Rodrigo Javier De Paul, commonly known by his nickname Rodrigo De Paul, is an Argentine professional footballer who currently plays as a central midfielder for the La Liga club Atlético Madrid and the Argentina national team. Even if it was not a fairytale start, things would only continue to get better from there on out. Lechuga moved to Europe in the summer of 2014, to join La Liga club Valencia. This was a significant step for the club. The Argentinian was also involved in another move in 2016 when he joined the Serie A club Udinese in Italy. Having endured himself to fans right away, he went on to score in a 2-1 victory against giants AC Milan.
There was already a firm platform in place and the playmaker quickly established himself as an indispensable member of the first team. During a five-year period, he made 134 appearances and scored or assisted 70 goals in total. The highlight of Lechuga’s career, however, came during the 2021 Copa America, when he played an instrumental role in the Albiceleste’s winning campaign. In the final game against arch-rivals Brazil, the assist for Angel Di Maria’s goal distinguished Argentina with its first trophy since 1993 as the game resulted in silverware for the country. As of July 2021, he has signed for Atlético Madrid on a five-year contract.
Rodrigo De Paul Bio/Wiki[table id=3275 /]
We have included in this Rodrigo De Paul biography facts like his Childhood Story, Early Life, Family, Parents (Monica De Paul), Wife (to be) (Camilla Horns), Personal Life, Lifestyle, and Net Worth. Simply put, we are presenting you with his life journey, from when he was a child to when he became famous.
To whet your appetite for Rodrigo De Paul’s biography here is his boyhood through adulthood gallery – a perfect introduction to Rodrigo De Paul’s life story. In the 2021 Copa America, we know that the long pass that he made finally set up Angel di Maria to score the winning goal for Argentina.
He became a significant contributor to his country as a result, winning the tide for the first time since 1993.
Sadly, most football fans know very little about one of the five breakout stars of the 2021 Copa America. We have prepared a concise summary of his captivating memoir which you will find interesting. Let’s get started.
Autobiography enthusiasts call him Lechuga. Rodrigo Javier de Paul was born on the 24th day of May 1994 to his mother, Monica Ferrarotti, and his father, Roberto De Paul, in the city of Sarandi, Argentina.
He is the youngest of three children born to his parents. It’s unbelievable! He thinks his 60-year-old mother still looks like she is in her early 40s.
Throughout the years, many kids have taken football as a way to escape poverty in Argentina, and Rodrigo is one of those kids. Rodrigo became obsessed with football when he was just three years old. As would be expected, the young lad began his expedition by playing street soccer with his friends.
He was often forced to play as the goalkeeper, a position that he detested so much when he was a child. As a goalkeeper, he initially played for the team, but he later switched to playing in the midfield.
Born in Fonteal, Damian was raised by his two brothers, Damian and Guido De Paul, in the city, he grew up. When he was a young boy, he spent many hours training under the tutelage of his grandfather (Osvaldo).
Back then, his mother was always very busy with work and had no time to take the young lad to the field. As a result, De Paul’s grandpa was able to step in and ensure that he receives the best training possible on the pitch.
The Argentine is the child of a broken home. Rodrigo’s parents divorced when he was very young, so he was raised by his grandparents. Neither Carlos nor Monica remarried, so Rodrigo was raised by his grandfather. In the absence of his father, the midfielder’s mother had to work very hard to take care of her menage.
She is a strong woman with a good financial education. Like all average households, De Paul’s family fared well with her earnings.
Intriguingly, every member of his family has a close bond that helps them rely on one another. The secret to their survival in Argentina’s poor economy may be their togetherness and contentment.
The footballer comes from a city that is well known for its leather industry and tanning process. The pollution in his hometown has resulted from industrial activity.
Despite this, De Paul remains a patriotic citizen of his country and a considerate native of Sarandi. His hometown (Sarandi) is just 12 minutes away from Lanus, where the legendary Argentine (Diego Maradona) was born.
Analyzing different aspects of his biography, we realize that football has dominated his life since childhood. De Paul preferred telling the truth about his soccer experience rather than his educational experience.
Even though it was never mentioned if he attended school, we suspect that his parents made sure he received a formal education.
Every child in Argentina dreams of excelling in football and escaping from Argentina’s impoverished economy. Therefore, the boy was passionate about playing football with his peers.
Initially, he was a goalkeeper, but he never stayed in that position. Later, Rodrigo played as a midfielder for his team after moving from the backline.
It didn’t take long for his grandfather to realize that enrolling him in an academy was best. Consequently, he enrolled Rodrigo, who was 8 years old, in Racing Club’s youth setup in 2002.
In his youth club, the talented midfielder spent ten years as a junior. In those periods, he underwent rigorous training and performed well in several matches. In 2012, he finally received his first call-up to the senior squad after much patience. Once again, he was an unused substitute and did not play professionally until February 2013.
Rodrigo scored only 6 goals during his 54 senior appearances for Racing Club. Despite that, scouts were able to assess his exceptional playmaking abilities. As a dribbler in the Argentine professional league, the dribbler dreamed of becoming as successful as Paulo Dybala and Erik Lamela.
Fortunately, his dreams came true when he joined Valencia in 2014 for a 5-year deal worth USS6.5 million. Rodrigo played only one minute before he was sent off for fouling Aleix Vidal on his La Liga debut.
His Spanish club showcased his dominance in midfield in the following years. In February 2016, He was sent on loan to his former club because his best wasn’t good enough for the team. He was transferred to Udinese in July 2016 and soon joined the Italian League. He began to gain traction while competing with the likes of Papu Gomez and Lautaro Martinez.
It took little time before Rodrigo proved himself as a jewel amongst the exceptional players of Udinese. He even became the highest goal scorer on his team in the 2018-19 season. Below is a video displaying some brilliant highlights of his performance with the club.
As he continues to impress fans, he was called up to play for Argentina in the 2021 Copa America along with Leandro Parades, etc. In the finals, De Paul produced a brilliant long pass that allowed Angel di Maria to score the winning goal.
At that moment, the world stood in awe of the underrated player whom fans immediately compared to Mauro Icardi. In his biography, winning Copa America became one of his greatest career achievements.
De Paul’s exceptionality immediately attracted Diego Simeone, who stepped in to get him within Atletico Madrid’s armory. In July 2021, the player signed a five-year contract worth €35 million with the Spanish club. And the rest, as they say, is history.
It’s the best feeling to find someone you click with on a natural level. In the case of De Paul, Camilla Homs is the one person who makes him feel so comfortable. She is the definition of a soulmate. It may interest you to know that the dribbler has indeed followed a similar path to Lionel Messi. Yes, he had only one partner from when he was a teenager to when he became famous.
He never lost the allure of his love for Camilla Homs, no matter how long it had been. De Paul and his girlfriend developed so many happy memories together. We’ve seen his partner support him from the sidelines over and over again.
While their love story endures the test of time, the couples now have a legacy to complement their love story. Together, they gave birth to a baby girl named Francesca in 2019.
His daughter’s existence has positively impacted his life, according to the playmaker.
Since she arrived, he became more content and had a taste of parental responsibility. After watching him put up an impressive display in Copa America, you probably got to know the dribbler. Having seen his career, you might want to learn about his other interests besides football.
To begin with, his persona combines the traits of the Gemini zodiac sign. He is intelligent, curious, and a brilliant thinker. Every now and then, De Paul takes a few moments alone to reflect on how far he has come in his life.
His other favorite pastime is watching lawn tennis games. For him, it is one of his favorite hobbies, which he enjoys whenever he has the opportunity. In reality, De Paul spends the majority of his spare time visiting beaches by himself or with family. It is a way for him to reenergize. He posts pictures of the memories he made at the beach every now and then.
Having a supportive household that looks out for his best interests is one of the greatest blessings in his life. If his parents (especially his mother) had not stood by him in his career pursuit, his fans would not have known him. As a result, we present you with some information about each member of his family.
Since he became famous, the Argentine star has not mentioned his father’s name. His father didn’t provide him with as much paternal care as Sergio Aguero did. Rodrigo’s father is not anonymous, according to a source. Roberto De Paul is friendly with his three sons.
Often, it is said that when your youngest child becomes famous and successful, your job as a mother is done. The mother of De Paul has also experienced the relief of nurturing her last born into success. It was mentioned in the earliest part of this biography that her name is Monica Ferrarotti. All of her family is supported by her hard work.
Her son never had to worry that he wouldn’t get support when he needed it. She is a strong woman who goes the extra mile to ensure that her children succeed in their endeavors. Monica De Paul still looks young and beautiful despite all the stress of working hard.
His childhood was quite adventurous because he had two elder brothers who always supported him. Damian and Guido De Paul are his brothers. Their endeavors are going well, even though they aren’t as famous as their little brother.
DePaul acknowledged the impact his siblings had made on his life in one of his Instagram posts. In fact, they are the reason he never considers giving up on his dreams. Many of you probably didn’t know that the talented player spent most of his youth with his extended family. He received his first football training from his grandfather, Osvaldo, as we have already mentioned.
What is even more fascinating is that his grandmother also follows them to the pitch to watch their training sessions. Sadly, De Paul’s grandfather did not get to see his little buddy become a professional. (He died in 2009) just about three years before his grandchild achieved significant soccer success.
After his father died, his grandmother took over the duties that her late husband had left behind. She was very close to De Paul and always encouraged him in his endeavors. As we wrap up our engaging biography of the prolific playwright, here are some exciting facts that will help you understand his Life Story.
A career expedition is a perfect tool for the Argentine to record the success of his body. He has many tattoos on his body that depict his achievements and the people who inspired him to achieve them.
Among his body art are the names of his daughter, baby mama, grandfather, and mother. Additionally, it includes the date of his first match with Argentina, his boyhood portrait, and a gorgeous Lion tattoo. He belongs to the 62.9% of Christians in Argentina who practice Catholicism. De Paul was raised in a Christian family.
His mother and grandparents have always worn the Rosary wherever they go, even when taking pictures. In regard to religious matters, their deep devotion as Catholics rubbed off on their children.
Rodrigo De Paul Net Worth
What is his salary in 2023?
It was in June 2021 that the midfielder signed a contract to sign with Atlético Madrid, which will net him a huge salary of 3 million euros (2.6 Million Pounds) per year. According to our calculations, that means he earns an average of €8,219 (£7,147) a day, and €342 (£298) an hour.[table id=3276 /]
In the current professional game, the 29-year-old playmaker is one of the brightest prospects in the game today and his market value is in the region of $44.00 million. It is believed that Lechuga’s net worth is approximately €10 million (£8.8 million), but his lucrative new contract with Atlético Madrid means his net worth will soon dwarf that.
Rodrigo De Paul In FIFA 2022
At the age of 29 years old, Rodrigo Javier De Paul plays as a central midfielder for Atlético de Madrid in the Spanish league. FIFA 22 gives him an overall rating of 83, meaning he has a potential score of 84. De Paul has got a 4-star skill moves rating. His preferred weapon is his right foot when shooting. As for his workrates, they are high / medium. It has been calculated that De Paul’s height is 180 cm and his weight is estimated to be 70 kg, according to our database. Rodrigo Javier De Paul is currently playing with the numbers 5 and 7 according to the official list.
The following are some of his best stats:
- Stamina: 90
- Vision: 86
- Ball Control: 85
- Short Pass: 85
- Long Pass: 85
- Born in Sarandí, Greater Buenos Aires, De Paul joined Racing Club’s youth setup in 2002, aged eight.
- The 22-year-old was called up to the main squad on 24 June 2012 whilst still a junior for the match against Vélez Sarsfield but did not appear in the 1–2 loss at home to them.
- It was not until 10 February 2013 that De Paul played his first match as a professional, replacing Mauro Camoranesi in the 76th minute of Atlético de Rafaela’s 0–3 defeat.
- He scored his first goal a month later and the last goal he scored was a long-range shot in a 3–0 win at San Martin de San Juan.
- De Paul appeared in 19 matches during the 2012–13 campaign. He then played a crucial role in the 2013-14 season, appearing in 35 matches and scoring four goals.
- It was announced on the 9th of May 2014 that Valencia CF and Racing Club had agreed on a deal worth US$6.5 million to sign De Paul.
- He signed a five-year deal with Los Che on 6 June, and made his La Liga debut on 23 August under head coach Nuno Espírito Santo, replacing Paco Alcácer in the 65th minute in a 1–1 away draw against Sevilla FC, but being sent off just one minute later due to fouling Aleix Vidal.
- He scored his first goal for the club on 4 December 2014, when he took part in the Copa del Rey against Rayo Vallecano and won by a score of 2–1.
- It was following this performance that he scored his first La Liga goal on 9 April 2015 against Athletic Bilbao, making 29 appearances in all competitions in his first season at the club.
- At the beginning of the 2015-16 season, he appeared in 14 games across all competitions, including two matches in the Champions League.
- He was loaned out by then Valencia manager Gary Neville to Racing Club on 4 February 2016 for a period of one year.
- A victory against Bolivar in the Copa Libertadores on 24 February was his first and only goal in his career.
- A transfer was announced on 20 July 2016 to the Italian Serie A club Udinese that saw De Paul join the club. It was against AS Roma in a 4–0 defeat on 20 August 2016 that he made his debut.
- It was against AC Milan in a 2–1 win on 29 January 2017 that he scored his first goal for the club.
- The player started the 2018-2019 season by scoring four goals in the first six matches of the new campaign.
- He would finish with nine goals and nine assists during the 2018-19 Udinese Calcio season and would finish as the top goal scorer for Udinese.
- A new contract was signed by De Paul at Udinese on the 15th of October 2019 for a period of five years. During the 2019-20 season, he would score seven goals and gain six assists for Udinese in the Serie A.
- Alessandro De Paul was appointed Udinese’s new club captain in December 2020, succeeding Kevin Lasagna.
It was announced on 12 July 2021 that De Paul had agreed to a five year contract with Atlético Madrid. It is no coincidence that he joined his new club just days after winning the Copa América championship with Argentina. He scored his first goal for the club in the final group game of the 2021-21 UEFA Champions League, which they won by a score of 3-1 away to FC Porto on 7 December 2021.
- After making his senior international debut for Argentina in a 4–0 win against Iraq on 11 October 2018, De Paul later became a regular for coach Lionel Scaloni’s team.
- In the Copa América 2019 after winning the final 3-1 after beating Chile 2–1, he was part of the Argentina team that finished third.
- In the quarter-finals of the 2021 Copa América in Brazil, De Paul scored the opening goal in a 3–0 victory over Ecuador in the third game of the match.
- As the Argentines won 1-0 against the host’s Brazil in the final of the conference, De Paul’s long pass set up Angel Di Maria to score the only goal of the match, allowing Argentina to win their 15th Copa América title and their first major international trophy since 2008.
Facts About Rodrigo De Paul
- When he was eight years old, he began playing football for the first time.
- On 10 February 2013, he played his very first match as a professional footballer.
- A month later, on 23 August 2014, he made his La Liga debut for the club. As of 4 February 2016, he has been loaned out to his former club Racing Club
- In the final of the tournament against the host Brazil, his long pass set up Angel Di Maria to score the only goal of the match and helped Argentina win the 2021 Copa America, allowing Argentina to capture their joint record 15th Copa America title and their first major international title since 1993.
- Irene Toljan played five seasons for Udinese before signing an agreement with Atletico Madrid on 12 July 2021 for a fee of €35 million over a five-year period.
- On the 11th of October 2018, he made his international debut for Argentina.
7: Argentina national football team
5: Atlético de Madrid
De Paul is a versatile, right-footed midfielder with as much experience in a right-sided midfield role as in the center. He is a strong ball carrier who is at his most effective when driving through the right inside channel, and who successfully holds off opponents while doing so.
Finally, it behooves us to appreciate De Paul’s mother and Grandparents for supporting him through his journey to stardom. There has never been a day when he does not appreciate his family for helping him achieve his childhood aspirations.
They are his most devoted fans, irrespective of the clubs he plays for. Thank you for sticking to the end of our article. We hope you enjoyed our Biography of Rodrigo De Paul.
Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to read this impressive piece of biography about a Footballer, often referred to as the new John Stones. The native of Argentina has his head on his shoulders, and he is helped by a good family environment that allows him to succeed.
Our team at Woodgram is committed to providing you with our Biography of Argentian Footballers with as much accuracy as possible in our daily routine of delivering this information to you. If you notice anything that doesn’t seem to be right with Rodrigo De Paul’s life story, please let us know.