Brazilian professional footballer Gabriel Fernando de Jesus (born 3 April 1997) plays for Premier League club Arsenal and the Brazil national team. Jesus began his senior club career at Palmeiras, where he won the Copa do Brasil and was named Best Newcomer in 2015. His Bola de Ouro helped Palmeiras win their first national league title in 22 years in 2016. A transfer worth £27 million brought Jesus to Manchester City in January 2017 and he won four Premier League titles, three EFL Cups, and the FA Cup during his time there.
He joined Arsenal in July 2022 for £45 million. The young Brazilian scored seven goals and won 21 caps at the youth level, including reaching the final of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2015 and winning an Olympic gold medal in 2016. In September 2016, Jesus made his senior debut for Brazil and was a member of the squad that qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He also competed at the Copa America in 2019 and 2021, winning the latter.
Gabriel Jesus Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Gabriel Jesus. It gives you the ability to read through the Brazilian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Gabriel Fernando de Jesus|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||• Gabriel Jesus|
• Little Neymar
|Age||26 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Born Place||São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||3 April 1997|
|Residence||São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Home Town||São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Vera Lúcia Diniz de Jesus|
|Father’s Name||Diniz de Jesus|
|Brother(s)||• Caique de Jesus|
• Felipe de Jesus
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Raiane Lima (to be)|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Energy Sports|
|Debut Club (Recently)||• 2022: Arsenal FC|
|Debut International||• 2016: Brazilian national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 9 (Arsenal FC)|
• 18 (Brazilian national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Arsenal FC|
• Brazilian national football team
|Coach/Mentor/Manager||Mikel Arteta Amatriain|
|Position||Attack – Centre-Forward|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’9″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 73 kg|
in pounds- 161 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Brazilian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Here is the story of Little Neymar, a football genius who is best known by his nickname.
Gabriel Jesus’ Childhood Story, including his Untold Biography, gives you a full overview of what happened from his boyhood days all the way to when he became famous. Among the little-known facts about the Brazilian Striker is his life story before fame, his family life, and his childhood.
Gabriel Jesus may be known for his goal-scoring abilities, but few fans are aware of his biography, which includes his parents, siblings, lifestyle, etc. It is quite interesting to learn about his life outside of the pitch.
Let’s get started without further ado.
Robert De Niro Bio, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Childhood And Family Background Of Gabriel Jesus
In his Biography, Gabriel Fernando de Jesus was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil on the third day of April 1997 to Vera Lúcia Jesus (Mother) and Diniz de Jesus (Father). He was the last child in a family of four (3 boys and a girl).
Indeed, being the last kid and baby in the house has its perks. For Gabriel, it was something else. Even though his mom instilled discipline in him, he hustled on the streets.
He’s from Jardim Peri, a neighborhood in the north of Sao Paulo. Gabriel Jesus was raised by the streets like a lot of footballers (like Marcus Rashford).
It’s his calling to play street football. When Gabriel was 5, he used to play Brazilian Samba across the streets instead of attacking. He was a speed demon in his childhood, just like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. After the 2002 World Cup, he switched to full-fledged attacking.
He turned a corner after discovering and adapting to Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima, his World Cup idol. His turning point also came when he got more serious about football. As shown below, it’s joining a football academy.
The Rise Of Gabriel Jesus
A number of youth teams (including one called Little Kids of the Environment) have been a part of his career.
His 29 goals for amateur club Anhanguera Associacao Paulista in a local under-15 tournament caught the attention of some of the region’s bigger sides. Here is his club ID card. As his progress increased, he was offered the opportunity to play for the youth team of Palmeiras football club.
Even at the age of 15, Gabriel had an agent who arranged a trial with Palmeiras, one of Brazil’s oldest teams. A year later, the fans were already clamoring for him to step up to the senior squad. At such a young age, he was so good.
As of that time, Palmeiras was on the verge of being relegated from Brazil’s top flight. As a result of Jesus’ leadership, the club won the league title on its own. Gabriel shined like never before on the emotional final day of the season. Despite being only 18 years old, he was watched by scouts around the globe due to his performance. It didn’t matter what was going on around him, Gabriel never lost focus.
Despite this, he kept scoring goals and never looked back. The next Brazilian to get a big-money move to Europe, he quickly established himself as one of Palmeiras’ most important players. Thanks to Manchester City, this finally happened. As they say, the rest is history.
Gabriel Barbosa Biography, Age, Wife, Current Teams, Career & Net Worth
Family Life Of Gabriel Jesus
The following section of the Biography of Jesus tells you about the members of Jesus’ household. Let’s get started without further ado.
Getting To Know Gabriel Jesus’ Father
Gabriel Jesus’ father, Diniz, abandoned him when he was very young. According to reports, he fled with his lover, abandoning little Gabriel, his brothers, sisters, and mother. Alexis Sanchez was also in the same condition during his childhood.
The Mother Of Gabriel Jesus
Just like Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Jesus’ mother, Vera Lucia, plays an important role in his life. Every time she plays, she calls him.
The first time Gabriel Jesus arrived in England, he was accompanied by his mother and older brother, along with two friends, but he said he would have brought his entire neighborhood if only his mother had allowed it. There is a great deal of respect between them, and they are very close.
She is also a disciplinarian who often pulls Gabriel Jesus’ ears when he misses important opportunities. Jesus doesn’t have a problem with respect or discipline. The reason for this is that he has been properly trained. As a domestic maid in Sao Paulo’s impoverished Jardim Peri district, Vera Lucia raised her four siblings on her own.
Gabriel Jesus Girlfriend Or Wife (to be)
Gabriel Jesus and his girlfriend or future wife Raiane Lima welcomed their first child a daughter named Helena in May 2022.
In the early stages of his Manchester City career, Jesus is famous for his goal celebration. It was rumored that the celebration mocked his ex-girlfriend, who was said not to have called prior to his signing with Manchester City.
Jesus, according to sources, says that when he scores a goal for Manchester City, his mother calls him right away.
Every time she calls, I run to the corner flag and touch my ear, saying, ‘Alo Mae!’, no matter where she is in Brazil or what I am doing in the stadium.”
Prior to the 2016 Rio Olympics, Neymar and Jesus had matching tattoos that went viral.
Éder Militão Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Gabriel Jesus Net Worth
In 2023, what will Gabriel Jesus’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Gabriel Jesus signed a contract with Arsenal FC that ends in 2027 and netting him a whopping salary of £13,780,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £37,857 per day and £1,577 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$35 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$27 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$22 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£13,780,000|
|Per Month Salary||£1,148,334|
|Per Week Salary||£265,000|
|Per Day Salary||£37,857|
|Per Hour Salary||£1,577|
|Per Minute Salary||£26.3|
|Current Contract||With Arsenal FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 4, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2027|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$57.42 Million|
|Market Value||$55.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$88.00 Million (May 28, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Gabriel Jesus has an estimated net worth of around $35 Million, and his market value is about $55.00 million.
Gabriel Jesus FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Gabriel Jesus is 25 years old and plays for Arsenal FC as a forward. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 83, with a potential rating of 86. The skillmoves rating for Gabriel Jesus is 4-stars.
Gabriel Jesus FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|78||Heading Accuracy||54||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||66||Long Passing|
|45||Defensive Awareness||28||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is High / High. According to our database, Gabriel Jesus is 175 cm tall and weighs 73 kg. Gabriel Jesus plays the numbers 9 and 18 at the moment.
Rodrigo De Paul Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Palmeiras signed Jesus as a youth player on 1 July 2013. As the club’s top goalscorer, he scored 54 goals in 48 matches during the year.
- Upon signing the contract with Palmeiras, Jesus’ salary increased from R$15,000 to four times as much after the fifth year, with a tenfold increase in the buyout fee to R$30 million after lengthy negotiations.
- Palmeiras’ economic rights changed from 75 to 25% to 70–30% in favor of his agents as a result of the deal.
- During the 2014 edition of the state under-17 championship, Jesus scored 37 goals in 22 games, resulting in offers from clubs nationwide and abroad.
- First included in Palmeiras’ squad on 27 August 2014, he played as an unused substitute against Clube Atletico Mineiro in their Copa do Brasil last 16 first leg loss 0–1.
- As his team faced serious relegation during the campaign, he did not make any senior appearances; this decision, taken by managers Ricardo Gareca and Dorival Junior, was widely criticized by the supporters, who urged them to change the youngster.
Nicolas De La Cruz Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- A 1–0 win over CA Bragantino at Allianz Parque marked Jesus’ debut in the season’s Campeonato Paulista, replacing Leandro Pereira in the 73rd minute.
- In the second leg of the second round of the year’s cup, Jesus made his first career start on 29 April, drawing 1–1 at Sampaio Corrêa Futebol Clube (6–2).
- In the first game of the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A, he started a 2–2 draw against Atletico Mineiro on 9 May.
- On 15 July, Jesus scored his first professional goal away to Agremiaçao Sportiva Arapiraquense in the next round of the cup.
- Against Cruzeiro Esporte Clube (5–3 aggregate), Palmeiras won 3–2 thanks to his two first-half strikes at the Estádio Governador Magalhaes Pinto.
- After 52 seconds, he scored his first league goal, starting and finishing a 3–2 win over Joinville Esporte Clube.
- In 20 games, Jesus scored four goals, and his team defeated Santos to win the cup.
- Due to a shoulder injury, he was also substituted before half-time in both legs of the finals. In the league, he was named Best Newcomer.
- During the second game of the season, Jesus scored his first Paulista goal, resulting in a 2–2 draw with Esporte Clube Sao Bento.
- Jesus scored twice in the second half of a 4–0 victory over Clube Atletico Paranaense on 14 May.
- During the season, he scored 12 goals and was named Bola de Ouro for player of the year after scoring 12 goals for the team.
Craig Goodwin Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Gabriel Jesus At Manchester City
- Jesus signed a contract with Premier League club Manchester City until the summer of 2021 on 3 August 2016.
- An estimated £27 million/€33 million fee was paid by the city, plus add-ons. On 19 January 2017, the transfer was fully completed.
- In a 2–2 draw with Tottenham Hotspur at the City of Manchester Stadium on 21 January, Jesus came on as a substitute for Raheem Sterling in the 82nd minute.
- The following week, Jesus made his first appearance in Manchester City’s starting XI, assisting Sterling’s goal in a 3–0 FA Cup victory over Crystal Palace.
- Assisting Kevin De Bruyne in the 17th minute, he scored his first Premier League goal in the 39th minute in place of Sergio Aguero on 1 February.
- Having scored and assisted in his first Premier League start, he became only the third City player to have contributed two or more goals in their debut.
- As a result of a metatarsal injury in his right foot, Jesus missed the remainder of the 2016–17 Premier League season.
- In April, he returned as a substitute in a goalless draw against Manchester Derby. In 11 games, Jesus scored seven goals and contributed four assists.
- Against Bournemouth on 26 August, he scored the equalizer, and on 9 September, he scored two more goals in a 5–0 win against Liverpool.
- While he was on the sidelines for fear of getting injured during a 14-game goal drought between 18 November 2017 and 7 March 2018, he broke his duck against FC Basel.
- As a result of Jesus’ 94th-minute goal, City finished the season with 100 points.
- Jesus signed a contract extension with Manchester City on 3 August 2018.
Awer Mabil Biography, Age, Sister, Girlfriend, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Gabriel Jesus scored four goals in a 9–0 victory over Burton Albion on 9 January 2019.
- In the 7–0 (10–2 aggregate) Champions League Round of 16 wins over Schalke 04 on 13 March 2019, Jesus scored once after replacing Sergio Aguero, helping the club equal the record for the largest winning margin in the knockout stage.
- Jesus’ jersey number was changed from number ’33’ to number ‘9’ on 22 June.
- Jesus assisted and scored both goals in Manchester City’s 2–1 victory over Real Madrid in the Champions League round of the 16-second leg, held behind closed doors following the Coronavirus outbreak on 7 August 2020.
- Manchester City qualified for the quarterfinals thanks to two errors by Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane due to Jesus’ pressing.
- In the 2019–2020 football season, only he scored in two games against Real Madrid, having also scored in the first leg.
- Only three non-European players have scored more goals in fewer Champions League games than him.
- Jesus scored four goals in a 5–1 win over Watford on 23 April 2022, his first Premier League hat-trick.
Gabriel Jesus Joined Arsenal
- Jesus signed a long-term contract with Arsenal on 4 July 2022. The number 9 shirt was assigned to him.
- Neither the fee nor the duration of the contract was disclosed, but it was reported the Brazilian signed a five-year deal worth £45 million.
- In the Premier League, he made his debut against Crystal Palace on 5 August.
- He scored his first and second competitive goals and provided two assists in a 4–2 win over Leicester City on 13 August, his second match at the Emirates.
Hans Vanaken Biography, Age, Wife, Family, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- During the 2015 U-20 World Cup in New Zealand, Jesus was a member of the Brazil under-20 team that finished as runners-up.
- As they advanced past Uruguay and Portugal on penalties, he scored their first goal of the tournament in a 4–2 win over Nigeria in New Plymouth.
- Despite being picked to Dunga’s provisional 40-man squad for the Copa America Centenario in the U.S., he didn’t make the final cut because of a visa issue.
- He was one of five forwards named to the team’s Olympic squad later that year.
- A 4–0 win over Denmark in their final group game saw him score once, and he added two more in a 6–0 victory over Honduras in the semi-final.
- He scored one of the penalties in a penalty shoot-out against Germany to win the Olympics.
- In a FIFA World Cup qualification game against Ecuador in Quito, Jesus made his senior team debut on 1 September 2016.
- Brazil won 3–0 thanks to his two goals in the first half. In the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers, Jesus scored seven goals in ten games.
- During the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, he was on Tite’s final 23-man squad.
- During the 2019 Copa America on home soil, Jesus was part of Brazil’s 23-man squad.
- He assisted Everton Soares to score the opening goal in the final against Peru on 7 July, then scored the match-winning goal at the Maracana Stadium; however, he got sent off after a collision with Carlos Zambrano.
- Brazilians won 3–1 in the match. Jesus was given a 2-month international ban by CONMEBOL in August 2019 after he was red-carded in the Copa America Final.
- In June 2021, he was chosen for Brazil’s Copa America team.
Facts About Gabriel Jesus
Here we are presenting some untold facts about the player.
The Love Of Gabriel Jesus For Jesus Christ
Danny Drinkwater, his name is quite well known in this field. According to reports, Gabriel Jesus has worn the number 33 shirt for Man City in tribute to the age at which Jesus was believed to have been crucified.
He has pledged to wear the Number 33 shirt and views it as better than any other shirt number. In the cutest and most passionate way, Gabriel and Neymar JR have demonstrated their love for Jesus Christ. As members of the Brazilian Team in Rio de Janeiro in 2016, they were both Olympic champions. As well as making them best friends, their faith has brought them closer together.
Karol Swiderski Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
The Journey To The City Of Gabriel Jesus
The 19-year-old Gabriel Jesus received a phone call from one of the game’s greatest coaches, which isn’t something that happens every day. An unknown number flashed up on the Brazilian starlet’s screen as he was minding his own business during a transfer scramble between Manchester City and Barcelona.
Pep Guardiola was on the other end of the line, telling the teenager his career would be best served at Etihad. City shot to the top of the former Palmeiras striker’s wish list after being swayed by starstruck.
Despite Neymar’s charm offensive for Barcelona, Gabriel joined City for £28 million. Several months later, he is playing for Brazil’s senior team. It’s all history from there, they say.
The Style Of Play And Strength Of Gabriel Jesus
As a versatile forward, Gabriel Jesus can play anywhere on the frontline. His movement and footwork have helped him create space for teammates and bring others into play more often through the middle.
Besides being a superb athlete, Gabriel is also growing stronger all the time, outpacing most defenders as he goes. When he stretches his legs, he glides into space effortlessly because he is explosive without being sticky.
His positional awareness and ability to drift into space make him difficult for defenders to track. Like Sergio Aguero, he is ruthless when it comes to finishing.
Weakness Of Gabriel Jesus
In the eyes of many coaches, especially Pep, Gabriel’s maturity is the main concern. There are times when he can seem overly invested in matters on the field, sometimes close to tears when things don’t go his way (which doesn’t happen very often). The act was performed at the club where he used to play.
Gabriel has yet to develop the thick skin necessary to play in an unfamiliar league in a foreign country.
Despite his rawness, he is maturing at an incredible rate, taking on more responsibility every week. There’s no reason to worry about him because Guardiola and other Brazilian friends at the League will help him settle in.
The Idol Of Gabriel Jesus
Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima is his idol. In spite of the fact that he wasn’t born when the Legend witnessed his prime. As a kid, Gabriel enjoyed watching and celebrating the 2002 FIFA World Cup with Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima.
Following in his footsteps was never far from his mind from that day forward. In light of the Brazilian Legend, he changed his wing from central midfield to an attacking position.
When Brazil’s Ronaldo said he saw many similarities between Jesus and the then Palmeiras striker, Jesus became the next big thing. During a TV interview, Ronaldo said:
In the opinion of Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima,
Gabriel reminds me of myself in the past when I look at him. There is a lot of similarity between him and me, he is so young but has already achieved so much and has so much responsibility. There’s no doubt that he has a bright future ahead of him, and he’s already enchanting us with what he’s doing.
Kamil Jozwiak Biography, Age, Girlfriend, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Gabriel Jesus – The Pig Masks
More than 40,000 Pig mask fans once flocked to the Allianz Parque during the football star’s time in Sao Paulo. In the same way as Aubameyang, Gabriel had developed a mask-wearing culture. In his last match for his old club, Palmeiras, he stopped wearing it.
Palmeiras adopted the pig as its official mascot in the 1990s in response to rivals’ taunts.
Gabriel Jesus – A Basketball Fan
Along with supporting the Golden State Warriors, he is also a huge fan of American professional basketball. During gym workouts, he wears the team’s jersey. He supports them because of Stephen Curry.
The Rage Of Gabriel Jesus
Gabriel Jesus received the first red card of his career.
After hitting a steward during a match against Rosario Central, he was sent off. It took Stadium security to get him off the pitch. This is the first time the striker has been let loose.
Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus has become a father after announcing the birth of his daughter with girlfriend Raiane Lima. The Brazil international and his girlfriend welcomed their first child together, naming her Helena.
One of football’s great underdogs, Gabriel Jesus’ incredible career has seen his footballing talents go from the streets of Brazil to the Champions League and World Cup. Gabriel Jesus is a professional football player who plays as a striker for Arsenal and the Brazil national team.
His mother never gave up on him, which is why he thanks her with every chance he gets. “When we were kids, my mom would be calling me all the time to find out where I was, and if I didn’t pick up, she’d start calling all my friends,” Jesus added. “When I pick up the phone, it is in honor of my mother and our struggle.
Gabriel Jesus came to England with his mother and older brother, along with two friends. He comes from a religious family and reportedly chose to wear the number 33 in tribute to the age at which Jesus Christ is believed to have been crucified.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Gabriel Jesus worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Gabriel Jesus has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Brazilian footballer. Hopefully, Gabriel Jesus’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Gabriel Jesus.