Brazilian professional footballer Gabriel Teodoro Martinelli Silva (born 18 June 2001) is famously known as Gabriel Martinelli, who plays for Premier League club Arsenal and the Brazilian national team. Martinelli, who was born and raised in Guarulhos, began his senior club career with Ituano before signing with Arsenal in July 2019. Gabriel Martinelli is known for his agility and effective movement, dribbling past multiple opponents to create or score goals.
Martinelli was born to his mother, (family name: Silva), and father, Joao Martinelli in Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Martinelli plays for the Brazil under-23s at the international level. At the 2020 Summer Olympics, he helped Brazil win an Olympic Gold medal in men’s football. During the 2021–22 season, Martinelli documented the club by spending time with the coaching staff and players, both on and off the field, through the Amazon Original sports docuseries All or Nothing: Arsenal.
Gabriel Martinelli Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Gabriel Martinelli. It gives you the ability to read through the Brazilian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Gabriel Teodoro Martinelli Silva|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||• Gabriel Martinelli|
|Age||22 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Born Place||Guarulhos, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||18 June 2001|
|Residence||Guarulhos, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Home Town||Guarulhos, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||João Martinelli|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Isabella Rousso (to be)|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||TFM Agency|
|Debut Club (Recently)||• 2019: Arsenal FC|
|Debut International||• 2019: Brazilian national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Arsenal FC)|
• 22 (Brazilian national football team)
|Current Teams||• Arsenal FC|
• Brazilian national football team
|Position||Forward - Attack - Left Winger|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5'10"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Italian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
We give you a detailed biography of Gabriel Martinelli with information about his childhood, early life, parents, family, girlfriend or wife-to-be (Rachel Akemy), lifestyle, net worth, and personal life.
The history of the Brazilian footballer known as “Nelli” in a nutshell. Throughout our story, we follow Gabriel’s early days to when he became famous with the Gunners.
Below is a pictorial summary of Gabriel Martinelli’s life to give you an idea of his engaging nature. In recent years, he has been one of the fastest rising youngsters to come out of Brazil.
The Biography of Gabriel Martinelli, however, is not widely read by soccer fans, which is quite interesting. Let’s get started, without further ado.
An Overview Of Gabriel Martinelli’s Childhood Life And Family Background
His full name is Gabriel Teodoro Martinelli Silva. Originally from Guarulhos, Brazil, Gabriel was born in June 2001 to his mother, Silva, and father, Joao Martinelli. Gabriel Martinelli hails from Guarulhos.
It is the second most populous city in the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo. Through his father Joao Martinelli, he also has Italian roots.
Gabriel Martinelli was no different from other Brazilian football stars who did not live lives of affluence before becoming famous. He grew up in a poor family. Like some footballers (such as Gabriel Veron, Roberto Firmino, and Gabriel Jesus), Martinelli was exposed to street struggles.
Even before he could correctly pronounce his name, this happened. In Guarulhos, Gabriel Martinelli’s family lived in one of the poorest areas, an area praised only for producing gifted footballers. Since he was a toddler, Martinelli has been playing football.
Education And Career Development Of Gabriel Martinelli
When he was a child, Gabriel Martinelli enjoyed playing football more than studying. Gabriel Martinelli’s parents were concerned that the competition for football would be tremendous with only a few making it to the top, so they decided to have him get some formal education via home tutoring.
Futsal was the beginning of Gabriel Martinelli’s education. Martinelli’s quick feet and close control were honed through futsal, just like Philippe Coutinho’s before him. During those days, the local football fields of Guarulhos served as a melting pot for youngsters who gathered each evening for games.
As time went on, Gabriel Martinelli’s parents cleared their doubts and realized he had talent and could make something out of football. A tough, diminutive forward, Martinelli learned the trade of Futsal as a juvenile hurler.
Early Career Of Gabriel Martinelli
From the age of nine, the young prodigy was invited for trials by the Corinthians’ futsal team. After winning the coach’s heart during a trial, Martinelli was recruited to the team. Martinelli made an immediate impact on the Corinthian Futsal team.
In the Special Division of the Metropolitan Championship, he scored 66 goals, while in the State Gold Series, he scored 56, making 122 goals overall. He began playing football on the fields instead of Futsal in 2012.
Martinelli scored an additional 20 goals before switching to football on the fields, bringing the total to 142. Martinelli scored 63 goals while playing football. As he reached 202 goals for Corinthians in 2015, he was scouted and called up by Ituano FC, then in the Brazilian fourth division.
The coach and fans of Ituano FC continued to be impressed by Gabriel Martinelli during his time there. This young prodigy was so good that he broke the record for becoming the youngest player to debut for Ituano. Fans knew then he was destined for greatness.
The Road To Fame Of Gabriel Martinelli
In spite of their young age, Martinelli continues to show great promise, one of the reasons they are being targeted by European giants (Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid).
Of all European giants, Manchester United invited him for trials first. Mason Greenwood and Gabriel Martinelli played together while on trials. Although he had four trials to impress Manchester United, he was rejected. Paul Pogba met the rejected Brazilian before he left Manchester for greener pastures elsewhere.
Gabriel Martinelli was only let train at Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy after failing a trial with Manchester United in order to become familiar with him before signing with the club. Gabriel Martinelli decided to return to Brazil, continuing with Ituano FC, in order to make a bigger name for himself.
The opportunity he needed to make a name for himself came when he was selected to participate in the popular So Paulo State Championship. At the tournament, Gabriel Martinelli had the most impressive performance. His amazing goals helped Ituano FC win the group stages and reach the quarterfinals.
During the Brazilian national team’s pre-Copa América training camp in May 2019, Gabriel Martinelli earned a coveted spot. His selection means he will train alongside Neymar, Coutinho, and the rest of the Brazilian senior players.
A turning point in his young career was also his participation in the Campeonato Paulista (the top-flight professional football league in the Brazilian state of So Paulo).
Gabriel Martinelli Love Story With His Girlfriend Or Wife (to be) Isabella Rousso
Isabella Rousso, Gabriel Martinelli’s girlfriend, is a breathtaking beauty. There is no doubt that Gabriel Martinelli is one of the best young players in the world at the moment. With his play for Arsenal, the Brazilian surprised everyone and quickly became a fan favorite.
Although the Gold Medal Olympian has suffered many injuries in recent seasons, he still brings much-needed energy to the court. He is a youngster with great talent, he plays for a top-flight club, and he has a stunning girlfriend to cheer him on.
Isabella Rousso is in a relationship with Gabriel Martinelli. Gabriel and Isabella began dating in 2021. In spite of the fact that his relationship with Rachel Akemy didn’t work out, Gabriel has found love again and he is happier than ever. In the past, Gabriel Martinelli was engaged to the Brazilian girl Rachel Akemy.
Rachel and Gabi were childhood sweethearts, but what happened between them remains a mystery. Isabella Rousso is a medical student preparing to become a doctor. Rousso was born on August 29, 2001, so she is 20 years old. Gabriel Martinelli is the same age as Isabella.
Virgo is Isabella Rousso’s zodiac sign, which means she is highly intelligent, honest, and organized. People born under the sign of Virgo are usually patient and analytical. She is a Brazilian citizen because she was born in Rio de Janeiro. In her hometown in Brazil, Isabella Rousso graduated high school.
Studying new things on a daily basis has always been a passion of hers. Isabella enrolled in university after high school to pursue her dream of becoming a doctor. Severino Sombra University, also called Vassouras University, is where Isabella Rousso studies medicine.
Love Story With His Ex-Girlfriend Rachel Akemy
Many Arsenal and Brazilian fans must have wondered whether Gabriel Martinelli has a girlfriend since his rise to fame and arrival in London. The truth is, he is already taken.
The successful footballer has a beautiful girlfriend named Rachel Akemy. Gabriel Martinelli took some bold steps just a month after joining Arsenal by committing to marrying (engaging) his girlfriend.
It was similar to Philippe Coutinho’s approach of engaging and marrying his girlfriend relatively young. Rachel Akemy and Gabriel Martinelli never miss the opportunity to take photos of themselves in exotic locations.
During their leisure time, the couple enjoys visiting London Tower Bridge. It appears that marriage could be the next step for the former couple, based on the way their relationship is going.
Gabriel Martinelli Family Life
Through his determination, Martinelli, the breadwinner of his family, has forged a path toward financial independence for his family. The fact that one of his family members has made it in football has made everyone in his household more attached to the game.
About Gabriel Martinelli’s Father
Brazilian-born Joao Martinelli has Italian roots thanks to his grandparents.
As a result, Gabriel Martinelli is qualified to obtain an Italian passport and to play for the Italian national team in the future. There is an unmistakable resemblance between father and son, as observed above.
About Gabriel Martinelli’s Mother
There is little information about her. Prior to getting married to Joao, she had borne the surname ‘Silva’.
It appears Gabriel Martinelli’s mom, at the time of writing, is still living in Brazil with the rest of the Martinelli family.
Gabriel Martinelli Net Worth
In 2023, what will Gabriel Martinelli’s salary be?
In Jul 2019 Gabriel Martinelli signed a contract with Arsenal FC that extended on Jul 3, 2020, ends in 2024 netting him a whopping salary of £4,951,780 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £13,603 per day and £566 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$6 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£4,951,780|
|Per Month Salary||£412,650|
|Per Week Salary||£95,226|
|Per Day Salary||£13,603|
|Per Hour Salary||£566|
|Per Minute Salary||£9.4|
|Current Contract||With Arsenal FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 2, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024 (extended on Jul 3, 2020)|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$29.00 Million|
|Market Value||$44.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$44.00 Million (Jun 15, 2022)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Gabriel Martinelli has an estimated net worth of around $5 Million, and his market value is about $44.00 million.
Gabriel Martinelli FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Gabriel Martinelli is a 22-year-old English Wide Midfielder who plays for Arsenal FC. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 78 with a potential rating of 88. There is a 4-star rating for Gabriel Martinelli’s skillmoves.
Gabriel Martinelli FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|72||Heading Accuracy||49||FK Accuracy|
|71||Short Passing||50||Long Passing|
|44||Defensive Awareness||43||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is High / High. According to our database, Gabriel Martinelli is 178 cm tall and weighs 75 kg. Gabriel Martinelli is currently playing with the numbers 11 and 22.
Gabriel Martinelli At Ituano
- A native of Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Martinelli joined Corinthians’ futsal team in 2010.
- His breakthrough in football led to a move to Ituano in 2015, followed by trials at Manchester United and Barcelona.
- It was on 4 November 2017 that Martinelli signed his first professional contract until October 2022.
- A 2–1 Campeonato Paulista away win against Sao Bento marked his professional debut the following 17 March.
- He became the youngest player to play for the club in the century at 16 years and nine months old.
- A 4–1 Copa Paulista victory over Taboao da Serra marked Martinelli’s first senior goal.
- The club’s top goalscorer during the 2019 Campeonato Paulista, scored six goals as they reached the quarterfinals.
Gabriel Martinelli With Arsenal
- A number of clubs had expressed interest in Martinelli, but he eventually signed with Premier League club Arsenal on 2 July 2019 for a reported fee of £6 million (R$46.9 million).
- Since Martinelli holds an Italian passport, he is not subject to the scrutiny required for English clubs to sign South American players.
- He traveled to America with the Arsenal first team for their pre-season tour.
- During a 3–0 preseason win over Colorado Rapids, he scored a goal in his non-competitive debut.
- In Martinelli’s first season, he was supposed to play for the reserve squad & academy, then gradually integrate into the first-team setup from Hale End.
- Nevertheless, Martinelli’s impressive pre-season and quality in training led Arsenal to believe he might be ready for immediate first-team action.
2019–2020: Debut Season
- As a substitute for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Martinelli made his Premier League debut on 11 August 2019 in a 1–0 win against Newcastle United.
- Against Championship side Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup on 24 September, Martinelli scored a brace in his first competitive start for the club.
- He scored another brace in Arsenal’s 4–0 home win over Standard Liège in the UEFA Europa League on 4 October.
- Continuing his goal-scoring form, Martinelli scored the equalizer in a 3–2 victory over Vitória Guimaraes on 24 October.
- He also scored his penalty in the penalty shootout, which Arsenal ultimately lost, in the League Cup fourth round on 30 October.
- Thus, he became the first player since Ian Wright to score four goals in his first four starts.
- With his performance this month, Martinelli received 75% of the total votes cast, beating Mattéo Guendouzi and Nicolas Pepe to receive Arsenal’s Player of the Month award for October.
- Martinelli started his first Premier League game following the appointment of interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg on 9 December, scoring Arsenal’s equalizer in a 1–3 win over West Ham United.
- Martinelli scored in Arsenal’s 2–2 away draw at Chelsea on 21 January 2020, becoming the first teenager since Nicolas Anelka to reach double figures in a season.
- After the season ended, Arsenal’s fans voted the goal their Goal of the Season.
- A new four-year contract with a team option for an additional year was signed by Martinelli on 3 July.
- After being injured in training on 21 June, Martinelli was ruled out until the end of 2020 after undergoing surgery to repair a lesion in his knee cartilage.
- On 19 December, he came off the bench to play 19 minutes in Everton’s 2–1 away defeat.
- Reiss Nelson replaced him in the lineup after he sustained a minor ankle injury during the warmup against Newcastle United in the FA Cup on 9 January 2021.
- A 13-minute cameo appearance off the bench in a 1–1 draw against Benfica marked Martinelli’s return to European competition.
- On 11 April, he scored his first goal of the season in a 3–0 win against Sheffield United.
- On 27 November, Martinelli scored his first goal of the 2021–22 season (a volley with his second touch).
- After the season ended, the club’s official poll for Goal of the Season ranked this goal third.
- Three days later, he scored two goals against Leeds United, marking his first Premier League brace, and Arsenal’s 7,000th top-flight goal.
Gabriel Martinelli In 2022 And Getting First Red Card
- Martinelli was sent off for two yellow cards in four seconds against Wolves on 10 February 2022.
- In his career, it was his first red card. He was given two yellow cards in one passage of play, leading to some controversy over the red card.
- Martinelli scored Arsenal’s season-opening goal against Crystal Palace on 5 August 2022, becoming the first Brazilian to do so in a Premier League season.
- Born in Brazil, Martinelli is of Italian descent through his father; he holds dual Brazilian and Italian citizenship.
- During the 2019 Copa América, Martinelli was called up to complete preparations by Brazil national team manager Tite.
- Martinelli played for Brazil’s under-23 team at the United International Football Festival in Spain in November 2019.
- As of 2 July 2021, Martinelli has been named to the Brazilian Olympic team for the 2020 Summer Games.
- Martinelli scored Brazil’s second penalty to defeat Mexico in the Olympic semi-final on 3 August, and four days later won the gold medal after Brazil defeated Spain in the final.
- On 11 March 2022, he was named to the 25-man senior Brazil squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Bolivia.
- As a replacement for Vinicius Junior, Martinelli played the last 14 minutes of Brazil’s 4-1 win over Chile at the Maracana Stadium.
Facts About Gabriel Martinelli
The final section of his Biography reveals some truths about him that you might not have known. Here we go.
Gabriel Martinelli LifeStyle
In addition to understanding Gabriel Martinelli’s personal life, knowing what he does off the field will provide you with more insight into him. As a result of his upbringing, Gabriel Martinelli knows how to manage his finances effectively.
Currently, Martinelli doesn’t appear to live a glamorous lifestyle that is easily visible by a few expensive cars and mansions. In the same way, Martinelli commits himself to the pitch, he provides financial assistance to his family members.
Gabriel Martinelli Religion
His childhood was spent in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Guarulhos, where Gabriel Martinelli was raised in a Christian religious home.
When he celebrates his goals, he does not hide his gratitude to God.
He Was Born The Year Of The 9/11 Attacks
The web was only used by 3% of Internet users to find out about the 9/11 attacks. On September 11, 2001, two hijacked American airliners crashed into the World Trade Center towers. New York is the location of this place.
Upon impact, the towers collapsed successively.
In The Year He Was Born, An Earthquake Caused A Disaster
There were also 20,000 deaths and 167,000 injuries in Gujarat, India, caused by a wild earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale on January 26.
The Year He Was Born Saw The Release Of Important Technologies
Wikipedia.org was launched on January 13, 2001.
Over 250 million images were made available through the popular “Image Search” launched by Google in July 2001. On November 15, Microsoft released the Xbox video game console.
Who is Martinelli’s father?
His father’s name is Joao Martinelli.
Where did Martinelli grow up?
A native of Guarulhos, Martinelli began his senior club career with Ituano before signing for Arsenal in July 2019, when he was 18.
How old is Martinelli?
Currently, he is 22 years old.
How much does Gabriel Martinelli weigh?
According to our database, his weight is 165 lbs or approx 75 kg.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Gabriel Martinelli worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Gabriel Martinelli has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Brazilian footballer. Hopefully, Gabriel Martinelli’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Gabriel Martinelli.