Peruvian footballer Renato Fabrizio Tapia Cortijo (born 28 July 1995) plays for La Liga club Celta Vigo and the national team as a defensive midfielder. Tapia is of African and Quechua descent, and together with teammate Edison Flores, he campaigned to promote and protect the Quechua people during the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He has been a key player with the Peruvian national team, where he has played in the 2018 World Cup in Russia and three editions of Copa América: United States 2016, Brazil 2019, and Brazil 2021, winning the fourth place prize in the 2021 edition and reaching the continental final in Brazil 2019, where he obtained the silver medal as runner-up.
In 2013, he signed for Twente of the Netherlands and made his professional debut the following year. He signed for Feyenoord Rotterdam in 2016. In addition to winning two Dutch Cups, two Dutch Super Cups, and one Eredivisie, he is a multi-champion. In the history of Dutch football, he won every possible title. RC Celta de Vigo signed him after five years at the club.
Within a short period of time, he earned a place in the Celta de Vigo starting eleven and was a frequent contributor to the team’s performances. During his time at Celta de Vigo, he was awarded three times as the club’s Footballer of the Month, as well as being selected as the club’s best signing for the year 2020. In addition to being a member of the Peruvian national soccer team, he qualified for the 2018 Russian World Cup and ranked among the top five ball retrievers at the 2019 Copa América.
Renato Tapia Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Renato Tapia. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Renato Fabrizio Tapia Cortijo|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Renato Tapia|
|Age||28 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Lima, Peru|
|Date of Birth||28 July 1995|
|Home Town||Lima, Peru|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Nancy Cortijo|
|Father's Name||Luis Tapia|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Andrea Cordero Uzátegui|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Andrea Cordero Uzátegui|
|School||Sporting Cristal youth academy|
|College/University||Esther Grande youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||AGREF|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2020: Celta de Vigo|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2015: Peru national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 14 (Celta de Vigo)|
• 13 (Peru national football team)
|Current Teams||• Celta de Vigo|
• Peru national football team
• Eredivisie: 2016–17
• KNVB Cup: 2015–16, 2017–18
• Johan Cruijff Shield: 2017, 2018
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Tapia is of African and Quechua origin.|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Renato Tapia Net Worth And Salary
In 2023, what will Renato Tapia’s salary be?
In Aug 2020 Renato Tapia signed a contract with Celta de Vigo that ends in 2024 which netted him a whopping salary of £468,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers. This means he earns£1,285 per day and £53 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£468,000|
|Per Month Salary||£39,000|
|Per Week Salary||£9,000|
|Per Day Salary||£1,285|
|Per Hour Salary||£53|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.9|
|Current Contract||With Celta de Vigo|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 4, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||€9.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||€20.00 Million (Mar 19, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Renato Tapia has an estimated net worth of around $2 million, and his market value is about €9.00 million.
Renato Tapia FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Renato Tapia has an overall rating of 79 with a potential of 83. Renato Tapia has got a 3-star skill-move rating.
Renato Tapia FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|74||Heading Accuracy||54||FK Accuracy|
|77||Short Passing||75||Long Passing|
|78||Defensive Awareness||81||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Renato Tapia’s height is 185 cm and his weight is estimated at 78 kg according to our database. Currently, Renato Tapia is playing with the numbers 14 and 13.
Kamil Glik Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In Lima, Peru, Tapia began his football career at Sporting Cristal’s youth team before joining Esther Grande’s academy at the age of twelve.
- During his time at Esther Grande, he was instrumental in the academy’s 1995 Copa Federación title, as well as winning the Best Player Award at the ‘Night of Stars event.
- Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur were interested in his progress at the Esther Grande academy.
- In an interview with Tapia, he revealed that he almost joined Liverpool, but was rejected due to his height.
- In the summer of 2013, Tapia moved to Europe for the first time in his career, signing a four-year contract with Twente of the Eredivisie.
- In the immediate aftermath of joining the club, he was assigned to the club’s reserves, Jong FC Twente.
- As a substitute in the second half for Robbert Schilder, Tapia made his Jong FC Twente debut in a 3-3 draw against De Graafschap on 20 September 2013.
- After an unused substitute appearance two weeks later, on 4 October 2013, Tapia continued to develop at Jong FC Twente and scored his first goal on 22 November 2013, in a 2–1 victory over Willem II.
- During the 2013–14 season, he made 19 appearances, scoring once for Twente’s reserves.
- Tapia was promoted to the first team at Twente after spending a season at Jong FC Twente.
- A substitute for Darryl Lachman in the 80th minute, he made his first-team debut for Twente in the opening game of the season, a 0–0 draw against Cambuur. Within a week, he sustained an ankle injury that prevented him from working for three months.
- On 23 November 2014, he returned to the first team as a late substitute in a 2–1 win over PEC Zwolle. Just eight minutes after coming on as a substitute, Tapia was sent off for a foul on Samuel Armenteros against Willem II on 21 December 2014.
- In a 2–1 win over Cambuur on 31 January 2015, he scored his first goal for the club following a one-match suspension.
- Further, in the season, he scored four more goals against PEC Zwolle, Groningen, and a brace against Go Ahead Eagles.
- In all competitions, he made 22 appearances and scored five goals during his season.
Christian Cueva Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- After the 2014-15 season, Tapia underwent knee surgery, which left him sidelined for the start of the 2015-16 season, costing him a place in the Peruvian squad for the 2015 Copa América.
- However, he returned to the first team after recovering from a knee injury in mid-July.
- As a result, he scored in the opening match of the season, a 1-1 draw against Groningen. After suffering another knee injury in the second half, he was substituted.
- As he recovered from the injury, he played in the first five matches of the season before suffering a knee injury against Ajax on 12 September 2015.
- After suffering a knee injury in early November, he missed one Twente match but recovered in time to represent his country at the World Cup.
- In all competitions, Tapia had made 14 appearances and scored once by the end of the first half of the season.
Renato Tapia With Feyenoord
- After hearing about FC Twente’s financial situation in December 2015, Feyenoord confirmed their interest in signing Tapia. He was reported to be among three players at Twente who would be sold.
- A reported transfer fee of €2.4 million was paid for the transfer on 27 January 2016. Tapia signed a 4.5-year contract with Feyenoord following three years with FC Twente.
- On 7 February 2016, Tapia made his Feyenoord debut, losing 2–1 to Ajax in a rivalry match.
- He was limited to three appearances and was not used as a substitute in the first team.
- For most of the season, he played in the reserve team. Later, he stated that he needed to act faster and simpler in order to earn a first-team opportunity.
- In anticipation of the 2016-17 season, Tapia hoped to establish himself in the first team. As a substitute, he continued to play. After coming on as a substitute in a 4–1 win over Oss on 22 September 2016, he made his first appearance in the second round of the KNVB Cup.
- Just 13 minutes after coming on as a substitute, he scored in his first league appearance of the season, in a 2–0 victory over Willem II on 2 October 2016.
Marco Tilio Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Renato Tapia At Celta de Vigo
A four-year contract with Tapia was announced by La Liga side Celta de Vigo on 20 July 2020.
- In addition to being selected by Peru’s U17 team for the South American Under-17 Football Championship, Tapia was also selected by Peru’s U20 team for the South American Youth Football Championship.
- Tapia was called up for the first time by Peru’s senior team in March 2015.
- A 2–2 draw against Venezuela marked his debut on 1 April 2015.
- An injury prevented him from participating in the Copa América with the Peruvian team.
- Even so, he was selected for the Copa América Centenario squad and played in all four matches.
- On 7 September 2016, Tapia scored his first Peruvian goal in a 2–1 victory over Ecuador.
- A provisional 24-man Peruvian World Cup squad was announced in May 2018.
Adam Buksa Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Renato Tapia is 28 years old as of 2023.
Renato Tapia is 185 cm or 6 ft 1 inch tall.
Renato Tapia’s preferred foot is right.
Renato Tapia is from Peru.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Renato Tapia worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Renato Tapia has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Mitchell Duke Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Olyroos, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Renato Tapia’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Renato Tapia.