Croatian footballer Lovro Majer (born 17 January 1998) plays in the attacking midfield for Ligue 1 club Rennes and for the national team. The island of Ugljan is home to his father, Egon Majer, from Preko. Majer began his football career with Dinamo Zagreb. At the age of 12, he left the team. Having passed through Dubrava and Trnje youth teams, Majer joined Lokomotiva in 2013. In 2020, Rennes signed him from Dynamo Zagreb, where he joined in 2018 from Lokomotiva.
Lovro was named Best Player of the Year and Prva HNL Team of the Year in 2018. In a 2-1 friendly win over Mexico on 20 May 2017, Lovro played the last three minutes for the senior Croatia team. Despite being included in Zlatka Dalic’s preliminary 34-man squad for Euro 2020, Lovro did not make the final 26. As part of the 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign, Lovro scored the first two goals of his career for the national team in a 7-1 victory over Malta.
Lovro Majer Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Lovro Majer. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
[table id=4332 /]
Lovro Majer Net Worth
In 2023, what will Lovro Majer’s salary be?
In Aug 2021 Lovro Majer signed a contract with Stade Rennais FC that ends in 2026 that netting him a whopping salary of £2,238,100 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,149 per day and £256 per hour!
[table id=4333 /]
His earnings are on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Lovro Majer has an estimated net worth of around $3 Million, and his market value is about $22.00 million.
Lovro Majer FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Lovro Majer is 25 years old and plays for Stade Rennais FC in France. He has an overall rating of 79 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 84. In terms of skill moves, Majer has a rating of 4 stars.
[table id=4334 /]
With his left foot, he prefers to shoot. He has a high/medium work rate. According to our database, Majer’s height is 176 cm and his weight is 75 kg. Lovro Majer plays with the number 21 at the moment.
- Majer was called up to the Lokomotiva first team in 2016.
- Against Santa Coloma in the UEFA Europa League qualifying phase on 30 June 2016, Majer made his senior team debut, replacing Eros Grezda in the 76th minute.
- As a replacement for Ivan Fiolic in the 55th minute of Prva HNL matchday 1, he made his debut against Dinamo Zagreb on 17 July 2016.
- In the second round of the Croatian Football Cup, he scored in the 69th minute against Vinogradar on 25 October 2016. Lokomotiva advanced to the quarterfinals thanks to his goal.
- The club won for the first time after 28 attempts when Majer scored a brace in a 4–1 away victory over Dinamo Zagreb on 10 March.
- For his performances in the 2017-2018 Prva HNL season, Majer was awarded the Croatian Football Federation’s Best Young Footballer award on 8 June 2018.
- Newcastle United and Sampdoria expressed interest in him during his time at Lokomotiva.
Lovro Majer At Dinamo Zagreb
- Majer signed for Dinamo Zagreb on 27 June 2018 and chose shirt number 10.
- On 27 July, he suffered an ankle injury while making his Dinamo league debut against Rudes. After undergoing surgery, he missed the first half of the season.
- During Nenad Bjelica’s tenure at the club, Majer did not receive many chances. The majority of his success was due to the performance of his teammate Dani Olmo.
- During the Croatian Super Cup on 13 July 2019, Majer received two yellow cards within three minutes after being substituted for Izet Hajrovic.
- Dinamo lost 4–1 to Manchester City on 11 December in his Champions League debut.
- Dinamo prevented Majer from signing for Birmingham City in July 2020 due to his dissatisfaction with his position on the team.
- The new coach Zoran Mamic relied more on Majer after both Bjelica and his successor Igor Jovicevic were fired. Majer scored the first goal and assisted Mario Cuze in scoring the second goal in a 2–0 victory over Varazdin on 24 July 2020.
- Dinamo refused to sell Majer to Osijek ahead of the 2020–21 season, so Osijek attempted to sign him.
- As part of a 6–0 victory over his former club Lokomotiva on 16 August, he scored a brace.
- Milan scouts watched Majer in the Europa League match against Feyenoord on 22 October following his good performances at the beginning of the season.
- A COVID-19 test on 16 November resulted in Majer missing Osijek’s derby against Bjelica’s Osijek on 21 November.
- As Dinamo topped their Europa League group with Majer scoring twice and assisting three times, Majer was praised for his performances.
- A new contract was signed by Majer on 21 December, tying him to the club until 2026.
- Zenit Saint Petersburg, Fiorentina, and Marseille expressed interest in Majer during the winter transfer window, but Dinamo refused to sell the player.
- Majer made his 100th and final appearance for Dinamo on 25 August 2021, against Sheriff Tiraspol in the Champions League play-offs.
Lovro Majer Transfer To Rennes
- Ligue 1 side Rennes signed Majer to a five-year deal with add-ons on 26 August 2021.
- In Angers 2–0 loss three days later, he made his league debut as a substitution for Benjamin Bourigeaud.
- The 4–1 victory over Lyon on 7 November marked Majer’s breakthrough performance as a key member of the team during the autumn.
- Rennes defeated Montpellier 2–0 in league play on 20 November.
- In Rennes’ 5–0 win over Saint-Etienne on 5 December, he assisted Martin Terrier on his hat-trick and set up Yvann Macon’s own goal.
- Majer was named to L’Équipe’s Ligue 1 team of the season after accumulating six goals and nine assists during the season.
- On 28 May 2017, Majer made his senior Croatia debut in a 2–1 friendly win over Mexico.
- Nenad Gracan named him to his 23-man squad for UEFA Under-21 Euro 2019 on 7 June 2019.
- A 3–3 draw with England in the group stage was his only appearance in the group stage.
- Igor Biscan named him again to Igor Biscan’s 23-man squad for UEFA Under-21 Euro 2021 on 9 March 2021.
- As a result of a minor injury, he spent most of the tournament on the bench, but he provided Domagoj Bradaric with an assist in Croatia’s only goal in the 2–1 defeat to England in its final group match. Due to a better goal difference, Croatia advanced to the knockout stage.
- Zlatko Dalic included him in his preliminary 34-man squad for Euro 2020 on 17 May 2021, but he did not make the final 26.
- In the 2022 World Cup qualifying match against Malta on 11 November 2021, Majer scored two goals for the national team.
Is Lovro Majer good?
Lovro Majer’s progression numbers are also impressive. A baller carrier through midfield, he completes 7.2 progressive carries and successfully receives 4 progressive passes. It would be helpful if he improved his progressive passing, which at worst is average with only four progressive passes.
Where does Lovro Majer play?
Croatian attacking midfielder Lovro Majer plays for Ligue 1 club Rennes and the national team.
How old is Lovro Majer?
Lovro Majer is 25 years old as of 2023.
How tall is Lovro Majer?
Lovro Majer is 176 cm tall. Or 5 ft 9 in.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Lovro Majer worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Lovro Majer has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Lovro Majer’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Lovro Majer.