Brazilian professional goalkeeper Alisson Ramses Becker most famously known as Alisson plays for Premier League club Liverpool and Brazil’s national team. Because of his crucial saves and positioning, he is widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world. In 2013, Alisson made his Internacional club debut after progressing through the academy’s youth setup. During his four years with Internacional’s senior team, Alisson won the Campeonato Gaucho every year. In 2017–18, he won Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year after signing for Roma in July 2016.
Alisson became the most expensive goalkeeper of all time when Liverpool signed him in July 2018 for £66.8 million (€72.5 million). Among Alisson’s Liverpool achievements are the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup, UEFA Champions League, and FIFA Club World Cup. He won the inaugural Yashin Trophy and was named the Best FIFA Goalkeeper in 2019. Before making his senior international debut in 2015, Alisson played for Brazil at various youth levels. He then represented Brazil at the Copa América Centenario in 2016, the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the 2019 Copa América, and the 2021 Copa América, winning the 2019 tournament and being named best goalkeeper.
Alisson Becker Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Alisson Becker. It gives you the ability to read through the Brazilian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Alisson Ramses Becker|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||• Alisson|
• The Messi of Goalkeepers
• The German (nicknamed when he was at Roma)
• O Goleiro Gato (translates to Cat-Goalie)
|Age||31 (as of 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Born Place||Novo Hamburgo, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||2 October 1992|
|Residence||Novo Hamburgo, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Home Town||Novo Hamburgo, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Magali Lino de Souza Becker|
|Father's Name||José Agostinho Becker|
|Brother(s)||Muriel Gustavo Becker|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Natália Loewe (m. 2015)|
|Children||Daughter(s)- Helena Becker|
Son(s)- • Rafael Becker
• Matteo Becker
|School||Internacional youth academy|
|College/University||Internacional youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||NWS - Neis World Sports|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2018: Liverpool FC|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2015: Brazilian national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 1 (Liverpool FC)|
• 1 (Brazilian national football team)
|Current Teams||• Liverpool FC|
• Brazilian national football team
|Coach/Mentor/Manager||Jürgen Norbert Klopp|
• Campeonato Gaúcho: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• Premier League: 2019–20
• FA Cup: 2021–22
• EFL Cup: 2021–22
• UEFA Champions League: 2018–19, runner up: 2021–22
• FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
• Toulon Tournament: 2013
• Copa América: 2019
• The Best FIFA Goalkeeper: 2019
• Yashin Trophy: 2019
• IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper: 2019
• UEFA Champions League Goalkeeper of the Season: 2018–19
• Premier League Golden Glove: 2018–19, 2021–22
• FIFA FIFPro World11: 2019, 2020
• UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19
• Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year: 2017–18
• Serie A Team of the Year: 2017–18
• Globe Soccer Awards Best Goalkeeper of the Year: 2018, 2019
• Copa América Golden Glove: 2019
• Copa América Team of the Tournament: 2019
• IFFHS Men's World Team: 2019
• Samba Gold: 2019
• UEFA Team of the Year: 2019
• Liverpool Goal of the Season: 2020–21 (vs. West Brom)
• PFA Team of the Year: 2021–22 Premier League
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm|
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet inches- 6'3"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 91 kg|
in pounds- 201 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||His paternal family is of German descent, with his father and grandmother speaking the language fluently.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||6 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||8 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Cláudio Taffarel|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Woodgram presents the full story of a Brazilian goalkeeper best known as “The Messi of Goalkeepers”.
In this Alisson Becker biography, we provide a detailed account of notable events from his childhood to the present day. It covers his life before fame, family background, relationship life, and other OFF-Pitch facts (little known).
There is no doubt that he is a Brazilian goalkeeper in class. Alison Becker’s biography, though quite intriguing, is only considered by a few. Let’s begin now without further ado.
Alisson Becker Childhood Life, Parents, And Family Background
As a starting point in his biography, the Liverpool legend was born in the Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil on the 2nd day of October 1992 to his mother, Magali Lino de Souza Becker, and father, José Agostinho Becker.
In addition to his elder brother Muriel, Alisson was born into the Catholic faith of Christianity.
How Does Alisson Becker Enter The World Of Football
In Brazil, football is a very important sport, so Alisson Becker’s parents were keen to get their boys involved in it from an early age. In their early careers, Alisson and his elder brother Muriel Gustavo, who is six years older, both chose to become goalkeepers.
Both Alisson Becker and his brother were trained at the Academy of Brazilian Sports Club Internacional by their parents. In the past, this club boasted players like Brazilian-born Portuguese footballer Otávio Monteiro.
He ended his youth career from 2003 to 2006, six years older than Muriel. Alisson came on board five years later, in 2008. To this day, both parents still talk about cheering for their kids.
After graduating from the club’s academy, Allison started competing with his elder brother to be the team’s first-choice goalkeeper.
Alisson Becker Becoming Better To His Elder Brother
Becker was the one with a more steely determination to make his dreams come true. After his brother took an injury that kept him off the team for a while, he won the spot.
After Muriel returned from injury, Alisson’s rise was meteoric, making him irreplaceable. Muriel took out the loan option in 2009 after battling his younger brother for a year. Magali and José Agostinho Becker had no idea their sons would have a rivalry and eventually come to terms.
Nevertheless, they both got a lot of support, and they became happy for each other. Several weeks after he left the club on loan, Muriel spoke to the media.
It’s hard to lose your position, but I’m glad it was my little brother who took it away from you.
Mario Fernandes (Footballer) Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Alisson Becker Rise And The Retirement Of Legend Goalkeeper Dida
Eventually, Alisson’s ambition to become noticed by European scouts became more than just a passing fancy, but a reality achieved through hard work. European scouts were less likely to bank on goalkeeping. Alisson gave his best despite the thought.
A tough competition made it difficult for players and goalkeepers to retain their spots under Dunga’s regime in 2012.
He rose to greatness after challenging legendary Brazilian goalkeeper Dida, who joined the club in 2015 to compete with him but was shocked when Alisson Becker forced him into retirement.
After forcing Dida into retirement, Alisson gained fame, which led to lots of interest from European scouts. As a result, he was able to keep all balls out of the net due to his ability to stretch his dive.
Alisson Becker has finally been signed by Italian side Roma. As a second fiddle to Wojciech Szczesny at Roma, Alisson reportedly got frustrated due to his insufficient game time.
After giving up his starting position, Szczesny was forced to leave the club for Juventus, which needed a backup to Gianluigi Buffon’s age. Alisson walked his way out to replace him.
After Loris Karius’ miserable Champions League final performance in 2017/2018, Liverpool began their search for a new goalkeeper. The club’s floppy goalkeepers could only be replaced by Alisson Becker. Alisson Becker officially became a Liverpool goalkeeper on 19 July 2018, at the age of 25.
At the age of 25, as his hands indicate, Alisson became the most expensive goalkeeper in history. He was more expensive than Ederson Moraes (the most expensive goalkeeper whose fee was paid in sterling) and Gianluigi Buffon (whose fee was paid in euros).
As of this writing, Alison is Liverpool’s first-choice goalkeeper – just ahead of Caoimhin Kelleher. It’s now history, as they say.
The Love Story Of Alisson Becker With His Wife Natalia Loewe
According to the saying, behind every great Brazilian footballer is a great woman. As we see in this case, behind Alisson Becker’s success was a glamorous girlfriend. She goes by the name Natalia Loewe. Later, she became his wife.
It is without a doubt Alisson Becker’s lifestyle off the pitch that reveals his true character. Natalia Loewe is Alisson’s wife and he has known her since he was a teenager in high school.
Natalia focused on school while Alisson focused on football. According to the evidence below, she became a physician.
In 2012, Alisson ended his youth career with Internacional and the two began dating. According to Becker’s Instagram account, he shared a post once. Translation captioning is included in the post of 9th September 2016;
“Congratulations, my love! This photo speaks for itself, but I’d like to tell you that I love you very much, and I’m thrilled to have you by my side. It has been four years.”
They have a daughter named Helena, who was born on 29 April 2017, and a son named Matteo, who was born on 14 June 2019. On 10 May 2021, they welcomed their second son into the world.
He has proven time and time again how wonderful a husband and father he is. During his beloved wife’s delivery, he was there for her. Furthermore, we know that the Brazilian goalkeeper is very fond of his little Helena.
In addition to posting trending photos of Helena, Becker’s daughter is an inspiration to him. For the Becker family, birthdays are special occasions to celebrate. As for Alison, it’s all about his performances and showing fans what he’s accomplished.
Andreas Christensen Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Alisson Becker Net Worth
In 2023, what will Alisson Becker’s salary be?
In Jul 2018 Alisson Becker signed a 3-year contract with Liverpool FC that extended in Aug 2021 for 6 year/£46,800,000 and ends in 2027 which netting him a whopping salary of £7,800,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £21,428 per day and £892 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$15 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$9.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$7.5 Million|
|UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£7,800,000|
|Per Month Salary||£650,000|
|Per Week Salary||£150,000|
|Per Day Salary||£21,428|
|Per Hour Salary||£892|
|Per Minute Salary||£14.8|
|Current Contract||With Liverpool FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 12, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2027 (extended on Aug 4, 2021)|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$68.75 Million|
|Market Value||$55.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$99.00 Million (Dec 10, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Alisson Becker has an estimated net worth of around $15 Million, and his market value is about $55.00 million.
Alisson Becker FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
A goalkeeper for Liverpool FC since 2018, Alisson Becker has an overall rating of 89 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 90. A 1-star rating has been given to Alisson Becker.
Alisson Becker FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|29||Heading Accuracy||18||FK Accuracy|
|55||Short Passing||56||Long Passing|
|15||Defensive Awareness||16||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is high/medium. Our database estimates Alisson Becker’s height at 191 cm and his weight at 91 kg. Alisson Becker is currently wearing jersey number 1 for both Liverpool and the Brazilian national team.
- At the age of ten, Alisson joined Internacional’s academy in Novo Hamburgo, the Rio Grande do Sul.
- As a young player, he played with the under-23 team regularly before making his senior debut against Cruzeiro-RS on 17 February 2013.
- In a 3–3 home draw against Goiás on 25 August 2013, he made his Série A debut.
- With six appearances during his first season, he was a backup to his brother Muriel and competed with Agenor for second-choice.
- Having joined Internacional from Gremio, Alisson had to compete with Brazilian legend Dida.
- During the season, he made 11 league appearances and earned a starting spot in October.
- During the following season, he made 57 appearances across all competitions as an undisputed starter.
- In February 2016, Alisson signed a five-year deal with Italian club Roma for €7.5 million.
- In a 0–0 home draw against Chapecoense on 15 May 2016, he kept a clean sheet.
- Internacional’s senior side has proven to be Alisson’s favorite club as he has made over 100 appearances during his four years.
- The transfer of Alisson to Italian Serie A side Roma was officially completed in July 2016.
- As an understudy to Polish international Wojciech Szczesny, he made his debut on 17 August 2016, with FC Porto.
- During the season, he made 15 appearances across all competitions but did not appear in any league games.
- Following Szczesny’s departure from Juventus, Alisson assumed the number one jersey.
- Without more first-team opportunities, he would have considered leaving Roma.
Dodi Lukebakio Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Alisson finally made his Serie A debut in a 1–0 win over Atalanta on the opening weekend of the 2017–18 campaign.
- On 18 November, he started against Lazio in the Derby della Capitale, winning 2–1.
- The club reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League thanks to his performance in the competition.
- Until the match against Liverpool in the semi-finals on 2 May 2018, when the club beat Liverpool 4–2 but lost 7–6 on aggregate.
- As a result of his performances throughout the 2017-18 season, Alisson received praise.
- A total of 22 clean sheets were kept by him during the 2017-18 season, including 17 clean sheets in the league and five clean sheets in the UEFA Champions League.
Alisson Becker Transfer To Liverpool With A Record Transfer Fee
- Having signed Alisson for £66.8 million (€72.5 million) on 19 July 2018, Liverpool has become the most expensive goalkeeper in history, surpassing Ederson and Gianluigi Buffon.
- Chelsea signed Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao just four weeks later for a reported £71.6 million (€80 million).
- He will wear the vacant number 13 shirt for the 2018–19 season, Liverpool announced on 10 August.
- In Liverpool’s 4–0 victory over West Ham United on 12 August, Alisson made his debut.
- Three consecutive clean sheets were kept by him in wins over Crystal Palace and Brighton.
- Alisson finished second in the UEFA Champions League Goalkeeper of the Season award in August.
- In a 2–1 win over Leicester City on 1 September, he earned both praise and criticism for his performance, making several important saves as well as contributing to the opposition’s goal.
- Liverpool went 20 games undefeated with Alisson in goal, breaking the record held by Javier Mascherano for the longest unbeaten streak for a goalkeeper.
- A key save by Alisson helped Liverpool advance to the knockout rounds of the Champions League in their final group game against Napoli, which Liverpool won 1–0.
- The record for most clean sheets kept by a Premier League goalkeeper in his debut season dates back to 2006 when Pepe Reina kept his 17th.
- Alisson won the Golden Glove in the Premier League after keeping 21 clean sheets.
- Alisson, on the other hand, played a significant role in Liverpool’s second consecutive Champions League final. In the second leg semi-final at home to Barcelona, he made several impressive saves as Liverpool overturned a 3–0 first leg deficit to advance past their opponents with a 4–0 home win.
- Alisson kept a clean sheet as Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur 2–0 in the final on 1 June 2019, making eight saves along the way.
Leo Ortiz Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Gluta Lipo, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In the 2019–20 season, Alisson will wear the number 1 shirt, which was previously worn by Loris Karius, after spending his first season with the designated squad number 13.
- On 4 August, Alisson started the 2019 FA Community Shield against Manchester City, which City ultimately won 5–4 on penalties after a 1–1 draw.
- Alisson was forced to be replaced by Adrián after 38 minutes in the season-opening Premier League match against newly promoted Norwich on 9 August 2019.
- For a “few weeks”, he was expected to be out injured.
- Following a 2–2 tie with Chelsea after extra time, Liverpool won the UEFA Super Cup on 14 August, 5–4 on penalties.
- In a 1–1 draw with rivals Manchester United on 20 October, he returned to the matchday squad. During a 2–1 win over Brighton on 30 November, he was sent off for handling the ball outside his area.
- As Liverpool won the 2019 FIFA Club World Cup for the first time, Alisson kept a clean sheet against Flamengo on 21 December.
- It was Alisson’s assist on Mohamed Salah’s 93rd-minute goal that helped Liverpool defeat Manchester United 2–0 at home on 19 January 2020.
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic in the UK, Alisson missed the next day’s Premier League win against Bournemouth, as well as the second leg of the UEFA Champions League against Atletico Madrid, Liverpool’s final two matches before the season was suspended.
- Having made 29 appearances during the 2019–20 Premier League, he won the Premier League Winner’s Medal.
- In Liverpool’s second league game of the 2020–21 Premier League season, Alisson saved a penalty in a 2–0 victory over Chelsea on 20 September 2020.
- The penalty save was Alisson’s first for Liverpool since he joined the club, while Jorginho missed his first penalty in nine attempts for Chelsea in all competitions.
- As Liverpool lost 4-1 to Manchester City on 7 February 2021, Alisson committed two errors in three minutes, conceding possession to Ilkay Gündoan and Raheem Sterling.
- Alisson scored a dramatic late winner against West Bromwich Albion on 16 May 2021.
- A Liverpool corner was called in the 95th minute when Liverpool was on the verge of making it into the top four and the score was 1–1.
- Alisson scored with a header after Trent Alexander-Arnold’s corner was taken.
- Alisson became the sixth Premier League goalkeeper to score in a competitive match in Liverpool’s 129-year history with this goal.
Earlier this year, Alisson signed a new contract extension to remain with Liverpool until the summer of 2027, prior to the start of the 2021–22 Premier League season.
Luka Jovic Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Manager Dunga called Alisson up for Brazil’s first two World Cup qualification matches against Chile and Venezuela after he represented Brazil at under-17 and under-20 levels.
- As a starter in a 3–1 win at the Castelao, he made his debut on 13 October.
- The Copa America Centenario squad named Alisson to its 23-man squad on 5 May 2016.
- His first match with the team resulted in a goalless draw with Ecuador when he fumbled a Miller Bolanos shot into his own goal. The ball had gone out of play before he fumbled the ball.
- Brazil was eliminated in the group stage after conceding two goals in three matches.
- The FIFA World Cup squad in Russia was selected in May 2018 with Alisson in the final 23.
- As Brazil reached the quarter-finals before losing to Belgium, he was ever-present.
- His inclusion in Brazil’s 23-man squad for the 2019 Copa América on home soil was announced by manager Tite in May 2019.
- As Brazil won the tournament, he conceded just one goal in six games.
- In the 3–1 final victory over Peru on 7 July, Alisson was beaten by a Paolo Guerrero penalty in the only match he had failed to keep a clean sheet.
- As a result of his performance during the tournament, Alisson received the Best Goalkeeper Award.
- He kept a clean sheet in Brazil’s 3–0 win over Venezuela in their opening match of the 2021 Copa América on 13 June 2021. His nation lost to Argentina 1–0 in the final on 10 July, with Ederson replacing him.
- Despite not being selected for the final squad, he was included in Brazil’s 50-man preliminary squad for the 2020 Summer Olympics.
The outlook for Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker after he sustained an injury during pre-season training has been discussed by a medical expert. He missed the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in July 2022 due to an abdominal injury, and he has not appeared in training sessions since that time.
Some in the sport consider Alisson to be the best goalkeeper in the world because of his ability to produce crucial saves, brilliant one-on-one skills, positioning, distribution, and consistency.
In our opinion, Alisson is the best goalkeeper in the Premier League. We don’t rate him higher than Ederson just because he’s Brazil’s number one. Liverpool went in search of a quadruple last season, and he was sensational.
Despite being Brazilian, Alisson is of German descent and is fluent in the language, as well as his native Portuguese, Italian, and English.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Alisson Becker worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Alisson Becker has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Brazilian footballer. Hopefully, Alisson Becker’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Alisson Becker.