The Polish professional footballer Kamil Jacek Glik (born 3 February 1988) plays as a centre-back for Serie B club Benevento and the Polish national team. From 2008 to 2010, Glik played for Piast Gliwice, Palermo from 2010 to 2011, Torino from 2011 to 2016 and Monaco from 2017 to 2020, both of which he also captains. As a representative of Poland, he competed in UEFA Euro 2016, the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and Euro 2020. Kamil Glik’s paternal grandfather, Walter Glück, was an Upper Silesian and a German citizen who served in the Wehrmacht during World War II.
He stayed in what became Poland after the war. In addition to his Polish citizenship, Glik also holds German citizenship. It appears that in his German documents, his surname is written out in the original German version Glück instead of the polonized version Glik. Despite this, Glik has repeatedly said he feels no connection to Germany and is 100% Polish. He has a daughter with Marta, whom he has known since elementary school. The Italian rapper Willie Peyote dedicated a song titled “Glik” to him in 2013.
Kamil Glik Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Kamil Glik. It gives you the ability to read through the Polish footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Kamil Jacek Glik|
|Nick Name/Popular Name||Terribile Polacco|
|Age||34 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Jastrzębie-Zdrój, Poland|
|Date of Birth||3 February 1988|
|Home Town||Jastrzębie-Zdrój, Poland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Grażyna Glik|
|Father's Name||Jacek Glik|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- 2- Victoria Glik (Another Daughter Name Is Not Available)|
Sons- Not Available
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||KFM|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Benevento Calcio|
|Debut International||• 2010: Poland national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 15 (Benevento Calcio)|
• 15 (Poland national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Benevento Calcio|
• Poland national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm|
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet inches- 6'3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Polish|
|Hair Color||Light Blonde|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Kamil Glik Net Worth
In 2022, what will Kamil Glik’s salary be?
In Sep 2020 Kamil Glik signed a contract with Benevento Calcio that ends in 2023 that netted him a whopping salary of £900,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,466 per day and £103 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£900,000|
|Per Month Salary||£75,000|
|Per Week Salary||£17,310|
|Per Day Salary||£2,466|
|Per Hour Salary||£103|
|Per Minute Salary||£1.7|
|Current Contract||With Benevento Calcio|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 1, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||£2.70 Million|
|Market Value||£2.70 Million|
|Highest Market Value||£18.00 Million (Jan 24, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about £900 thousand.
Jan Bednarek Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Kamil Glik FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Kamil Glik is currently 34 years old and plays as a Defender – Centre-Back for Benevento Calcio. He has an overall rating of 72 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 72. Kamil Glik has got a 2-star skillmoves rating.
Kamil Glik FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|77||Heading Accuracy||26||FK Accuracy|
|63||Short Passing||63||Long Passing|
|71||Defensive Awareness||71||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is the one he prefers to use when shooting. In terms of his workrates, he has a medium/medium level. Kamil Glik is 190 cm tall and he weighs about 80 kg since we have gathered information from our database. Currently, Kamil Glik is playing with number 15 at the moment.
Jason Denayer Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Glik started his career in the youth ranks of MOSiR Jastrzbie Zdrój and WSP Wodzisaw lski, then moved on loan to LKS Silesia Lubomia.
- He moved from WSP Wodzislaw lski to Horadada in Spain in 2006, where he was noticed by Real Madrid’s “C” team. He played there for two seasons, until 2008.
- Piast Gliwice signed him to a four-year contract on 6 August 2008.
- When he came on as a substitute on 30 August 2008, he made his debut.
- As a result, he became a regular starter for the team.
- In his first season with the club, he played 26 games and scored 2 goals in 28 games.
- After the season, it was reported that he had begun talks with U.S. Città di Palermo; on 7 July 2010 he signed with Sicilian club, who purchased him outright on a five-year contract.
- Within seven days, Lega Serie A finalized the transfer.
- As a starter, he made his Rosaneri debut against Slovenia’s Maribor in the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League play-off round.
- In addition, it was his first official appearance in an international club competition.
- Despite making his Europa League debut, he was almost never included in the first team, and only made three more appearances until the winter break.
- A few days before the official reopening of the transfer market, Palermo granted him an exemption and allowed him to train with his new team, Bari, until 28 December.
- He moved to Bari until the end of the season, strongly supported by coach Giampiero Ventura.
- As a starter in the Puglia derby, Lecce Bari (0–1), his debut in the Italian top division, the contract was signed on 4 January 2011.
- He played 16 league games and one Coppa Italia game for the Galletti.
- During the 35th round, he received a red card and a three-match ban, effectively ending his season.
- When he returned to Palermo, he was not called up for the summer retreat, so he was put on the market.
Simon Kjær Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Having already supported Torino’s training camp, he signed a co-ownership deal with Turin for €300,000.
- As a starter, he made his Coppa Italia debut on 13 August against Torino Lumezzane (1–0).
- In the 34th round, he scored in the match Torino – Reggina, which was suspended due to bad weather (the result did not change).
- After playing 23 league games (with 2 goals) and one Coppa Italia game, he was promoted to Serie A.
- With a header following a corner, he scored his first goal in Serie A on 31 October 2012 away to Lazio.
- There was a 1-1 draw in the match. During the 2012–13 season, he played in his first derby, collecting two appearances and three expulsions (the first player to be sent-off in both legs of a derby in league history).
- As a result of Torino’s acquisition of his remaining contract from Palermo, the co-ownership was resolved on 20 June with a fee of €1.5 million.
- Upon the departure of Rolando Bianchi, Glik was appointed captain for the 2013-14 season.
- Against Lazio in Turin, he scored a 1–0 winning goal on 9 December 2013.
- His season ended with 34 league appearances, two goals, and an appearance in the Coppa Italia after Torino qualified for the UEFA Europa League after Parma failed to obtain a UEFA license. His contract was renewed until 2017 on 25 May 2014.
- The first leg of the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League, played on 31 July 2014, was won by the Granata 3–0 against the Swedes Brommapojkarna.
- As part of his 100th game for Torino, he scored the momentary 1–1 in an away match against Cagliari on 24 September 2014. Torino would win the match against the Sardinians 2–1.
- In a 2–1 comeback win over Genoa on 21 December 2014, he scored his first brace in Serie A. He equalized against Milan on 10 January 2015, and he scored the winning goal against Napoli on 1 March.
- Against Zenit Saint Petersburg on 19 March, he scored his first Europa League goal with a header.
- The goal brought Torino to 1–0, but not enough to overcome the 2-goal deficit from the first leg. It was his second goal that gave Atalanta a momentary two-goal lead over him on 5 April (the game would end 2–1).
- He renewed his contract with the Piedmontese club until 2020 on 20 December 2015.
- For Torino, he played 171 matches and scored 13 goals.
- Glik was sold to Monaco on 4 July 2016 for €11 million plus €4 million in bonuses.
- A statement on media stated, “It has been a wonderful five years, intense, full of emotions and mutual satisfaction.”
- President Cairo and Torino FC wish Glik the best of luck in his career.”
- With their first and only shot on target of the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League Group E encounter against Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco snagged a 1–1 home draw in their match against Bayer Leverkusen with a half-volley from the edge of the penalty box in stoppage time of the second half.
- With 36 appearances and 6 goals, Glik played a major role in Monaco’s 2016–17 Ligue 1 title win.
Kamil Glik At Benevento
An agreement to sign Glik from Monaco on a three-year contract was announced by Benevento on 11 August 2020.
- As a member of the Poland under-21 team, Glik made 14 appearances and scored three goals.
- In 2010, Kamil Glik made his senior national team debut after being called up without playing a game on 18 December 2009.
- The first Piast Gliwice player to be called up to the Polish national team was Glik.
- His debut came on 20 January 2010 in the King’s Cup against Thailand, scoring 43 minutes into the game, which Thailand won 3-1.
- In a 2014 World Cup Qualifying match against England, he scored the equalizing goal on 17 October 2012.
- As part of Poland’s Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and Euro 2016 campaign, he played a key role.
- During the tournament, he cleared the most balls out of any other player, and scored two penalties in two penalty shoot-outs, one against Switzerland and one against eventual champions Portugal.
Ricardo Rodriguez Bio, Age, Family, Height, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Kamil Glik
- His primary position is that of a center-back.
- During his youth, Kamil Glik played for WSP Wodzislaw Soloski.
- He joined them at the age of 12 and played for them for five years. He moved to Silesia Lubomia on loan in 2005.
- In 14 appearances for the Poland U21 team, he has scored three goals.
- On 20 January 2010, the tall Polish made his international debut for Poland against Thailand.
- During the 2014 World Cup qualifiers in 2012, Euro 2016 Cup Qualifiers and Euro 2016, he was pivotal to Poland’s success.
- During the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers, Glik scored the equalizer against England. In 2016, he made another mark for the Polish national team.
- It was his clearances that made him the most valuable player at Euro 2016. In both penalty shoot-outs, one against Portugal and one against Switzerland, he scored a goal.
- In 2006, Glik signed with Horadada. After one year with Real Madrid C, he soon shifted to Real Madrid B. During his time with them, he made 18 appearances.
- After moving to Piast Gliwice in 2008, he became a coach there. As a player, he stayed there until 2010. A total of 2 goals were scored by Glik in 54 appearances.
- Towards the end of the 2010 season, he moved again to Palermo and was loaned out to Bari. For them, he made 16 appearances.
- In 2011, he shifted to Torino F.C.for €3,000,000 as part of a co-ownership deal.. He remained there for several years. During his time with the Italian club, he made 171 appearances. 13 goals have been scored by him for Torino. From 2013-14, he captained the team.
- A transfer of €11 million plus bonuses of €4 million brought Glik to Monaco. As of now, he is playing for the team under a four-year contract. To date, he has scored nine goals in 67 appearances.
- Kamil Glik captained the Torino F.C. during his three-year tenure. Under his captaincy, the team qualified for the UEFA Europa League in 2013.
- In 2016-17, he was named to the UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
- Glik is a tall center back with good mobility as well as great physicality; his greatest strength is undoubtedly his aerial ability, both in marking and on-set pieces.
- On the pitch, he is also known for his leadership.
How old is Kamil Glik?
Kamil Glik is 34 years old.
How tall is Kamil Glik?
Kamil Glik is 190 cm tall.
Which is Kamil Glik’s preferred foot?
Kamil Glik’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Kamil Glik from?
Kamil Glik is from Poland.
Kamil Grosicki Biography, Age, Wife, FIFA 22, Transfer, Salary, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Kamil Glik worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Kamil Glik has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Polish footballer. Hopefully, Kamil Glik’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Kamil Glik.