Carl Mikael Lustig, a Swedish professional football player for AIK, was born on December 13, 1986, and his Swedish name is [mîkael last]. He started his career in 2004 with Ume FC and has since played for GIF Sundsvall, Rosenborg BK, Celtic, and Gent before joining AIK in 2020.
Between 2008 and 2021, he played in all 94 of Sweden’s complete international matches. He also represented Sweden at three UEFA European Championships and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Mikael Lustig Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Carl Mikael Lustig|
|Nick Name||Mikael Lustig|
|Age (as of 2023)||37 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Umeå, Sweden|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1986|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Mats Lustig|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Debut Club||Sandåkerns SK|
|Weakness||No outstanding weaknesses|
Height and , Weight
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Swedish|
|Chest Size||46 inches|
|Biceps Size||17 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Bull|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Lustig started off working for Sandkerns SK.
- The next year, he spent two years playing for Ume FC.
- For the 2005 season, Lustig went to the Allsvenskan team GIF Sundsvall and scored twice in eight games.
- The next year, GIF Sundsvall was demoted to the Superettan.
- For the following two years, they played at that level, and Lustig participated in 57 of their 60 games.
- The club returned to the Allsvenskan for the 2008 season, and Lustig remained a dependable member of the squad, appearing in all 11 league games before the European break.
- He relocated to the Norwegian club Rosenborg BK during the summer.
- Lustig departed Rosenborg in November 2011 after four seasons there.
- Other European teams were interested in him, including Celtic of the Scottish Premier League, Fulham of the English Premier League, and Espanyol of La Liga.
- Celtic revealed that they have pre-signed Lustig on November 23, 2011, in a press release.
- He became a member of the group formally on January 1, 2012.
- On March 3, in a 1-1 tie with Aberdeen, he made his Celtic debut.
- On September 1, 2012, he scored his first goal for the Hoops in a 2-2 draw at home against Hibernian.
- He was initially awarded credit for the Celtic’s second goal on that particular day, albeit it was later determined to be an own goal.
- Celtic defeated Cliftonville 3-0 in away qualifying for the Champions League’s second round on July 17, 2013, with Lustig opening the scoring.
- Lustig committed to Gent on June 21 under a deal that would last until 2022.
- Lustig trialled with AIK in 2004 and signed a free contract with the Swedish club on August 25, 2020.
- On September 30, Lustig made his debut, playing 29 minutes in a 1-0 loss against BK Häcken at home.
- On September 20, 2020, in the Stockholm derby against Hammarby IF, which AIK won 3-0, he scored his first goal for the team.
- When AIK and IF Elfsborg drew 2-2 in the 2020 Allsvenskan season finale, Lustig scored and provided an assist.
- For Sweden’s under-18 squad, Lustig participated. Lustig earned his national team debut in the under-21 squad competing in the 2009 European Under-21 Championship during the 2006 campaign.
- He was now the team’s vice-captain. Lustig appeared 21 times in all for Sweden’s under-21 team.
- In a 2-0 loss to the United States on January 19, 2008, Lustig made his full international debut for Sweden.
- According to reports, at this stage in his career, if he had already signed with Celtic FC, he would have declared for the Republic of Ireland national team after realizing his passion for the IRA.
- On March 29, 2011, he scored his first goal against Moldova in a European Championship qualifying match that Sweden won 2-1.
Mikael Lustig Awards
- Tippeligaen: 2009, 2010
- Superfinalen: 2010
- Scottish Premiership: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Scottish Cup: 2012–13, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Scottish League Cup: 2014–15, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship bronze: 2009
Mikael Lustig Net Worth
The range of Mikael Lustig’s net worth or income is thought to be between €5 Million. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€3 Million|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€2.8 Million|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€385,000|
|Salary per Week||€78,000|
|Salary Per Day||€14,050|
|Salary Per Minute||€16|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Mar 5, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Dec 31, 2022|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Mikael Lustig FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Mikael Lustig has an overall rating of 68 and his potential is also 68.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|72||Heading Accuracy||40||FK Accuracy|
|69||Short Passing||64||Long Passing|
|74||Defensive Awareness||65||Sliding Tackle|
He is currently 37 years old (as of 2023).
He is 189 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to AIK, his net worth is €5 Million (as of 2023).