his words; “In Evreux, at the end of the training, I still go to kick the ball alone. It worked for me and it was the key to my success.“
Eventually Dayot’s hard work at Evreux paid off as he was called up by a bigger academy. In order to move to Valenciennes FC (2nd tier of the French football league system), he left Evreux FC (5th tier of the French football league system).
When Dayot Upamecano played for Valenciennes FC, it wasn’t about being the best, but about having a rage in every game. He was sometimes asked to play in the middle, which he did well, scoring goals as well. Regardless of where the coach put him, he played with all his strength and maturity.
Valenciennes was indeed a very good memory for the rising defender who was seen with his friend and academy mate.
In the summer of 2015, the French defender made the most important decision of his life. He left his entire family and his country for greener pastures abroad. Dayot Upamecano’s parents approved his decision to play football abroad, specifically in Austria. Due to his in-built maturity, it was difficult for him to leave home at such a young age.
Dayot started his career with Liefering, an Austrian second division team, before being drafted by Red Bull Salzburg. The Red Bull Salzburg program helped him become more mature in many areas, including language.
In his words: “There were many foreigners like me. I had to learn the language. The educators were really great.”
At Red Bull Salzburg, Dayot knew strength was one of the few abilities so crucial to modern football. As a consequence, he adopted a hardcore regime to build his pack of Pack On Muscles. At the time of his much-anticipated transfer to RB Leipzig, the defender had already become a FOOTBALL GOLIATH.
At only 29, the young defender had already become a Goliath. His long bulky legs, which he stretched out to steal the ball, was one of the characteristics fans cheered for about him. The height of his muscles at 6 feet, 1 inch is, without a doubt, an obstacle that will be difficult for any opponent to overcome.
The Rocky Defender is able to dominate every physical clash, and on high balls, he is basically unbeatable. A dramatic transformation by Julian Nagelsmann has made Dayot one of the most attractive French prospects for the position of central defense after Raphel Varane and Ayrneric Lapo-te. But the rest, as they say, is history.
During hours of intensive research on the web, we discovered that Dayot Upamecano has not yet made public his relationship (at the time of writing). But who knows? Despite having a secret girlfriend, he has decided not to make it public.
It is risky (career ruining) and unforgiveable for young footballers to expose their relationships at an early career stage. Dayot Upamecano’s parents and advisors may have advised him to keep his love life private.
Dayot has the attribute of being playful right off the bat. He transforms himself into a beast on the pitch, becoming very serious. He feels very comfortable in nature.
Also in his personal life, the footballer is not a big fan of tattoos. Last but not least, he is resourceful, brave, passionate, a true friend, and a leader.
Without the help of family members, becoming a football star would not have been as easy as it is today. The following section will provide you with information about Dayot Upamecano’s family members, beginning with his parents. Dayot’s father is a tiler (a person who lays tiles) by profession and an avid football fan as well. He is credited for infusing the game of football into his son.
For Dayot, nothing can surpass the experience of visiting llha de jeta (his family hometown) with his dad to see his grandparents and other extended family members. First and foremost, Dayot’s mother is a hairdresser by profession. According to local radio station in France, revealed this when the defender spoke to them.
In contrast to Everton’s Tom Davies, Dayot does not boast of his mother’s profession, which shows in his looks. Even though both players’ mothers are hairdressers, he does not display flamboyant hairstyles or haircuts.
Upamecano has two siblings; a big sister and a little brother, as far as we know. The way he commits himself on the pitch is similar to the way he is close to his siblings. Dayot once announced on his social media account that his little brother (pictured below) would succeed him. Essentially, it means that his brother is also in the process of becoming a footballer and defender.
Upamecano has a Net Worth of around 20 million euros (18 million pounds) and a Market Value of €45.00 million, so it is fair to say that he is a millionaire footballer. Let me ask you a question!, What does the defender do with his €192,308 (£167,224) salary per week? You’ll find out in this section.
Upamecano’s first decision is to choose between practicality on the pitch and pleasure off it. During his time off he enjoys desert safari rides on the Arabian Desert Safari located in Dubai – United Arab Emirates, where he earns €192,308 (£167,224) per week.
Aside from his obsession with Desert Safari Rides, Dayot also loves to spend his hard-earned money on boat rides while on vacation. Rather than showcasing exotic cars, large houses (mansions), etc. On social media, he would rather live this lifestyle.
Most people forget facts, but they remember childhood stories. In this section of Dayot Upamecano’s biography, we’ll provide you with some factual knowledge you never knew about the defender.
Footballers with huge prospects are always in demand by FIFA Career mode lovers whenever a new FIFA is released. Dayot Upamecano FIFA stats reveal he is one of those with huge prospects. Who knows? he could even be the future world’s best defender.
The France team was Dayot’s role model as a child.dels. A particular role model stands out among these role models. He is not a defender like him, but he was legendary.is love for Zizou that made him play as a midfielder while he was younger.
There is evidence to suggest that Dayot Upamecano’s parents raised him according to the Christian religion. The footballer is big and doesn’t hide his religion from anyone. The neckless he wears is adorned with a crucifix, a sign that suggests he may be a Catholic.
Dayot Upamecano Net Worth
What will his salary be in 2023?
In July 2021, the center back signed a contract with Bayern Munich, bringing him a salary of 10 million euros (8.7 million pounds) per year. According to our calculations, he earns €12,393 (£11,322) per day and €516 (£472) per hour.[table id=3244 /]
At the moment, the young defender is one of the hottest properties in world football. His club has therefore enticed him with a multi-million dollar salary offer to stay a few more seasons. As a result, his net worth has increased by upwards of 28 million euros (24.7 million Pounds).
Dayot Upamecano In FIFA 2022
Daysot Upamecano is a 25-year-old Spanish footballer who plays as a center back for Bundesliga club Bayern München in Germany. He has an overall rating of 82 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 87. Upamecano has been rated 2 stars for skill moves. He likes to shoot with his right foot most of the time. His workrates are High / Medium. It has been estimated that Upamecano’s height is 186 cm and that his weight is 90 kg according to our database. Dayot Upamecano is currently playing with the number 2 position.
His best stats are as follows:
- Slide Tackle: 90
- Strength: 88
- Jumping: 87
- Stand Tackle: 84
- Sprint Speed: 84.
Red Bull Salzburg
- After attracting the attention of a number of major European clubs, including Manchester United, Upamecano signed a contract with Red Bull Salzburg in July 2015 for a reported fee of €2.2 million.
- On the 29th of July 2015, he was an unused substitute in Red Bull’s match against Malmö FF in the UEFA Champions League.
- A couple of days later, Dayot Upamecano made his professional debut for Red Bull’s farm team, Liefering, in a 2-1 league win against St. Pölten.
- Earlier this year, on 19 March 2016, he made his league debut for Red Bull Salzburg in a 2–1 win over SV Mattersburg.
- It would appear that Upamecano gained a regular place with the first team in both league and Europa League matches in the first half of the 2016-17 season.
- On 13 January 2017, Upamecano joined RB Leipzig on a 4.5 year deal, for a reported €10 million fee.
- Dayot Upamecano made his Bundesliga debut on 4 February 2017 against Borussia Dortmund under coach Ralph Hasenhüttl in a 1–0 defeat for the team.
- In a 1-1 draw against Monaco on 13 September 2017, he made his Champions League debut as a substitute.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 2–0 victory over Augsburg on 9 February 2018. It was announced on 2 July 2018 that he had been shortlisted for the 2018 Golden Boy Awards.
- At the end of July 2020, Dayot Upamecano signed a new contract that will run until the end of 2023. With RB Leipzig, he reached the semi-finals of the Champions League under the tutelage of coach Julian Nagelsmann in the 2019–20 season.
- German football giants Bayern Munich announced that they signed Dayot Upamecano on 14 February 2021, with an effective date of 1 July 2021.
- According to reports, the club has met his release clause from Leipzig which is set at €42.5 million.
- On 16 July 2021, Upamecano played in his first game as a Bayern player in a pre-season friendly against fellow Bundesliga team 1 FC Köln, which Bayern lost 3–2 despite fielding a side largely made up of reserve and youth players.
- At the start of the 2021-2022 Bundesliga season, Dayot Upamecano made his competitive debut, starting at center back alongside Niklas Süle in the 1-1 away draw against Borussia Mönchengladbach in his debut.
- His first goal for the club came in a 4–0 win over VfL Wolfsburg on 17 December, when he headed in a cross from Thomas Müller.
- Dayot Upamecano is of Bissau-Guinean heritage. He was a member of the France under-16 team that finished third at the 2014 Aegean Cup.
- The defender appeared in three of his country’s four games and was voted the competition’s best defender.
- As a result of this, Dayot Upamecano was selected for the France under-17 squad at the age of 16, making his debut in a European Championship qualifier against Cyprus on 27th October 2014.
- As a result of the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship being won by France, Upamecano played in all six of his country’s matches and was named in the team of the tournament.
- At the age of 18 he made his debut for France under-18 in a 0–0 friendly draw against United States under-18 on 4 September 2015.
- Upamecano made his debut for the France national football team on 5 September 2020 by starting the match against Sweden in the UEFA Nations League group stage.
- In a friendly match against Croatia on 8 September, Dayot Upamecano scored his first international goal in a 4–2 win.
Facts About Dayot Upamecano
- Dayot Upamecano was born in France and is of Bissau-Guinean descent.
- During the 2014 Aegean Cup, he was a member of the France under-16 squad which finished third.
- He participated in three of his country’s four games and was named the best defender of the competition.
- As a result, Dayot Upamecano was promoted to the French under-17 team, where he made his debut in a European Championship qualifier against Cyprus on 27 October 2014.
- At the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, France won the title with Upamecano playing in all six matches and being named to the tournament’s team of the year.
- On 4 September 2015, Dayot Upamecano made his debut for France’s under-18 team in a 0–0 friendly draw with the U.S. Under-18 team.
- The player is eligible to play for Guinea-Bissau, France, and Portugal.
- Red Bull’s match against Malmö FF in the UEFA Champions League on 29 July 2015 saw him not used as a substitute.
- A few days later, he was able to make his professional debut for FC Liefering, a Red Bull farm team, in a league match against St. Pölten by a score of 2 to 1.
The defender was born to his parents in Evreux, a commune located in the department of Eure, a region of Normandy, France.
France national football team
France national under-21 football team
FC Bayern Munich
While he wore the numbers 4 and 5 at Salzburg and Leipzig, he opted for the number 2 at FC Bayern. This followed in the footsteps of such successful defenders as Markus Babbel and Willy Sagnol.
Upamecano spent four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga with Leipzig prior to joining Bayern last year, opting to reject Premier League interest.