Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu (11 June 1993 – 29 May 2022), more famously known by his stage name Sidhu Moose Wala, was an Indian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor from Punjab. His song “So High” brought him to the attention of the general public. He released his debut album PBX 1 in 2018, which reached number 66 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. A chart entry for his single “47” was made on the UK Singles Chart. A list of 50 up-and-coming artists was compiled by The Guardian in 2020 for Moose Wala. One of the greatest Punjabi artists of his generation, he is generally regarded as one of the best. In addition, he was regarded as a key figure in establishing Punjabi music as a mainstream genre.
He began his music career in 2016 as a songwriter for the song “License” by Ninja, and as a singer in 2017 with a duet song entitled “G Wagon”. Following his debut, he collaborated with Brown Boyz on several tracks. A number of his tracks reached the top of the UK Asian Music chart. On the Global YouTube music chart, his song “Bambiha Bole” ranked among the top five. A track from his album Moosetape charted on the Billboard Global 200 and the Billboard Global Exclusivity in 2021. US, Canadian Hot 100, UK Asian, and New Zealand Hot charts. His singles are ranked number one on the Billboard India Songs chart.
After joining the Indian National Congress in 2021, he unsuccessfully contested the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election from Mansa. The police have characterized the killing of Moose Wala as a culmination of inter-gang rivalry, which was committed by unidentified assailants on 29 May 2022. A Canadian gangster who operates in Punjab claimed responsibility for the killing. The first posthumous single from his career, “SYL”, was released on 23 June 2022. He was accused of promoting gun culture as well as challenging religious establishments, which was the case regarding Mai Bhago, a revered figure in Sikhism, in his lyrics and themes. Due to his promotion of gun culture and the use of inflammatory and inciting lyrics in his songs, he faced legal challenges.
Sidhu Moose Wala Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Sidhu Moose Wala. It allows you to read through the famous Indian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor’s profile as quickly as possible.
|Birth Name/ Real Name||Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu|
|Nickname/ Popular Name||Sidhu Moose Wala|
|Age||28 Years (at the time of death)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India|
|Date of Birth||11 June 1993|
|Death Place||Jawaharke, Mansa district, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||29 May 2022|
|Death Cause||Gunshot wounds|
|Residence||Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India|
|Home Town||Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India|
|Hobbies||Waching Movies, Travelling, Gymming, and Playing Sports|
|Mother's Name||Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu (Sarpanch of the village Moosa)|
|Father's Name||Balkaur Singh (Retired Army personnel and a farmer)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Amandeep Kaur (Fiance)|
|School||S.Chetan Singh Sarvhitkari Sr. Sec. Vidya Mandir, Mansa, Punjab|
|College/University||Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification||BTech Degree in Electrical Engineering in 2016|
|Debut||• Lyricist: Licence- by Ninja (2016)|
• Singing (Duet): Belong Karda with Gurlez Akhtar
• Film- Teri Meri Jodi (2019)
|Last Song||Last Ride (15 May 2022)|
|Last Film||Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya (2022)|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)|
Note: In the presence of Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi and PPCC chief Navjot Singh Sidhu, he joined the Indian National Congress on 3 December 2021.
|Genres||• Hip hop|
• Gangsta rap
|Labels||• 5911 Records|
• Sidhu Moose Wala
|Formerly of||Brown Boys|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg|
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Chest Size||44 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Indian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Colors||Black, Red, Blue|
|Favorite Food||Butter Chicken, Rajma|
|Favorite Actor||Diljit Dosanjh|
|Favorite Fashion Brands||Louis Vuitton, Armani|
|Favorite Singer||Kuldeep Manak|
Sidhu Moose Wala Family- Parents, Siblings, And Education
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu is a native of the village of Moosa in the Mansa district of Punjab, India. A Jat Sikh by birth, his father Balkaur Singh and his mother Charan Kaur raised him. In the early years of his education, he attended S.Chetan Singh Sarvhitkari Sr. Sec. Vidya Mandir, Mansa, Punjab. Furthermore, he received a degree in electrical engineering from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, in 2016.
Moose Wala admired and was influenced by the rapper Tupac Shakur. In sixth grade, he began listening to hip-hop music and studied music with Harvinder Bittu in Ludhiana. During his campaign, he stated that he chose the stage name “Moose Wala” to honor his home village of Moosa.
As an international student, Moose Wala moved to Brampton, Ontario, Canada, following graduation. He studied at Humber College while he lived there.
Leo Dubois Biography, Age, Parents, Origin, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Sidhu Moose Wala Net Worth
As a result of his immense popularity and his whopping 11.6 million Instagram followers, the singer earned a staggering 31 crores in net worth in 2022.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx) (at the time of death)||31 Crores INR|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||4-5 Crores INR|
|Income Source||• Singer|
|Business Ventures||Not Available|
|House(s)||• Moosa, Mansa district, Punjab, India|
• Brampton, Ontario, Canada
|Cars Collection||• Mahindra Thar Jeep|
• Range Rover
• Mercedes Benz
• Toyota Fortuner
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield|
As most people are aware, Sidhu began his career as a songwriter for Ninja’s ‘License’. With the release of ‘G Wagon,’ he began his singing career. Over the years, he has worked hard and earned spots on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart, UK Singles Chart, and Canadian Hot 100, among others.
Concert Fee And Salary Per Song
Sidhu Moose Wala charged a sum of 21 lakhs for a live concert, according to several reports. As well as this, he earned an income of approximately six to eight lakhs per song.
Each of his songs was published on YouTube, where he earned a substantial amount of revenue. Some of the tracks that earned him enormous fame include It’s All About You, ’47, Mustang, and Issa Jatt.
Inigo Martinez Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
It was no secret that Moose Wala loved beasts. As a matter of fact, he owned not one or two, but three Range Rovers – one in black and two in white. He recently purchased a white car that cost him 1.22 crores.
In addition, he owned an Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Z worth 21 lakhs as well as a Hummer H2 worth approximately 75 lakhs. The last but not least is a Toyota Fortuner worth 37 lakhs.
He spent a great deal of time in Canada, where he was well-loved by the audience. In Brampton, he owned a luxurious property with five bedrooms, an exclusive gym, and a swimming pool. Additionally, he owns a large bungalow in Mansa, Punjab, that is known to all of his fans.
Although he has passed away, his legacy will live on forever. RIP Sidhu Moose Wala!
Georginio Wijnaldum Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Salary, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Sidhu Moose Wala Wife And Children
It has been reported in the media that Sidhu was engaged to Amandeep Kaur, a Canadian public relations professional, around two years ago. According to the report, Amandeep is from Sangareddy village. The wedding was originally scheduled for April of this year, according to reports.
It was, however, pushed to November after he lost the Punjab Assembly elections in March 2022. On June 11, Sidhu Moose Wala will turn 29 years old.
Charan Kaur, Sidhu Moose Wala’s mother, previously expressed her excitement about her son’s wedding. In the immediate aftermath of the assembly elections, she had confirmed that Sidhu Moose Wala would tie the knot and that preparations for the same had begun in earnest.
In talking about the situation at the time, she stated, “Just a little more time and he will no longer be a bachelor.”. We are preparing for his wedding, which will take place after the elections this year.”
Nick Lachey Net Worth, Age, Height, Wife, Education, Career & Wiki
Sidhu Moose Wala Music Career
- While living in Brampton, Moose Wala released his first song “G Wagon”. In 2018, he began performing live shows in India.
- As well as performing in the United States, he also performed in Canada. The song “So High” by Moose Wala and Byg Byrd was his breakthrough song in 2017.
- As a result of the song, he was awarded the Best Lyricist award at the 2017 Brit Asia TV Music Awards. Among his successful singles are “Issa Jatt”, “It’s All About You”, “Just Listen”, and “Warning Shots”.
- The single “Tochan” was released by Moose Wala in May 2018. It was followed by “Famous”, which entered the Top 40 Asian charts in the United Kingdom.
- He was nominated for the Best New Age Sensation award at the 2018 PTC Punjabi Music Awards. His first film soundtrack song, “Dollar”, was released in August 2018 for the film Dakuaan Da Munda.
- The debut album by Moose Wala, PBX 1, was released in October 2018 in the pop music genre with elements of hip-hop. The album has been charted on the Canadian Albums Chart. His album was awarded the Best Album Award at the 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
Camilo Vargas Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Most Successful Year – 2019
- Under his own record label, Moose Wala released “Legend” in February 2019. In 2019, he received the Britasia TV Kuflink Best Track of the Year Award.
- During the same month. He released the albums “Chosen” and “Outlaw”. Moose Wala released “East Side Flow” in April 2019, followed by “Mafia Style” in May 2019.
- In June 2019, his concert at the Surrey Music Festival was canceled due to violent activities that occurred during his previous performances.
- As part of the same month, he released “Poison”, which featured R Nait. “Sohne Lagde”, featuring The PropheC, was released by Moose Wala in July 2019. He also released “Hathyar”, the soundtrack to Sikander 2.
- Moose Wala collaborated with Bohemia for “Same Beef” in August 2019.
- Two of his soundtrack songs were released in September 2019: “Dogar” for Teri Meri Jodi and “Jatti Jeone Morh Wargi”, featuring Sonam Bajwa, for Ardab Mutiyaran.
- He released “B Town” in October 2019. Moreover, he released “47”, featuring Mist and Stefflon Don, which entered the top 20 on the UK Singles Chart. A version of the song is also charted on the New Zealand Hot 40 singles chart.
- The single “Dhakka” was released by Moose Wala in December 2019. According to Spotify, he is among the most popular artists in Punjab, along with Maninder Buttar and Karan Aujla.
Manuel Lanzini Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
2020 – 2022
- He collaborated with Prem Dhillon and Nseeb on the song “Old Skool” in January 2020. The song was followed by “Tibeyan Da Putt”, which reached number 8 on the Indian Apple Music charts and topped the iTunes charts.
- In May 2020, he released his second studio album, Snitches Get Stitches, and the same month he released the single “Dear Mama” in honor of his mother’s birthday.
- Amrit Maan and he collaborated on the song “Bambiha Bole” in June 2020. In the first twenty-four hours after its release, the music video was viewed over ten million times. Apple Music charted the song at number one in India and in the top 50 in Canada and New Zealand.
- “Game” was Moose Wala’s first song to chart on the Canadian Hot 100 by Billboard in September 2020.
- Moose Wala released his third studio album, Moosetape, in May 2021. As a result of the success of the album, the singles from the album have charted on a number of international charts, including Billboard Global 200, Canada Hot 100, and New Zealand Hot Singles Chart.
- During the Wireless Festival in London on 12 September 2021, he performed with British rapper Mist. The first Indian singer to perform at this festival was Moose Wala.
- Moose Wala released the EP No Name in April 2022 with AR Paisley, Mr. Capone-E, and Sunny Malton, which debuted at number 73 on the Billboard Top Canadian Albums chart.
- A number of his songs, including “The Last Ride”, “Levels”, “Never Fold”, and “295”, have been included on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 chart. “The Last Ride” reached number 26 and “Levels” reached number 32, and “Never Fold” reached number 97.
- In addition, three of his songs were featured on the Billboard Global Excl. US chart, “The Last Ride” peaked at 103, “295” peaked at 73, and “Levels” peaked at 195.
- Posthumously, his single “SYL” (based on the Satluj Yamuna link canal) reached 27 on the Canadian Hot 100, 81 on the Australian Hot 100, 3 on the Indian Hot 100, and 200 on the Global Exclusive US chart in June 2022.
Sidhu Moose Wala Songs List
|As a lead artist|
• So High
• Issa Jatt
|2018||• Just Listen|
• Its All About You
• Dark Love
• Jatt Da Muqabla
• I’m Better Now
• East Side Flow
• Sidhu's Anthem
• Sohne Lagde
• Forget About It
|2020||• Tibeyan Da Putt|
• Dear Mama
• My Block
|2022||• Youngest In Charge|
• F*ck Em' All
• The Last Ride
|As a featured artist|
|2018||• Russian Tank (Khush Romana featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)|
|2019||• Homicide (Big Boi Deep featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)|
• Same Beef (Bohemia featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• 47 (Mist,Stefflon Don featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
|2020||• Old-Skool (Prem Dhillon featuring Nseeb & Sidhu Moose Wala)|
• Taare (Harlal Batth featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• Bambiha Bole (Amrit Maan featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• Paapi (Rangrez Sidhu featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• No Worries (Raja Game Changerz featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• GAME (Shooter Kahlom featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
• Bai-Bai (Gulab Sidhu featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)
|2021||• Satisfy (Shooter Kahlon featuring Sidhu Moose Wala)|
In 2018, Moose Wala started releasing songs independently following numerous successful collaborations with Humble Music. A diss track entitled “Warning Shots” was released as a response to Karan Aujla’s “Lafaafe”.
His debut album, PBX 1, was released under T-Series in the same year, followed by most of his tracks being released under his own label, as well as tracks by other artists.
Under his own label, Moose Wala released his second studio album, Snitches Get Stitches, in 2020. Moose Wala officially launched his record label, 5911 Records, on 31 August 2020.
Rihanna Biography, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Children, Songs, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Sidhu Moose Wala Acting Career
Under his own production company Jatt Life Studios, Moose Wala made his debut in Punjabi cinema with the film Yes I Am Student. Director Tarnvir Singh Jagpal and writer Gill Raunta helmed this film. Teri Meri Jodi was Moose Wala’s debut film in 2019.
He announced another film titled Gunah in June 2020. The teaser for his upcoming film, Moosa Jatt, starring Sweetaj Brar and directed by Tru Makers, was released on 22 August 2021.
The actor announced on 24 August 2021 that his new film Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya, directed by Amberdeep Singh, was scheduled for release on 18 March 2022.
Sidhu Moose Wala Death And Aftereffects
An unidentified assailant shot and killed Moose Wala in his car on 29 May 2022 in Jawaharke village of Mansa district. Initially, the Lawrence Bishnoi gang claimed responsibility for the murder in an unverified Facebook post, which Bishnoi denied posting, but is currently being held by the Punjab Police and is considered the “mastermind” of the crime by officials.
According to the police, Sidhu Moose Wala left his house at approximately 4:30 pm along with his cousin Gurpreet Singh and neighbor Gurwinder Singh. In his black Mahindra Thar SUV, Moose Wala was on his way to Barnala to visit his aunt.
The SUV was intercepted and blocked by two other cars at 5:30 when it reached the village of Jawaharke. There were thirty rounds fired during the incident, which also resulted in the injury of two other men. Moose Wala also fired back at the attackers with a pistol. As a result of the shootout, the attackers fled the scene. Moose Wala was taken to the civil hospital in Mansa by his father, where he was pronounced dead.
There were 424 people whose police security was reduced or removed completely the day before, in preparation for the anniversary of Operation Blue Star, leaving Moose Wala with only two commandos, compared to four previously.
When the incident occurred, Moose Wala was traveling in his private car with two other people rather than his bullet-proof vehicle with the police commandos. The Thar SUV Moose Wala chose to drive was not able to accommodate five people, according to his friends.
James Khuri Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Business, Net Worth & Wiki
According to the police, the Lawrence Bishnoi gang is claiming responsibility for the murder of Moose Wala as revenge for the murder of an Akali leader, Vicky Middukhera, in 2021. According to the Bishnoi gang, Moose Wala’s aide was involved in the killing of Middukhera, although there is no proof to support this claim.
A Canadian gangster of Punjabi descent, Satinder Singh alias Goldy Brar, claimed responsibility for the murder. As a close associate of Lawrence Bishnoi, Brar claims that his “Punjab Module” (gang) was responsible for the shooting. Both Brar and Bishnoi are facing criminal charges in India. It was later confirmed by the Punjab police that Bishnoi was involved in the incident.
Subsequently, Moose Wala’s father stated in the FIR that Moose Wala received death threats from gangsters for extortion purposes, a statement backed up by Mika Singh.
Bhagwant Mann, the Punjab Chief Minister, condemned the murder. He expressed his shock and grief at the death of Moose Wala and condoled the family of the deceased. Mann instructed the Punjab police to investigate why Moose Wala’s security had been reduced two days earlier. Furthermore, a judicial commission headed by a sitting judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court will be established to investigate the killing. On social media, a number of celebrities expressed their condolences.
At the scene of the crime, police found bullets from an AN-94 Russian assault rifle and a pistol. As a result of the incident, the police detained six suspects from the state of Uttarakhand. During the pilgrimage at Gurudwara Shri Hemkund Sahib on 30 May, one of the murder suspects was detained by the Punjab Police.
The Delhi unit of the Indian National Congress held a protest near the residence of Aam Aadmi Party supremo Arvind Kejriwal on 30 May, accusing the AAP-ruled Punjab government of the incident, which curtailed the security coverage provided to Moose Wala.
The autopsy was conducted by five doctors, and the event was videotaped. Post-mortem reports indicate that Moose Wala suffered 19 bullet wounds on his body and died 15 minutes after being shot.
The cremation of Moose Wala took place in his ancestral village on 31 May. It was on his farmland that he performed his last rites. Lawrence Bishnoi is alleged to have admitted involvement in the murder and that he had a rivalry with Moose Wala on 3 June. A bhog ceremony was held in Mansa on 8 June.
The Delhi police arrested Ankit Sirsa on 3 July for being one of the shooters involved in the killing. On 20 July, the Punjab Police shot and killed gangsters Manpreet Mannu and Jagrup Rupa, who were suspected of being involved in the killing of Moose Wala. The media reported on 26 July that Punjab Police had arrested Deepak Mundi, the last absconding shooter. Nevertheless, the media reported that he was arrested near the border between Bengal and Nepal on 11 September.
Steven Bergwijn Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Nationality, Ajax, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Sidhu Moose Wala
- Since Moose Wala had a strong attachment to his village Moosa, he used to reside there. His fans used to visit his village every day to meet him when he was alive.
- His grandmother held a very special place in his heart. The fact that he kept his hair at the behest of his grandmother was of great importance in Sikhism as his father was unable to do so due to an accident.
- According to artists such as Afsana Khan, Gippy Grewal, and Amrit Maan, Moose Wala’s personality was completely different from his music. A down-to-earth individual, he was in real life.
- There was a rivalry between Moose Wala and Karan Aujla; both responded to each other through songs, social media handles, and live performances. Additionally, both singers have been criticized for singing songs that promote violence.
- A former colleague of both Moose Wala and Aujla, Elly Mangat told a magazine that the dispute between them originated when Moose Wala’s video targeting Aujla in his song was leaked to Aujla’s management, which threatened to attack him. As a result of the incident, both parties began to target each other on social media. It was temporarily resolved until Aujla released a diss track, “Lafaafe”, which was followed by Moose Wala’s “Warning Shot”. According to Aujla in an interview, he did not write the track “Lafaafe” and did not disclose anything about the rivalry between them, but praised Moose Wala’s work.
- Moose Wala was charged with promoting gun culture and violence at the time of his death. Obscene scenes were the subject of two of the charges.
- A pair of videos featuring Moose Wala went viral on social media in May 2020: one showed him training to use an AK-47 with police assistance, and the other featured him shooting a pistol. Following the incident, six officers who had assisted him were suspended.
- According to the Arms Act, he was arrested on 19 May. Police began conducting raids in an attempt to locate Moose Wala, but he absconded to avoid arrest. Moose Wala and five other officers were denied anticipatory bail by the Barnala District Court on 2 June.
- On 6 June 2020, Moose Wala was fined in Nabha for tinting his car windows beyond what was permitted, and was allowed to leave despite being under lookout; Moose Wala incorrectly informed the officers that he was already on bail. A regular bail was granted to him in July after he joined the police investigation. In that same month, he released a single entitled “Sanju”, in which he compared himself with actor Sanjay Dutt, who was also arrested under the Arms Act. Avneet Sidhu, an Indian sport shooter, criticized the song and criticized Moose Wala for promoting gun culture. A case was filed against him the following day for the release of the song. According to Moose Wala, some news channels and lawyers have deliberately targeted him in an interview.
- In September 2019, Sikh leaders deemed his song “Jatti Jeone Morh Wargi” inappropriate for using the name of Mai Bhago, a 17th-century Sikh warrior woman. The Akali Dal and Sikh delegations demanded a ban on the song, following which complaints were filed against Moose Wala in Mansa and Bathinda. In March 2020, Moose Wala appeared before the Sikh religious body Akal Takht in a hearing concerning the incident. He later apologized on social media.
- The single “Panjab: My Motherland” was released by Moose Wala in December 2020 in support of the Indian farmer’s protest against the Indian agriculture act of 2020, containing clips of Orthodox militants Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and speeches from Khalistan supporters Bharpur Singh Balbir in the late 1980s. According to Moose Wala, Khalistan is representative of a pure place, such as it was under the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, where people of all religions lived together in harmony.
Jay-Z Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Music Career & Wiki
Drake wrote in the caption, “Sidhu Moose Wala (1993-2022). We celebrate your life and influence in India and Canada. Rest in peace to a dear friend and legend.”
Drake began following Moosewala on Instagram in 2020. He was a regular performer at live shows in Canada and counted Drake among his musical influences.
His honesty, however, was also accompanied by a duality. During his interviews, he presented himself as a God-fearing, humble individual, whereas in his music videos, he ridiculed his contemporaries and described himself as a “self-made” star from Moosa.
However, his critics have accused him of promoting gun culture and glorifying crime through the provocative lyrics of his songs. In one of his songs, ‘Jatti Jeonay Morh Di Bandook Wargi,’ he references a Sikh warrior of the 18th century named Mai Bhago. Moosewala was accused of portraying the Sikh warrior in a negative light.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Sidhu Moose Wala. Hopefully, Sidhu Moose Wala’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Sidhu Moose Wala.