A Spanish footballer who plays for the Spanish national team and the Spanish club FC Barcelona, Andrés Iniesta is the current captain of FC Barcelona. He was born in a small village of the Albacete province and joined the local club and soon was discovered by agents from FC Barcelona. ‘Barcelona’ acquired him for its youth program, and in 1999, Iniesta led his team to win the Nike Premier Cup. He scored the winning goal in the last minute of the final match, and he was named the ‘Player of the Tournament.’ In 2002, he made his debut in the first team of ‘Barcelona.’ From 2004, he became a regular with the team. His involvement with the team has remained constant ever since. The Spanish footballer led his team to two trebles and has won more trophies than any other player in the history of the game. In addition to serving in his national squad, he also played for teams of different ages. He has been part of the Spanish teams that have won the 2008 ‘Euro Cup,’ the 2010 ‘World Cup,’ and the 2012 ‘Euro.’ He is rightly considered one of the best footballers of this generation and one of the all-time great midfielders.
Andrés Iniesta Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Andrés Iniesta Luján|
|Nick Name||• Don Andrés|
• El Cerebro
|Age||39 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Fuentealbilla, Spain|
|Date of Birth||11 May 1984|
|Home Town||Fuentealbilla, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing Video games|
|Mother's Name||María Luján|
|Father's Name||José Antonio Iniesta|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||8 July 2012|
|Children||Daughters-• Valeria Iniesta Ortiz|
• Siena Iniesta Ortiz
Sons- Paolo Andrea Iniesta Ortiz
|School||St. Ignatius College, Barcelona|
|College/University||Ramon Llull University|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut Club||In 2002 F.C. Barcelona|
|Debut International||2006 - Spain national team|
|Current Team(s)||Vissel Kobe|
|Achievements (main ones)||Iniesta was an integral part of the Barcelona sides that won two historic trebles in 2009 and 2015, and his 35 trophies, which includes nine La Ligas and four UEFA Champions League titles, make him the most decorated Spanish footballer of all time.|
• Good in passing the ball
|Weaknesses||• Physical attributes are not satisfactory|
• Lacks in height
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 69 kg|
in pounds- 152 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Central midfielder|
|Favorite Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actress||Jennifer Lawrence|
Andrés Iniesta was born on May 11, 1984, in Fuentealbilla, a village in Spain, to José Antonio and María Luján. His father was a prominent businessman in Albacete. Andrés grew up surrounded by comfort, and his love of football was ingrained in him since he was a small child.
As a young child, the boy was enrolled at the ‘Albacete’ youth academy, where he excelled in his performances. The attention of a few big-name Spanish clubs first came to him after playing in a tournament two years later. Due to his father’s connections with the management of ‘FC Barcelona,’ Andrés was sent for a trial, and he succeeded in getting their attention.
Andrés was a shy child, so moving to ‘Barcelona’ was not an easy process for him. In the beginning, he asked his parents not to let him go away, but his father persuaded him. The Barcelona youth program included the La Masia academy for young footballers, and Andrés’s association with it shaped him into the superstar he would become later.
Despite being the academy’s youngest player, Andrés was not even a teenager when he joined. Andrés began practicing with them shortly after his father’s intervention cleared the air. Slowly, he developed into the best player in the academy and became captain of the ‘Under-15’ team. During his captaincy, he led the Nike Premier Cup-winning team to victory in 1999, where he also won the ‘Player of the Tournament’ award.
Iniesta married Anna Ortiz on 8 July 2012; the couple began dating in 2008 and married a year later. They have two daughters, Valeria (born April 2011) and Siena (born May 2017), and two sons, Paolo Andrea (born May 2015) and Romeo (born June 2019) They lost an unborn child, son Andrés Jr., due to miscarriage in March 2014. Iniesta is a Catholic.
Iniesta joined his boyhood club, Albacete, as a major shareholder in 2011 and invested €420,000. He provided the club with a further €240,000 loan two years later to cover unpaid wages as the club was facing administrative relegation.
During a May 2018 interview, Iniesta confessed to Risto Mejide that he suffered from depression before the 2010 FIFA World Cup because of his injuries and the loss of Daniel Jarque.
Andrés Iniesta Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$120 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$100 Million|
|Annual Salary||$33 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Audi Q7|
• Nissan Pulsar
• Bugatti Veyron
During his playing career, Andres Iniesta made an astonishing net worth of $120 million. Similar to his involvement in sponsorships and endorsements, the Spaniard also had his fair share of involvement.
Only in 2020 will he make $3 million from sponsorship deals and marketing, according to Online Sources. Iniesta signed an extended contract with Asics in 2018. The brand appointed him as its ambassador. This led to speculation that the contract was worth millions. Apart from endorsements, he also won a lot of money during his career. Iniesta makes $26.6 million on the course between 2020 and 2021.
During his 22-year career, Iniesta only played for one European club, Barcelona. His salary was only $8000 per week at the outset. As a result, Iniesta had cost the team $240,000 when he left the team as captain. This led him to move to Vissel Kobe in Japan in 2018. Bleacher Report reports that Iniesta received about $600,000 per week. Additionally, he had a three-year contract with the club. Kobe alone was going to bring in about $30 million for him.
The real estate portfolio of Andrés Iniesta is continually being adjusted. A number of luxurious homes have been owned by the Spaniards so far. The Spanish player is said to have spent £4.6 million on a crib in Fuentealbilla, Spain.
His birthplace was close to this mansion. He had his name carved into a stone wall in big letters when it was constructed in 2005. Additionally, the mansion is equipped with a swimming pool and five bedrooms. Moreover, locals erected a bronze statue commemorating Iniesta’s World Cup victory. Furthermore, it was constructed in the same place where the player used to play football with his buddies as a child. Additionally, Andres owns a winery near the mansion.
In 2004, he relocated to Japan after his transfer to Vissel Kobe. Iniesta and his family moved to a high-rise apartment complex on Rokko Island as a result. He is not known for showing off his assets, despite having a net worth of over $100 million. Most of the cars in his garage have been part of endorsement deals.
According to sources, he owns an automobile collection worth around $3 million. Audi, Range Rover, Nissan, Bugatti Veyron, and others also belong to this group of cars. A 2013 sponsorship deal with Audi involved the manufacturer of new cars for Barcelona players. The Audi Q7 was chosen by Iniesta, while the Audi Q5 was chosen by Messi and Neymar.
Nissan Pulsar: Likewise, Andres Iniesta has had a relationship with Nissan since 2014. Due to his position as a brand ambassador, he had the chance to drive the Nissan Pulsar. It was powered by a 1.6 Liter turbocharged engine with 188 horsepower.
The Bugatti Veyron was purchased in 2014 by Iniesta. As reported by Gtsspirit, the press spotted him testing the car in 2013. It costs a staggering $2.25 million, which makes it the most expensive car in his garage. Veyron’s W16 cylinder engine has four turbochargers and an output of 8.0 liters. It also generates 1,000 metric house-powers (987 horsepower). This enables the Veyron to accelerate from 0-60 mph in only 2.4 seconds.
As of 2018, Andrés Iniesta has fully acquired the 30,642 m2 plot in Mataró. His purchase price is approximately €11.5 million. Maresyterey, a Russian company, oversees the whole venture at the moment. In addition, a 70:30 ratio of housing and offices will be built on the land.
- Eventually joining the Barcelona squad, Andrés made his debut in 2004, and in his first season, he missed just one match for his team. A midfielder, he contributed to Barcelona’s success in La Liga by scoring twice and by providing defensive support.
- During the 2006–2007 season, Andrés proved with his superb performances that he was a superb fit for any position. While rumors of a transfer swirled, he signed a contract extension with his club, which would keep him with them till 2014. He captained his club during the pre-season and won the ‘Joan Gamper Trophy.’
- Andres was at the peak of his career during the 2008-2009 season as his fans in Barcelona (his home city) as well as his rivals often gave him standing ovations. In the semi-finals of the 2009 Champions League against ‘Chelsea,’ he scored a goal in the final minute to secure a draw. The team won the trophy after defeating Manchester United in the finals. ‘Manchester United’ striker Wayne Rooney stated after the tournament that Andrés was the best player in the world.
- As a result, Andrés was later rated as the league’s most consistent player, and he reached number five on the 2009 FIFA Player of the Year list. He never missed any crucial matches throughout the season, even though he was injured for most of it. In the 2010-2011 season, he finished second in the race for the Ballon d’Or award and achieved third place in 2012.
- In the 2011-2012 season, I scored in crucial games to make sure ‘Barcelona’ won the Spanish Super Cup. During the 2011 ‘La Liga,’ he led Barcelona to an undefeated streak of 51 matches. He scored in the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the 2012 Champions League, but his team lost the semi-final match against Chelsea.
- A year later, he signed a five-year contract with ‘Barcelona,’ and was appointed captain the following year. He was named the ‘Man of the Match’ for the 2015 Champions League final. His goal made Barcelona the first club to win the domestic league, the ‘European Cup,’ and the domestic cup twice in a single season. Andrés was one of the seven players who were part of the treble-winning Barcelona teams.
- ‘Barcelona’ signed a contract with Andrés that stated they would keep him for the remainder of his career.
- In international competition, Andrés was a part of the Spanish national squad from the turn of the century. He was an integral part of his team’s victory at the 2001 ‘UEFA European Under-16 Championship’. He also helped his nation win the ‘European Under-19 Championship.’ In 2003, he played a key role in the team that reached the finals of the ‘FIFA World Youth Championship,’ but he was knocked out. The ‘FIFA All-Star’ team selected him at the conclusion of the tournament.
- His surprise choice to lead Spain in the 2006 ‘World Cup’ followed by his selection to the ‘Team of the Tournament’ at the 2012 UEFA Euros. He was injured in 2009 and was, however, a part of the ‘FIFA Confederations Cup’ in 2010.
- The highlight of his career was his performance during the 2010 ‘FIFA World Cup.’ As a result of his magnificent play to help his team qualify for the finals, he became one of the leading contenders for the ‘Golden Ball.’ As the final match began, his team faced the Netherlands. As the match was approaching a draw, Andrés scored the winning goal in the 116th minute. It was Spain’s first-ever ‘World Cup,’ and Andrés was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his outstanding performance.
- The UEFA 2012 Player of the Season was also chosen.
- During the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, Iniesta was named to the Team of the Tournament and awarded the Silver Ball for the second-best player, as Spain finished runner-up to Brazil. Spain’s Iniesta started all three matches at the 2014 World Cup, winning his 100th cap against Australia in the final group match. Spain won the opening match at the 2016 UEFA Euros thanks to his assist and man-of-the-match performance against the Czech Republic. Spain’s player began all four games but was eliminated by Italy in the Round of 16 after starting in all four.
- Spain named Iniesta to its squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018. In the 2–2 draw against Morocco on 25 June 2018, he assisted Isco in all three matches he played during the group stage. Spain’s round of 16 matches against Russia on 1 July 2018 saw him come off the bench in the 67th minute. As a result of the loss in the penalty shoot-out, Iniesta announced his retirement from international duty. Having played 131 times for Spain, he was the nation’s fourth-most capped player of all time, behind only Iker Casillas, Xavi, and Sergio Ramos.
Facts About Andrés Iniesta
- His shyness as a child made him very worried.
- The film “The Cosmonaut” was backed by Andrés.
- Iniesta played as a central midfielder for the Spain national team from 2006 to 2018.
- “Goal II: Living the Dream”, in which he plays himself, was released in 2007. There are no credits to his name.
- He does not participate in politics.
- Michael Laudrup, the star player from Denmark, is Iniesta’s hero.
- As a 12-year-old, he started his career.
- Iniesta served as captain of the Barcelona Under-15 team and won the Nike Premier Cup in 1999.
- The goal he scored for Spain in the World Cup finals of 2010 ended the tournament.
- Upon Spain’s defeat from Russia in the “Round of 16” World Cup 2018 match, he publicly announced his retirement.
Where was Andres Iniesta born?
Where did Andres Iniesta go to school?
- Ramon Llull University
- Jesuitas de Sarriá San Ignacio
How tall is Andres Iniesta?
How much does Andres Iniesta earn?
Iniesta left Barcelona’s La Masia academy in 2018 to join Vissel Kobe, nearly 22 years after he first joined. The 37-year-old signed an extension with the J-League team in May 2021 that will pay him an estimated $30 million annually until 2023.
How many Champions League has Messi won?
All four of Messi’s Champions League titles have been won with Barcelona. In 2006, the Spanish team won their second trophy in their history, giving him his first medal.