Angel Martin Correa Martinez, also known as Angel Correa, is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward and winger for the Spanish club Atlético Madrid and the Argentina national team. He made his professional debut at the age of 18 with the Argentine club San Lorenzo, rising among the ranks winning the Torneo Inicial in 2013 and the Copa Libertadores in 2014.
After signing with Atlético Madrid of La Liga in 2015, he became a professional player. The Uruguayan captained the Argentina under-20 team to victory at the 2015 South American Under-20 Championship, where he was voted the player of the tournament. He has been a regular selection for the Argentina senior squad since 2015, and he has represented the nation at the 2021 Copa América.
Angel Correa Bio/Wiki
Here you will find everything you need to know about Angel Correa in the following table. All the information in the table is precise and summarizes his background information in a comprehensible manner. Using this information, you will be able to better understand Angel Correa’s profile on Woodgram.
|Ángel Martín Correa Martínez
The Angel of Boedo
|28 (as in 2023) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
|9 March 1995
|Watching Movies, Horse Riding
|Ángel Correa (Passed away when he was just 12 years old)
|Luis Martínez (Passed away when he was just 12 years old)
|Sabrina Di Marzo
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Sabrina Di Marzo (to be)
• Name Not Available of his younger daughter
|Career Manager/ Player Agent
|• December 2014: Atletico de Madrid
• 2013: San Lorenzo de Almagro
|• 2015: Argentina national football team
|• 10 (Atlético de Madrid)
• 21 (Argentina national football team)
|• Atlético de Madrid
• Argentina national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Favorite Playing Position
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand
We have compiled a biography of Angel Correa in which we give you facts about his childhood and early years. We will tell you about Angel Correa’s parents, family, wife, children, lifestyle, net worth, and personal life.
In a nutshell, this is a story about the journey of an Argentine football player. It begins with the boyhood years of his childhood and ends when he became famous. The following gallery provides a glimpse of his childhood through adulthood to whet your appetite for his autobiography. Certainly, this provides us with a perfect introduction to Angel Correa’s life and career.
Yes, everyone knows about his attacking positional role- he has a good amount of skill, a good pace, and a low center of gravity, so to speak. However, only a few people have considered our version of Angel Correa’s biography, which is quite interesting. Consequently, I would like to present it now without further delay.
For starters, he bears the nickname “Angelito” in his biography.
Angel Martin Correa Martinez is an Argentine footballer who was born on the 9th day of March 1995 in the city of Rosario, where stars like Lionel Messi, Mauro Icardi, and Angel Di Maria were born. There are many children born to his little known mother and to his little known father, and Correa is just one of them. Below is a rare photo of one of Angel Correa’s parents- his mum.
In spite of this, it is evident that he is a citizen of Argentina, with mixed ethnicity and little information as to his family history.
Are you aware that Correa grew up along with siblings whom little is known about in the Las Flores area of Rosario where he lived with his parents and siblings?
In the Los Flores neighborhood of Los Angeles, Correa grew up in an impoverished family where he lived an early life bordering on abject poverty in a place where there was a high probability that he could either end up as a drug addict or a convict.
In spite of these harsh realities, Correa had the ability to escape the harsh reality surrounding him through playing street football for his then local boyhood clubs – Alianza sport and Tiro – and engaging in career-building engagements with these clubs.
By the time Correa was twelve years old, he was faced with an even harsher reality as his supportive father passed away along with his two brothers. The pain Correa had to bear when he was injured was too much for him to handle, but he did what he knew best; he found solace in the game of football.
“Whenever I step onto the field of play, all of the sad realities that have befallen me are completely forgotten and I just enjoy playing “, said Correa.
It was fortunate for Correa that he was not only quite competent at finding escape through football, but also had excellent skills on the ball, an aspect that contributed to his enrollment in the youth system of San Lorenzo in 2007, when he was discovered by one of the club’s scouts.
For four years, Correa spent his time with the Argentines honing his skillset and training in preparation for a future that would take him beyond the continent of South America. The rise of his career within the club’s ranks was meteoric, culminating in 2013 when he made his professional debut for the team, nicknamed the CicItin.
The following year, Correa agreed to a transfer deal with Atletico Madrid, the then holders of La Liga. Unfortunately, it was discovered that he had a heart tumor during the course of his medical check-up for his move to Spain.
Yes, the tumor has been successfully removed by surgery. The result was a loss for Correa, who had a chance to participate in the Copa Libertadores semi-final and final with San Lorenzo. Those were matches that he had always hoped to play because he helped his team a lot so that they were able to make it to the final stages.
He officially joined Atletico Madrid on 13th December 2014 after making a full recovery from his injury and has since worked his way up to become one of the club’s most reliable forwards within a few years.
He is not also found lacking in his international career with Argentine’s national team where he is often compared to his compatriot Sergio Aguero even when he’s playing style is more similar to Carlos Tevez. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Lastly, when it comes to Correa’s love life, there is not much information available about his past dating history since he hasn’t shared much about his relationships. It cannot be conclusively determined whether he had girlfriends in the past nor if he has a wife at the time of writing this article.
It has come to light, however, that there exists a mystery partner named Sabrina Di Marzo. Sabrina Di Marzo is rumored to be Angel Correa’s girlfriend and mother of his daughter.
Previously we mentioned that Angel is a father to a lovely daughter named Lolita, who was born to him either by his girlfriend or his wife. It is quite obvious from his Instagram account that his daughter Lolita is growing very fast and is very happy. Would you like to know more? Her dad enjoys spending time with her, and she loves spending time with him as well.
Some say that geniuses leave home to seek fortune and then return home to share their fortune with their loved ones. In the same way, Angel Correa, who is the family’s breadwinner, can be described in the same way. We are here to provide you with information about Correa’s family, starting with his parents.
He lost his little-known dad just a few short years ago to the cold hands of death when he was only 12. Even though he has not revealed what caused the death of his father, the forward credits the deceased for giving him his happiest childhood memory by accompanying him to training.
Are you aware that Correa’s little-known mother is just one of the many caring mothers who proved that parenthood is all about sacrifices? The forward and his siblings were raised by her after her husband passed away. In fact, Correa’s mother does not eat until she is sure that all of her children have had their fill.
It is of particular pride to her that Correa took on the responsibilities of a breadwinner at the age of 12 by giving his Per Diem as a contribution to the family. Correa has 10 siblings and he is one of the strongest players at the Blues. While he lost two sons along with his dad a very long time ago, not much is known about the rest, all believed to be boys.
This is due to the fact that during interviews Correa has always talked about providing for his mother and brothers without ever mentioning her sisters as well. The family unit below is the closest one we have been able to find to Angel Correa’s. Angel Correa has not revealed much about his ancestry and family roots, so far as his family life is concerned.
This is particularly the case in regard to his paternal and maternal grandparents, as well as his uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, and nephews, who are yet to be identified at the time of writing this bio. In the same way as all other human beings, Angel Correa has personality characteristics that define who he really is outside of the game pitch.
Among the traits which are shared by individuals born under the Pisces Zodiac sign are sensitive dispositions, a highly emotional nature, and a keen eye for detail matched with spot-on intuition. A man who rarely reveals details about his private and personal details engages in a few activities that may be thought of as interests and hobbies.
He enjoys playing video games, traveling, and spending time with his family and friends, among other things. Angel Correa’s money-making endeavors and his spending habits are quite impressive, he earns a lot of money in the form of salaries, wages, and winning bonuses for playing top-flight football while endorsements play a vital role in the steady rise of his wealth.
We are going to end our story about Angel Correa’s childhood and biography with a few little-known facts about him that we have never heard before. Angel Correa was raised by parents who adhered to the religious beliefs of Christianity throughout his life. As most people born in Rosario in Argentina are practicing catholic, the footballer is also a practicing Catholic.
As a matter of fact, he had a meeting with Jorge Mario Bergoglio in Argentina before he became Pope Francis. There is no denying that Correa is a fan of tattoos and boasts a number of them on his neck, chest, arms, and legs. Given that there is still room for more arts to be added, there is no end to the number of arts he can get.
To date, Angel Correa has an overall FIFA rating of over 82 at the time of writing this bio. In spite of improved ratings over previous years, fans can’t wait for him to achieve an overall rating of 87 with a view to securing his services for FIFA career gameplay within the coming year.
Angel Correa Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2023?
During the month of September 2018, the right-winger signed a contract with Atletico Madrid that will net him a salary of 3.5 million euros (3,1 million pounds) per year. We have crunched the numbers and we found that he earns €17,351 (£15,369) per day and €723 (£640) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)
|€30 million (£26.4 million)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|€27 million (£24 million)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|3.5 million euros (3,1 million pounds)
|Per Month Salary
|Per Week Salary
|Per Day Salary
|Per Hour Salary
|Per Minute Salary
|With Atlético de Madrid
|Jan 1, 2015
|Jun 30, 2026
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee
|Highest Market Value
|$49.50 Million (May 28, 2018)
In 2014, the diminutive Argentine made the move from his native club San Lorenzo to Spain’s Atlético Madrid; he signed a long-term contract with the Los Rojiblancos, which saw his net worth soar to €30 million (£26.4 million). Despite being only 24 years old and growing in reputation, the forward commands an estimated market value of around €35 million (£31 million).
Angel Correa In FIFA 2022
Angel Correa is currently 28 years old and plays as a striker for Atlético de Madrid in Spain. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 83 with a potential rating of 84. Correa has got a 4-star skillmoves rating. The player prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are High / Medium. According to our database, Correa’s height is 171 cm, and his weight is estimated to be 70 kg. For the moment, Alzugaray Correa is playing with the numbers 10 and 26.
The following are some of his best stats:
- Agility: 90
- Dribbling: 88
- Ball Control: 87
- Balance: 87
- Acceleration: 86
- Born in Rosario, Santa Fe Province, Correa joined the youth setup of San Lorenzo in 2007, aged 12 years old, after undergoing a trial period.
- During the summer of 2012, he was expected to join the Portuguese club Benfica on a free transfer, but the deal did not go through.
- At the end of September 2012, he signed a four-year contract with the Ciclón and was promoted to the first team at the beginning of January 2013.
- It was on 31 March that he played his first match as a professional, coming on in the second half as a replacement in a 0-1 loss at Newell’s Old Boys.
- During his professional debut on 11 May, Correa scored his first professional goal as part of a 3–0 home win against Boca Juniors.
- As a result, he ended the campaign with 13 appearances (eight starts, 747 minutes of action), scoring four goals.
- In May of 2014, after scoring six goals in the 2013-2014 season, Gabriel Correa agreed to a contract package with La Liga holders Atlético Madrid for a reported fee of €7.5 million.
- It was only after winning the Copa Libertadores in 2014 that he signed a contract with the Madrid side for a period of five years.
- Despite this, in June 2014 Correa was sidelined for six months as a result of a heart tumor. Having undergone surgery on 18 June in New York, he started light training in August, and officially joined the club on 13 December after being discharged from the hospital.
- Atleti finally gave Correa his debut on 22 August 2015 when he came on in place of *liver Torres in a 1–0 win over Las Palmas in a home league match.
- His first goal for the club came on 19 September, when he scored the first in the 2–0 away win against Eibar — he also assisted Fernando Torres in the second goal.
- The Atlético Madrid midfielder made his 200th appearance for the club on 6 November, starting in a 1–2 loss at Bayer Leverkusen away.
- A short time later, Atlético Madrid announced that both Correa and teammate Sime Vrsaljko had tested positive for COVID-19, rendering them ineligible for the team’s quarter-final game against RB Leipzig.
- In Atlético’s final match of the 2020-21 La Liga season, Correa scored the winning goal in a 2–1 victory against Real Valladolid on 22 May 2021 to seal the league title for the first time since 2014.
- The Atlético Madrid striker started off his 2021–22 campaign on the right foot by scoring in consecutive matches against Celta Vigo and Elche, handing Atlético two victories in a row.
- As of 6 January 2015, Humberto Grondona, the Under-20 Argentina Selection Technical Director, submitted a list of 32 Argentine players, including Correa, that were invited to train for the final roster of the South American Under-20s Championship.
- Grondona announced the final 23-man roster for the Under-20 Argentine side following four days of training on Wednesday. Captain Correa led the side.
- Correa was given his debut in the first game of the group stage of the U20 World Cup by Argentina’s U20 national football team against Ecuador on 14 January. In a 5–2 victory, he scored one goal and assisted two other goals for Giovanni Simeone.
- A goal by Correa was one of the highlights of Argentina’s 6–2 win over Peru on 18 January, helping them advance out of the group stages.
- In the semifinal round of the tournament on 26 January, Argentina faced Peru once again. During that game, Correa scored for Argentina again, helping Argentina advance to the final with a 2–0 victory.
- The U-20 South America Cup final was held on 7 February in Uruguay, where Argentina faced tournament host Uruguay.
- During the entire game, Argentina and Uruguay were in a 1–1 stalemate, and that ended in the 81st minute when Correa scored to put Argentina up for a 2–1 win for the U-20 South American Championship, and Correa was awarded the Best Player of the Tournament award.
- Humberto Grondona confirmed on 13 May 2015 that the Argentina U-20 Football Team will be represented by 21 players, among them Correa, at the 2015 New Zealand U-20 World Cup.
- On the 25th of May, when Costa Rica’s U-20 team was playing Tahiti for the second-last time before competing in the U-20 World Cup, Correa scored a header from a corner set to give the team a 3–1 defeat.
- In the inaugural match of the U-20 World Cup group stage, which was played on 30 May against Panama, Correa scored both goals for Argentina, which resulted in a 2–2 draw.
- Argentina only earned two points in the group stage of the tournament, thus failing to qualify for the knockout rounds.
- During an international friendly against Bolivia, Correa came on as a late substitute for Ezequiel Lavezzi and scored seven goals in a 7-0 victory for his full squad debut on 4 September 2015. He also scored the final goal of the match.
Facts About Angel Correa
- His footballing career began as a 12-year-old while he was a member of the youth academy of his native club San Lorenzo de Almagro in Rosario, Argentina.
- Correa has been equalized to compatriot Sergio Agüero, due to his similar height. However, his playing style is more similar to Carlos Tevez, in a more attacking positional role.
- He has good skill, pace, and low center of gravity, aside from a good technique and first touch.
- While playing with San Lorenzo, he was a teammate of Emmanuel Mas.
- Before joining San Lorenzo, he played youth soccer with Alianza Sport and Tiro. He made his professional debut in 2013.
- Angel, who grew up in one of Rosario’s poorest neighborhoods, was well aware that his neighborhood was rife with drugs and crime. His only drug, though, was hard work and a desire to keep improving.
- He had already faced two major tragedies by the age of 12 (the death of his father and brother).
- Nonetheless, his desire of becoming a professional footballer was unaffected, and he relocated to Buenos Aires to play for San Lorenzo’s youth team.
His preferred foot is Right.
Correa was actually one of the first people to speak to Lindor after he agreed to his 10-year, $341 million deal with the New York Mets. Understandably, the whole thing had him excited. “I love it,” Correa said. “It’s a great contract.
Argentina national football team
Atlético de Madrid
In the year 1993, Angel Correa was born to parents — Marcela Martínez, and Ángel Correa.
Correa lost his little-known dad to the cold hands of death when he was only aged 12. Though the forward has not revealed what caused his dad’s death, he credits the deceased for giving him his happiest childhood memory by accompanying him to training.
Do you know that Correa’s little-known mom is one of the numerous caring moms who proved that parenting is all about sacrifice? She helped raise the forward and his siblings after her husband died. In fact, Correa’s mom doesn’t eat until she has ensured that her children had gotten their fill.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Angel Correa’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Argentine Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Angel Correa, including our Biography of him. Now stay tuned for more Argentian Football Stories from Woodgram.