In terms of professional football, Aymeric Jean Louis Gérard Alphonse Laporte famously known as Aymeric Laporte plays as a center-back for the Premier League team Manchester City as well as for the Spain national team. Previously, he had played for Basconia and Athletic Bilbao. At the age of 16, he became the second player born in France to play for Athletic Bilbao, after Bixente Lizarazu, after joining the club in 2010. He subsequently made 222 appearances for the club in competitions. He later joined Manchester City in January of 2018.
In 2019, he was part of the side that won the first domestic treble in English men’s soccer history. Laporte, born in France, won 51 caps for his country at the youth international level and has been called up twice to the senior team without ever getting a cap. In 2021, after receiving Spanish citizenship and being granted permission by FIFA to switch national teams, Laporte was named to Spain’s squad for the UEFA Euro 2020.
Aymeric Laporte Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Aymeric Jean Louis Gérard Alphonse Laporte|
|Age||28 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Born Place||Agen, France|
|Date of Birth||27 May 1994|
|Home Town||Agen, France|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Agnes Laporte, She was also a footballer.|
|Father's Name||Name Not Available, His dad was a rugby star.|
His younger brother also a footballer who plays for Deportivo Alavés.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Wasserman|
|Debut Club||• January 30, 2018: Manchester City FC |
• 2012: Athletic Bilbao B, Athletic Club
• 2011: CD Basconia
|Debut International||• 2021: Spain national football team |
• 2016: France national football team
• 2013: France national under-21 football team
• 2011: France national under-17 football team
|Jersey Number||• 14 (Manchester City FC)|
• 24 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester City FC|
• Spain national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm|
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet inches- 6’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 86 kg|
in pounds- 190 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Laporte was born in Agen, Aquitaine, France; and he is of Basque descent through his great-grandparents.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||10 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Range Rover|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
WoodGram presents to you The Complete Story of a Football Bull, best known by his nickname; Army.
Aymeric Laporte’s Biography Facts provide an account of the events that shaped Aymeric Laporte’s life from his childhood years to today.
In terms of analyzing Laporte’s biography, we have to take into consideration his life before fame, his family life, and OFF-Pitch Facts about him. We all know that Aymeric Laporte has great defensive abilities, but most people don’t consider his Aymeric Laporte Biography, which is quite interesting in its own right. Let us now begin without further ado, without further ado.
Aymeric Laporte was born on the 27th day of May 1994 in the French city of Agen and was raised in Agen, France. In spite of the fact that he was born into a family of rugby players, he was raised by a mother who played football. The young Laporte started playing football and rugby at the age of five and began his development at SU Agen youth football club where he stayed for three years.
Athletic Bilbao invited him to join after being scouted in 2009, causing a debate over whether or not his signing met their criteria for signing players from overseas.
Even at the time when he was still young, he was deemed too young to move outside of France. At the age of 16, he joined Athletic Bilbao as a professional, spending a season with Aviron Bayonnais FC. In 2010, he officially joined Athletic Bilbao as a professional. The defender was only the second French player – after Bixente Lizarazu – to play for the club.
Over the course of his career, he made more than 200 appearances for the club. He was also an undisputed starter for the club. After that, as they say, the rest is history.
As of right now, Aymeric Laporte is dating Spanish beauty Sara Botello, who is a professional dancer by profession. They met when Aymeric was a student at Athletic Bilbao. Sara and her family were the ones who helped Aymeric Laporte settle in Spain. Here is a picture of Sara Botello doing what she does so well.
Aymeric and Sara’s quality time is any time that they spend together that brings them closer, makes them feel more connected, and makes them more in love with each other.
The two of them are in a relationship in which they share happiness, not just find happiness for themselves. The two of them are just a matter of time before they tie the knot. In the beginning, Aymeric Laporte was born into a French first-class family before he found success through playing football.
Laporte was the son of wealthy sports personalities, Mr. and Mrs. Laporte. He comes from a family of sports stars, as his mother is a footballer and his father is a rugby player. Even his sister and uncle were among those who played football for several years. At the start of his career, Aymeric was a striker before he decided to become a defender.
In terms of his personality, Laporte has the following characteristics. In addition to being gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, able to learn quickly, and a lover of exchanging ideas, Aymeric Laporte possesses the following strong points.
Aymeric is a person who is outgoing, communicative, and ready for fun, but he also has a tendency to suddenly get serious, thoughtful, and restless. Laporte played striker for a brief time in his playing career and became a big fan of former Arsenal and France winger Wiltord, while the latter was on the books of Bordeaux.
Aymeric Laporte Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
This past January 30th, 2018 the center back signed a contract with Manchester City that will see him earn a whopping salary of 7 million euros (6.1 million pounds) per year. After crunching the numbers, we can determine that he earns €19,126 (£16,730) per day and €797 (£697) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||15 Million Euro (13 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||7 million euros (6.1 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€583,333 (£507,246)|
|Per Week Salary||€134,615 (£117,057)|
|Per Day Salary||€19,178 (£16,677)|
|Per Hour Salary||€799 (£694)|
|Per Minute Salary||€13 (£12)|
|Current Contract||With Manchester City|
|Contract Signed||Jan 30, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$27.50 Million|
|Market Value||$49.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$82.50 Million (Jun 13, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover|
He signed a contract with Manchester City in January of this year. Manchester City paid 65 million euros (57 million pounds) for its services. This made him one of the most expensive defenders in the history of football. As of today, his estimated market value is still $49.50 million. Despite the fact that he is a young player with plenty of years left in him, his net worth is estimated to be around 15 million euros (13 million pounds).
Aymeric Laporte In FIFA 2022
As of the moment, Aymeric Laporte is 28 years old and plays as a Centre Back for Adidas in the Rest of the World. Currently, he has an overall rating of 86 with a potential rating of 88 in FIFA 22. Laporte has been given a rating of 2 stars for his skill moves. It seems that his preferred way of shooting is with his left foot. His work rates are Medium / Medium. Based on the information in our database, Laporte’s height is 191 cm, and his weight is estimated to be 85 kilograms. Aymeric Laporte is currently playing with the numbers 14 and 24.
Aymeric Laporte FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|84||Heading Accuracy||69||FK Accuracy|
|83||Short Passing||81||Long Passing|
- Upon Laporte’s arrival in Bilbao formally in 2010, he joined Athletic’s youth setup at Lezama. This resulted in a debate locally over whether his signing met the criteria of the club’s policy, given his tenuous ties to the Basque Country.
- He then went on to play for the club’s youth and reserve teams.
- A month later, on 28 November 2012, he was given his debut with the main squad by manager Marcelo Bielsa. During that season’s UEFA Europa League, he played the whole 90 minutes in a 2–0 away win against Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shimon.
- Yerry Laporte made his debut in La Liga on 9 December 2012, when he came on as a substitute in the league fixture between Laporte and Celta Vigo.
- Following his inclusion in the starting line-up the following week, with the Lions defeating Mallorca by the same 2-1 scoreline, he was definitely promoted to the first team shortly after, signing a new contract until the end of 2015.
- In 2013, he received the number 4 jersey previously worn by Ustaritz, and late in the month, he renewed his contract with the club, which ran until 2016 and had a €27.5 million release clause.
- During the time that Ernesto Valverde was coach, Laporte was one of the regular starters. He was also used as a left-back on occasion.
- The first goal he scored as a professional was scored on 28 October 2013, as he scored only in the game against Getafe.
- In 2013, as a result of his achievement in the 2013–14 season, he was voted into the La Liga Team of the Year by the reporters of the Liga de Futbol Profesional.
- Laporte extended his deal until 2019 with a release clause of €50 million in June of that year.
- After losing the 2015 Copa del Rey final to Barcelona, he played both legs of Bilbao’s Supercopa de Espana triumph against the same opponents, which is Bilbao’s first silverware in 31 years.
- On 13 June 2016, Laporte renewed his contract until 2020, with his buyout clause rising to an initial amount of €65 million.
- Laporte signed for Manchester City at the end of the January transfer window for a reported fee of £57 million after the club’s contractual release clause was met, which at the time was a record-breaking sum for both clubs.
- While he received the number 14 shirt, Bilbao immediately spent around half of the fee on Inigo Martinez, as a replacement for him.
- After signing with Manchester City, Laporte made his Premier League debut against West Bromwich Albion just one day after signing. At the end of the game, City came out victorious as they won 3–0 to remain in contention for the title.
- The player went on to make 13 appearances for City throughout the season, helping them accumulate an unprecedented 100 points in a Premier League season.
- He had a total of nine league appearances, which meant that he was eligible for a winner’s medal.
- Laporte scored his first goal for Manchester City on 25 August 2018, equalizing against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a 1-1 away draw.
- This was his 51st appearance in the 2018-19 season as the club went on to win the first domestic treble in English football history (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, plus the Community Shield).
- In all, he scored five goals for City during the season, including a crucial goal on the last day of the Premier League campaign when the team cruised to victory over Brighton and Hove Albion to clinch back-to-back league titles and Laporte’s second of his career. Over the course of his career, he has played a total of 4,352 minutes.
- In the late afternoon of 31 August 2019, Laporte sustained a knee injury, which resulted in him having to be carried off on a stretcher. In the month of September, he underwent surgery.
- During the 2019–20 season and at the start of the 2020–21 season, Laporte had been an automatic starter for Manchester City after returning from injury. However, their poor performance in a 2–0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on 21 November 2020 resulted in him being benched.
- John Stones replaced Aston Villa’s Leonard Laporte at the center of defense and formed a formidable partnership with a new signee named Roben Dias in the absence of Laporte from the starting lineup.
- I recall that on 25 April 2021, Laporte scored the only goal of the game as City beat Tottenham to win their fourth straight EFL Cup.
France National Football Team
- As a captain for each of his teams, Laporte represented France at the under-17, under-18, under-19, and under-21 levels.
- As a part of the team that came second to Serbia in the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Lithuania, he was selected in the tournament’s Team of the Tournament.
- On 24 March 2016, during a 2017 European Under-21 Championship qualifying match against Scotland played in Angers, Laporte was stretchered off with a fractured and dislocated right fibula and ankle, ending his season prematurely.
- In October 2015, he had stated that if France had rejected him from representing them at the UEFA Euro 2016, he would consider representing Spain.
- It was at the behest of newly appointed national manager Julen Lopetegui that Laporte began the process of becoming qualified for Spain in August 2016.
- He was called up to the senior France squad for the matches against Bulgaria and the Netherlands to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, and he reported that he had decided not to apply for Spanish citizenship in order to maintain his French nationality going forward. He did not take part in either of the matches.
- In August 2019, he was called up for France’s UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying matches against Albania and Andorra; however, just two days later, he sustained an injury while playing for his club, and was ruled out for the remainder of the competition.
Spain National Football Team
- Laporte was granted Spanish nationality by the Spanish Council of Ministers in May 2021 following a procedure initiated on his behalf by the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF).
- A few days later, FIFA approved his request to change his nationality, allowing him to play for Spain at the upcoming UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- It has previously been mentioned that Laporte had claimed that “playing for Spain is out of the question” and that he does not intend to apply for dual citizenship.
- Jeremy Laporte was named in Spain’s 24-man squad for Euro 2020 on 24 May 2021. On the 4th of June, he made his Spain debut in a friendly match against Portugal that ended in a 0-0 draw.
- The 23-year-old scored his first goal for the national team during the group stage 5–0 rout of Slovakia on 23 June.
Facts About Aymeric Laporte
- He was born on the 27th of May 1994 in Agen, France.
- At the age of five, Laporte began his professional career at SU Agen. From there, he moved to Bayonne, then Athletic Bilbao, and finally to Santos Laguna.
- On the 28th of November 2012, he made his debut for Bilbao in the UEFA Europa League where he played the full 90 minutes.
- During his time at the Spanish club, he racked up more than 150 caps before moving on to Manchester City in January 2018.
- Although Laporte has impressed in Manchester City, he has not yet made an appearance for France’s senior national team.
- It is clear that Laporte is a left-footed player who enjoys playing as a center back on the left side of the field.
- The player is extremely versatile and can also play as a full-back if the need arises.
- There is no doubt that the Frenchman is extremely concentrated and is very adept at reading the game.
- In addition to that, he is a superb passer of the ball and is instrumental in building play from the back.
- According to Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague, Laporte is a center-back who can play from the back and who is a strong individual, adding that he “is certainly a powerful defender”.
- The defender is also known for his passing ability.
- His young brother, Léo Laporte, is also a professional footballer who plays for Deportivo Alavés.
Where are Laporte’s parents from?
Laporte was born in Agen, Aquitaine, France; and he is of Basque descent through his great-grandparents. He started playing football and rugby at the age of five and began his development at Agen’s football academy.
What languages can Laporte speak?
Born in Agen in southwest France, he joined Bilbao’s youth setup in 2010, meeting the criteria of their Basque-only policy by dint of a Basque great-grandfather. Being the only non-Spaniard in the squad presented appreciable challenges, but he now speaks Spanish with as much confidence as his native French.
Is Laporte good in FIFA 22?
Aymeric Laporte’s Rating is 86. His potential is 88 and his position is CB. He is 28 years old from Spain and plays for Manchester City in the England Premier League (1). Aymeric Laporte FIFA 22 has 2 Skill moves and 3 Weak Feet. He is Left-footed and his workrates are Med/Med.
How tall is Aymeric Laporte?
Where is Laporte from?
A look at Aymeric Laporte’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Aymeric Laporte in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Aymeric Laporte Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Aymeric Laporte, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from Woodgram.