Born on January 2, 1992, Viktor Johan Anton Claesson is a Swedish professional football player who plays as a winger for the Sweden national team and the Danish Superliga club Copenhagen. His passing and set-piece skills are well-known.
He was selected for Sweden’s UEFA Euro 2020 team and played in each of the four matches as Sweden was defeated by Ukraine in the round of 16. In the group stage, he scored the game-winning goal in a 3-2 victory over Poland.
Viktor Claesson Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Viktor Johan Anton Claesson|
|Nick Name||Viktor Claesson|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Värnamo, Sweden|
|Date of Birth||2 January 1992|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Gunnar Claesson|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Debut Club||IFK Värnamo|
Holding on to the ball
|Weakness||No significant weaknesses|
Height and , Weight
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Swedish|
|Chest Size||36 inches|
|Biceps Size||22 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Bull|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Claesson’s career began with the neighborhood team IFK Värnamo.
- He advanced through the younger divisions before making his senior debut in a Division 1 Södra game in 2009.
- In the Allsvenskan, the top league of Swedish football, Claesson joins IF Elfsborg following a breakthrough season in the Superettan in 2011.
- Claesson agreed to a 3.5-year contract with FC Krasnodar of the Russian Premier League on January 25, 2017.
- On February 16, 2017, he made his debut for Krasnodar, scoring a header in the fourth minute of a 1-0 Europa League Round of 32 victories over Fenerbahçe of Turkey.
- It was his first touch in a competitive Krasnodar game. He was chosen as “Man of the Match” by UEFA.
- He maintained his form by scoring twice against FC Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast in a Russian Cup match on February 28, 2017, and against Celta de Vigo in the opening leg of the Europa League Round of 16 on March 9, 2017.
- Due to a severe knee injury, Claesson missed the whole 2019–20 season.
- On August 18, 2020, after being sidelined for more than 14 months, Claesson made his comeback from injury by playing the final 15 minutes of Krasnodar’s 2-0 Russian Premier League victory over Arsenal Tula at home.
- In a 7-2 thumping of Khimki on September 18, he scored his first two goals since his injury comeback.
- In the club’s first-leg play-off round encounter against PAOK four days later, Claesson converted a penalty to help the team advance to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
- For the first time in the club’s history, Krasnodar advanced to the group stage of the Champions League after defeating PAOK by the same score in the second leg.
- Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine on March 3, 2022, Krasnodar declared that his contract was stopped and that he would no longer practice with the squad, but that the agreement was still in effect.
- His contract expired on March 5, 2022, and he was fired from the team.
- Claesson committed to Copenhagen in Denmark till the end of the current campaign on March 30, 2022.
- He made his club debut on April 3 and scored the game-winning goal after being introduced as a substitute in the 61st minute.
- Claesson extended his contract with Copenhagen through 2026 on June 16, 2022.
- Claesson was selected in May 2018 to be a member of Sweden’s 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- For the length of the competition, in which the Blgult advanced to the quarterfinals, he served as one of Sweden’s key players.
- After colliding with Jordi Alba during a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier on June 10, 2019, Claesson sustained a severe knee injury, rupturing the cruciate knee ligaments.
Viktor Claesson Awards
- Allsvenskan: 2012
- Svenska Cupen: 2013–14
- Danish Superliga: 2021–22
- King’s Cup: 2013
Viktor Claesson Net Worth
The range of Viktor Claesson’s net worth or income is thought to be between £8,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||£8,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£7,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||£1,144,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||£123,000|
|Salary per Week||£22,000|
|Salary Per Day||£3,760|
|Salary Per Minute||£8|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jun 16, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Viktor Claesson FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Viktor Claesson has an overall rating of 75 and his potential is also 75.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|50||Heading Accuracy||62||FK Accuracy|
|74||Short Passing||70||Long Passing|
|50||Defensive Awareness||49||Sliding Tackle|
He is currently 31 years old (as of 2023).
He is 183 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Copenhagen, his net worth is £8,000,000 (as of 2023).