The Uruguayan goalkeeper Nestor Fernando Muslera Micol (born 16 June 1986) plays for the Turkish club Galatasaray, whom he captains, and the Uruguay national team. In 2011, the International Federation of Football History & Statistics ranked him sixth in the world as one of the finest goalkeepers of his generation. After playing for Montevideo Wanderers and Nacional, Muslera moved to Lazio in 2007 where he won the 2009 Coppa Italia.
Awarded five Super Lig titles, four Turkish Cups, and four Turkish Super Cups since joining Galatasaray in 2011, he has won around €12 million in honors. Muslera has earned more than 130 caps for Uruguay as a full international since 2009. Playing in five Copa América tournaments, he won the title in 2011. He also played every minute in goal for Uruguay during 2010, 2014, and 2018 FIFA World Cups, helping his nation to fourth place.
Fernando Muslera Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Fernando Muslera. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.
Fernando Muslera Net Worth
In 2022, what will Fernando Muslera’s salary be?
In Aug 2011 Fernando Muslera signed a contract with Galatasaray A.S. that extended in Mar 2021 and ends in 2024 that netted him a whopping salary of 2.59 million euros (£2,239,641) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,153 per day and £256 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||2.59 Million Euro (£2,239,641)|
|Per Month Salary||£186,636|
|Per Week Salary||£43,070|
|Per Day Salary||£6,153|
|Per Hour Salary||£256|
|Per Minute Salary||£4.27|
|Current Contract||With Galatasaray A.S.|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 11, 2011 (extended on Mar 17, 2021)|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$7.43 Million|
|Market Value||$1.98 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$19.80 Million (Aug 11, 2014)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Fernando Muslera has an estimated net worth of around $12 Million, and his market value is about $1.98 million.
Fernando Muslera FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Muslera is currently 36 years old and plays goalkeeper for Galatasaray in Turkey. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 80 and a potential rating of 80. There is a 1-star rating for Muslera’s skill moves.
Fernando Muslera FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|12||Heading Accuracy||10||FK Accuracy|
|44||Short Passing||47||Long Passing|
|12||Defensive Awareness||16||Sliding Tackle|
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. His work rate is Medium/Medium. Our database estimates Muslera’s height at 190 cm and his weight at 84 kg. At the moment, Fernando Muslera is playing with number 1.
Agustin Canobbio Biography, Age, Father, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Montevideo Wanderers And Uruguay Nacional
- Muslera was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and moved to Montevideo with his family to start his professional career with Montevideo Wanderers.
- In 2007, he was taken on loan by Uruguayan giants Nacional after impressive performances for Wanderers.
- His performance attracted the attention of Europe until he was signed by Lazio in 2007.
Fernando Muslera At Lazio
- Approximately €3 million was paid by Lazio for Muslera in August 2007.
- In September 2007, he scored 3-1 against Cagliari at home for Lazio and made four more starts before losing 5–1 to Milan on 7 October. In that match, he was at fault for four of the five goals Lazio conceded, including a disastrous performance.
- He got benched in favor of 44-year-old Marco Ballotta after that.
- For the rest of the season, he only played four more Serie A games and none in the Champions League.
- However, he played all of Lazio’s remaining Coppa Italia matches.
- Muslera started the 2008–09 season as the team’s second-choice goalkeeper behind new signing Juan Pablo Carrizo but was promoted in January 2009 after Carrizo started struggling and clashed with the team’s management.
- He saved an Antonio Cassano penalty in his first Serie A start, a 3–1 loss to Sampdoria.
- Muslera regained confidence after an impressive away win over Napoli and Genoa as well as in his first-ever Derby della Capitale against Roma.
- Known to Lazio fans as “Castorino”, Muslera made crucial saves against Milan and Juventus in Lazio’s first Coppa Italia final appearance in five years.
- Muslera saved two penalties as Lazio won 6–5 in a shootout after the match ended 1–1 after extra time on 13 May 2009.
- Despite the arrival of Argentine goalkeeper Albano Bizzarri on a free transfer in 2009-10, the Uruguayan’s impressive season cemented his position as Roma’s first choice.
- At the 2009 Supercoppa Italiana, held in Beijing, Muslera played in goal as Lazio defeated Internazionale 2–1.
- The International Federation of Football History & Statistics voted Muslera the seventh-best goalkeeper in the world after Uruguay’s successful performance at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Biography, Age, Wife, Brother, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Fernando Muslera With Galatasaray
- The Turkish Super Lig club Galatasaray announced on 19 July 2011 that they had signed Muslera from Lazio on a five-year contract while he was playing for Uruguay in the 2011 Copa América.
- The transfer involved Lorik Cana moving to Lazio, as well as Galatasaray paying €6.75 million to Muslera’s former club, Montevideo Wanderers, which controlled 50% of his rights.
- As a special accounting arrangement, Lazio valued Muslera’s free sale (as termination of contract) and signed Cana for a peppercorn of €1 as a special accounting arrangement; Muslera earned €2 million per year under his contract.
- Galatasaray’s Muslera saved his first penalty against Mersin Idmanyurdu, a 0–0 draw, on 5 November 2011.
- Muslera scored his first professional goal against Manisaspor on 8 April 2012, the last day of the 2011–12 Super Lig season.
- Additionally, he set a new club record for foreign players scoring for Galatasaray in a single season.
- Muslera also recorded his 19th clean sheet of the season in the same match.
- In 2012–13, Muslera continued to be Galatasaray’s first-choice goalkeeper, playing in a 2–1 league win over Kasampaşa in the first game of the season.
- Against Manchester United at Old Trafford, he made his UEFA Champions League debut on 19 September 2012.
- The goalkeeper saved a penalty from Nani even though Galatasaray lost 1–0.
- In a 1–0 victory over Manchester United at the Turk Telekom Arena, he kept his first clean sheet in the competition.
- Galatasaray won the league title after he played 33 league matches out of 34.
- After suffering a fractured toe on 3 November 2013, Muslera missed three Super Lig matches and two Champions League matches. In spite of this, he played 29 league matches out of 34.
- Muslera’s contract was extended until 2018, and he will earn €2.75 million per season.
- Due to his Copa América commitments, Muslera missed Galatasaray’s cup final victory over Bursaspor as well as 31 league matches.
- As a result of colliding with a Rizespor player in his box during a league match against Caykur Rizespor on 14 June 2020, Muslera suffered a double leg fracture.
- Muslera was in pain after colliding with Christian Luyindama in his box on 13 December 2021.
- The collision tore Muslera’s left medial collateral ligament and anterior cruciate ligament, Galatasaray said.
Diego Rossi Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer Fee, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
In Uruguay’s 2–1 away victory over Ecuador on 10 October 2009, Muslera earned his first cap after being called up numerous times. Uruguay played its penultimate qualifying match for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Fernando Muslera In 2010 FIFA World Cup
- In Uruguay’s first World Cup match against France on 11 June 2010, Muslera made his debut.
- In Uruguay’s three group matches (0–0 against France, 3–0 against South Africa, and 1–0 against Mexico), he kept a clean sheet.
- Before Uruguay conceded its goal, Muslera had set a World Cup record for the longest unbeaten goalkeeper.
- In the penalty shootout against Ghana in the quarter-finals, he saved two penalties.
- As a member of the Uruguay team, he reached the semi-finals of the World Cup and finished fourth.
Fernando Muslera In 2011 Copa America
- During the 2011 Copa America, held in Argentina, Muslera was again selected as Uruguay’s first-choice goalkeeper by coach Oscar Tabarez.
- Against Argentina in the quarter-finals, Muslera saved a penalty from Carlos Tevez to win the match on penalties.
- In the final, Uruguay defeated Paraguay 3–0 to win the Copa América.
- During Uruguay’s successful cup campaign, Muslera started every game and played every minute.
Joaquin Correa Biography, Age, Parents, Siblings, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- The Uruguayan goalkeeper played every minute as the team reached the last 16 of the 2014 World Cup and the quarterfinals of the 2015 Copa America.
- It was Uruguay’s first-round exit from the Copa América Centenario the following year.
- His name was on Uruguay’s provisional 26-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- The Uruguayan player, who made the final 23-man squad, made his 13th appearance at the World Cup on 20 June, against Saudi Arabia, to equal the record of Ladislao Mazurkiewicz.
- On 25 June, when Uruguay won its final group match 3–0 against Russia, he broke Mazurkiewicz’s record by making his 14th World Cup appearance. He also made his 100th appearance for Uruguay in the same match, marking the occasion with his third clean sheet of the tournament as well.
- Uruguay lost 2–0 to France in the quarterfinal match on 6 July; Antoine Griezmann’s strike from outside the area was mishandled by Muslera.
- A 2–1 friendly away win against Costa Rica marked Muslera’s first appearance as Uruguay’s captain.
Where was Muslera Born?
He was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
What happened to Fernando Muslera?
In a league match against Caykur Rizespor on 14 June 2020, Muslera suffered a double leg fracture as he collided with a Rizespor player in his box.
How old is Muslera?
Currently, He is 36 years old.
Who is Uruguay’s goalkeeper?
- Fernando Muslera
- Sergio Rochet
- Sebastián Sosa
- Kevin Dawson
- Guillermo de Amores
- Martín Silva
Who does Muslera play for?
Néstor Fernando Muslera Micol plays as a goalkeeper for the Turkish club Galatasaray, whom he captains, and the Uruguay national team.
Fernando Torres Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Fernando Muslera worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Fernando Muslera has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Fernando Muslera’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Fernando Muslera.