Arunita Kanjilal (born 18 January 2003) is an amazing indian singer. She’s from Kolkata, West Bengal, and dreams of being a playback singer. In 2013, Arunita competed in Zee Bangla’s singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs and won. Arunita impressed all the judges and audiences on Indian Idol season 12 in 2020. In every episode, she gave a better performance than the last. She has also performed stage shows abroad with Bollywood singer Shaan Mukherjee and sang on the stage of many singing competitions.
She completed her primary education at Kumudini Girls’ High School in Bangaon, Kolkata. Arunita is a native of Bangaon, a city in West Bengal. She attended St. Xavier’s School in Kolkata, West Bengal, India for higher education. Arunita is now enrolled at the University of Kolkata to pursue a degree. When she was eight years old, she began learning music, having been inspired by her mother who also sang. In addition to her mother’s early musical education, Nandita Chaudhary taught her how to sing. Furthermore, she revealed that her mother was her first teacher and that she also learned music from her maternal uncle.
Arunita Kanjilal Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Arunita Kanjilal. It allows you to read through the famous Indian singer’s profile as quickly as possible.
[table id=5544 /]
Arunita Kanjilal Family- Parents And Siblings
As a member of a Brahmin family, Arunita Kanjilal is the daughter of a professor, Avni Bhushan Kanjilal. Her mother, Sharbani Kanjilal, is a housewife who once wished to pursue singing as a career. Our research indicates that the Kanjilal family consists of three members.
Kanjilal attended St. Xavier’s School in Kolkata, her hometown. As soon as Arunita completed her secondary school education, Ravindra Ganguly provided her with formal training.
Aru is currently completing her graduation from the University of Kolkata. Arunita is a Brahmin by caste. Her family Kanjilal is known for being Kabya Kupja Brahmins. This community hails from Kannauj, a city that is known for its artistic and cultural activities.
Arunita Kanjilal Boyfriends/Husband
Being an 18-year-old girl, Arunita has the perfect age and time to select a partner. There has been no official statement released by her regarding the status of her relationship, so based on official records, she is currently single.
It is rumored among Arunita’s fan base that she is dating fellow contestant Pawandeep Rajan. Pawandeep won the 12th season of Indian Idol, while Arunita finished in second place. In studios and on stage, the two are often spotted together, praise each other, and often perform together.
Indian Idol’s marketing team exploited the angle of their togetherness to gather some television ratings, leading to speculation that their relationship may be a publicity stunt.
Arunita Kanjilal Net Worth
Arunita Kanjilal has a net worth of approximately 1-1.5 crore INR as of 2023.
[table id=5545 /]
Arunita Kanjilal is estimated to have a weekly salary of 85,000 INR as a runner-up on Indian Idol.
Arunita Kanjilal Career
She began her musical journey at the age of four. She learned the basics of singing from her maternal uncle, who was her first master. After taking classes from Nandita Chaudhary and her mother, Aru joined Ravindra Ganguly’s team.
To everyone’s surprise, Arunita Kanjilal won the Zee Bangla version of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs in 2013. When she took home the prize, she was just nine years old.
During the original Zee TV version of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs in 2014, Arunita was mentored by Monali Thakur and finished in the top five. The title of “Manch Ka Guroor” was awarded to Aru.
Indian Idol Season 12
Her most recent and significant competition was the 12th season of Indian Idol. Having auditioned from Kolkata, she made it to the top 12 with ease. Among the 15 contestants, Arunita Kanjilal reached the finals in the top two with her talent and voice.
Over the course of her career, she has received praise from major artists such as Asha Bhosle, Udit Narayan, Bappi Lehri, and others. She has already been signed up for several Bollywood songs by artists such as Himesh Reshammiya and Sunidhi Chauhan due to her raw talent. Tere Bagairr and Terii Umeed have already established her reputation in the industry.
As a result of her sweet voice and hard work, Aru was selected as the first runner-up in the long grand finale of Indian Idol Season 12. Pawandeep Rajan, however, was crowned the show’s winner. In the second runner-up position, Sayli Kamble took the title. Dharma Production has also signed a music contract with Arunita, according to the sources.
Facts About Arunita Kanjilal
- Is Arunita Kanjilal a smoker? Not at all
- Is Arunita Kanjilal an alcoholic? Probably not
- Arunita was born in Kolkata, West Bengal, and comes from a Bengali family.
- When she was 8, she started learning music. In Pune, Arunita also studied music with Ravindra Ganguly.
- Also, she has a YouTube channel where she shares her music videos.
- She plays guitar, harmonium, and veena in addition to singing qawwali and ghazals.
- On social media, she’s also active. Her Instagram account has more than 1.7 million followers.
- Also, Arunita won her first TV show Zee Bangla singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs for her singing.
- In addition to Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Houston, she acts in many international locations.
- Arunita practices music for two and a half hours every day. In addition to singing, she also likes painting and traveling.
- In the future, she wants to be a playback singer. She likes Lata Mangeshkar, Shreya Ghoshal, and Sunidhi Chauhan among the female singers, and Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi, and Himesh Reshammiya among the male singers.
- Arunita considers Lata Mangeshkar her idol and a big fan.
- Her favorite food is Biryani, and for dessert, she likes to munch on pastries.
- Aru is managed by Talent Studio Next, which also handles artists like Sunny Hindustani and Adriz Ghosh from Indian Idol 11.
- Arunita Kanjilal usually wears traditional clothes, but she also likes to wear sweatshirts sometimes.
- Pawandeep and Arunita played together on several songs on Himesh Reshammiya’s recent albums.
- Arunita liked to have fun with Aditya Narayan on Indian Idol.
- Arunita was once styled by the famous designer Manish Malhotra for Indian Idol.
As far as Pawandeep and Arunita are concerned, they are only best friends.
When it comes to singing, they are very compatible. It is common for Pawandeep Rajan and Arunita Kanjilal to make headlines because of rumors regarding their alleged romance, but the couple has never openly acknowledged their relationship. As close friends and singing partners, they have always maintained that they are close.
Pawandeep Rajan and Arunita Kanjilal, the winners of Indian Idol 12, have found themselves in legal trouble for refusing to participate in the shooting and promotion of the album by M/s Octopus Entertainment Pvt Ltd. The Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association was approached by M/s Octopus Entertainment Pvt Ltd, according to the legal note.
Arunita and Pawandeep first met during Indian Idol 12.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Arunita Kanjilal. Hopefully, Arunita Kanjilal’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Arunita Kanjilal.