Rakhi Sawant (born Neeru Bheda; 25 November 1978) is an Indian dancer, model, actress, and television talk show host. A former contestant on season one of the Indian reality television series Bigg Boss 1 (2006) and as a challenger and finalist on season fourteen of Bigg Boss 14 (2020), she has appeared in many Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada films. It is no secret that Sawant has established herself as an s*x symbol in the Hindi film industry. In 2014, Sawant established her own political party, the Rashtriya Aam Party, which is headed by Jai Shah. Following the election, she joined the Republican Party of India (A).
Sawant married an NRI man named Ritesh in 2019, and the couple separated in early 2022. She is currently in a relationship with Adil Durrani as of May 2022. During the Great Khali’s Continental Wrestling Entertainment promotion in November 2018, American female wrestler Rebel engaged Sawant in a dance battle, during which Rebel grabbed her in an inverse position, circulated her, and threw her to the ground. She fell unconscious and was later carried to a nearby hospital after her back was injured. Her remarks regarding Rishi Valmiki led to her arrest by Punjab police on 4 April 2017.
Rakhi Sawant Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Rakhi Sawant. It allows you to read through the famous Indian dancer, model, actress, and television talk show host’s profile as quickly as possible.
[table id=5569 /]
Rakhi Sawant Family- Parents, Siblings, And Education
In addition to being born into a Maharashtrian family, Rakhi Sawant is the daughter of Anand Sawant, a senior Mumbai police officer, and Jaya Bheda. Rakhi’s mother was married twice and she was born out of the first marriage. Although she was born into a Hindu family, she later converted to Christianity.
In addition to being the sister of film director Rakesh Sawant and actress Usha Sawant, she is also an actress. Her schooling was at Goklibai High School, Vile Parle, Mumbai, and her college studies were at Mithibai College. Her family was conservative Hindu.
Despite her fascination with the glamour world, Rakhi was discouraged by her parents from working in the film industry. She worked as a caterer at Tina Ambani’s wedding when she was ten years old. Sawant attended a Dandiya event at the age of 11 when she was 11 years old.
As soon as her mother learned that Rakhi had danced at a Dandiya event, she not only beat her up but also chopped off her hair. After her parents disapproved of her career choice, Rakhi Sawant became rebellious.
Soon after, she approached producers and demonstrated her dancing talent to them, but was rejected. Rakhi decided to undergo cosmetic surgery in order to enhance her looks and appearance following a series of rejections.
Rakhi Sawant Net Worth
Rakhi Sawant has an estimated net worth is around INR 50 Crores.
[table id=5570 /]
Many times on the reality show, Rakhi Sawant spoke about how many flats she owns in the city and how much she earns. In addition to her acting and dancing activities, she has also invested in a number of businesses that have provided her with profitable returns. Additionally, she has assets worth INR 37 crores. Rakhi Sawant owns two flats in the vicinity of Andheri and Juhu. Rakhi Sawan recently appeared on a reality television show, but left the show after reaching the finals and walked away with INR 14 lakhs in prize money.
In addition, she owns a bungalow in Mumbai valued at INR 11 crores. In addition to investing in real estate, Rakhi Sawant owns a Ford Endeavor automobile worth INR 21.6 lakhs. Her primary source of income is from stage performances and item numbers. In addition to investing in real estate, she has also invested in a few businesses. She has participated in a number of reality television shows.
Rakhi Sawant Relationships/ Husband And Children
Rakhi Sawant, who gained fame after being a contestant on Bigg Boss, has always been open about her personal life. The actress announced last month that she had found love with Mysore-based Adil Khan Durrani.
While she is enjoying the new phase of her life, following her breakup with Ritesh, here is a look at all the men she claimed to love.
An Overview Of Abhishek Avasthi’s Relationship With Rakhi
Rakhi Sawant was involved with choreographer Abhishek Avasthi for three years before they ended their relationship. In addition, she participated in the reality show Nach Baliye with him. As Abhishek said in 2013, “I was with her for only three years and it has been five years since we parted ways.”.
Since then, I have dated four women, but no one has mentioned them to me. Currently, I am engaged to be married to a girl outside of the entertainment industry. Rakhi treated me in an unprofessional manner during those three years.
She represents my shameful past and the biggest mistake of my life. Please refrain from referring to me as “Rakhi’s ex-boyfriend.” In Bigg Boss, Rakhi claimed that Abhishek had cheated on her, but Abhishek denied it.
Engagement With Elesh Parujanwala
Rakhi became engaged to NRI Elesh Parujanwala in 2009 through her TV show Rakhi ka Swayamvar. Elesh was chosen over several other candidates.
Additionally, they participated in a reality show together. However, several months later, the two separated due to irreconcilable differences. Rakhi stated that she got engaged to Elesh in order to receive money.
The Plans Of Rakhi Sawant To Get Married To Deepak Kalal
Rakhi announced in 2018 that she was planning to marry internet sensation, Deepak Kalal. Her wedding date was set for December 31, 2018, and she announced that she would go live during her honeymoon.
As it turned out, it was a sham. Following Rakhi’s secret marriage to Ritesh, Deepak posted a video on his Instagram account where he revealed that he gave her Rs 4 crore for their marriage and asked her to return it. If she did not comply, he threatened her with consequences.
Rakhi Sawant Says She’s Married To Ritesh
Rakhi claimed in 2019 she was married to an NRI businessman. She posted photos from their wedding on social media, but he wasn’t there. Her husband doesn’t like being in the spotlight. On Bigg Boss 14, where she was a wildcard contestant, she was taunted for it.
She got him on Bigg Boss 15, where the cracks in her marriage became evident to the contestants and viewers. Rakhi and Ritesh broke up right after the show. Because of him, she said she went into depression.
Rakhi Reveals Adil Khan Durrani Is Her Boyfriend
Rakhi announced in May that she was in love with Mysore-based businessman Adil Khan Durrani. It was barely two months after she broke up with Ritesh. Adil got a video call from her and she introduced the paparazzi to him. They’re always spotted together in the city and recently went to Dubai.
Adil has already been given a car and a home to Rakhi. During an interview with the media, she informed the media that Adil is now living with her in Mumbai.
The couple has an age difference of six years, but Rakhi stated, “Frankly, I was not ready, but he explained to me with examples of Malaika Arora-Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas. He says he loves me very much, and I have fallen in love with him.”
Rakhi Sawant Career – Movies And TV Shows
- Her film debut was in 1997 with Agnichakra under the name Ruhi Sawant. She later appeared in Bollywood films Joru Ka Ghulam, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hain, and Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke in small roles and dance numbers.
- She auditioned for an item number in the Bollywood film Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne in 2003. It took her about four auditions before she was selected for her breakthrough item number, “Mohabbat Hai Mirchi”, composed by Himesh Reshammiya. In films such as Masti and Main Hoon Na, Sawant played small roles.
- She appeared in the 2005 music video “Pardesiya”, which was part of the album D.J. Hot Remix – Volume 3.
Television Debut And Success (2006–2010)
- It was reported in June 2006 that Mika Singh attempted to kiss her at his birthday party, causing controversy in the media. Several months later, she appeared on the first season of the reality show Bigg Boss.
- After being evicted in week 4, she later reentered the house. A few days before the grand finale (24 January 2007, Day 84), she was evicted from the competition.
- Rakhi made her musical debut in 2007 with the album Super Girl released by Venus Records & Tapes Pvt Ltd.
- Afterward, she participated in the dance reality show Nach Baliye with Abhishek Avasthi and placed first runner-up. For the item song ‘Dekhta Hai Tu Kya’ in the film Krazzy 4, Sawant appeared in 2008.
- A reality show featuring Sawant, Rakhi Ka Swayamwar, in which she planned to select her future husband through the ancient ritual of Swayamvar, was launched in 2009.
- In 2010, Rakhi hosted the talk show Rakhi Ka Insaaf on Imagine TV, which was controversial after Rakhi had called one of the participants impotent. Together with her mother, Jaya Sawant, she participated in Sony TV’s Maa Exchange in 2011.
2010 – Present
- In addition to appearing in reality shows as a host, judge, or participant, Sawant is a frequent performer on stage.
- She performed at the 57th Filmfare Awards in 2012 with Shahrukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor, and in Malaysia in 2015 with Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor.
- Along with Anchal Sabharwal, Sangram Singh, Chetan Hansraj, and Madhura Naik, she participated in Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki in 2013. In addition to appearing on Life OK, she was also a contestant in the Box Cricket League.
- In addition to playing the lead role in the thriller film Ek Kahani Julie Ki, Sawant appeared in a cameo appearance in the comedy fiction television series Bhaag Bakool Bhaag.
- During the period 2020 to 2021, Sawant competed on Bigg Boss 14. As a finalist, she chose to walk out, opting instead for the cash prize of 14 lakhs.
[table id=5571 /]
- She announced her intention to run as an independent candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai North-West on 26 March 2014.
- She founded the Rashtriya Aam Party (RAP) on 28 March. The election commission has not assigned a symbol to the party.
- Sawant, however, stated that she is expecting when? She believes it to be a “green chilli”, which is a symbol of her personality. Local businessmen from Oshiwara serve as the party’s office bearers and fundraisers.
- As a result, she lost her deposit due to receiving only 15 votes from the Mumbai North-West Constituency.
- After resigning from the Rashtriya Aam Party in June 2014, Sawant joined RPI (Athavale) and expressed her desire to work for Dalits.
- In addition to serving as the party’s state vice president, Rakhi is also the president of the women’s wing.
Facts About Rakhi Sawant
- Is Rakhi Sawant a smoker? The answer is no
- Rakhi Sawant drinks alcohol? Yes, she does
- Rakhi comes from a conservative Marathi family. It is believed that his father is Marathi, and his mother is Gujarati.
- According to her, she was abused as a child and faced a variety of gender-based taboos, such as standing on balconies, going to beauty parlors, and dancing in public.
- She worked as a caterer at Tina Ambani’s wedding when she was ten years old.
- She was beaten by her mother at the age of 11 because she attended a Dandia event and danced there.
- Since her family did not permit her to enter the entertainment industry, she became rebellious and began approaching producers to showcase her dance and talent. Due to a series of rejections, she decided to undergo cosmetic surgery in order to enhance her appearance.
- The screen name “Ruhi Sawant” was used in her debut film, Agnichakra (1997).
- During the third season of the dance reality show Nach Baliye, Rakhi and her ex-boyfriend Abhishek Avasthi placed second.
- In 2007, she released her debut album “Super Girl,” which was her first attempt at singing.
- She was the winner of the dance reality show “Yeh Hai Jalwa” on the 9X channel in 2008.
- She got engaged to the winner of a reality show called Rakhi Ka Swayamvar (2009), but she broke up with him citing that she only got engaged to him for money and to buy a flat for her.
- She suffered a serious accident in December 2016 that caused her to go bald. An excess of artificial fog on the stage caused her to trip during a performance in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and she had to shave her hair in order to undergo surgery.
Rakhi began dating Adil Khan Durrani (a businessman) in 2022. Reportedly, Adil is six years younger than Rakhi. In May 2022, Rakhi flaunted her diamond ring and confirmed that she was soon going to get married to Adil.
As of 2023, she doesn’t have any children.
As of 2023, She is 45 years old.
Currently, she is dating Adil Khan Durrani, a businessman from Mysore. Rakhi and her boyfriend have been releasing adorable videos on social media every now and then.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Rakhi Sawant. Hopefully, Rakhi Sawant’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Rakhi Sawant.