Danish professional footballer Thomas Joseph Delaney (born 3 September 1991) plays defensive midfield for La Liga club Sevilla and the Denmark national team. Delaney started his professional career in Copenhagen, where he made 249 games overall, netted 24 goals, and five times won the Danish Superliga and four times won the Danish Cup.
Before moving to Sevilla in 2021, he played for Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund in Germany, totaling 107 Bundesliga matches. Delaney made his debut for Denmark abroad in 2013. He participated in their teams at the UEFA Euro 2020 and the FIFA World Cup 2018, helping the latter team advance to the semifinals.
Thomas Delaney Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Thomas Joseph Delaney|
|Nick Name||Thomas Delaney|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Frederiksberg, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||3 September 1991|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Michael Delaney|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||FC Copenhagen|
|Jersey Number||• Denmark - 8|
• Sevilla FC - 18
|Current Team(s)||• Denmark|
• Sevilla FC
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||71 / 6|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||People In Sport|
|Traits||• Dives Into Tackles|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to play long balls|
• Plays the ball off the ground often
• Indirect set-piece threat
|Strengths||• Aerial Duels|
• Blocking the ball
• Long shots
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.82 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 0″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 71 kg|
• in pounds - 160 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Danish|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Central Midfield|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Delaney was raised in Denmark, where he was also born. And having American citizenship despite having his own father (Thomas Delaney’s paternal grandfather) born in the country, his father was also born in Denmark.
Delaney also has Irish ancestry thanks to his paternal great-grandfather, who immigrated to the US in the 1840s amid the Great Famine from Ireland. Delaney is colorblind to red and green.
Thomas Delaney Net Worth
The range of Thomas Delaney’s net worth or income is thought to be between €16,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€16,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€12,700,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€6,000,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€500,000|
|Salary per Week||€115,385|
|Salary Per Day||€16,438|
|Salary Per Day||€11|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 25, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Thomas Delaney FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Thomas Delaney has an overall rating of 81 and his potential is also 81.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|83||Heading Accuracy||68||FK Accuracy|
|77||Short Passing||79||Long Passing|
|84||Defensive Awareness||82||Sliding Tackle|
- Delaney began playing youth football with the Danish club F.C. Copenhagen’s reserve squad, Kjbenhavns Boldklub.
- In an unofficial friendly, Delaney made his Copenhagen debut in August 2008.
- He participated in the KB youth team for the first half of the 2008–09 season before joining the FCK team for that year’s Danish Cup run.
- He replaced Hjalte Nrregaard in the midst of the second half of the first leg of the semifinals against Nordvest FC in April to make his official debut.
- Two weeks later, in the second leg, Delaney was one of the starting eleven and played for the first 60 minutes before being replaced by Aban Zdoan.
- Delaney will join Werder Bremen in January 2017, the club announced on August 17th, 2016.
- When Werder Bremen defeated Mainz 05 2-0 on February 18, 2017, he scored his first goal for the team, a free kick, before being carried off the field with what seemed to be a concussion.
- It was the team’s first victory of the year after four straight losses.
- Delaney scored the first hat trick of his professional career on April 1, 2017, when Werder Bremen defeated SC Freiburg 5-2 on the road.
- Delaney committed to a four-year deal with Borussia Dortmund on June 7, 2018.
- Werder Bremen reportedly received a transfer price of €20 million.
- In the second half of Dortmund’s 4-1 triumph against RB Leipzig in the 2021 DFB-Pokal Final on May 13, 2021, Delaney entered the game.
- Delaney travelled to Spain on August 25, 2021, to sign a four-year contract with La Liga team Sevilla for a reported sum of €7 million, according to Diario de Sevilla.
- In October 2008, Delaney made his under-18 team debut for Denmark.
- He went on to participate in three games. For the Denmark U-19 squad, he participated in 11 games.
- In a friendly matchup against the Italy U-21 squad on August 11, 2010, he made his Denmark U-21 team debut.
- On October 15, 2013, Delaney made his senior national team debut against Malta in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification game.
- He participated in the whole 6-0 home victory’s 90 minutes.
- Only on March 25, 2015, during the second half of a 3-2 friendly victory against the United States in Aarhus, did he earn his second cap.
- On September 1, 2017, Delaney opened a 4-0 home victory against Poland in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying by scoring his first goal for a national team.
- Three days later, he scored three goals as the squad overcame a 1-0 deficit to defeat Armenia 4-1 on the road.
- He was selected for the Danish World Cup team in June 2018 in Russia.
- He was also included in the roster of 26 players for the 2020 UEFA Euro.
- In the 2-1 quarterfinal victory against the Czech Republic, he scored the game’s first goal.
- Danish Superliga: 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2015–16, 2016–17
- Danish Cup: 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- DFB-Pokal: 2020–21
- DFL-Supercup: 2019
- Arla’s Talent Award: 2009
- Danish Cup Fighter: 2015
- F.C. Copenhagen Player of the Year: 2015, 2016
He is currently 32 years old (as of 2023).
He is 182 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Sevilla FC, his net worth is €16,000,000 (as of 2023).