Hans Vanaken, born 24 August 1992, is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Belgian club Brugge and the national team of Belgium. Despite playing in midfield, Vanaken is known in Belgium for his prolific goal-scoring ability. Vanaken scored Brugge’s equalizing goal against Real Madrid on 11 December 2019; however, Brugge lost 1–3 and was parachuted into the UEFA Europa League Round of 32.
Lokeren announced in May 2015 that they had reached an agreement with Club Brugge over Vanaken’s transfer, with the player signing a five-year contract. He proved instrumental in helping Club Brugge win their 14th league championship in his first season at the club. On 9 August 2019, Vanaken signed a new contract with Brugge tying him to the club until 2025.
Hans Vanaken Bio/Wiki
[table id=3938 /]
Hans Vanaken Net Worth
In 2023, what will his salary be?
In July 2015 Hans Vanaken the midfielder signed a contract with Club Brugge KV extended from 2020 to 2025 that netted him a whopping salary of $3,419,520 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns $9,369 per day and $390 per hour!
[table id=3939 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Hans Vanaken is estimated to be worth around $4.5 million, and his market value is about $17.60 million.
Hans Vanaken FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
Hans Vanaken is currently 31 years old and plays as a central midfielder for Club Brugge in Belgium. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 79 with a potential rating of 79. A 4-star rating is attributed to Vanaken’s skillmoves.
[table id=3940 /]
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. His workrate is high/medium. According to our database, Vanaken’s height is 195 cm and his weight is 77 kg. Hans Vanaken is currently playing with numbers 18 and 20.
- As a youth player at Lommel United, Vanaken joined the PSV Eindhoven academy in 2002 when the former declared bankruptcy.
- After returning to Lommel in 2008, he made his senior debut for the club in 2010.
- During his time at Lommel, he was spotted by a number of top-level clubs and joined Lokeren in 2013.
- In Lokeren’s 3–2 win over defending champions Anderlecht on 28 July 2013, he scored two goals.
- In the 2013–14 Belgian Cup final, Vanaken played in 6 of Lokeren’s 7 matches and scored one goal as his side edged Zulte Waregem.
- As a second-year pro, Vanaken scored 8 league goals and finished third in the Belgian Golden Shoe voting.
- Lokeren announced in May 2015 that it had reached an agreement with Club Brugge to transfer Vanaken to the latter, subject to a medical.
- In his first season at Club Brugge, he earned a spot in the starting line-up, where he helped the club win its 14th league title.
- With 21 goals and 21 assists, Vanaken led his team to its 15th league title and Belgian Supercup in 2018.
- Vanaken won the Belgian Golden Shoe award in May 2018 after winning the Belgian Player of the Year award in May 2018.
- He signed a new contract with Brugge on 9 August 2019, tying him to the club until 2024.
- Vanaken scored Brugge’s equalizer against Real Madrid on 11 December 2019.
- Brugge eventually lost 1–3 and was relegated to the UEFA Europa League Round of 32.
- Vanaken became the first Belgian Golden Shoe winner since Jan Ceulemans in 1986 after winning back-to-back awards on 15 January 2020.
- As a result of his 20 goals and 7 assists in 2019, Vanaken won the award.
- On 20 May 2021, Vanaken scored twice for Brugge to win their fourth Belgian First Division A title in six years and 17th overall.
- Club Brugge won back-to-back league titles for the first time since 1976–77 and 1977–78 at Anderlecht’s ground.
- In a 4–0 victory against Scotland at Hampden Park, Vanaken made his debut for the Belgian national football team, replacing Eden Hazard.
- In qualifying for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, he scored two goals in an 8–0 win over Belarus on 30 March 2021.
- Together with club teammate Simon Mignolet, Vanaken was selected for the final 26-man UEFA Euro 2020 squad on 17 May 2021.
Facts About Hans Vanaken
- It is already a matter of time before a talent leaves the Belgian league when he develops.
- Hans Vanaken is a rare example of a player who has stayed and flourished at Club Brugge.
- The twice Belgian player of the year has been a key figure in his club’s recent dominance of the Belgian game.
- He plays either as a No.8 or a No.10 in Club Brugge’s midfield, a totemic presence.
- Despite not having pace, his vision, intelligence, and left foot give the impression that he has more time than anyone else.
- Vanaken has scored 63 goals and assisted 54 times in 220 Pro League matches.
- In the league, he is known for gracefully arriving in the box at the perfect moment.
- One of Club Brugge’s biggest rivals, Anderlecht, hosted him last year. Locally, the showdown is known as the ‘Hate Game’.
- A blocked free-kick rebounded high in the air towards Vanaken in the opposition half.
- Using the ball’s momentum, he smashed a looping volley that clipped the inside of the post with Zidane-like concentration. Vincent Kompany was helplessly rooted to the spot, almost stumbling to the ground.
- This was the hallmark of a player who could make the impossible look easy in a big game against a domestic rival.
- At 28, all logic suggests it’s time for Vanaken to test himself on a bigger stage.
- In spite of that, he chose to stay in Belgium when West Ham offered him a route to the Premier League last year.
- His reasoning was that playing in the Champions League and challenging for trophies at Brugge was the best thing for his career.
- Vanaken is a quiet, family-oriented man from Flanders.
- Despite his choice to maintain stability, it is tempting to see how he would perform at a higher level.
- The chances of him succeeding are high.
- Club Brugge’s position as the best team in Belgium has been cemented by players like Vanaken.
- Ruud Vormer, Vanaken’s longtime captain and midfield partner, has also decided to stay.
- No other club can compete with the experience and ability of goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and striker Bas Dost.
- On their way to winning the title last season, Club Brugge lost only one game. They are already 12 points ahead this season.
- With Champions League football and a planned new stadium of 40,000 seats, they threaten to pull away from all their rivals.
How old is Hans Vanaken?
Hans Vanaken is 31 years old.
How tall is Hans Vanaken?
Hans Vanaken is 194 cm tall. Or 6 ft 4.4 in.
When was Hans Vanaken born?
Hans Vanaken was born Mon Aug 24 1992.
Which is Hans Vanaken’s preferred foot?
Hans Vanaken’s preferred feet are both right and left.
Hans Vanaken’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals.
Hans Vanaken’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent. In the story, the Belgian Midfielder was able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Hans Vanaken’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics. It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Belgian footballer. Hopefully, Hans Vanaken’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Hans Vanaken.