The Australian professional soccer player Marco Tilio (born 23 August 2001) plays as a forward for A-League club Melbourne City as well as for the Australian national football team as a forward in the midfield position. Currently, Tilio plays in the forward position for Melbourne City and has been a member of the club since the year 2020. As a member of the club, he wears jersey number 23.
Since 2021, Marco Tilio has been playing for his national team representing Australia as an Under-20 player, and as an Under-23 player for his national team 2021. Marco Tilio was called up by Australia for the 2019 AFF U-18 Youth Championship; he scored a hat trick in the 2019 AFF U-18 Youth Championship.
Marco Tilio Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Marco Tilio. It gives you the ability to read through the Australian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Marco Tilio|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Tilio|
|Age||22 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Born Place||Hurstville, Australia|
|Date of Birth||23 August 2001|
|Home Town||Hurstville, Australia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham|
|College/University||Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham|
|Educational Qualification||pursuing for graduation|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||CAA Base Ltd|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Melbourne City FC|
|Debut International||• 2019: Australia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 23 (Melbourne City FC)|
• 19 (Australia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Melbourne City FC|
• Australia national football team
|Position||Attack – Right Winger|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’5″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 67 kg|
in pounds- 147 lbs
|Chest Size||39 inches|
|Biceps Size||10 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Australian|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||5 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||7 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marco Tilio Net Worth
In 2023, what will Marco Tilio’s salary be?
In Sep 2020 Marco Tilio signed a contract with Melbourne City FC that extended on 20 Oct 2021 and ends in 2024 netting him a whopping salary of £38,460 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £105 per day and £4.4 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$3.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$3 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£38,460|
|Per Month Salary||£3,205|
|Per Week Salary||£739|
|Per Day Salary||£105|
|Per Hour Salary||£4.4|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.07|
|Current Contract||With Melbourne City FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 10, 2020 (extended on Oct 20, 2021)|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||$990 Thousand|
|Highest Market Value||$990 Thousand (May 6, 2022)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Marco Tilio has an estimated net worth of around $3.5 Million, and his market value is about $990 thousand.
Marco Tilio FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
An attack right winger for Melbourne City in Australia, Marco Tilio is currently 22 years old. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 63 with a potential of 76. Tilio received a 3-star rating for his skillmoves.
Marco Tilio FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|40||Heading Accuracy||49||FK Accuracy|
|59||Short Passing||45||Long Passing|
|31||Defensive Awareness||47||Sliding Tackle|
His left foot is his preferred shooting foot. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Tilio has a height of 170 cm and a weight of 67 kg. Marco Tilio is currently playing numbers 23 and 19.
- At 17, Tilio made his professional debut in the 2019 AFC Champions League, replacing Anthony Caceres in the 74th minute as Kawasaki Frontale lost 4–0, eliminating them from the competition.
- For the 2019–20 A-League season, he was promoted to the first-team squad on 4 September 2019.
- Tilio was a member of the Sydney FC Youth team that won the 2019–20 Y-League championship.
- During the 2020 Y-League Grand Final on 31 January 2020, he played 85 minutes and scored a brace.
- With 11 goals from nine games, he won the league’s Golden Boot award.
- Sydney won 3–0 against Central Coast Mariners in Round 20 thanks to a Tilio goal in the 89th minute and an assist from Harry Van Der Saag in the 91st minute. Tilio made his first A-League appearance as a substitute in the 88th minute.
- After rejecting a contract extension, Tilio left Sydney at the end of the 2019–20 A-League season.
Transfer To Melbourne City
- Melbourne City announced on 21 September 2020 that Tilio had signed a three-year contract.
- On 3 January 2021, he made his Melbourne City debut against Adelaide United.
- It was Tilio’s first goal for Melbourne City in the A-League in his eighth appearance for the club on 5 April 2021.
In 2019, Tilio was called up to the Australia squad for the 2019 AFF U-18 Youth Championship, where he made his international debut.
As a 17-year-old, Tilio played his first international match against the Vietnam U-20s at the 2019 AFF U-18 Youth Championship group stage, scoring a hat trick in the 1st, 34th, and 90th minutes.
After coming on as a substitute in the 80th minute, Tilio scored his first goal for the Olyroos in a 2–0 win against Argentina on 22 July 2021.
Facts About Marco Tilio
- As a 17-year-old, Marco made his international debut in the 2019 AFC Champions League.
- During the 2019 AFF U-18 Youth Championship group stage, Marco scored a hat trick against Vietnam’s U-20 team.
- Marcos was the youngest Australian footballer to make it to the Olympics and score a goal despite being five years younger than the ideal age for being an Olympian.
- It has been said that Marco Tilio works well under pressure because he likes to do things quickly. When called upon to play against Argentina, he made an immediate impact.
- During Australia’s game against Argentina, Marco impressed his coach, teammates, and indeed all spectators with a long-range goal.
- Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona of Argentina heavily influence Marco Tilio’s football style.
- He acknowledges that despite his height challenges, he learned from them both how to be a great footballer.
Marco Tilio is an Australian professional soccer player.
He was born in Hurstville, a suburb in Southern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Marco Tilio is Left-footed.
Marco Tilio plays as a forward for the A-League club Melbourne City and Australia national football team.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Marco Tilio worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Marco Tilio has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Australian footballer. Hopefully, Marco Tilio’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you find anything fishy in the article on Marco Tilio.