Georginio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum is a Dutch midfielder who plays for Paris Saint-Germain and the Netherlands national team. He made his debut for Eredivisie side Feyenoord in 2007 and played 134 matches over a five-year period, winning the KNVB Cup in 2008. Wijnaldum spent four seasons at PSV Eindhoven after leaving Feyenoord, where he won the KNVB Cup in his first year, and the Eredivisie in his last, a season in which he won the Dutch Footballer of the Year award. Wijnaldum joined Newcastle United in 2015 for £14.5 million, before moving to Liverpool in a £23 million deal following the club’s relegation.
Wijnaldum took on a deeper role in midfield at Liverpool than he did before. As Liverpool went through 4–3 on aggregate in the 2018-19 Champions League semi-final second leg, Wijnaldum scored twice, and he also started in the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final. The following season, he helped Liverpool win the UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, and the Premier League for the first time in 30 years. Free transfer to Paris Saint-Germain in 2021 for Wijnaldum. Since making his debut in 2011, Wijnaldum has earned over seventy caps for the Netherlands and was part of the squad that finished third at the 2014 FIFA World Cup and runner-up in the 2018 UEFA Nations League.
Georginio Wijnaldum Bio/Wiki
WoodGram proudly presents to you a full story of a football genius, who is better known by the nickname: “Gini”.
Georginio Wijnaldum’s Biography will provide you with a complete account of notable events that he has experienced since his childhood time.
There are many aspects of Georginio Wijnaldum’s Biography that I will discuss, such as his life story before fame, his family, parents, and wife (Virginia Braaf), lifestyle, personal life, and net worth, and many off-pitch facts he has.
Yes, everyone knows about his career, but few pay attention to Georginio Wijnaldum’s bio, which is actually quite interesting. And now, without further ado, let’s begin.
Ryan Gravenberch Biography, Age, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
In the year 1990, Georgio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum was born on the 11th day of November. He was raised by his mother, Maureen Wijnaldum, and his father, Ramon van La Parra, in Rotterdam, South Holland.
After his parents, who are both of Afro-Surinamese descent, divorced when he was six years old, his mother moved to Amsterdam, which resulted in his father moving to England.
However, Wijnaldum decided to remain in Rotterdam and subsequently moved in with his grandmother, with whom he spent the rest of his childhood.
During Wijnaldum’s younger years, he never showed any interest in football. During his younger years, he never touched a ball or watched football on television. He always dreamed of becoming a gymnast or an acrobat.
This plan changed when Wijnaldum’s nephew asked him if he could attend Sparta Rotterdam’s opening day with him. “The Beautiful Game of Football in all its Glory” was something he didn’t believe he had just seen.
After watching a youth game, he didn’t want to live any longer. He was invited to the Sparta Rotterdam youth academy and it was then that his love for football started to grow slowly. Within a short period of time, he became a member of their youth squad.
The Dutch striker, Wijnaldum, played for Sparta Rotterdam for seven seasons before deciding to accept a new Feyenoord offer, where he ended his youth career.
He was convinced that playing for Feyenoord was better for his development as a football player and believed in Feyenoord’s vision.
During his time at Feyenoord, Wijnaldum became part of a successful generation that included the likes of Leroy Fer and Luis Pedro. The Dutch midfielder stood out as a unique talent.
‘Feyenoord’s technical director announced on 29 June 2011 that Feyenoord had reached an agreement with PSV over a transfer deal for Wijnaldum in the amount of €5 million.’
He grew up in the ranks of the team and, once again, was offered the number 10 shirt. On the pitch, Wijnaldum excelled as a leader who was popularly known for his hairstyle.
As of 11 July 2015, Wijnaldum had joined English Premier League club Newcastle United on a five-year contract, for a reported transfer fee of £14.5 million, making him the most expensive signing under the ownership of Mike Ashley.
The interest of Liverpool arose when he was considered the player of the match in a game against them when he forced Martin Skrtel into an own goal and also scored himself as part of a 2-0 victory.
They could not resist after observing that he had finished the season as their top goalscorer, so they did not hesitate to splash out £23 million on Newcastle’s table. Well, as they say, the rest is history now.
Georginio Wijnaldum is in a long-term relationship with Mirella Pereira. Gini Wijnaldum and Mirella Pereira have been together since 2017.
Before Wijnaldum began dating Pereira, Liverpool’s star was in a long-term relationship with Virginia Braaf. They have dated since they were 12 and have two children together but called it quits in early 2016.
However, later in 2016, Gini Wijnaldum started dating Mirella Pereira, as the rumors started to spread when they were seen holding hands on a couple of occasions.
Virgil van Dijk Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Salary, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
You just need to look at Georginio Wijnaldum, who had been together with Virginia from the time he was twelve years old.
It is without a doubt that the full-lipped Rotterdam girl was nothing like the cliche WAG. Neither of the lovers had settled down yet as of the date of writing.
Definitely, if there is someone who is not a gold digger, it would be Ms. Braaf. Despite the fact that her football-playing husband is extremely successful, she never brags about his accomplishments.
In fact, how many football wives would choose to attend a Sunday morning church service rather than sleep in? In fact, Virginia Braaf certainly did, as she lives for God every single day. Virginia Braaf found peace in her faith after a long road toward salvation.
The life of Virginia Braaf is one of productivity and success. There is a jewelry line called “Sparkle Vermont” that she owns. On top of that, she also worked for a fitness program called The BodSquad. She used to work with drug addicts in the past, so she has worked with a lot of different people.
On her social media pages, you will not find a tsunami of duck faces, but mostly sweet photos of her husband, their children, and, of course, videos of the church service. Despite his busy schedule, Wijnaldum always finds the time to spend with his children.
Virginia, Wijnaldum’s ex-wife, gave birth to a boy named Jacian in August of 2017. Jacinta Wijnaldum gave birth to this baby just hours after he had helped Jurgen Klopp’s side book their place in the group stages of the Champions League with a 4-2 win over Hoffenheim.
It has been reported that Dutch midfielder Wijnaldum has posted the news on his social media accounts. According to him:
The wonderful news I want to share with you is that my beautiful girlfriend gave birth to our son Jacian Emile Wijnaldum at 2:22 am today 24th August 2017. I am so pleased to share this news with you. Both my girlfriend and our son are very healthy and very happy.
Reports have recently surfaced stating that Wijnaldum is of Ghanaian ancestry. A long time ago he removed the Ghanaian name “Boateng” from his surname, which he had used for a long time.
Denzel Dumfries Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
There was a time when he went by the family name Georginio Boateng and not Georginio Wijnaldum. In the wake of his mother’s divorce, he adopted her maiden name (Wijnaldum) as his own.
In fact, the ‘Boateng’ in his name is the name of his stepfather who is related to the retired Dutch footballer of Ghanaian origin, George Boateng.
After he divorced my mother, Wijnaldum took the surname off me, since his stepfather gave it to me. Wijnaldum said once, “my mother and my original father are both Surinamese, so people should be aware of that.”
One of Wijnaldum’s younger brothers, Giliano Wijnaldum, plays for the Philadelphia Union and is one of Wijnaldum’s younger brothers.
Also, he has a half-brother, Rajiv van La Parra, who is currently playing for Huddersfield Town. He also has a younger brother, Rogerio Wijnaldum, who is an upcoming footballer. Rogerio has a great deal of respect for his older brother.
It should be noted that Wijnaldum is the cousin of former Real Madrid player Royston Drenthe. It has been a journeyman career for Renthe, as he spent time at Real Madrid and Everton on loan before playing for Reading.
Georginio Wijnaldum Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
In early August of 2021, the midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum signed a contract with Paris Saint-Germain which will net him an astounding salary of 11 Million Euros (9.5 Million Pounds) per year. Based on our calculation, it appears that he is earning €13,934 (£12,522) per day and €581 (£522) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||14 Million Euro (12.6 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||11 Million Euros (9.5 Million Pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€925,000 (£804,348)|
|Per Week Salary||€213,462 (£185,619)|
|Per Day Salary||€30,411 (£26,444)|
|Per Hour Salary||€1,266 (£1,101)|
|Per Minute Salary||€21 (£18)|
|Current Contract||With Paris Saint-Germain|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$33.00 Million|
|Market Value||$19.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$55.00 Million (Jun 13, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
It is well known that Gini has been playing in the Premier League for several seasons and is now at the richest club in the world (PSG). He can be considered a millionaire by now. In his current position, he earns over 10 million Euros per year and we estimate that Georginio Wijnaldum total net worth is approximately 14 million Euros (12.6 million pounds).
The market value of Georginio Wijnaldum is higher than what his latest transfer suggests. The fact that he is a free agent means that PSG did not pay a penny for his services. At least not for the transfer of his services. The market value of his services is around $19.80 million.
Daley Blind Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Ajax, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Georginio Wijnaldum Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
Georginio Wijnaldum is a 31-year-old Dutch midfielder who plays for Paris Saint-Germain in France. He plays as a central midfielder for the club. In FIFA 22, Georginio Wijnaldum has a rating of 84 with a potential rating of 84. Wijnaldum has received a rating of 3 stars for his skill moves. He prefers to use his right foot to shoot the ball.
His work rate is considered to be High / High. According to our database, Wijnaldum’s height is 175 cm, and his weight is estimated to be 74 kg. Currently, Georginio Wijnaldum is playing with the numbers 18 and 8 in the midfield.
Georginio Wijnaldum FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|78||Heading Accuracy||73||FK Accuracy|
|87||Short Passing||81||Long Passing|
- After joining Sparta Rotterdam at the age of six, Wijnaldum established himself quickly and won two championship titles in his first two seasons with the club.
- Soon after his arrival, Ajax, PSV, and Feyenoord showed interest in the youngster, but he declined them all: “I didn’t watch football on TV and I didn’t know any of the first team players of Sparta or any of the top clubs.”.
- After playing for Sparta Rotterdam for seven seasons and representing the Netherlands at different levels during his youth, Wijnaldum decided to move on to a new club after all
- That Feyenoord had to offer him. He was convinced that playing for Feyenoord was better for his development as a football player and he believed in the vision of Feyenoord.
- With Feyenoord, Wijnaldum joined a successful generation that included the likes of Leroy Fer and Luis Pedro. It was clear that Wijnaldum was an exceptional talent.
- After turning 16 years of age, Wijnaldum was invited by Feyenoord manager Erwin Koeman, a few weeks after turning 16, to attend the first team’s training camp in Belek, Turkey.
- It was on 8 April 2007 when Wijnaldum made his official debut as a starter for Feyenoord against Groningen, a 4–0 Eredivisie defeat at home.
- At the age of 16 and 148 days, Wijnaldum became the youngest player to play in Feyenoord’s first team. He was also selected as Feyenoord’s man of the match.
- Wijnaldum scored his first Eredivisie goal for Feyenoord on 2 December 2007, against Heracles Almelo in a 6–0 win at home.
- Wijnaldum made his official debut for the Dutch national team during the 2008-09 season.
- It was on 18 September 2008 that he was named in the starting lineup of the 1–0 home defeat to Kalmar FF in the UEFA Cup.
- Feyenoord’s return match against Kalmar FF on 2 October 2008 resulted in a 1–2 win and a place in the competition’s group stage for him, which followed his first European goal on that day.
- On 6 March 2009, Wijnaldum signed a new contract with Feyenoord, which would have kept him at the club until the summer of 2012.
- He scored four goals in Feyenoord’s 5-1 demolition of Groningen on 27 February 2011, giving his struggling team a much-needed boost.
- The first half of the game saw him score two goals from open play and two more from the penalty spot for a total of eight goals for the season.
- The technical director of Feyenoord announced on 29 June 2011 that the club had reached an agreement with PSV regarding the transfer of Wijnaldum, reported to be worth about €5 million.
- Wijnaldum made his debut for PSV in the opening game of the 2011–12 Eredivisie season, which ended in a 3–1 defeat to AZ.
- The 21st of August 2011 was the first time Wijnaldum scored for PSV in a 3–0 victory over ADO Den Haag.
- Wijnaldum managed to establish himself in the starting 11 since joining the club, scoring goals and providing assists from his attacking role in midfield in the Eredivisie, the KNVB Cup, and the UEFA Europa League since joining the club.
- As a result of the retirement of Mark van Bommel and the departure of Kevin Strootman in the summer of 2013, Wijnaldum was named PSV’s captain for the 2013-2014 Eredivisie season.
- Due to a back injury, he was only able to play in 11 matches that year, scoring four goals. The 2014-2015 Eredivisie season was Wijnaldum’s first season back to full fitness and he led PSV to their first Eredivisie title since 2008.
- The Dutch international signed a five-year contract with English Premier League club Newcastle United on 11 July 2015 for a reported fee of £14.5 million, making him the most expensive signing ever under Ashley’s ownership.
- In his Newcastle debut, on 9 August, Jan Wijnaldum headed in a goal from Gabriel Obertan’s cross after Newcastle began their season with a 2–2 draw at home against Southampton.
- On 18 October, Wijnaldum scored four goals in Newcastle’s 6–2 win over Norwich City, becoming only the second player in the history of the club to score more than three goals in a Premier League match.
- Among the goals he scored were one against Manchester United in a 3-3 draw on 12 January 2016, another against West Ham United two days later in a 2–1 win, and then twice against Tottenham Hotspur in a 5–1 win on the final day of the season, finishing the season as Newcastle’s top goalscorer.
- Wijnaldum returned to the Premier League on the 22nd of July 2016, signing for Liverpool on a five-year contract, for an initial fee of £23 million, plus a further £2 million in conditional add-ons. He was given the shirt with the number 5 on it.
- In the Premier League, Wijnaldum made his debut for Liverpool against Arsenal on 14 August 2016, when he played 80 minutes and provided an assist to Adam Lallana before being replaced by Kevin Stewart.
- In a 6-to-1 thrashing of Watford on 6 November, he scored his first goal for the club. On 31 December, he scored the only goal in the match with a powerful header in Liverpool’s 1–0 victory over Manchester City to move the team four points clear at the top of the table.
- His goal received high praise from the media. Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Arsenal on 4 March 2017 was sealed by a close-range strike from Gini Wijnaldum in stoppage time.
- In the final match of the 2016–17 Premier League season, with Liverpool needing a victory over Middlesbrough to secure a top-four finish and a berth in the 2017–18 European Champions League, Wijnaldum scored a stoppage-time goal in the first half to help Liverpool win 3–0.
- It was on 28 October 2017 that Wijnaldum scored his first goal of the 2017-18 season, scoring the third goal in Liverpool’s 3–0 win against newly-promoted Huddersfield Town.
- On the 2nd of May 2018, Wijnaldum scored his first away goal for a club since May 2015, and his first-ever for an English club, when he scored in Liverpool’s 7–6 aggregate victory over Roma to help the club progress to the Champions League final of the 2017–18 season.
- It was also through his goal that Liverpool broke the competition’s record for the most goals scored in a single campaign, as the club’s tally of 46 goals surpasses the previous mark of 45 set by Barcelona during the same campaign.
- Liverpool’s Wijnaldum played the full 90 minutes in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final against Real Madrid, in which Liverpool lost 1–3 in the end.
- It was the first time Wijnaldum has scored an away goal in his Premier League career on 15 September 2018 when he scored the opening goal in a 2–1 win over Tottenham Hotspur.
- On the 29th of September, he made his 100th appearance for the club in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea in the Premier League.
- He made his 100th appearance for Liverpool in the Premier League on 14 April 2019, and it was against the same opposition.
- The Dutch midfielder was the first choice in Liverpool’s competitive midfield selection at the start of the 2019–20 season. As the league runners-up to Manchester City, Liverpool was invited to the 2019 FA Community Shield as the FA Cup and League double winners the previous season.
- It was a pleasure to see Wijnaldum in the starting lineup, he played the whole match, and he was one of the Liverpool penalty-takers in the subsequent penalty shoot-out, but he missed what subsequently proved to be the crucial penalty as Man City won 5–4 on penalties.
- He made his first appearance for Liverpool in the Premier League against Norwich City but was on the bench in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup, which Liverpool qualified for via last season’s Champions League win.
- In the 64th minute, Wijnaldum was brought on to replace James Milner. As a result, he did not participate in the penalty shoot-out that resulted in the game, even though he played for the remainder of the match.
- It was Wijnaldum who won the second trophy in three months as Liverpool beat Chelsea 6-5 on penalties. It has come just two days after the Netherlands international was tapped 26th in the polls for the 2019 Ballon d’Or award, that Wijnaldum scored for Liverpool in a 5–2 win over Everton as Liverpool extended their unbeaten running in league football to a club-record 32 matches.
- It was over a hundred appearances in all but one of the club’s 38 Premier League games during which he scored four goals and was one of Liverpool’s key players when they won the Premier League title for the first time in 30 years.
- In the 2020–21 season, Wijnaldum managed to score 3 goals in 51 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool in all competitions. It was due to his efforts that the club reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League and secured a place in the competition for the following season.
- On the 23rd of May 2021, Wijnaldum played his final match for Liverpool in a 2–0 win over Crystal Palace. Earlier today, the club confirmed that manager Jürgen Klopp was to leave the club at the end of his contract.
- As reported by Fabrizio Romano and The Guardian, on 7 June 2021, Dutch international defender Gini Wijnaldum signed a three-year contract with Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
- As per a report from the French press, PSG “hijacked” a deal for the midfielder from La Liga club Barcelona, offering him “twice the wage” that Barcelona had offered.
- The move was officially announced on 10 June, and Wijnaldum made his first presentation at PSG on 22 July. He chose the number 18 jersey.
- Against RB Leipzig on 3 November 2021, Wijnaldum scored twice for the first time for PSG in a 2–2 Champions League draw.
- On 4 December, he netted his first Ligue 1 goal in a 1-1 away draw against Lens, when he salvaged a point with a header in injury time. In the end, Wijnaldum had won the league title with Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season.
- It was Wijnaldum who was one of the key players who made up the Netherlands under-17 squad at the 2007 UEFA European Under-17 Championship held in Belgium.
- However, the team finished third in their group behind England and Belgium, and thus failed to qualify for the knockout stage.
- In a matter of hours after the tournament, Wijnaldum was selected to be part of the Netherlands under-19 squad. The team had excellent individual performances, but despite this, the team underperformed and failed to qualify for the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in the Czech Republic and the 2009 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Ukraine.
- Johan Neeskens, the manager of the Netherlands B, invited the young midfielder to the Netherlands B on 12 November 2008. Wijnaldum was unable to accept the invitation due to an injury.
- On 9 August 2009, Wijnaldum was forced to decline his first invitation from the Netherlands under-21 team. Manager Cor Pot had invited Wijnaldum to play in a friendly match against England on that day.
- In the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification match against Finland, Wijnaldum made his official debut for the Netherlands under-21 team on 4 September 2009, winning his first match by a score of 2–0.
- In May 2011, Wijnaldum was named in the Netherlands senior squad for friendlies against Brazil and Uruguay but did not play in either of the matches.
- On the 2nd of September 2011, Jeremy made his international debut as a substitute in the 86th minute of the match against San Marino. He then went on to score the winning goal in an 11-0 victory.
- Wijnaldum was a member of the Netherlands team at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, and scored his second goal for the Netherlands in a 3–0 victory over Brazil in the play-off for third place.
- In a 2–1 defeat to France in the UEFA Nations League on 9 September 2018, he made his 50th appearance for the Netherlands.
- As a result of racist abuse directed at Ahmad Mendes Moreira in the Eredivisie this November, Wijnaldum celebrated an international goal by gesturing at the color of Mendes Moreira’s skin in support of the player.
- As a result of an anterior cruciate ligament injury that occurred to captain and club teammate Virgil van Dijk in November of 2020, Wijnaldum was appointed captain of the Netherlands team in his absence.
- In June of 2021, during the Euro 2020, Dutch winger Wijnaldum declared that he would wear a rainbow armband under the slogan “One Love” during the Netherlands’ game of the Round of 16 in an act of solidarity as well as solidarity with German captain Manuel Neuer, who had a case opened against him by UEFA for wearing the rainbow armband. There was a later dismissal of the case.
Facts About Georginio Wijnaldum
- Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam, the capital of South Holland.
- In the year 1951, when he was six years old, his parents, who were both of Surinamese descent, divorced, resulting in his mother moving to Amsterdam.
- In spite of this, Wijnaldum decided to stay in Rotterdam and moved in with his grandmother, where he lived for the remainder of his childhood.
- During the younger years of Wijnaldum’s life, he never showed any interest in football whatsoever.
- He never played with a ball, and he never watched football on TV. It was his ambition to become a gymnast or an acrobat.
- In the spring of 2006, this changed when Wijnaldum’s cousin asked him to come with him to Sparta Rotterdam’s opening day; he was then invited to the Sparta Rotterdam youth academy, and his love for football began to slowly bloom.
- The Brazilian has two younger brothers, one of whom is Giliano Wijnaldum, who most recently played for Sparta Rotterdam, and a half-brother, Rajiv van La Parra, who is currently playing for Apollon Smyrnis.
- Wijnaldum had previously been known as Georginio Boateng, but after his mother’s divorce, he took her maiden name (Wijnaldum).
Where is Georginio Wijnaldum’s parents from?
Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam, South Holland. When he was six years old, his parents, who are both of Surinamese descent, went through a divorce resulting in his mother moving to Amsterdam.
How old is Wijnaldum?
Does Wijnaldum have tattoos?
Georginio Wijnaldum is a very handsome man. He has impressive tattoos across his chest and arms. He tattooed his various family names, which is an exciting fact about Georginio Wijnaldum. He has another tattoo of an angle with a ball in its hands.
What position is Wijnaldum in?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Biography, Height, Career, Stats, Net Worth & Wiki
A look at Georginio Wijnaldum’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Georginio Wijnaldum in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Georginio Wijnaldum’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Dutch Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Georginio Wijnaldum, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Dutch Football Stories from WoodGram.