Lucas Sebastián Torreira Di Pascua (born 11 February 1996) is a Uruguayan professional footballer who plays for Galatasaray in the Super Lig and for the Uruguay national team. The Uruguayan soccer player Lucas Torreira was born Lucas Sebastian Torreira Di Pascua in Fray Bentos. His parents were Ricardo and Viviana Di Pascua, and he grew up with his two siblings Ana Torreira and Pitu Torreira.
After joining Montevideo Wanderers’ youth team at 16, he moved to Italy where he joined Pescara’s youth team in January 2015. Lucas Torreira attended the 18 de Julio youth academy, Montevideo Wanderers, and Pescara during his youth career. Torreira joined the Pescara senior squad in 2014 and made his senior Serie B debut against Varese on 16th May 2015. He played five games with the team before he ended his career.
Lucas Torreira Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Lucas Torreira. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Lucas Sebastián Torreira Di Pascua
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name
|• Lucas Torreira
• Little Leader
|27 (as in 2023) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Fray Bentos, Uruguay
|Date of Birth
|11 February 1996
|Fray Bentos, Uruguay
|Fray Bentos, Uruguay
|Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming
|Viviana Di Pascua
|• Bebo Torreira
• Brahian torreira
|• Ana Torreira
• Pitu Torreira
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Vittoria Repetto (to be)
|Career Manager/ Player Agent
|• 2022: Galatasaray
|• 2018: Uruguay national football team
|• 5 (Galatasaray)
• 14 (Uruguay national football team)
• Uruguay national football team
|Midfielder – Defensive Midfield
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 166 cm
in meters- 1.66 m
in feet inches- 5’5″
|in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Torreira was born in Uruguay, and is of Spanish descent through his paternal grandfather from Galicia.
|Favorite Playing Position
|Fruits and Veg
|Favorite Pet Animal
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand
Known as “Little Leader,” Woodgram tells the full story of a football genius.
Here you will find a complete account of Lucas Torreira’s childhood along with his untold biography facts.
He is analyzed in terms of his family history, his life before fame, his rise to fame story, his relationship, and details about his personal life.
There is no doubt that everyone knows about his smallish appearance and powerful zeal. Only a few people consider Lucas Torreira’s biography, which is quite interesting. Let’s begin now without further ado.
Family Background And Early Life
As a start to his biography, he goes by Lucas Sebastián Torreira Di Pascua. In Fray Bentos, Uruguay, Lucas Torreira was born on the 11th of February 1996 to Viviana Di Pascua and Ricardo Torreira.
In Lucas’s middle-class family, happiness and contentment were not held hostage by their middle-class background. Lucas grew up with his parents, sisters Ana and Pitu Torreira, and two brothers named Brahian and Bebo Torreira, as well as his grandparents.
During a summer evening in Fray Bentos, you can cycle along tranquil beaches, especially at sunset. He has always enjoyed watching the yellow fading sunset alone with his mum, who is a housekeeper since he was a child.
Lucas has a good relationship with his dad as well. He enjoys spending time with his dad in the sleepy, charming riverside area of Fray Bentos, where his dad is a rich butcher. A recent example of this is the Torreira family’s production and export of corn beef in 2017, which has made them well known in the Fray Bentos meat business.
Lucas bought one of the largest butcher shops for his family. As a tribute to his Italian club, Sampdoria, he called it ‘La 34.’
Corned beef is supplied by Fray Bentos throughout the world. In addition, both British and American troops were fed Fray Bentos meat during World War I and II.
Starting Out On A Rocky Path
Lucas was the most eccentric and energetic brother among his brothers and excelled in sports primarily. It was early on that he became attached to playing football, which he believed would uplift him and his family.
To begin his professional journey, Lucas enrolled in his local team, on July 18, which gave him an opportunity to show off his skills. Lucas had the desire to play for a bigger club in Montevideo, Uruguay’s capital, just like many young footballers in Fray Bentos.
To demonstrate his obsession, he applied for several trials and was invited to Montevideo, Uruguay’s capital.
The Rocky Journey
Lucas’ first visit to Uruguay’s capital city didn’t go exactly as he had hoped. When Lucas was back in Fray Bentos, frightening words came through that he was in trouble.
Despite still being a nine-year-old, a brave nine-year-old traveled to Montevideo for trials with Penarol’s youth team in search of a professional contract. For Lucas;
The club, the city, and the opportunity were all big.
It was a long way from Little Lucas’ home to Montevideo and a long way from help when he reached Montevideo. Before and after his trials, he was supposed to stay in the capital.
It was unfortunate for Lucas to hear that he would no longer be able to live in his accommodation. His miserable 200-mile journey home was cut short by his lack of money at that point.
An Inspiring Rise To Fame
Lucas was still considered second fiddle to other Uruguayan senior players before Uruguay’s second World Cup match. In Uruguay’s matches against Egypt and Saudi Arabia, he did not even start.
Against Russia, Portugal, and France, Lucas, however, was in the starting eleven. After Lucas started proving himself at the tournament, all Uruguayan fans at home and abroad began to support him for every hustle and tussle he made especially against much bigger and stronger opponents.
The world cup tournament provided Lucas with the much-needed fame he deserved. During the tournament, he floored Cristiano Ronaldo in his match against Portugal. Despite reaching the quarterfinals, his Uruguayan team was unable to advance.
Life Outside Of Soccer
Lucas Torreira is regarded as someone who values his humble beginnings more than anything else in life. Baller Torreira remembers the days when the Torreira family owned only a Vespa motorcycle. Lucas is regarded today as a progressive, original, and independent individual.
It is important for him to keep in touch with family and close friends, including teammates Hector Bellerin and Nacho Monreal. Lucas dislikes situations that are lonely, dull, or boring. Taking boat rides with Repetto or friends/family is something Lucas never hesitates to do.
Lucas Torreira Net Worth
In 2023, what will Lucas Torreira’s salary be?
In Aug 2022 Lucas Torreira signed a contract with Galatasaray that ends in 2026 and netting him a whopping salary of £1,500,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,120 per day and £171 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)
|5 Million Euro (4.4 Million Pound)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|3.5 Million Euro (3.1 Million Pound)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|2.5 Million Euro
|Annual or Per Year Salary
|Per Month Salary
|Per Week Salary
|Per Day Salary
|Per Hour Salary
|Per Minute Salary
|Aug 8, 2022
|Jun 30, 2026
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee
|Highest Market Value
|$60.50 Million (Jun 7, 2022)
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Lucas Torreira has an estimated net worth of around 5 million euros (4.4 million pounds), and his market value is about $22.00 million.
Lucas Torreira FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Lucas Torreira is currently 27 years old and plays for Galatasaray as a defensive midfielder. He has an overall rating of 79 in FIFA 22 with a potential of 81. A 3-star rating was given to Torreira for his skillmoves.
Lucas Torreira FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. His work rate is medium to high. According to our database, Torreira stands 166 cm tall and weighs 60 kg. Lucas Torreira currently wears the number 18 on his jersey.
Lucas Torreira Wife – Vittoria Repetto
There is a great woman behind every great man, or so the saying goes. Like Vittoria Repetto, behind almost every successful Uruguayan footballer is a glamorous wag. Torreira met Repetto shortly after returning from Uruguay to Italy when he enjoyed spells at Pescara and Sampdoria.
It is common for Beautiful Repetto to decide at some point not to wear makeup in order to maintain her natural beauty. Currently, Repetto is studying psychology. Her boyfriend and university demands require her to fly back and forth between England and Italy.
As she settles into life in North London with her boyfriend, beautiful, she reviews modeling contracts. The model has a curvy body and is certainly not shy in front of the camera.
In addition to taking selfies in beautiful places, the couple enjoys nothing more than taking selfies together. During a summer break, they were once seen enjoying corn on the cob together on the beach.
Torreira was called up to Pescara’s first team before the 2014–15 season, and he sat on the bench for the first time on 25 October 2014.
The 16 May 2015 match against Varese marked his senior debut in Serie B. In the 58th minute, he was replaced by Matteo Politano.
- For the 2015–16 season, Torreira stayed with Pescara on loan to gain first-team experience before moving to Sampdoria for €1.5 million on 1 July 2015.
- He signed an official loan agreement with Pescara on 2 July. Torreira scored his first professional goal on August 9, 2015, against Sudtirol in the 2015-2016 Coppa Italia.
- On 1 July 2016, Torreira returned to Sampdoria after his loan with Pescara ended.
- Torreira made his Serie A debut at the Stadio Carlo Castellani on 21 August 2016.
- Throughout the game, he played the entire game.
- During the 2016–17 season, he became a regular for Sampdoria, and in the 2017–18 season, he scored crucial goals, including the second goal in Sampdoria’s 3–2 win over Juventus.
Lucas Torreira With Arsenal
It is believed that Torreira signed for English club Arsenal for around £26 million on 10 July 2018.
Following the departure of Jack Wilshere, Torreira was given the number 11 shirt, previously worn by Mesut Ozil.
An impressive debut season and a runner-up finish in Europe
- He made his Premier League debut against Manchester City on 12 August, coming on as a substitute in the 70th minute.
- A 3–2 win over Cardiff City marked Torreira’s first assist of the season, setting up Alexandre Lacazette’s winning goal.
- In Arsenal’s 4–2 win over FC Vorskla Poltava on 2 September, Torreira made his full debut and made his Europa League debut before being replaced by Matteo Guendouzi in the 57th minute.
- Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool drew praise from fans and pundits alike, with Torreira receiving the man-of-the-match award.
- Against Tottenham Hotspur on 2 December, Torreira scored his first Arsenal goal and won the man-of-the-match award when he tapped in a pass from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to score the fourth goal in a 4-2 victory in the North London derby.
- In the 83rd minute, Torreira scored his second goal at the Emirates Stadium in as many games with a bicycle kick against Huddersfield Town a week later.
- Furthermore, Torreira was named Arsenal’s Man of the Match for the fifth consecutive time.
- In the club’s reverse fixture against Tottenham at Wembley, Torreira was dismissed in stoppage time for a late challenge on Danny Rose.
- It was Torreira’s first red card for Arsenal; although Arsenal appealed the ban, the FA rejected their appeal, so the ban would still result in a three-match suspension for Torreira.
- Because of this, Torreira will be absent from Arsenal’s games against Manchester United, Newcastle United, and Everton.
2019–20: FA Cup win
- In Arsenal’s 2–1 win over Burnley on 17 August, Torreira made his first appearance of the season.
- As a substitute for Dani Ceballos in the 61st minute, Torreira scored Arsenal’s first goal of the season.
- Early in the season, he struggled for playing time but returned to the starting lineup under new Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta.
- In an FA Cup win over Portsmouth on 2 March, Torreira suffered a presumably season-ending ankle injury.
- When the Premier League resumed in June, Torreira had enough time to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and return to fitness.
- For the remainder of the season, he played sparingly.
Atlético Madrid loan for 2020-21
Torreira joined Atlético Madrid on a season-long loan on 5 October 2020. A 2–0 La Liga win against Celta Vigo marked Torreira’s debut on 17 October.
In a 3–1 league win over Osasuna, he scored his first goal for the club off the bench.
Lucas Torreira 2021–22 Season- Loan to Fiorentina
Fiorentina announced on 25 August 2021 that Torreira would join them on loan from Arsenal until 30 June 2022. They would have the option of buying him next summer for around £13 million.
After being named in Italiano’s starting eleven, Torreira made his debut in Fiorentina’s 2–1 win over Atalanta on 12 September.
Lucas Torreira joins Galatasaray in 2022
In August 2022, Torriera signed a four-year contract with Super Lig club Galatasaray for €6 million.
- A paternal grandfather from Galicia brought Torreira to Uruguay and gave him Spanish ancestry through his paternal grandmother.
- Prior to being capped by Uruguay, he was scouted by the senior Italy national football team.
- Torreira was called up to the Uruguayan senior squad for the 2018 China Cup.
- The 23 March China Cup semi-final saw him make his debut against the Czech Republic, winning 2–0.
- He was named to Uruguay’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June 2018.
- Torreira played in all five Uruguay games during the tournament, which served as a breakthrough for him.
Lucas Torreira Style Of Play
The Independent’s Jack Austin stated when Torreira signed for Arsenal in 2018 “Torreira is precisely the kind of no-nonsense midfielder the club has been searching for”, adding that during the 2018 World Cup, “he did his job as a deep-lying pivot in the middle of the park with no fuss or lack of discipline of a player who has established himself in Serie A,” despite his shortcomings, including his lack of height in aerial duels and inability to score goals.
Torreira often gets fouled and likes to shoot from a distance, according to sources. They also note that he makes tackles and plays short passes. The manager of Atlético Madrid, Diego Simeone, applauded Torreira’s work rate and speed on the pitch.
Lucas Torreira is 27 years old.
Lucas Torreira is from Uruguay.
Lucas Torreira is 166 cm tall. Or 5 ft 5 in.
Lucas Torreira’s preferred foot is right.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Lucas Torreira worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Lucas Torreira has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Lucas Torreira’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Lucas Torreira.