Rihanna born as Robyn Rihanna Fenty, NH (Order of National Heroes)(born February 20, 1988) is a Barbadian singer, actress, and businesswoman. Originally from Saint Michael, Barbados, Rihanna auditioned for American record producer Evan Rogers, who invited her to record demo tapes in the United States. Upon signing with Def Jam in 2005, she immediately began to gain recognition following the release of her first two studio albums, Music of the Sun (2005) and A Girl Like Me (2006), both of which topped the US Billboard 200.
With her third album, Good Girl Gone Bad (2007), Rihanna established herself as a sex symbol in the music industry. As a result of her chart-topping single “Umbrella,” Rihanna won her first Grammy Award and rose to global fame. In her subsequent studio albums, Rated R (2009), Loud (2010), Talk That Talk (2011), and Unapologetic (2012), the latter of which reached number one on the Billboard 200, she continued to mix pop, dance, and R&B genres. As a result of her departure from Def Jam, her eighth album, Anti (2016), displayed a new level of creative control. She achieved her second number-one album in the United States with the single “Work”.
As the second-best-selling female artist of all time, Rihanna has sold over 250 million records worldwide. In the United States, she has earned 14 number-one and 31 top-ten singles while in the United Kingdom, she has earned 30 top-ten entries. In addition to nine Grammy Awards, thirteen American Music Awards (including the Icon Award), 12 Billboard Music Awards, six Guinness World Records, and the NAACP’s President’s Award, she has received numerous other accolades. Two times in 2012 and 2018, Time magazine named her one of the world’s 100 most influential individuals. In 2012 and 2014, Forbes ranked her among the top ten highest-paid celebrities. Her estimated net worth is $1.7 billion, making her the wealthiest female musician as of 2023.
Aside from music, Rihanna is also known for her involvement in humanitarian causes, entrepreneurial endeavors, and the fashion industry. As the founder of the nonprofit organization Clara Lionel Foundation as well as the cosmetics brand Fenty Beauty and fashion house Fenty under LVMH, she holds the distinction of being the first black woman to head an LVMH luxury brand. Additionally, Rihanna has appeared in major roles in films such as Battleship (2012), Home (2015), Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017), and Ocean’s 8 (2018). The Barbados government appointed her in 2018 as an ambassador for education, tourism, and investment. She was declared a National Hero in Barbados on the first day of the country’s parliamentary republic in 2021, resulting in the lifelong honor of being referred to as “The Right Excellent.”
The table below reveals concise information about Rihanna. It allows you to read through the famous Barbadian singer, actress, and businesswoman’s profile as quickly as possible.
[table id=5553 /]
Rihanna Family – Parents, Siblings, And Education
Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born on February 20, 1988, in Saint Michael, Barbados. It is her father, Ronald Fenty, who works as a warehouse supervisor. Her mother, Monica (née Braithwaite), is a financial accountant. In addition to her mother being an Afro-Guyanese, her father is a Barbadian of African, Irish, English, and Scottish descent.
In addition to her two brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty, Rihanna has two half-sisters and a half-brother from her father’s previous relationships. During her childhood, she lived in a three-bedroom bungalow in Bridgetown and sold clothes on the street with her father.
During her childhood, her father’s alcoholism and crack cocaine addiction greatly affected her family, contributing to the strain in her parent’s marriage. As a child, Rihanna’s father physically abused her mother, and as a result, Rihanna tried to intervene to prevent fights between the two.
By the time she was 14, Rihanna’s parents had divorced, and her health began to improve. As a child, Rihanna underwent numerous CT scans for the excruciating headaches she suffered. She recalls, “The doctors even believed there was a tumor because it was so intense.
It was reggae music that she grew up listening to. During her childhood years, she attended Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School and Combermere School, where she was a classmate of future international cricketers Chris Jordan and Carlos Brathwaite.
Rihanna was an army cadet in a sub-military program when she was 11 years old, where Shontelle, the later Barbadian singer-songwriter, served as her drill sergeant. In spite of her initial desire to graduate from high school, she decided to pursue a musical career instead.
Rihanna Net Worth
She has a net worth of $1.7 Billion as of 2023, making her the youngest self-made millionaire woman in the world, the wealthiest female musician, and one of the richest singers in the world. The news is very special for fans of the world-renowned pop singer Rihanna.
[table id=5554 /]
Among Power Women (2022) the world, she ranked 73 and among America’s Self-Made Women (2022), she ranked 21. On the list of billionaires around the world, she is ranked 2,032.
Reb’l Fleur, Rihanna’s first fragrance, was released in January 2011. By the end of 2011, Reb’l Fleur was expected to gross 80 million US dollars at retail, according to sources. In February 2012, Rihanna released her second fragrance, Rebelle.
Rebelle’s promotional campaign was directed by Anthony Mandler, who also directed Reb’l Fleur’s promotional campaign. Her third fragrance, Nude, was released in November 2012. Rogue, Rihanna’s fourth fragrance for women, was released on September 14, 2013, and Rogue Men, her fourth fragrance for men, was released in 2014.
Rihanna is one of the co-owners of Tidal, a streaming service, with various other music artists. It specializes in lossless audio and high-definition videos.
In the first quarter of 2015, Jay-Z acquired Aspiro, the parent company of Tidal. In addition to Beyoncé and Jay-Z, sixteen artists (including Kanye West, Beyoncé, Madonna, Chris Martin, Nicki Minaj, and others) own a 3% stake in Tidal. As Jay-Z stated on the release of Tidal, “the challenge is to get everyone back to respecting the music, to recognizing its value.”.
In 2016, Rihanna announced that her music would be released through her own label, Westbury Road Entertainment, established in 2005. Westbury Road is the name of the street where she resides in Barbados. The music will be distributed by Universal Music Group. As well as Melissa Forde, Westbury Road Entertainment has KazeLoon on its roster of artists.
It was announced in November 2015 that Rihanna and Benoit Demouy would launch a beauty and stylist agency called Fr8me. Founded in Los Angeles, the company assists artists in booking commercials, editorial shoots, advertising campaigns, and red-carpet events.
A key component of creativity is hair, makeup, and styling. Rihanna stated, “I am very involved in these aspects of my creative process, which is why I founded this agency.” In addition to Mylah Morales, she also works with Jason Bolden as her wardrobe stylist, Patricia Morales as her hair stylist, and Marcia Hamilton as her makeup artist.
As well as Fr8me, Rihanna has opened a photography agency named “A Dog Ate My Homework”, which represents Erik Asla and Deborah Anderson.
Fenty – Luxury Fashion Group LVMH
In May 2019, Rihanna launched the fashion brand Fenty under the luxury fashion group LVMH. She was the first woman of color to lead an LVMH brand and the first woman to create an original brand for the company. A pop-up store in Paris launched the collection on May 22, 2019, followed by its online launch on May 29. The collection included clothing, accessories, and footwear.
In 1987, LVMH launched its first line. Fashion brand Rihanna was described as groundbreaking, and in a statement, she stated that she had been granted the “unique opportunity to create a luxury brand with no artistic boundaries.”
Rihanna and LVMH decided in February 2021 to “put on hold” their Fenty fashion house and focus on the SavagexFenty lingerie line as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
She exclusively uses her surname for business endeavors unrelated to her music career to avoid confusion. A lawsuit was filed by Rihanna against her father, Ronald Fenty, in January 2019 regarding the use of the Fenty name for commercial purposes.
Rihanna’s cosmetics brand, Fenty Beauty, claims that her father’s company, Fenty Entertainment, damaged her commercially by misrepresenting his company’s affiliation with her. The lawsuit against Rihanna’s father was dropped in September 2021.
The Fenty Beauty brand was launched by Rihanna in 2017 as part of LVMH’s Kendo Brands division. Sources indicate that Rihanna owns 50 percent of Fenty Beauty. A $10 million partnership was announced in which Rihanna would release a variety of beauty products.
Fenty Beauty’s first collection was released on September 8, 2017, and is available in over 150 countries. In addition to foundations, highlighters, bronzers, blush compacts, lip glosses, and blotting sheets, the range included a wide range of products for all skin tones.
The breadth of Fenty Beauty’s product range was cited as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2017. As part of what has been dubbed the “Fenty Effect,” the brand revolutionized the way other cosmetic brands approached product formulation and marketing diversity: “Suddenly, beauty houses – niche, establishment, and those in between – began expanding their shade ranges to accommodate a wider range of skin tones. A standard of forty shades was established.”
Lingerie Brand – Savage X Fenty
As part of her Savage X Fenty brand, Rihanna launched a lingerie line in 2018. The line was created as a result of Rihanna’s vision of creating an inclusive brand. Products are available in a variety of shades and sizes to suit all skin tones. In September 2018, she presented the brand at New York Fashion Week. There has been a positive response from the public regarding the brand’s promotion of plus-size models, although some fans have complained that there are not enough models of this size.
As part of the New York Fashion Week held at the Barclays Center in September 2019, Rihanna promoted the brand with modeling appearances by models Alex Wek, Bella Hadid, Cara Delevingne, actress Laverne Cox, and musicians Normani and 21 Savage. A number of artists performed, including DJ Khaled, Halsey, ASAP Ferg, Big Sean, Migos, Fat Joe, Fabolous, and Tierra Whack.
On September 20, 2019, Amazon Prime Video launched Savage X Fenty Show. The series was renewed for a third consecutive season in 2020, featuring performances from artists such as Travis Scott, Rosalía, Bad Bunny, Ella Mai, Lizzo, Big Sean, Miguel, Roddy Ricch, and Rico Nasty. On October 2, 2020, this version will also be available on Amazon Prime Video.
The Fenty Skin brand was launched by Rihanna in July 2020.
The singer has ventured into a variety of businesses and industries. Rihanna signed an endorsement agreement with Secret Body Spray in October 2005. In 2010, Rihanna appeared in an Optus commercial, in support of Rihanna’s Last Girl on Earth.
Rihanna was also featured in a Kodak commercial in the same year along with rapper Pitbull. Her fourth studio album Rated R (2009) was accompanied by a photo book featuring photos from the Last Girl on Earth tour. In 2011, Rihanna starred in a campaign for Nivea and Vita Coco.
Styled to Rock, her first television program, premiered on Sky Living in August 2012. It consists of a 10-week series in which Rihanna, Nicola Roberts, Lysa Cooper, and Henry Holland provide assistance to up-and-coming British designers.
Styled to Rock premiered in the United States on October 25, 2013. “RiRi hearts MAC” is Rihanna’s own summer, fall, and holiday makeup line released in 2013 in collaboration with MAC Cosmetics. Budweiser announced in July 2013 that Rihanna would be a part of their global “Made For Music” campaign, also starring Jay-Z.
In the early stages of her career, Rihanna expressed an interest in fashion and a desire to work in the clothing industry. According to her, fashion has always been a means of defense for her. It was announced in November 2011 that Rihanna would be working with Armani for the first time.
As part of London Fashion Week, Rihanna presented her first women’s fashion collection for River Island. She collaborated with her personal stylist Adam Selman on the collection. Three more collections were published for the brand. A number of fashion houses, such as Dior, Stance, and Manolo Blahnik, collaborated with Rihanna later on.
As of March 2015, Rihanna has been named the face of Dior; she is the first black woman to hold this position.
The singer assumed the position of creative director at the fashion sportswear brand Puma in 2014. Rihanna is responsible for the brand’s women’s line, which includes apparel and footwear collaborations.
Upon the release of her first trainer with Puma the following year, it sold out online within three hours of its pre-sale launch. During the next two years, Rihanna released a variety of other footwear styles and colorways, which were received favorably by both critics and consumers alike.
In 2016, Rihanna debuted her first clothing collection with Puma at New York Fashion Week; the collection was well-received by fashion critics.
House Or Real Estate
A $13.8 Million Mansion, Beverly Hills, California
She purchased a Beverly Hills mansion built in the 1930s for $13.8 million in March of 2021, making it her most expensive real estate purchase to date. As of last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lived in Tyler Perry’s nearby mansion for a few months, which is not too far from this home. It is located in the Beverly Hills Post Office area.
In addition to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, Madonna, and Mariah Carey have all lived in this particular cul-de-sac at some point.
A $10 Million Mansion, Beverly Hills, California
A few months after purchasing the $13.8 million Beverly Hills mansion, Rihanna spent $10 million on the property directly adjacent. In fact, RiRi has owned and rented plenty of properties over the years, but this is the first time she owns two houses so close to one another.
The home, which is 3,549 square feet in size, was constructed in 1939 and has four bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. It is estimated that the previous owners of this 0.46-acre property made nearly $5 million from the sale of this property in 2015.
An £18,000-Per-Month Rented Home, In London, England
The former residence of Rihanna in London was listed for $41 million last September. Across 6,332 square feet, the 19th-century house features eight bedrooms, a gym, a movie theater, and a private elevator. There are enough parking spaces for up to ten vehicles.
The media reports that Rihanna rented this property for £18,000 per week, translating into approximately $25,000 per month, which means she paid $100,000 a month for her stay. Maybe this home inspired Rihanna’s 2015 hit song “B*tch Better Have My Money”?!
A $415,000-Per-Month Summer Home, In Southampton, New York
Even the pandemic could not prevent Rihanna from retreating to the Hamptons last summer when she was paying $415,000 per month to rent a 6,140-square-foot house.
A star-studded past is also attached to this property. Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian rented the house when filming Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons in 2014. Media reports indicate that RiRi lived in this five-bedroom, six-bathroom home from mid-July to mid-August 2020.
A $925,000 Condo, In Los Angeles, California
According to sources, Rihanna purchased a 2,000-square-foot condo in a Los Angeles high-rise along the Wilshire Corridor for $925,000 in 2015.
A few details are known about the property, but it has been reported that Rihanna’s recent preference for high-rises over mansions is due to trespassers at her Pacific Palisades home, which forced her to leave.
A $21.8 Million Beachfront Condo, Paynes Bay, Barbados
A beachfront property worth $21.8 million was purchased by Rihanna in Barbados in 2013. There are five en-suite bedrooms in this 10,000-square-foot condo at One Sandy Lane, a luxury resort in Paynes Bay.
In the resort, there are only eight apartments of this size, each with a private terrace.
A Luxury Penthouse, Century City, California
One of Rihanna’s primary residences since 2017 has been a penthouse in The Century, a 42-story condominium building that doubles as a skyscraper in Century City. In the same manner, as the aforementioned Los Angeles condo, this property was sought after for safety reasons. There are three layers of security against the paparazzi, as reported in the media.
There is also a 75-foot pool with private furnished cabanas as well as a valet service available 24 hours a day. The cost of RiRi’s penthouse is not clear, but given that other celebrities have lived at The Century, we assume it is not inexpensive.
A $6.8 Million Mediterranean-Style Mansion, Hollywood Hills, California
A Mediterranean-style mansion in Hollywood Hills was purchased by Rihanna for $6.8 million in 2017. Six months after an intruder broke into the home, she listed the property for $7.495 million.
Following months of sitting on the market without a buyer, the songstress opted to rent out the property in 2019. The 7,130-square-foot villa has been available for rental for $35,000 per month ever since.
A $50k-Per-Month Penthouse, New York, New York
Last year, after over ten years on and off the market, a Chinatown penthouse rented by Rihanna from 2013 to 2017 was re-listed for $15.95 million. In 2013, Rihanna rented this four-bedroom duplex for $39,000 a month, according to the media.
As of 2017, she was spending nearly $50,000 per month on rent. The mantra we would adopt if we had to pay that much would be “work, work, work, work, work, work, work.”
A $65k-Per-Month Mansion, In Pacific Palisades, California
Following a stalker situation that forced her to leave, Rihanna lived in a Pacific Palisades mansion for less than nine months in 2012.
According to the media, after being listed for $14.995 million in 2014, the 10-square-foot property sold for $11.75 million in 2016. According to media reports, the singer rented the seven-bedroom, seven-bathroom house for $65,000 a month.
A $2.7 Million Villa, West Hollywood, California
According to media reports, Rihanna purchased a Mediterranean-style villa in West Hollywood for $2.7 million in August 2017. The property was flipped less than three months later and was sold for $2.85 million.
As part of this 2,651-square-foot home, there are four bedrooms and four bathrooms, as well as a guesthouse at the pool with its own bathroom and bedroom.
Rihanna Boyfriends/ Husband And Children
A relationship between Rihanna and American singer Chris Brown began in 2007. Upon the end of their relationship in February 2009, she began a relationship with Canadian rapper Drake that lasted from 2009 to 2016.
In a media interview in January 2013, Rihanna confirmed that she had rekindled her relationship with Brown, despite Brown remains on probation for the domestic violence incident from 2009.
Throughout 2012, persistent media speculation led to their reunion. It was reported in May 2013 that Brown and Rihanna had broken up once more. It was in 2017 that Rihanna began dating Saudi businessman Hassan Jameel. As of January 2020, they have separated.
The American rapper ASAP Rocky confirmed to the press on May 19, 2021, that he and Rihanna are currently engaged in a romantic relationship. In January 2022, it was announced that the couple was expecting their first child. It was announced on May 19, 2022, that Rihanna had given birth to a son.
- In 2005, Rihanna signed a recording contract with DefJam Recordings and released her debut album, “Music of the Sun.” Although it received mixed reviews from critics, the album reached number 10 on the Billboard 200 and sold over two million copies worldwide.
- In the following year, she released her second album, “A Girl Like Me.”. In addition to charting in the top ten in 13 countries, the album also established her as a teenage superstar. In addition to the hit single “SOS”, the album achieved No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- A number of other artists, including Kanye West, Lupe, N.E.R.D., and others, joined her on the Glow in the Dark Tour in 2008. There was critical acclaim for the concert tour, which traveled to Latin America, Asia, Europe, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Her much-anticipated album “Rated R” was released in 2009. This album was well-received by her fans because she adopted a new musical style. During its six-week run atop the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, “Rude Boy” reached No. 4 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In the United States, “A Girl Like Me” reached No. 5 on the Billboard 200 album chart as well as the UK Albums Chart, as well as being very successful in several other countries. The record was certified multi-platinum in Canada, Denmark, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and platinum in the United States, Russia, and Australia.
- In 2010, she experienced a number of significant events. Her album “Loud” became a super hit, leading her to embark on the Loud Tour to promote it further. There were numerous hits produced by “Loud”, including “What’s My Name”, “Only Girl (In the World)”, and “S&M”. She has also contributed vocals to numerous other artists’ songs, including Jay-Z’s “Run This Town”, Eminem’s “Love the Way You Lie”, and Kanye West’s “All of the Lights”.
- In 2011, she released “Talk That Talk”, which was a dance-oriented pop/R&B crossover album that incorporated elements of hip-hop, dubstep, electronica, and house music. A nihilist romantic and a lascivious lover are the main themes of the album. There were three singles featured on the album, “Talk That Talk”, “We Found Love”, and “You da One”.
- Her 2012 album, “Unapologetic”, is primarily a pop and R&B album, incorporating elements of dubstep, hip hop, EDM, and reggae. There were seven singles on the album, including the international hits “Diamonds” and “Stay”. In 2015, she released her most recent album, “Home”.
- Her acting career includes small roles in films such as “This Is the End” (2013), “Annie” (2014), and “Home” (2015). Besides being a musician, she is also a businesswoman, and is a co-owner of the music streaming service Tidal, alongside a number of other music artists.
- Her album “Good Girl Gone Bad” achieved unprecedented success, featuring the international super-hits “Umbrella” and “Don’t Stop the Music”. It reached No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart and was certified multi-platinum in Australia, Canada, Germany, Brazil, Ireland, and Russia.
[table id=5556 /]
- During the summer of 2006, Rihanna made her acting debut in the straight-to-DVD film Bring It On: All or Nothing.
- In her first theatrical feature film Battleship, released on May 18, 2012, Rihanna portrayed Petty Officer (GM2) Cora Raikes.
- As a voice actor, Rihanna appeared alongside Jim Parsons and Jennifer Lopez in the animated feature film Home, which was adapted from Adam Rex’s The True Meaning of Smekday.
- In the fifth and final season of Bates Motel, Rihanna played the recurring role of Marion Crane.
- This film also stars Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne and was released by STX Entertainment on July 21, 2017. In the US, Rihanna was a member of the all-female cast of Ocean’s 8, which was directed by Gary Ross and released by Warner Bros. on June 8, 2018.
- In August 2018, it was reported that Rihanna had been filming a secret project in Cuba titled Guava Island with Donald Glover throughout that summer. Hiro Murai, Glover’s Atlanta collaborator, directed the film with Letitia Wright and Nonso Anozie also contributing.
- At the PHAROS festival in New Zealand, the trailer for the full-length movie premiered on November 24. Guava Island’s exact details were not revealed until April 2019 when advertisements appeared on Spotify indicating something happening on “Saturday Night, April 13”.
[table id=5555 /]
Awards And Achievements
She has received eight Grammy Awards out of 24 nominations. Her first Grammy Award was earned for the single “Umbrella” in 2008, followed by those for “Run This Town” (with Jay-Z & Kanye West) in 2010 and “Only Girl (In the World)” in 2011.
There have been 49 nominations for Rihanna’s 14 Billboard Music Awards. In 2006, she was named the Female Artist of the Year and the Pop 100 Artist of the Year, and in 2011, she was named the Top Female Artist and in 2013, she was named the Top Radio Songs Artist.
Additionally, she is the holder of the Guinness World Record for the most consecutive years with a UK number-one single (2010), the most consecutive years with a U.S. number-one single (2011), and the most consecutive years with a U.S. number-one single (2012).
Facts About Rihanna
- Is Rihanna a smoker? Yes, it is
- Is Rihanna an alcoholic? In fact, yes
- While on a holiday with his wife in Barbados, Evan Rogers saw Rihanna for the first time.
- Rihanna took over the creative process for her third album Good Girl Gone Bad and was unwilling to compromise.
- She has five platinum-certified albums to her name from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Despite the fact that the album was not released properly, Unapologetic won a Grammy and ANTI topped the Billboard 200 chart at the top.
- Rihanna has a number of singles and collaborations that have become the best-selling singles of all time.
- She has sold more than 200 million copies worldwide, making her one of the most successful artists.
- If she were not a singer, she would have preferred to study psychology, although her favorite subjects were mathematics and chemistry.
- There is no artist younger than Rihanna who has won fourteen number-one Billboard Hot 100 Chart-ratings and that as well in the shortest period of her career.
- There are eight Grammys and eight American Music Awards to Rihanna’s credit, as well as two BRIT Awards and the American Music Awards’ inaugural Icon Award.
- A Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to her by the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2014.
- As a child, she was subjected to a great deal of drug abuse and emotional abuse. As her parents divorced when she was fourteen, her father’s addiction to cocaine, crack, and alcohol could have caused her tumor-strong headaches.
- In addition to two dogs, Marley and DJ, Rihanna owns a turtle.
- As a student, Rihanna attended the same school as Carlos Brathwaite and Darren Sammy.
- In school, she was classmates with England and West Indies cricketers Chris Jordan and Kraigg Brathwaite (respectively).
- She requested that her fans refrain from bringing umbrellas to her concerts in order to prevent injuries during her performance.
- Rihanna’s birthday has actually been declared a national holiday in Barbados. The way she expressed her gratitude to her fans was by performing a free concert.
- After checking the prices of the gifts, her mother would return them to her after finding them to be excessively expensive. It would be difficult to return to a five-bedroom house now. She was unable to do so.
- The fragrance line that she offers is called ‘Nude’ and ‘Rebelle’.
- As she prepares for her performances, she always chugs a short or too of dark liquor.
- Katy Perry and Rihanna are good friends, and Rihanna threw her a bachelorette party in Las Vegas.
- The number of tattoos on her body has reached 19 and she is still adding to it. It is no wonder that she enjoys spending time in tattoo parlors.
- There are several wax models of Rihanna around the world, and her legs are insured for $1 million.
- The singer-songwriter was admitted to a sub-military program, where she was an army cadet under the command of the singer.
- In her school’s talent show and beauty pageant, Rihanna won first place.
- She remained on the charts until the end of the year, with her eighth single also hitting the top spot, and was regarded as the “Diva of the Year” for her power and presence on the charts.
- After leaving Def Jam and joining Roc Nation, Rihanna’s album ANTI failed to include her first three singles, “Bitch Betta Have Money”, “American Oxygen” and “Four Five Seconds”. In spite of this, ANTI became her second number-one album on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Despite her distance from her Bajan friends, she maintains contact with them.
- As Barbados’ official tourism ambassador, Rihanna represents the island’s tourism industry.
- In October 2015, Rihanna signed a $25 million contract with Samsung, under which she agreed to sell Samsung Galaxy products and Samsung would support the release of her album ANTI and her World Tour.
- She has a mezzo-soprano voice type, and her vocal range consists of three scales and two notes.
- During the recording of Good Girl Gone Bad, Rihanna took vocal lessons from Ne-Yo. Before this training, she had never received any vocal training.
- Her neighbors began calling her Robyn Redbreast because she would sing Whitney Houston’s songs while brushing her hair.
- She was referred to as the cookie-cutter teen queen by the New York Times due to her ability to switch styles frequently. Her mother is the source of her inspiration for fashion, according to her.
- It was in 2012 that she broke a Guinness World Record by selling 58 million copies of a single.
- A number of artists, including Rihanna, are co-owners of the music streaming service Tidal.
- All of Rihanna’s siblings have names beginning with the letter ‘R’.
- When she was a child, she and her father had a stall where they sold clothes.
- When Jay-Z was already dating Beyonce, she was rumored to be dating him. Although the rumors were false, they helped Rihanna gain some attention.
Rihanna’s voice will fill the theater when the end credits roll on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The singer has released her second single from the soundtrack of the highly anticipated Marvel film, following up “Lift Me Up” with the ballad “Born Again.”
Rihanna is still unmarried, but Rihanna and her partner A$AP Rocky revealed they are parents of a baby boy born in may 2022.
She is the daughter of Monica (née Braithwaite) and Ronald Fenty, a warehouse supervisor. In addition to her mother being Afro-Guyanese, her father is a Barbadian who is of African, Irish, English, and Scottish descent.
From 2009 to 2016, Rihanna and Canadian singer Drake had an on/off relationship, during which they collaborated on songs such as ‘Work,’ ‘Take Care’, and ‘What’s My Name’.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about life journey of Rihanna. Hopefully, Rihanna’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Rihanna.