The Brazilian footballer Leonardo “Leo” Rech Ortiz (born 3 January 1996) famously known as Leo Ortiz, plays for Red Bull Bragantino as a center-back. Leo Ortiz was born to his mother Juçara Rech and his father Luis Fernando Ortiz. Also, he has a sister named Fernanda Ortiz. Originally from Porto Alegre, Ortiz graduated from the Internacional youth academy. In a 2–0 Copa FGF away win against Igrejinha on 2 September 2015, he made his senior debut with the B-team. Ortiz made his Brazilian football debut on 15 April 2018, starting against América Mineiro in a 3–0 loss.
As his team suffered relegation, he joined Red Bull Brasil on loan on 12 December. During the 2021 Copa América on home soil, he was called up for the first time to replace injured defender Felipe. As a result, he became the first Bragantino to be called to the national team since 1994 and the first since Red Bull took over the club. During the summons, Bragantino was leading the Brasileirao. Currently, Leo Ortiz is dating his long-time girlfriend Maite Lo Sardo.
Leo Ortiz Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Leo Ortiz. It gives you the ability to read through the Brazilian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
[table id=4606 /]
Leo Ortiz Net Worth
In 2023, what will Leo Ortiz’s salary be?
In May 2019 Leo Ortiz signed a contract with Red Bull Bragantino extended on Mar 23, 2022, that ends in 2026 netting him a whopping salary of £1,567,150 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,305 per day and £179 per hour!
[table id=4607 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Leo Ortiz has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million, and his market value is about $8.25 million.
Leo Ortiz FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
The 27-year-old Leo Ortiz plays as a center back for Red Bull Bragantino. In FIFA 22, Leo Ortiz has an overall rating of 77 and a potential rating of 77. The skillmoves rating for Leo is 2-stars.
[table id=4608 /]
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. There is a medium/high work rate for him. According to our database, Leo Ortiz’s height is 186 cm and his weight is 81 kg. Leo Ortiz plays with the numbers 3 and 4 at the moment.
- Leo began playing futsal under the influence of his father, Ortiz, a great futsal player in Brazil who was an idol to him.
- His grandfather was a partner at Teresopolis futsal school, and his father played there as well.
- Then he would go through Ipanema Sports and arrive at Gremio Nautico Gaucho, where Andre Jardine coached him as he competed in competitions.
- Having played futsal until he was 14 years old and giving up the sport due to the lack of tournaments in the sport, Leo arrived at Internacional in 2012, invited by Jardine.
- After preparing and preparing for the transition to field football, he moved to Inter at 16 to become a defensive midfielder.
Leo Ortiz With Club Internacional
- Leo was promoted to Internacional’s main squad in January 2017 after playing for the Under-20s.
- In the first phase of the Copa do Brasil, he made his team debut on February 22, 2017, in a 4-1 win over Oeste, launched by Antonio Carlos Zago.
- Carlos’ goal was assisted by Leo who made a well-aimed cross for the forward and saved what would have been the second West goal.
- As a result of his excellent performances, he renewed his contract with Inter until the year 2019.
- As a player, Leo played 31 games for the club, 13 of them in Serie B, helping Colorado finish in second place and return to the elite after a one-year absence.
Leo Ortiz At Sport Recife
- He was loaned to Sport for one year on December 31, 2017.
- In the Taca Ariano Suassuna, Leo won 2–0 against Atletico Tucuman, becoming champion.
- A 1–1 draw against Central for the Campeonato Pernambucano marked his debut as a starter on 3 February 2018.
- A 3–0 win over Salgueiro on 2 April marked his first goal for Sport.
- During a 1–1 draw with Santa Cruz in the Campeonato Pernambucano, he was chosen as captain after official captain Anselmo was rested to avoid suspension.
- During his time with the club, he appeared in 17 games and scored one goal.
Leo Ortiz With Red Bull Brasil
- It was announced on January 10, 2019, that he would be loaned to Red Bull Brasil for one year, working with his former coach, Antonio Carlos Zago.
- In the Campeonato Paulista, RB Brasil drew 1-1 with Palmeiras on January 20, 2019.
Leo Ortiz At Red Bull Bragantino
- In the Campeonato Paulista do Interior, he scored the title goal for Red Bull Bragantino after the merger between Red Bull Brasil and Bragantino on March 26.
- On April 23, 2019, Red Bull Bragantino signed him permanently until December 2020.
- In Serie B, he scored his second goal for Red Bull Bragantino in a 4-0 rout over Operario on August 8, 2019.
- It was after Julio Cesar, the belt’s owner was injured and coach Antonio Zago liked his game that the belt was presented to him during a training match in Austria against Levski Sofia.
- After 22 years out of Serie A, Leo helped Massa Bruta win the 2019 Serie B title and return after 22 years.
- His season ended with 30 appearances and three goals.
- Bragantino extended Leo’s contract until December 2024 by four seasons on March 13, 2020.
- Taking over Bragantino’s captaincy in 2020, he became the youngest captain of the first division.
- In the first round of the Brazilian championship, Leo fluctuated a lot, with Red Bull Bragantino finishing in the relegation zone, occupying the 18th spot.
- In the 20th round of the Brazilian Championship, he completed 50 games for Bragantino with a 2-1 victory over Fluminense.
- Massa Bruta finished in 10th place, qualifying for the Sudamericana, his first continental competition in 25 years.
- During the season, he played 48 games and scored five goals.
- During the Copa do Brasil match against Mirassol on March 18, Leo had played 150 games for clubs in his career, 84 of them for Red Bull.
- Having qualified for the next stage of the competition, Red Bull won the match 3-2.
- Leo was selected to the competition team following the Campeonato Paulista.
- The Brazilian Championship 6th round qualifier, in a 3-2 comeback victory over Flamengo, marked Leo’s 100th match for RB Bragantino.
- Bruno Praxedes scored the only goal in the 14th round of the Brasileirao with an assist from him.
- Leo Ortiz was elected to the tournament selection despite Bragantino not winning the South American title (1–0 to Athletico Paranaense).
- As one of Bragantino’s highlights in the 2021 season, he also won the Silver Ball for the Brazilian National Team.
- During the season, he played 48 games, scored two goals, and assisted two others.
- As a result of his good performance last season, he won polls and received an offer from Tigres de Mexico.
- Leo, however, declined the proposal since staying in Brazil would give him a better chance of playing in the 2022 World Cup.
- Leo renewed his contract with Bragantino until 2026 on 21 February.
- A 2–0 win over Botafogo-SP on March 6 marked his 200th professional appearance.
- In the Campeonato Paulista, Bragantino advanced to the quarterfinals with a victory.
- His election to the Sao Paulo State Championship took place at the end of the competition.
- During the 2nd round of the Campeonato Brasileiro, he scored in a 4–0 rout of Atletico Goianiense.
- Coach Tite called up Leo Ortiz to replace Felipe, who was injured during the Copa America dispute, on June 26, 2021.
- This is Leo’s first call-up for Bragantino since it was acquired by Red Bull in 2019, and the first time it has happened for Bragantino since Alberto Felix in 1994.
- Tite selected him for the pre-list of 35 to 40 athletes who could compete in Qatar in 2022 on March 7.
- The Brazilian national team called up Leo Ortiz on 17 May to play two friendlies against South Korea and Japan in preparation for the 2022 Qatar Cup.
What is the age of Leo Ortiz?
Leo Ortiz is 27 years old.
What is the height of Leo Ortiz?
Leo Ortiz is 186 cm tall. Or 6 ft 1 in.
Which foot does Leo Ortiz prefer?
It is the right foot that Leo Ortiz prefers.
Where is Leo Ortiz from?
Leo Ortiz is from Brazil.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Leo Ortiz worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Leo Ortiz has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Brazilian footballer. Hopefully, Leo Ortiz’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Leo Ortiz.