In Brazilian football, Roberto Carlos is often regarded as one of the best left-backs of all time. He has clearly demonstrated that he is among the greats of the game during the course of an illustrious career, which has seen him play for the Brazilian national team and a number of clubs. Carlo grew up in a poor family and worked in a factory as a child, but his talent as a footballer propelled him to Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro and later to Europe to play for top clubs.
In spite of being a defender, Carlos was known for his marauding runs down the left-wing and his spectacular free-kicks. As a result of the vicious swing on the ball, a free-kick he took in a friendly against France in 1997 is known as one of the best free-kicks in history. Throughout his career, he scored quite a few such goals. His 11-year career with Real Madrid saw him win numerous major trophies and become the world’s best left-back. After playing in Turkey and Russia at the end of his career, Roberto Carlos turned to coach.
- Andriy Shevchenko Biography, Age, Wife, Teams, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Cesc Fàbregas Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Roberto Carlos Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Roberto Carlos da Silva Rocha|
|Nick Name||El Hombre Bala (The Bullet Man)|
|Age||49 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Garca, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||10 April 1973|
|Residence||Garca, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Home Town||Garca, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother's Name||Vera Lucia da Silva|
|Father's Name||Oscar da Silva|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Alexandra Pinheiro|
• Mariano Luccon (married 2009)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||13 June 2009|
|Children||Daughters- • Rebeca da Silva Rocha|
• Giovanna da Silva Rocha
• Manuela da Silva Rocha
• Roberta da Silva Rocha
Sons- • Christopher da Silva Rocha
• Carlos Eduardo da Silva Rocha
• Luca da Silva Rocha
• Roberto Carlos Junior da Silva Rocha
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||Brand Ambassador of BetWinner|
|Career Manager||He is currently brazilian national team manager.|
|Debut Club||In 1992, when Roberto Carlos was 19 years old he moved on loan from Uniao Sao Joao to the Belo Horizonte based Atletico Mineiro.|
|Debut International||He was selected to play for the national team when he was on loan to Atletico Mineiro in February 1992.|
|Club(s)||• Uniao Sao Joao|
• Inter Milan
• Real Madrid
• Delhi Dynamos
|Jersey Number||3 (at Real Madrid)|
|Achievements (main ones)||• Roberto Carlos figured in the FIFA World Cup Dream Team and was also named in the FIFA World Cup All-Star Team in 1998 and 2002.|
• In 2004, he was named in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’6”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 69 kg|
in pounds- 161 lbs
|Chest Size||37 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Latino|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Bugatti Veyron|
|Favorite Drink||Not Available|
|Favorite Coach||Pep Guardiola|
Roberto Carlos da Silva Rocha was born in Brazil on 10 April 1973 to Oscar da Silva and Vera Lucia da Silva. He lives in an area called Garca in Sao Paolo. His parents were coffee plantation workers and he grew up in a poor family.
At the age of 12, Roberto Carlos was already working to support his family. Like many Brazilian children, he liked to play football whenever he had the time. Carlos worked at the Torsao Cardeiro textile factory.
The football career of Roberto Carlos began in Brazil with the club Uniao Sao Joao, which was located in the area of Araras in Sao Paolo. At the club, he played for the youth ranks before moving on to bigger clubs in Brazil and beyond.
Mariana Luccon and Roberto Carlos got married in 2009. The couple has eight children; four sons and four daughters. However, it should be noted that little information is available about his personal life and that all the children might not share the same mother.
- Sergio Ramos Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Education, Net Worth & Wiki
- Dani Alves Biography, Age, Wife, Family, Career, Salary, Net Worth & Wiki
Roberto Carlos Net Worth
Roberto Carlos’ net worth is approximately $160 million as of 2022.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$160 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$148 Million|
|Annual Salary||$10 Million|
|Income Source||Retired Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Bugatti Veyron|
Throughout his life, he has worked hard to become one of the best players in the world. Several brands endorsed him during his career. These were the main factors contributing to his success. In addition, his performances under several clubs gave him enough recognition and income.
In the years following his retirement from football, Carlos remained linked to the sport in an entirely different manner. Most players chose to become coaches or managers of their teams. Carlos, however, went a different route. Currently, he works as an ambassador for the game.
He is also the Global Ambassador for the Gazprom International Children’s Social Programme Football for Friendship. Carlos’ turnover was largely attributed to these opportunities. His reputation among fans is also on the rise.
Carlos’s career reached its zenith when he joined Real Madrid. This happened in the year 1996. Viewers admired him immensely when he played for the club. Roberto’s career also changed dramatically when he joined the national team.
- In 1992, Roberto Carlos was 19 years old when he moved on loan from Uniao Sao Joao to Atletico Mineiro. He played for the club in a few games before moving on to Palmeiras the following year. During the same year, he was also selected for the Brazil national team.
- During his two seasons with Palmeiras in 1993 and 1994, he helped the Sao Paulo-based club win two Brazilian league titles. After his stint at Palmeiras, Carlos’ skills as an attacking left-back were noticed by other clubs, and he was subsequently scouted by top European clubs.
- Roberto Carlos joined the Italian club Inter Milan and moved to Europe in 1995. It wasn’t a successful season as the team finished at 7th place, but Carlos made an impact by scoring a thunderous free-kick in his very first match, which became a trademark of his career. The team finished 7th. Inter Milan released him after his first season.
- Robert Carlos moved to Real Madrid as their left-back in 1996 and during a successful period for the club, he became one of the team’s mainstays. After playing for Real Madrid for 11 years, many considered him to be the best-left full-back in the world. During his career, he scored 71 goals and helped the club win plenty of trophies, including 4 league titles and 3 UEFA Champions League trophies.
- Roberto Carlos played for Brazil at the 1998 World Cup in France; the team finished the tournament as runners-up. The 2002 World Cup-winning national team included him, and he scored one goal in the tournament held in Japan and South Korea.
- In 2006, Carlos announced his retirement from the national team after Brazil was knocked out of the World Cup by France in the quarterfinals. He played 125 times for the national team and scored 11 goals. After leaving Real Madrid the following year, he joined the Turkish club Fenerbahce, where he won one trophy before leaving two years later.
- Roberto Carlos returned to Brazil in 2010 and joined Corinthians where he scored a few important goals, however, he decided to leave the club after threats of violence were made against him. In the following year, he joined Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala and retired from professional football after a season.
- In 2013, Roberto Carlos became the manager of Turkish club Sivasspor following his stint as the temporary manager at Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala. The following year he managed Turkish club Akhishar Belediyespor before managing Indian Super League team Delhi Dynamos.
Facts About Roberto Carlos
- Born into an impoverished family, he had to work at a textile factory as a 12-year-old to support his family.
- Initially, he played professional football for the local club Uniao Sao Joao.
- In February 1992, he was selected to play for the national team while on loan at Atletico Mineiro.
- Despite this, he did not make his debut until 3 years later, on 11th June 1995, against England in a friendly match.
- As Brazil won 3-1, he played the entire 90 minutes. On his debut, Carlos assisted Edmundo for the third goal.
- After moving to European giants Real Madrid in 1996, Roberto Carlos rose to fame. It wasn’t long before he became their first-choice left-back, a position he held for more than a decade. His big break came in 1997 playing for Brazil in the Tournoi de France 1997 when he scored an outrageous free-kick with an impossible curve.
- A career spanning nearly 20 years has seen Roberto Career play for a wide variety of clubs including Uniao Sao Joao, Atletico Mineiro, Palmeiras, Inter Milan, Fenerbahce, Corinthians, and Anzhi alongside Real Madrid.
- During his time with Real Madrid, he won four La Liga titles and three UEFA Champions League titles. In addition to Copa America, he has also won the Confederations Cup, the UEFA Super Cup, and many more awards.
- Anzhi, Sivasspor, Akhisar Belediyespor, and Delhi Dynamos have all offered him managerial opportunities.
What is the net worth of Roberto Carlos?
His net worth is estimated at US$160 million.
How fast did Roberto Carlos kick the ball?
The reason was Roberto Carlos’s free-kick, which defied the laws of physics. Carlos, famously known as “The banana kick,” put the dead ball 35 meters from the goal and then ran 10 meters further and hit the ball at 137 kph.
How old is Roberto Carlos?
When did Roberto retire?
In 2012, Roberto Carlos announced his retirement from playing. However, in July 2015, he was named player/manager of Indian Super League club Delhi Dynamos, with whom he made three appearances.
Where is Roberto Carlos?
Roberto Carlos currently holds ambassadorial roles with a number of companies, including Malaysian airline AirAsia. Additionally, the Brazilian was an assistant coach at Castilla – Real Madrid’s B team – when Santiago Solari became manager.