Masour Ousmane Dembele represents the France national team and La Liga club Barcelona as a forward. Dembele, born in Vernon, began his career at Rennes before joining Dortmund in 2016. As a member of die Borussen, he won the DFB-Pokal in the 2016–17 season, scoring a goal in the final. He transferred to Barcelona for an initial fee of €105 million, becoming at the time the second most expensive footballer ever alongside his compatriot Paul Pogba.
He won the La Liga and Copa del Rey double in an injury-riddled first season in Spain. The 2016 season marked Dembele’s debut for France at the senior level, having won 20 caps and scored five goals at the youth level. A member of the France squad that won the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he also played in the UEFA Euro 2020.
- Andriy Shevchenko Biography, Age, Wife, Teams, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Arjen Robben Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Net Worth & Wiki
Ousmane Dembele Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Masour Ousmane Dembélé|
|Nick Name||• Mosquito|
|Age||25 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Vernon, France|
|Date of Birth||15 May 1997|
|Home Town||Vernon, France|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother's Name||Fatimata Dembélé|
|Father's Name||Ousmane Dembélé Snr.|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Moroccan Woman (Name Not Known)|
|Marriage Date||24 December 2021|
|Educational Qualification||Ousmane Dembélé started his soccer journey at the youth setup of Madeleine Évreux. At the age of 12, he joined Évreux FC 27. A year later, he joined the youth academy of Rennes.|
|Career Manager||Ousmane Dembélé is represented by Badou Sambague.|
|Debut Club||• 2017: FC Barcelona |
• July 1, 2016: Borussia Dortmund
• July 1, 2015: Stade Rennais F.C.
|Debut International||2016: France national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 7 (FC Barcelona)|
• 11 (France national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• FC Barcelona|
• France national football team
• Ball Control
• Technical Ability
• Sometimes holds the ball for too long
• Lack of discipline
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 67 kg|
in pounds- 148 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Black, On his father’s side, he has Malian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Mauritanian and Senegalese ancestry.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Short cropped hairdo|
• High cheekbones
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9.5 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Mercedes S63 AMG coupé|
|Favorite Video Games||Mario Kart, NBA Live 18, and FIFA 2017|
|Favorite Music Artist||MHD|
|Favorite Action Hero ||Chuck Norris|
|Favorite Fashion Brands||Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana|
|Favorite TV Series||Narcos|
In Normandy, Dembele was born in Vernon, Eure. His mother is of Mauritanian and Senegalese descent, and his father is from Mauritania. Between the ages of 12 and 13, he made his first steps in football at ALM Évreux and then at Évreux FC 27.
Dembele is a fan of Leeds United of the Premier League. In July 2021, Dembele was embroiled in a racism controversy, when a video of him along with fellow teammate Antoine Griezmann was circulated online, in which he was seen making derogatory racial comments toward Asian technicians in their hotel room.
As the technicians appeared to be troubleshooting the room’s television, Dembele made comments towards Griezmann in French, stating “All these ugly faces, just so you can play PES, aren’t you ashamed?”, continuing with “What the fu*kin language?” before zooming in while laughing on one of the technicians faces, mentioning “Are you technologically advanced in your country or not?”.
Dembele married a Moroccan woman in a traditional ceremony in Morocco in December 2021.
- Andreas Maxsø Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Daniel Sturridge Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Ousmane Dembele Net Worth
As of now in 2022, Ousmane Dembele’s estimated net worth is $8 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£60,516,560|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||£40,516,560|
|Market Value||$33.00 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Mercedes S63 AMG coupé|
• Range Rover
• Mercedes G63
• K-Wheels City Bike
The young footballer is one of the most popular of his generation. Dembele has great potential and has a chance to become one of the best players in the world. Ousmane Dembele has a net worth of more than $8 million. Ousmane Dembele’s net worth includes his salary, endorsements, sponsorship deals, and other advertisements.
- Dembele made his senior debut for Rennes’ reserve side in the Championnat de France Amateur, on 6 September 2014. He came on as a 78th-minute substitute for Zana Allée.
- Alseny Kourouma scored the second goal in the second half as the reserves of Breton rivals Guingamp defeated them 2–0 at home.
- On 9 November, he again came off the bench to score his first career goal at the Stade de la Piverdière, this time against the Laval reserves. It took him 18 games to score 13 goals in his first season, including a hat-trick on 16 May 2015 in a 6-1 victory over Hérouville.
- Dembele made his professional debut for Rennes against Angers on 6 November 2015, replacing Kamil Grosicki for the last five minutes of the game.
- Against Bordeaux on 22 November, he opened a 2–2 draw at Roazhon Park with his first Ligue 1 goal.
- Dembele scored yet again for Les Rouges et Noirs on 9 January 2016, as they came from 0-2 down to draw 2–2 against regional rivals Lorient at home.
- In the Derby Breton on 6 March, he scored his first Ligue 1 hat-trick in a 4–1 victory over Nantes.
- Rennes’ sporting director Mikaël Silvestre compared Dembele to Cristiano Ronaldo, who he had seen at Manchester United at the same age.
- Dembele signed a five-year contract with German club Borussia Dortmund on 12 May 2016. In the DFL-Supercup on 14 August 2016, he made his debut in a 2–0 loss against Bayern Munich. At the Volkswagen Arena, Dortmund defeated VfL Wolfsburg 5–1 on 20 September 2016 to score his first goal for Die Borussen.
- As the German club defeated Legia Warsaw 8–4 in a group stage match on 22 November 2016, he scored his first Champions League goal.
- He helped Dortmund reach the DFB-Pokal final by assisting Aubameyang’s goal and scoring the winner in the 74th minute against Bayern Munich in the semi-final on 26 April 2017.
- In the decisive game on 27 May, he scored the first goal of a 2–1 win as Dortmund clinched their first major title in five years by beating Eintracht Frankfurt in the 2017 DFB-Pokal Final.
- Dembele was later named Man of the Match. After the season ended, Dembele was named to the Bundesliga Team of the Season and won the league’s Rookie of the Season award.
- Barcelona announced on 25 August 2017 that they had signed Dembele for €105 million-plus a reported €40 million add-on.
- After a medical on 28 August, he signed a five-year contract with a buyout clause of €400 million. As Barcelona had just sold Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for €222 million, Dembele became the joint-second most expensive player (in euros), along with Paul Pogba.
- The sale resulted in a reported €20 million payment to Rennes, and Évreux 27 was also entitled to a portion of it. The number 11 jersey that previously belonged to Neymar was handed to him.
- On 9 September, Dembele made his debut at the Camp Nou as a 68th-minute substitute during a 5–0 victory over Espanyol in the Barcelona Derbi. He assisted Luis Suárez’s final goal.
- He was ruled out for four months after injuring his hamstring in his first league start eight days later at Getafe. On 2 January 2018, he was given the medical all-clear, but he injured himself again against Real Sociedad a couple of weeks later, and he was ruled out for up to four weeks.
- Dembele scored his first goal for Barcelona on 14 March 2018, scoring the second goal in a 3–0 victory against Chelsea in the Champions League round of 16. He scored his first La Liga goal for Barcelona on 17 April, scoring the opening goal in a 2–2 draw with Celta Vigo.
- Dembele netted two goals in a 5–1 home win over Villarreal on 9 May, marking the first time in his career that he has scored two goals. Dembele won both the Copa del Rey and La Liga in his first season in Spain, scoring four goals in 24 appearances across all competitions.
- On 25 August, he scored the only goal of the game against Real Valladolid, away at José Zorrilla.
- On 2 September, Dembele scored his first home goal of the season as the Blaugrana thrashed newly-promoted Huesca 8–2. Dembele scored his third match-winning goal of the season in a 2–1 away win over Real Sociedad at the Anoeta on 15 September.
- Dembele scored his first Champions League goal of the season on 18 September, helping Barça defeat PSV Eindhoven 4–0 at Camp Nou. A substitute against Real Madrid on 28 October, Dembele assisted Arturo Vidal’s final goal in a 5–1 home El Clásico triumph. A week later, once again appearing from the bench, he inspired Barcelona to a 3–2 comeback away at Rayo Vallecano, scoring the 2–2 equalizer with a half-volley in the 87th minute.
- It was on 11 December that year that he scored a remarkable solo goal against Tottenham Hotspur after outpacing many defenders and finishing with a cool left-footed shot past Hugo Lloris. The goal won him the UEFA Champions League Goal of the Week award. Ernesto Valverde complimented the youngster after the match, saying, “He has made a great goal, within reach of players of his talent.”
- He scored his second brace for the Blaugrana at the start of the new year. Dembele scored twice in a 3–0 win against Levante, with Messi scoring the other goal to advance to the next round of the Copa del Rey.
- Dembele’s third Champions League goal for Barcelona was on 13 March in a 5–1 win against Lyon. The match was played the Camp Nou scoring the last goal from a Messi assist.
- In the opening match of the 2019–20 La Liga season, a 0–1 defeat to Athletic Bilbao, Dembele injured his left hamstring and was expected to miss five weeks.
- He suffered a serious hamstring tear in February 2020, and, following surgery, was not expected to return for six months. As a result, he would miss the remainder of the season regardless of the extension of the season for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dembele scored his first Champions League goal of the season in a 2–0 victory over Juventus on 28 October 2020.
- In August 2016, Dembele was called up to the senior France squad for the first time to face Italy and Belarus after Alexandre Lacazette and Nabil Fekir withdrew due to injury.
- He made his debut against the former on 1 September at the Stadio San Nicola, replacing Antoine Griezmann for the final 27 minutes of a 3–1 friendly victory over Italy.
- Dembele scored his first goal for France against England in a 3–2 friendly victory on 13 June 2017.
- He was called up to the 23-man French squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia on 17 May 2018.
- In the final on 15 July, he was an unused substitute as France defeated Croatia 4–2.
Facts About Ousmane Dembele
- Borussia Dortmund bought him from Rennes for an undisclosed amount in May 2016. He signed a five-year contract with the German club.
- He won the DFB-Pokal Cup in his only season with Borussia Dortmund. He was even named “Man of the Match” in the final match against Bayern Munich. He was selected as the “Bundesliga Rookie of the Season” at the end of the 2016/17 season. In addition, he was selected for the “Bundesliga Team of the Season”.
- In August 2017, he moved from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona for a reported €105 million fee. Additional fees amounted to about €40 million. Dortmund also paid Rennes €20 million in transfer fees.
- The number 11 jersey he received upon joining Barcelona belonged to Brazilian superstar Neymar, who had recently left the club for Paris Saint-Germain.
- During his first league start for Barcelona, he suffered a hamstring injury. He was sidelined for four months as a result. Despite being declared fit in January 2018, he got injured once again a few weeks later and was sidelined for four weeks.
- His debut season with FC Barcelona ended with a Copa del Rey and a La Liga title.
- Barcelona officials were reported to have been concerned about his lifestyle and felt that it was affecting his game in the early months of 2018. A personal chef was even provided to ensure that he didn’t eat fast food.
Where are Ousmane Dembele’s parents from?
What is the nationality of Dembele?
Is Dembele African?
Dembélé is a surname of West African origin, found mostly in Mali and bordering countries.
Where is Dembele now?
- FC Barcelona
- France national football team
How many matches has Dembele played in Barcelona?
Is Dembele a good player?
Ousmane Dembele is one of the most promising players in Europe, as mentioned earlier. He has breathtaking speed and dribbling ability. Besides being able to shoot from a distance, he also possesses a calm mind for precise finishing. The player’s crosses are pinpointed, and he works tirelessly off the ball.