Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo, often known as Simy, is a forward for Serie B team Benevento on loan from Salernitana. He was born in Nigeria on May 7, 1992. In 2018, he also participated in national team play for Nigeria. The only African player to lead the league in goals scored in an Italian professional league is Simy (2019–20 Serie B).
He leads Crotone’s all-time scoring list with 66 goals in all competitions. He scored 20 goals in one Serie A season in 2020–21, becoming the only African footballer to do so (Samuel Eto’o scored 20 in 2010–11).
[table id=5145 /]
The oldest of three kids is named Simy. His sister is a nurse, while his brother is a physiotherapist. Simy has a son and is a Catholic along with his wife.
During his tenure in Crotone, Simy has received racist hatred on social media, including hopes that his kid “would die of pancreatic cancer.” On March 27, 2021, Vincenzo Voce, the mayor of Crotone, bestowed honorary citizenship on Nwankwo’s son as a statement against racism.
Simy Net Worth
The range of Joel Obi’s net worth or income is thought to be between €11,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5146 /]
Simy FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Joel Obi has an overall rating of 70 and his potential is also 70.
[table id=5147 /]
- He joined Crotone, which had just been promoted to Serie A, in July 2016.
- He finished the 2017–18 season with seven goals, which matched him with Ante Budimir for second-most for the team and put him just one goal behind Marcello Trotta, the leading scorer.
- This includes an iconic overhead goal on April 19, 2018, during a 1-1 draw with champions Juventus.
- However, Crotone would be demoted at the end of the campaign.
- He was able to recover his form and have his finest season since going to Italy, ranking first on his team and sixth overall in goals with fourteen, despite the club struggling to a twelfth-place finish in their return to Serie B.
- In the 2019–20 season, he outperformed this, leading Serie B with twenty goals while assisting his side in being promoted back to Italy’s top division.
- For a cost of €3.50 million, Salernitana fully bought the Simy rights on January 9, 2022.
- Simy signed a season-long loan agreement with Serie B team Parma on January 31, 2022, with the option to purchase.
- Simy relocated to Benevento on loan with a purchase option on September 1, 2022.
- Simy was summoned to the Nigerian national team’s camp by coach Gernot Rohr on May 25, 2018, in anticipation of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- He made his international debut in a 1-1 tie with DR Congo three days later.
- He was included in Nigeria’s final 23-man World Cup squad in June.
- He made his tournament debut against Croatia, entering as a substitute with Nigeria behind 0-2 in the second half.
- He also participated as a substitute in Nigeria’s 1-2 World Cup elimination loss to Argentina.
He is currently 31 years old (as of 2023).
He is 198 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to Benevento Calcio, his net worth is €11,500,000 (as of 2023).