Croatian professional footballer Josko Gvardiol (born 23 January 2002) plays as a defender for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig and for the Croatia national team. Gvardiol began playing football at the age of seven, when his father Tihomir, once an amateur player in Novigrad, took him to Tresnjevka. During his stay in Zagreb, Lokomotiva and Zagreb spotted him; however, Dinamo Zagreb offered him a contract at the last minute. Dalibor Poldrugac moved him to the center-back position from left back or midfield when he was a Dinamo academy player.
Several European clubs started showing interest in Gvardiol, including Manchester City, Lille, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Inter Milan, and Roma. Dinamo reached the quarterfinals of the 2018–19 UEFA Youth League before losing 4–2 to Chelsea in a penalty shootout. In summer 2019, Dinamo coach Nenad Bjelica called Gvardiol up to the senior team for pre-season games in Slovenia after being impressed by his performances with the youth teams. In a friendly win over Austria Klagenfurt on 2 July, he scored a goal. The Guardian’s Next Generation list included him on 10 October 2019.
Josko Gvardiol Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Josko Gvardiol. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Joško Gvardiol|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Little Pep|
|Age||21 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Date of Birth||23 January 2002|
|Home Town||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Tihomir Gvardiol|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Marjan Sisic|
|Debut Club||• 2021: RB Leipzig|
|Debut International||• 2020: Croatia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 32 (RB Leipzig)|
• 20 (Croatia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• RB Leipzig|
• Croatia national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Croatian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Josko Gvardiol Net Worth
In 2023, what will Josko Gvardiol’s salary be?
In Jul 2021 Josko Gvardiol signed a contract with RB Leipzig that ended in 2026 that netted him a whopping salary of 3.5 Million GBP (£3,496,345) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £9,605 per day and £400 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||3.5 Million GBP (£3,496,345)|
|Per Month Salary||£291,362|
|Per Week Salary||£67,238|
|Per Day Salary||£9,605|
|Per Hour Salary||£400|
|Per Minute Salary||£6.7|
|Current Contract||With RB Leipzig|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$20.68 Million|
|Market Value||$38.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$38.50 Million (Jun 9, 2022)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Josko Gvardiol has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million, and his market value is about $38.50 million.
Josko Gvardiol FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
RB Leipzig’s Josko Gvardiol is currently 21 years old and plays as a Centre Back. In FIFA 22, Josko Gvardiol has an overall rating of 79 with a potential of 89. According to his skillmoves rating, Gvardiol has a 3-star rating.
Josko Gvardiol FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|76||Heading Accuracy||59||FK Accuracy|
|76||Short Passing||74||Long Passing|
|74||Defensive Awareness||80||Sliding Tackle|
With his left foot, he prefers to shoot. His work rate is High / High. According to our database, Gvardiol is 185 cm tall and weighs 80 kg. Josko Gvardiol is currently playing with numbers 32 and 20.
Josip Sutalo Biography, Age, Wife, Skills, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Dinamo’s senior team defeated Gorica 4–2 on 18 October with Gvardiol coming on for Mario Gavranović in the 87th minute.
- On 2 November, he scored the only goal in a 1–0 win over Inter Zapresi.
- As a result, he became Dinamo’s sixth youngest league goalscorer, following Alen Halilović, Mateo Kovacić, Niko Kranjcar, Ante Ćorić, and Tin Jedvaj.
- Gvardiol converted a penalty in a shootout to give Dinamo a 4–3 win over Dynamo Kyiv in a UEFA Youth League play-off on 12 February 2020. Dinamo advanced to the round of 16 with the victory.
- Gvardiol reflected Leon Dajaku’s shot into his own net in the round of 16 against Bayern Munich on 4 March.
- As a result, Dinamo won 6–5 in a shootout and advanced to the quarterfinals. Dinamo signed Gvardiol to a five-year contract on 25 June.
- In the derby against Rijeka, on 5 July, Gvardiol deflected Franko Andrijasevi’s shot into his own goal, resulting in Rijeka winning 2–0 and costing Igor Jovićević his job.
Dominik Livaković Biography, Girlfriend, Age, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
- A red card was shown to Kévin Théophile-Catherine on 26 August, and Gvardiol came on to replace him.
- Following a penalty shootout, Gvardiol converted his attempt, as Dinamo won 6–5 and advanced to the third qualifying round.
- As of late August and early September, the media reported Leeds United’s interest in signing Gvardiol, whose manager Marcelo Bielsa offered €22 million to sign him; however, Gvardiol declined, opting to remain at Prva HNL and continue to develop.
- The Hungarian champions knocked Dinamo out of the Europa League play-offs on 16 September when Gvardiol made an error in a Champions League qualifier against Ferencváros.
Josko Gvardiol After Announcement Of Transfer To Bundesliga club RB Leipzig
- Gvardiol signed a five-year contract with Bundesliga club RB Leipzig on 28 September for €16 million, plus add-ons.
- This was the highest fee ever paid for a Croatian teenager and the third highest fee ever paid for a Croatian defender, behind Dejan Lovren and Duje Caleta-Car.
- Gvardiol remained at Dinamo until the end of the season. Dinamo drew 0–0 with Feyenoord in the Europa League on 22 October, his debut for Dinamo.
- Gvardiol tested positive for COVID-19 on 16 November, forcing him to miss the 21 November derby against Osijek.
- As Dinamo defeated CSKA Moscow 3–1 in the Europa League on 10 December, Gvardiol scored his first UEFA goal.
- Dinamo topped their Europa League group after conceding only one goal under Gvardiol’s leadership.
- Against Slaven Belupo, he scored the opening goal and assisted the third.
- As a result of a quadriceps injury sustained in training, he missed both legs of Dinamo’s Europa League Round of 16 ties against Tottenham Hotspur, which Dinamo won 3–2.
- The quarter-final match against Villarreal on 8 April ended in a 1–0 loss for him.
- In a 2–0 win over Lokomotiva three days later, he scored his third goal of the season.
- Gvardiol played his last game for Dinamo on 22 May, winning 1–0 against Sibenik.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
Josko Gvardiol Transfer To RB Leipzig
- He played the entire match in a 4–0 victory over VfB Stuttgart on 20 August 2021.
- He quickly established himself in Leipzig’s starting XI and drew attention with his good play.
- In a 6–3 loss to Manchester City on 15 September, he made his Champions League debut.
- Against Borussia Mönchengladbach on 11 December, he scored his first goal for Leipzig.
- During Domenico Tedesco’s first season as Leipzig manager, he significantly contributed to the club’s good form after Jesse Marsch’s poor start.
- He scored his second goal of the season in a 2–0 win over VfL Wolfsburg on 23 January 2022.
- For the first time in the club’s history, Gvardiol helped Leipzig win the DFB-Pokal and reach the semifinals of the Europa League by the end of the season.
- As well as being the club’s first major trophy title, the DFB-Pokal victory was also its first major championship.
- Gvardiol was named one of the nominees for the 2022 Kopa Trophy by France Football on 12 August.
- As a 17-year-old, Gvardiol made his first appearance for Croatia’s Under-21 Euro 2021 qualifying team against Lithuania and the Czech Republic in October 2019.
- As Croatia won 3–1, Gvardiol made his debut against the former opponent.
- In a 10–0 victory over San Marino on 8 October 2020, he scored Croatia’s tenth goal.
- Due to a quadriceps injury, he was unable to compete in the group stage of the tournament on 9 March 2021.
- He was named in Biscan’s 23-man squad for the knockout stage, as well as Zlatko Dali’s 26-man squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament on 17 May.
- In the Under-21 Euro quarter-final, Gvardiol lost 2–1 to Spain after extra time.
- After being substituted for Borna Barisi at halftime in a friendly loss to Belgium 1–0 on 6 June, he made his senior debut in another defeat.
- In Croatia’s opening Euro 2020 game, a 1–0 defeat to England, he made his first national team start.
- He became the youngest Croatian player to play in a major tournament at 19 years, four months, and 21 days, surpassing Mateo Kovacić.
- During the tournament, he started all Croatia’s games.
- In a 3–0 World Cup qualifying win over Cyprus on 8 October 2021, he scored his debut goal for Croatia.
Dayot Upamecano Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Josko Gvardiol
- Gvardiol’s left-footedness is perhaps the most important aspect of his game.
- Leipzig can line up the Croatian alongside a right-footed center-back, both of whom will feel at ease in their respective positions.
- There are many similarities between Alaba and Gvardiol, perhaps the world’s best left-footed center-back.
- Although his height of 6’1″ may seem tall for a central defender, his real strength is his strength.
- In the physically demanding Croatian league, Gvardiol has learned exactly how to use his body to his advantage.
- Aside from building his confidence on the ball, he is equally comfortable bringing the ball out of defense as he is passing the ball to a teammate in a better position.
Is Josko Gvardiol left-footed?
Perhaps the most important aspect of Gvardiol’s game is that he is a left-footed center-back.
What club does Gvardiol play for?
Joško Gvardiol is a defender for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig and represents Croatia at the international level.
What position is Gvardiol in?
Joško Gvardiol plays as a defender
How much does Gvardiol cost?
In 2021, he transferred from Dinamo Zagreb to RB Leipzig. Josko Gvardiol was acquired by RB Leipzig for $20.68 million from Dinamo Zagreb.
How good is Gvardiol?
Combined with his excellent recovery pace, Gvardiol is an excellent active defender and often wins duels due to his excellent tackling ability. Using a great slide tackle, Gvardiol forces the ball out of play after tracking his runner.
Dani Olmo Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Josko Gvardiol worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Josko Gvardiol has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Josko Gvardiol’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Josko Gvardiol.