Marko Pjaca is a Croatian professional footballer who plays as a winger for Serie A club Juventus in the Italian football league. Marko Pjaca began his professional club career in Croatia with Lokomotiva in 2012, before moving to Dinamo Zagreb in 2014, where he made his first team debut. After winning consecutive domestic doubles with Dinamo, he joined Juventus in 2016, where in his first season he also managed to win a domestic double.
Marko Pjaca got married on June 1, 2021, to his long-term girlfriend Marija Pavičić. Due to injuries that hindered Pjaca’s development, he was sent on a string of loans – to Schalke 04, Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Genoa, and Torino – during his career. At the international level, Pjaca represented Croatia at the 2016 UEFA Euros and at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, making an appearance in the final of the latter event and reaching the semi-final of the former.
Marko Pjaca Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Marko Pjaca. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Marko Pjaca|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Pjaca|
|Age||28 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Born Place||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Date of Birth||6 May 1995|
|Home Town||Zagreb, Croatia|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Višnja Pjaca|
|Father's Name||Željko Pjaca|
|Sister(s)||• Martina Pjaca|
• Iva Pjaca
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Alessandro Lucci - WSA|
|Debut Club||• 2016: Juventus FC|
|Debut International||• 2014: Croatia national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Juventus FC)|
• 20 (Croatia national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Juventus FC|
• Croatia national football team
|Position||Attack - Left Winger|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm|
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6'1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 83 kg|
in pounds- 183 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Croatian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marko Pjaca Net Worth
In 2023, what will Marko Pjaca’s salary be?
In Jul 2016 Marko Pjaca signed a contract with Juventus FC that ends in 2023 which netted him a whopping salary of £2,340,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,429 per day and £268 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$25 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$22.8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$20.5 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,340,000|
|Per Month Salary||£195,000|
|Per Week Salary||£45,000|
|Per Day Salary||£6,429|
|Per Hour Salary||£268|
|Per Minute Salary||£4.5|
|Current Contract||With Juventus FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 21, 2016|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$3.85 Million|
|Market Value||$3.85 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$19.80 Million (Jul 21, 2016)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Marko Pjaca has an estimated net worth of around $25 Million, and his market value is about $15.40 million.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
Marko Pjaca FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Marko Pjaca is currently 28 years old and plays as a forward for Torino in Italy. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 75 with a potential rating of 76. There is a 3-star rating for Pjaca’s skillmoves.
Marko Pjaca FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|68||Heading Accuracy||72||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||67||Long Passing|
|41||Defensive Awareness||34||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is the one he prefers to use when shooting. His workrate is Medium / Medium. Our database estimates Pjaca’s height at 186 cm and his weight at 83 kg. Marko Pjaca plays with the numbers 11 and 20 at the moment.
- Pjaca began his professional career with Lokomotiva in Croatia. On 24 February 2012, he made his debut in the 2011–12 Croatian First Football League with an assist against Zadar.
- That was his only appearance that season. After the winter break, Pjaca became much more prominent in the first team.
- During the 2012–13 Prva HNL season, he scored two goals in 17 appearances.
- In the 2013–14 Prva HNL season, the winger scored seven times in 31 appearances, largely catching the attention of bigger clubs.
Dominik Livaković Biography, Girlfriend, Age, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
Marko Pjaca At Dinamo Zagreb
- The Croatian First Football League champions Dinamo Zagreb signed Pjaca in the summer of 2014 for a fee believed to be around €1 million.
- Against Slaven Belupo, he scored on his Dinamo debut in the 2014–15 season.
- Dinamo defeated Celtic 4–3 in the last match of the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League group stage on 11 December 2014.
- Dinamo won its tenth consecutive league title under Pjaca, who scored 14 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions.
- In the 2015 Croatian Football Cup Final, Dinamo beat RNK Split on penalties with Pjaca playing the full match.
- During the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round tie against Macedonian club Vardar, Pjaca confirmed that it would be his last game for Dinamo.
- In his farewell match at Stadion Maksimir, he scored two goals, assisted on a third, and received a standing ovation from the fans.
The Long Journey Of Marko Pjaca With Juventus
- Pjaca signed a five-year contract with Juventus for a €23 million transfer fee to Dinamo on 21 July 2016.
- As a result of the transfer, Pjaca became Dinamo and the Croatian First Football League’s most expensive sale ever.
- During Juventus’ 1–0 away win over Lazio on 27 August, Pjaca came on as a substitute for Paulo Dybala.
- Pjaca suffered a cracked fibula while on international duty with Croatia in October 2016 and was initially expected to miss six weeks.
- In January 2017, he returned to action after missing almost three months through injury with two half-hour substitute appearances against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia and Fiorentina in Serie A.
- In the first leg of Juventus’ Champions League round of 16 tie against Porto, he scored his first goal for the club.
- During his international duty with Croatia on 28 March, Pjaca suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury that sidelined him for six months.
Injury And Loan To Schalke 04
- On 4 January 2018, it was announced that Pjaca had rejoined German club Schalke 04 on loan until the end of the 2017–18 season, for €800,000 plus an additional €200,000 in possible bonuses.
- German giants were chasing a place in the UEFA Champions League and coach Tedesco saw Marko as a player who could help them.
- Marko, however, would be able to get playing time at Schalke to get back to his best form before the FIFA World Cup at the end of the season.
- In RB Leipzig’s 3–1 loss on 13 January, Pjaca made his official club debut as a second-half substitute.
- On 21 January, in his second appearance for the club and his first start, he scored his first goal against Hannover 96.
Luka Modrić Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Awards, Net Worth & Wiki
Loan To Fiorentina
Pjaca joined Fiorentina on 7 August 2018 on a season-long loan deal with the option to make the move permanent.
Belgian club Anderlecht signed Pjaca on loan until the end of the season on 31 January 2020, during the winter transfer deadline day.
Loan To Genoa
Pjaca moved to Genoa on a season-long loan on 19 September 2020. Pjaca scored a goal in Crotone’s 4–1 win on his debut on 20 September.
Marko Pjaca Loan To Torino
Pjaca joined Torino on loan with a buyout option on 28 July 2021 that ended on June 30, 2022, and he return back to Juventus FC.
- Pjaca made his senior international debut for Croatia on 4 September 2014, replacing Mateo Kovačić in the last 12 minutes of a 2–0 friendly win over Cyprus in Pula.
- He played the entire UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Azerbaijan on 3 September 2015, which ended in a 0–0 draw.
- In Croatia’s 10–0 win over San Marino on 4 June 2016, he scored his first international goal.
- Pjaca was a member of Croatia’s Euro 2016 squad.
- During Croatia’s 2–1 victory over Spain, the reigning European champions, at Bordeaux’s Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux, he played a crucial role.
- During that match, he completed seven of his eight attempted take-on, took one shot, created one clear scoring opportunity, and won one tackle.
- In the next round’s match against Portugal, Pjaca sat on the substitutes’ bench but was called into action late in extra time with just ten minutes left.
- As a substitute, he brought some much-needed attacking impetus to the side, completing three dribbles against an impenetrable Portugal defense.
- Portugal’s Ricardo Quaresma scored a 117th-minute winner to defeat Croatia 1–0.
Ricardo Rodriguez Bio, Age, Family, Height, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Marko Pjaca In 2018 FIFA World Cup
Pjaca was named to Croatia’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 4 June 2018.
On 15 July, Croatia lost 4–2 to France in the final of the tournament. Pjaca’s final appearance for the national team came against England in a 2–1 UEFA Nations League loss.
Facts About Marko Pjaca
- His father Zeljko was a wrestler, and his mother Višnja was a judoka.
- There are two elder sisters in his family: Martina and Iva.
- As a child, he played handball, basketball, and table tennis.
- A talented and promising young prospect.
- His preferred position is on the left flank. Here, he likes to cut inside from wide positions and either shoot on goal or create chances with his stronger right foot.
- On occasion, he has also been deployed as an attacking midfielder or as a second striker.
- Pjaca is known for his direct and offensive style of play as a dynamic, agile, and technically gifted player.
- He is known for his ability to make intelligent attacking runs behind the opponent’s defensive line due to his physique, speed, dribbling skills, and ability to change direction quickly.
How old is Marko Pjaca?
Marko Pjaca is 28 years old as of 2023.
How tall is Marko Pjaca?
Marko Pjaca is 186 cm tall. Or 6 ft 1 in.
Which is Marko Pjaca’s preferred foot?
Marko Pjaca’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Marko Pjaca from?
Marko Pjaca is from Croatia.
Marko Livaja Biography, Transfermarkt, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Marko Pjaca worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Marko Pjaca has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Marko Pjaca’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Marko Pjaca.