Sime Vrsaljko (born 10 January 1992) is a Croatian footballer who plays as a full-back for Olympiacos of the Super League Greece and for the Croatia national team. As well as playing for Athletico Madrid, he has also played for Croatian clubs like Dinamo Zagreb and Lokomotiva, as well as Italian clubs like Genoa and Sassuolo. During the 2009–10 season, Vrsaljko played for Lokomotiva, Dinamo Zagreb’s feeder team.
At the age of 17, he made his professional debut for Lokomotiva against Rijeka on 26 July 2009. During 2009, Vrsaljko started all 17 Lokomotiva league matches, being substituted only once. Vrsaljko made his Croatian debut in 2011 and went on to represent his country at the UEFA European Championship in 2012, 2016, and 2020, as well as the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and 2018.
Sime Vrsaljko Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Sime Vrsaljko. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
Sime Vrsaljko Net Worth
In 2022, what will Sime Vrsaljko’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Sime Vrsaljko signed a contract with Olympiacos Piraeus that ends in 2025 and netted him a whopping salary of £4,420,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £12,110 per day and £504 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|UPDATE||All salary data is estimated on the basis of his salary at Atletico Madrid before his free transfer to Olympiacos Piraeus.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£4,420,000|
|Per Month Salary||£368,334|
|Per Week Salary||£85,000|
|Per Day Salary||£12,110|
|Per Hour Salary||£504|
|Per Minute Salary||£8.4|
|Current Contract||With Olympiacos Piraeus|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 2, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||$5.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$27.50 Million (Mar 22, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Sime Vrsaljko has an estimated net worth of around $8 Million, and his market value is about $5.50 million.
Josko Gvardiol Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Sime Vrsaljko FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Sime Vrsaljko is a 30-year-old Full Back for Olympiacos Piraeus. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 80, with a potential rating of 80. The skillmoves rating for Vrsaljko is 3-stars.
Sime Vrsaljko FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|73||Heading Accuracy||57||FK Accuracy|
|76||Short Passing||70||Long Passing|
|78||Defensive Awareness||77||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is high/medium. Our database estimates Sime Vrsaljko’s height at 181 cm and his weight at 75 kg. Sime Vrsaljko is currently playing with the number 24.
Sime Vrsaljko At Dinamo Zagreb
- In the Prva HNL on 27 February 2010, he played his first match for Dinamo Zagreb against Croatia Sesvete after rejoining the squad on 22 December 2009 before the winter break.
- At the end of the season, he made nine more appearances for Dinamo, for a total of 27 league appearances.
- Vrsaljko also appeared in the semi-finals of the Croatian Cup in 2009–10.
- As a member of the Croatian under-19 team, Vrsaljko missed the opening matches of the 2010–11 season.
- Dinamo Zagreb lost 2–1 to Rijeka in his first appearance of the season on 31 July.
- The following season, Vrsaljko made his debut in European competitions, playing in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round defeat to Sheriff Tiraspol.
- Zdravko Mamic, the club’s executive vice-president, turned down an offer from Olympique Marseille in August of that year for a fee of €4 million.
- Dinamo Zagreb won 2–0 against Cibalia on 29 August, when he scored his first league goal.
- Dinamo coach Vahid Halilhodic named him Croatian Football Hope of the Year 2010 because of his impressive performances. He won the double with Dinamo at the end of the season.
Kevin Trapp Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Parents, Career & Net Worth
- In the UEFA Champions League qualifier 3–0 win over Neftchi Baku in Zagreb, he provided an assist for Ivan Krstanovic.
- Dinamo qualified for their first UEFA Champions League in 12 years when he was sent off against Malmö FF in August 2011.
- In the Champions League, he was banned for three matches.
- His UEFA Champions League debut came against AFC Ajax on Matchday 4 and again against Olympique Lyonnais at Maksimir Stadium on Matchday 12.
- The club Dinamo won another double – Prva HNL and Hrvatski cup – as he made 22 league appearances and provided 5 assists.
- Dinamo qualified for another UEFA Champions League after he returned from Poland, where he played for the Croatian team at UEFA Euro 2012.
- Dinamo finished bottom of their group with only one point as a right full-back in the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League.
- Additionally, he contributed three assists in 25 league appearances.
- A deal worth €4.6 million was struck on 12 July 2013 to bring Vrsaljko to Serie A side Genoa.
- Vrsaljko played in various roles on the right flank in his first season in the Italian top flight, including right-back and right-wing.
- A total of 22 appearances were made by him, but he missed rounds 24 to 33 due to injury.
- Vrsaljko signed for Sassuolo on 22 July 2014 for €3.5 million plus bonuses of €2 million.
- After finishing 6th in Serie A with a Juventus Coppa Italia win over Milan, he helped Sassuolo qualify for the Europa League for the first time ever under Eusebio Di Francesco. It was Milan who would have gone to Europe if they had won the final of the Coppa Italia.
Sime Vrsaljko At Atlético Madrid
In 2016, Vrsaljko signed a five-year contract with Atlético Madrid. As Atlético won the Europa League title on 16 May 2018, Vrsaljko started the final.
Loan to Inter Milan
Inter Milan signed Vrsaljko on a one-year loan with an option to buy on 31 July 2018.
Vrsaljko was ruled out for at least six months after surgery on his left knee ligaments on 27 January 2019.
Josip Sutalo Biography, Age, Wife, Skills, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Return from loan
- In January 2020, he made his debut after a year away against Leganés which ended in a goalless draw. In the 88th minute, he was replaced by Ivan Saponjic.
- A 1–0 victory against Liverpool in the Champions League round-of-16 was the result of his start on 18 February.
- Vrsaljko and teammate Correa both tested positive for COVID-19 on 10 August, pushing them out of Atlético’s quarter-final against RB Leipzig.
- On 16 December, Vrsaljko scored in a 3–0 Copa del Rey win over Cardassar after undergoing another knee surgery during the summer.
Sime Vrsaljko Transfer To Olympiacos
Vrsaljko signed a three-year contract with Olympiacos on 2 July 2022, on a free transfer.
A Champions League qualifier against Maccabi Haifa ended in a 1-1 draw on 20 July, in which he made his debut.
- As a member of the Croatia national football team, he was called up for the Euro 2012 qualifier against Malta on 2 November 2010.
- On 9 February 2011, he made his national team debut against the Czech Republic.
- The 26 players’ preliminary squad for UEFA Euro 2012 was announced in May 2012, after he made 3 more appearances.
- Slaven Bilic withdrew from the UEFA Euro 2012 final list following the friendly match against Estonia in May 2012.
- He was called up again in just a week after being withdrawn from the final list due to the injury of Hamburger SV’s Ivo Iličevic.
- During the tournament, he was unused as a substitute in all three Croatia matches.
Dominik Livaković Biography, Girlfriend, Age, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
Sime Vrsaljko In FIFA World Cups – 2014, 2018, And Upcoming
- Only one appearance was made during the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying phase, against Belgium in Zagreb.
- He was named to Croatia’s 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil in May 2014.
- As a result of injuries in the Croatian squad just before the opening match against Brazil, Vrsaljko replaced Danijel Pranjic at left-back.
- In the decider against Mexico, he played left back again and Croatia was eliminated 3–1.
- He captained the national team in a 2–1 loss to Argentina on 12 November 2014, playing the entire game.
- With Darijo Srna rested for the match against Italy, he became one of the youngest captains in national team history.
- Croatia named him to its squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
- In the team’s runners-up finish, he started six of the seven games.
- Due to a knee injury, he also missed the home match against England in the inaugural edition of the Nations League, which ended in a goalless draw.
- After almost two years away from the national team due to knee surgery, Vrsaljko returned in September 2020.
- Coach Zlatko Dalic named him for the Nations League matches against Portugal and France.
- On 24 March 2021, Croatia lost 1–0 to Slovenia in a 2022 World Cup qualifier in which Vrsaljko did not play a single minute.
- In 28 months, he had not played for the national team.
- Due to his underwhelming performances, Dalic dropped him out of the starting XI in favor of Josip Juranovic ahead of Croatia’s Euro 2020 match against Scotland and dropped him out of the team altogether ahead of Croatia’s World Cup qualifiers against Russia, Slovakia, and Slovenia in September.
Facts About Sime Vrsaljko
- The Yugoslav Partisans killed Vrsaljko’s great-grandfather when he was only a few months old when his paternal grandfather was just a year old.
- Vrsaljko’s Croatia national team jersey was buried with his grandfather when he died.
- As a player for NK Zadar from 1992 to 1995, Vrsaljko’s father Mladen was also a footballer, and he’s related to a former deputy mayor of Benkovac named Svemir, who served as the commander of Poskoci (Long-Nosed Vipers) during the Croatian War of Independence.
- As a result of the bombing of his hometown of Zadar, Vrsaljko was born in exile in Rijeka in 1992.
- Upon the end of the war, his family returned to Zadar and nearby Nadin, where his father is from.
- Branka, his mother, is from Dracevac Ninski near Policnik.
- Matea Kedzo, Vrsaljko’s high school sweetheart, married him in June 2017. Bruno, the couple’s first child, was born on 6 June 2018.
- After an extramarital affair with Slovenian model Kaja Vidmar, Vrsaljko had his second child, daughter Viktorija, in mid-April 2022.
- At the beginning of that year, it is believed that he separated from Matea Kedzo.
- Vrsaljko’s picture taken by Drago Sopta at the Luzhniki Stadium after playing England in the World Cup semi-finals in January 2019 was selected as the world’s fourth most beautiful photo by AIPS.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
What is Sime Vrsaljko’s age?
Sime Vrsaljko is 30 years old.
What is Sime Vrsaljko’s height?
Sime Vrsaljko is 181 cm tall. Or 5 ft 11 in.
Which is Sime Vrsaljko’s preferred foot?
Sime Vrsaljko’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Sime Vrsaljko from?
Sime Vrsaljko is from Croatia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Sime Vrsaljko worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Sime Vrsaljko has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Sime Vrsaljko’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Sime Vrsaljko.