Australian soccer player Craig Alexander Goodwin (born 16 December 1991) currently plays for Adelaide United. In addition to representing the Australian national team, Goodwin has also played for the under-23 national team. In the 2014 A-League season, he joined Adelaide United after playing for Melbourne Heart and Newcastle Jets.
He made his international debut for Australia in an Asian Olympic Qualifier match in 2012. In the junior system of the Adelaide Raiders, he began his career as an amateur with Munno Para City Football Club. He made his professional debut in 2009. In 2012, he was nominated for the NAB Young Footballer Of The Year award as a Newcastle Jet.
Craig Goodwin Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Craig Goodwin. It gives you the ability to read through the Australian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Craig Alexander Goodwin|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Goodwin|
|Age||32 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Born Place||Adelaide, Australia|
|Date of Birth||16 December 1991|
|Home Town||Adelaide, Australia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Katelyn Timmings (to be)|
Son(s)- Ezra Goodwin
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||The Pitch management|
|Debut Club||• 2022: Adelaide United|
|Debut International||• 2012: Australia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Adelaide United)|
• 19 (Australia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Adelaide United|
• Australia national football team
|Position||Attack – Left Winger|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 83 kg|
in pounds- 183 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Australian|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||6 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||8 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Craig Goodwin Net Worth
In 2023, what will Craig Goodwin’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Craig Goodwin signed a contract with Adelaide United that ends in 2025 that netted him a whopping salary of £780,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,143 per day and £89 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£780,000|
|Per Month Salary||£65,000|
|Per Week Salary||£15,000|
|Per Day Salary||£2,143|
|Per Hour Salary||£89|
|Per Minute Salary||£1.5|
|Current Contract||With Adelaide United|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 21, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$2.34 Million|
|Market Value||$1.38 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$2.54 Million (Jan 31, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Craig Goodwin has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million, and his market value is about $1.38 million.
Craig Goodwin FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Goodwin is 32 years old and plays for Adelaide United in Australia as a Wide Midfielder. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 73 and a potential rating of 73. A 3-star rating has been given to Goodwin’s skillmoves.
Craig Goodwin FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|53||Heading Accuracy||73||FK Accuracy|
|65||Short Passing||62||Long Passing|
|58||Defensive Awareness||55||Sliding Tackle|
His left foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is high/medium. According to our database, Goodwin’s height is 180 cm and his weight is 83 kg. Craig Goodwin plays with the jersey numbers 11 and 19 at the moment.
Initially, he played for Munno Para City Football Club, an amateur club. Later, he signed with Adelaide Raiders, a South Australian Super League side.
He signed with Oakleigh Cannons after being cut from Adelaide United’s youth team trials.
He signed with the Melbourne Heart youth team to play in the National Youth League on 2 September 2011.
The man of the match award was presented to him during Melbourne Heart’s round 19 match against Melbourne Victory during the 2011–12 A-League campaign.
- The Newcastle Jets announced on 7 May 2012 that he had signed a two-year contract with the club in the A-League.
- In his time at Newcastle, Goodwin was known for his ability to finish and for his accurate crossing, which was a great benefit to strikers Emile Heskey and Ryan Griffiths.
- On the 13th of October 2012, he scored his first A-League goal against Sydney FC.
- As a result of his goal, the game ended with a 3–2 victory for the team.
- Craig was nominated for the NAB Young Footballer of the Year award in October because of his consistently amazing performances throughout the season.
- It was announced on 8 April 2013 that Goodwin was undergoing a two-week trial with English Premier League side Reading.
The A-League announced on 7 September 2014 that Goodwin had signed with Adelaide United, ending a two-year stay with Newcastle Jets, and bringing an end to the time he spent in Newcastle.
- Goodwin signed for Dutch club Sparta Rotterdam four days after Adelaide United won the A-League Championship Grand Final against the Western Sydney Wanderers on 5 May 2016.
- In the 68th minute of the match against Ajax, he made his debut as a substitute for Iván Calero.
- In Sparta Rotterdam’s 3–0 victory over PEC Zwolle, Goodwin scored his first goal for the club a week later.
- After struggling to find playing time for Sparta Rotterdam, Goodwin and the club mutually agreed to end his contract prematurely on 1 May 2018.
Return To Adelaide United
On 25 May 2018, Adelaide United announced Goodwin had signed a three-year contract.
As the first Australian to win the Mark Viduka Medal, he scored both goals in Adelaide United’s victory over Sydney FC in the 2018 FFA Cup Final.
Craig Goodwin Transfer To Al-Wehda
- Approximately $450,000 was paid by Saudi Professional League side Al-Wehda to meet Goodwin’s buyout clause on 15 July 2019.
- The club announced on 17 July 2019 that he had signed a two-year contract.
- In a managerial change at Al-Wehda, Goodwin was replaced in the starting lineup by a new player, Goodwin signed a one-year contract extension and was immediately loaned out to Abha.
- As a result of difficulties living in the new city with his partner, Goodwin mutually terminated his loan with Abha.
- In February 2021, Goodwin returned to Adelaide United on a loan deal until the end of the 2020–21 A-League season.
- It was then decided to extend Goodwin’s loan until the end of the 2021–22 A-League season.
The Australian Olympic football team selected Goodwin to represent them against Iraq in an Asian Olympic qualifying match on 7 March 2012.
In the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup, Goodwin made his international debut for Australia as a late substitute against Japan. Playing a full game in a 4–3 loss to China, he started the next match of the tournament.
Craig Goodwin is 32 years old.
Craig Goodwin is 180 cm tall. Or 5 ft 11 in.
Craig Goodwin’s preferred foot is left.
Craig Goodwin is from Australia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Craig Goodwin worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Craig Goodwin has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Australian footballer. Hopefully, Craig Goodwin’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you find anything fishy in the article on Craig Goodwin.