Danish professional footballer Mathias Jensen (born 1 January 1996) competes for both the Denmark national team and Premier League side Brentford as a midfielder. The Nordsjaelland academy produced Jensen, who started his senior career with the team in 2016.
He moved to Celta Vigo in 2018 after serving as a team regular for two seasons. He moved to Brentford after a season marred by injuries in 2018–19 and was a member of the group that won promotion to the Premier League in 2021. Jensen, a former youth international for Denmark, debuted for his full country in 2020.
Mathias Jensen Bio/Wiki
[table id=5241 /]
- EFL Championship play-offs: 2021
- Danish Talent of the Year: 2017
- FC Nordsjælland Player of the Year: 2017–18
Mathias Jensen Net Worth
The range of Mathias Jensen’s net worth or income is thought to be between €2,400,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5243 /]
Mathias Jensen FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Mathias Jensen has an overall rating of 74 and his potential is also 77.
[table id=5242 /]
- Jensen, a midfielder, graduated from Nordsjaelland’s youth and signed a three-year professional deal in January 2015.
- He was promoted to the first team roster for the 2015–16 season and made five appearances, making one goal, which came in a 2-2 tie with Randers on May 1, 2016, during the campaign.
- Before 2017–18 proved to be his breakout season, Jensen was a regular in the 2016–17 campaign, recording 22 appearances.
- His accomplishments were recognized by the DBU and his club, with the DBU 2017 Talent of the Year and FC Nordsjlland Player of the Year awards, respectively.
- He made 36 appearances, scored 12 goals, and was given the captaincy, and all of these things were noted in his résumé.
- In August 2018, Jensen left Nordsjlland after three early 2018–19 outings.
- Jensen moved to Spain on August 8 and signed a five-year contract with La Liga team Celta Vigo.
- He only made six appearances during the injury-plagued 2018–19 season before leaving the team in July 2019.
- On July 10, 2019, Jensen relocated to England and signed a four-year deal with the option of an extra year with Championship team Brentford for an unknown sum, which was reported £3.5 million.
- The 2019–20 season, which was capped off with a loss in the 2020 Championship play-off Final, saw him make 43 appearances and score one goal.
- During the 2020–21 season, Jensen made a career-high 53 games, and he celebrated his promotion to the Premier League by winning the 2021 Championship Play-Off Final.
- Jensen missed the first three games of the regular season as well as the entirety of Brentford’s 2021–22 preseason due to a “badly gashed” foot he sustained while serving on international service.
- Jensen only made 35 appearances while being limited to a combination of starter and substitute roles.
- Between the U18 and U21 levels, Jensen made 30 appearances and scored 3 goals for Denmark.
- He participated in the Danish teams at the European U21 Championships in 2017 and 2019.
- Jensen was included in the senior team’s preliminary 35-man World Cup squad but was left out of the final roster.
- As a late substitute for injured Brentford colleague Christian Nrgaard in a three-match series in October 2020, Jensen was called up to the main Denmark squad.
- On October 7, he started in his first full international match, a 4-0 friendly victory over the Faroe Islands, and on October 15, in his fifth game, an 8-0 victory over Moldova in a 2022 World Cup qualifying match, he netted his first full international goal.
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 180 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Brentford FC, his net worth is €2,400,000 (as of 2023).