The Uruguayan professional footballer Diego Martin Rossi Marachlian (born 5 March 1998) plays as a forward for Turkish club Fenerbahce in the Super Lig and for Uruguay’s national team. On his paternal side, Rossi is of Italian descent, and on his maternal side, he is of Armenian descent. His desire to represent Uruguay led him to decline invitations to play for Armenia’s national team in 2018. Nicolas, his younger brother, is also a professional footballer who plays for the Armenia national team. According to our research, Diego Rossi is a married man. He is married to his longtime girlfriend Vivi Reymunde. The couple shows their love on various social media platforms.
In 2018, Los Angeles FC, an expansion franchise of Major League Soccer, signed Rossi as a young designated player. Rossi made his MLS debut against Seattle Sounders FC on March 4, 2018. His goal in the 11th minute was Los Angeles FC’s first goal. It was also the fastest goal scored by an expansion team in MLS history. Rossi scored his first hat-trick in MLS on August 8, 2018, during a U.S. Open Cup semifinal game against the Houston Dynamo, in which LAFC lost on penalties. Rossi became the 13th MLS player and first LAFC player to score four goals in a single game on July 18, 2020, defeating LA Galaxy 6–2 in an MLS is Back Tournament group stage match.
Diego Rossi Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Diego Rossi. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.[table id=4476 /]
Diego Rossi Net Worth
In 2023, what will Diego Rossi’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Diego Rossi signed a contract with Fenerbahce SK that ends in 2025 and netted him a whopping salary of £1,752,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,813 per day and £200 per hour![table id=4477 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Diego Rossi has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million, and his market value is about $15.95 million.
Diego Rossi FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Diego Rossi is a 25-year-old wide man for Fenerbahce SK. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 75 and a potential rating of 81. The skillmoves rating for Rossi is 4-stars.[table id=4478 /]
With his right foot, he prefers to shoot. His work rate is high/medium. According to our database, Rossi’s height is 170 cm and his weight is 65 kg. Diego Rossi plays with the number 9 at the moment.
- As a child, Rossi played football at the El Queso school in Solymar.
- In the Interbalnearian League of Youth Football, Rossi competed with the Solymar Uruguay Sports Center at the age of six.
- When he was 12 years old, he caught the attention of Penarol, where he joined their academy.
- During a friendly tournament in Alegrete, Nestor Goncalves discovered him and offered him a contract.
- In 2012, Rossi scored 42 goals in 27 games for the team’s under-14 team in the Uruguayan seventh tier as a 14-year-old.
- Rossi scored 25 times in 17 appearances for Penarol’s youth team in the Uruguayan sixth division the following year.
- Rossi helped Penarol’s U-15 team win the Apertura Tournament, the Uruguayan U-15 Championship, and the Fabian Lomineto Cup.
- In 2014, Penarol came out on top of the Uruguayan Premier Division Under-16 Tournament after he scored 17 goals in the first half of the season.
- He trained with Penarol’s first-team squad for the first time on 7 April 2015, along with Santiago Bueno and Federico Valverde from the under-17 team.
- In August, Pablo Bengoechea promoted him to the first team for the 2015–16 season.
- Although Diego alternated practices with Penarol’s U-18 and senior teams, he played all season for Penarol’s U-17 club and played in the Third or Fourth Division.
- In 2015, he scored a goal to help Penarol’s U-17 team win the Apertura U-17 Tournament.
- Despite playing ten games in the Fourth and Third divisions, he was the top scorer for the fourth consecutive year, with 22 goals plus one in the final.
Diego Rossi At Penarol
- Rossi began preseason training with Penarol on 5 January 2016.
- As a substitute for Gabriel Leyes in the 7th minute of a 1–0 victory against Cerro Porteno, he made his debut with the club on 16 January 2016.
- At the age of 17 years and 317 days, Rossi made his club debut.
- Rossi was demoted to the second team following the sacking of Bengoechea and the appointment of Jorge Orosmán da Silva in 2015–16.
- Da Silva called Rossi into the first team after a series of poor results, and he made his full debut on 20 April 2016 against Sporting Cristal in the 2016 Copa Libertadores group stage.
- Five days later, he scored his first professional goal in a 3–1 win over Rentistas.
- Rossi was signed by Los Angeles FC of Major League Soccer on 14 December 2017, an expansion franchise that began play in 2018.
- Los Angeles FC’s first goal in MLS history was scored by Rossi in the 11th minute against Seattle Sounders FC on 4 March 2018.
- A goal by an expansion team was also the fastest in MLS history.
- In August 2018, Rossi scored his first hat-trick in MLS during a U.S. Open Cup semifinal against the Houston Dynamo, a game that LAFC ultimately lost on penalties.
- As part of the MLS is Back Tournament, Rossi became the first LAFC player and 13th MLS player to score four goals in a single match, scoring four goals in a 6–2 victory over LA Galaxy.
Fenerbahce On Loan
Rossi joined Fenerbahçe on loan with an option to purchase from the remainder of the 2021 season, making him the second Armenian-heritage player to play in the Turkish league after Aras Ozbiliz.
Diego Rossi Transfer To Fenerbahce
Fenerbahce announced on 15 April 2022 that they had acquired Rossi permanently.
From the 2022–23 season onwards, he signed a three-year contract.
- He received caps for Uruguay’s different age-level national teams after beginning his international career with the under-15 team.
- Uruguay’s U-15 and U-17 championships, 2017 South American U-20 championships, and the 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament were all won by him.
- From 82 matches for Uruguay’s youth national teams, he has scored 28 goals.
- The 26-man preliminary squad for Uruguay’s World Cup qualifying matches against Chile and Ecuador was announced on 18 September 2020.
- As a replacement for Cristhian Stuani, Rossi was included in the final squad on 5 October 2020.
Rossi is of Italian descent on his paternal side and of Armenian descent on his maternal side.
Currently, he is 25 years old.
He stands at a height of 5′ 7″ or 170 cm.
Diego Rossi plays as a forward for Turkish Super Lig club Fenerbahce and the Uruguay national team.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Diego Rossi worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his siblings’ and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Diego Rossi has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Diego Rossi’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Diego Rossi.