The Spanish footballer Sergio Ramos is the captain of the Spanish national team and the Spanish club ‘Real Madrid.’ Ramos is one of the strongest defenders in the present-day game, although he also plays right back from time to time. At the age of 14, Sergio began playing for Sevilla FC, a local club in Andalusia, Spain, as a defender. As a result of his impressive performance, he was promoted to the first team of his club.
In 2005, ‘Real Madrid’ acquired him as a result of his exceptional performance. During the first few years following the transfer, he had difficulty making an impact, and his performances were mostly average. His best performance came in 2009. He did not score a lot of goals as a defender, but due to his defending abilities, he was one of the four captains of ‘Real Madrid’ in 2009-2010. A contract extension was granted to him in July 2011 that extended to 2017, and another was granted in 2015 that extended to 2020.
Sergio Ramos Bio/Wiki[table id=2662 /]
Sergio Ramos was born on March 30, 1986, in Camas, Seville, to parents José Maria Ramos and Paqui Ramos. The bullfighting tradition in Seville is well known. It was the dream of every city child to become a bullfighter. Sergio wasn’t any different. Even though he loved playing football, he wanted to become a bullfighter.
Having two siblings, a brother, and a sister, he was talked out of pursuing a career in bullfighting by his parents, since it was a dangerous sport. Sergio’s older brother Rene, who is also his manager, introduced him to the game, and he soon became addicted.
Sergio’s parents were happy with Sergio’s choice and appointed him a private trainer. Sergio had joined a football club as a child called FC Camas, which turned out to be a valuable learning experience for him. It was there that he discovered his true potential. In addition to winning many Man of the Match awards, he also attracted some attention from the media.
He was recruited by Sevilla FC, a club that catered to young, talented players, at the age of 14. The club began to develop Sergio during that age group. A bright and successful career awaited him when he was included in the main squad in 2004.
By September of that year, Sergio Ramos and the famous model, TV journalist, and presenter Pilar Rubio had become an official couple. In the same year, the couple got married. The couple has two sons, Sergio and Marco.
Sergio was known to have been in multiple relationships before getting together with Pilar. Elisabeth Reyes, Carolina Martinez, Amaia Salamanca, and Lara Alvarez were some of his former girlfriends. While Sergio’s football career has been successful, his family has remained close to him. From the beginning of Sergio’s career, his brother Rene has served as his manager.
All of Sergio’s life, he has been a big fan of bullfighting. With matador Alejandro Talavante he has maintained a long-term friendship. As a hobby, Sergio enjoys playing the guitar. In his own words, Sergio describes himself as a romantic.
Sergio Ramos Net Worth
Sergio Ramos has an annual salary of $25 million and a net worth of $85 million dollars.[table id=2663 /]
Since Sergio Ramos is a well-known figure in the world of football, he has served as a brand ambassador for a number of international companies. His current sponsors include Nike, Hugo Boss, Pepsi, and Gatorade.
Sergio Ramos is an avid car enthusiast as well. A number of high-end automobiles are owned by him, including Audis, Bentleys, Porsches, Range Rovers, and others. His automobile collection is estimated to be worth $3.5 million.
Ramos owns a mansion in Madrid, which he reportedly purchased in 2015. Approximately $6.56 million is believed to be the value of the mansion. In addition to this mansion, he owns two other houses in Spain worth a total of $10 million.
Ramos has done charity work since he enjoys giving back to the community. His recent fundraising efforts helped India during the pandemic. In addition, he has volunteered in Cuba and Senegal. He raises money for UNICEF as well.
- During the 2004-2005 season, he appeared in 41 games for Sevilla FC and helped his team reach the sixth spot. Having qualified for the UEFA Cup, he scored his first goal against CD Nacional. His performance earned him widespread acclaim and made his entry into the major leagues certain.
- As a member of the national ‘Under-21’ team, Sergio played six international matches in 2004. A friendly match against China marked his debut in the international main squad in March 2005. In addition, he became the youngest player to earn a place in Spain’s national team in 55 years.
- As a player for Spain, he has participated in three ‘World Cups’: one in 2006, one in 2010, and one in 2014. During 2008, 2012, and 2016 Olympic cycles, he also played in three ‘Euro Cups’. His 13 goals for Spain were spread over 149 appearances.
- As soon as ‘Real Madrid’ noticed Sergio, they purchased him for a whopping 27 million Euros. In March 2005, the deal was finalized. In December that year, he scored his first goal in a group stage match of the UEFA Championship League. Unfortunately, his team lost the match, but he was praised for his impressive performance.
- His first four seasons with ‘Real Madrid’ were not as great as he had expected them to be. He was mostly used as a defensive midfielder and a center back, the latter being his forté. He was soon promoted to the right-back position, which increased his chances of scoring goals. Sergio, who usually struggles to score goals from his position, did not have such a problem. He was highly praised for this. During the first four seasons, he had scored 20 goals.
- He nevertheless continued to be a cause of concern for team management throughout the games due to his aggressive nature on the field. Four red cards were shown to him during the first season, and five red cards were shown to him during the next three seasons. ‘Real Madrid’ faced a tragic situation in August 2008 when their field contained only nine players for a long period of time.
- It was also a tough start to Sergio’s 2008–2009 season, but the team soon picked up momentum. In addition to his 21st place in the ‘European Player of the Year’ nomination for 2008, he made the ‘UEFA Team of the Year’ and the ‘FIFA FIFPro World XI’.
- In the 2009–2010 season, ‘Real Madrid’ went through a tiny bit of crisis, which made Sergio one of the team’s four captains. The 33 matches in which Sergio played during the season saw him score four goals. Additionally, in February 2010, he reached a career milestone by playing his 200th game.
- The Madrid player was dismissed for kicking Lionel Messi from behind in a game against ‘FC Barcelona’ in November 2010. His aggressiveness not only caused trouble for Real Madrid but helped them win matches against stronger opponents.
- He extended his contract with ‘Real Madrid’ from 2011 until 2017. Over the next few years, he kept his momentum and played a key role in his team’s many victories. As a captain, he led his team in consecutive matches in the 2012–2013 season. Under his leadership, the team defeated Barcelona.
- In April 2014, Sergio scored two headers against Bayern Munich in the Champions League semi-finals. As a result of his performance, his team reached the Champions League finals for the first time in 12 years.
- A five-year extension of his contract with ‘Real Madrid’ was granted in 2015. He led his team to a record 10–2 win in a ‘La Liga’ match in December 2015. It had been 55 years since ‘Real Madrid’ had won a ‘La Liga’ match by such a huge margin. In the 2016–2017 season, he scored ten goals, making it his most successful season to date.
Facts About Sergio Ramos
- At the time, Ramos signed a deal worth 27 million euros with Real Madrid, which was a record for a Spanish teenager.
- Sergio scored his first goal for Real Madrid in a UEFA Champions League match against Olympiacos on December 6, 2005.
- UEFA and FIFA selected him to their Team of the Year for 2008.
- Real Madrid made Ramos one of its four captains before the 2009-2010 season.
- Sergio signed a new contract with Real Madrid on July 12, 2011, which will keep him at the club until 2017.
- Ramos extended his Real Madrid contract for five more years on August 17, 2015, despite rumors about a possible departure to Manchester United.
- On October 12, 2005, he scored his first international goal (actually two goals) for the national team in a 6-0 friendly victory over San Marino.
- Ramos is a huge bullfighting fan.
- In Andalusia, he owns a stud farm.
- His Spanish national teams won the 2010 FIFA World Cup as well as the 2008 and 2012 European Championships.
Due to injury, Ramos will not play his first game for the French club until September 22 against Metz, at the earliest. It’s not good news if you sustain a calf muscle injury towards the end of your playing career because it’s a common injury that is difficult to fully recover from,” Rothen said.
Spain and Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has been named the greatest defender in football history by France Football readers, with 64% of respondents saying he is the greatest.
Ramos suffered muscle pains at the end of July 2021, which prevented him from playing in the entire pre-season and the beginning of the new campaign. However, a new injury, affecting his calf, caused him to be rushed back to the hospital.
If you consider everything in an evaluation of a defender, Sergio Ramos is the best. “He’s got a bit of everything: technical ability, strength, personality, and leadership.” “He defends well, can play, and manages all aspects of the game.” “He’s an excellent player in every respect.”
Spain’s Euro 2020 squad has not included Sergio Ramos. The omission of this player is still surprising, considering he has made 180 appearances for the Spain national team, winning one World Cup and two European Championships.