The Uruguayan footballer Sebastian Coates Nion, also known as Seba Coates, plays center-back for Portuguese club Sporting CP and the Uruguay national team. From his debut at Nacional in 2009, Coates became a regular for Liverpool in 2011. In 2015, he joined Sunderland on a permanent basis after spending time on loan at Nacional and Sunderland. After joining Sporting on loan in January 2016, he signed permanently in February 2017.
During the 2020–21 season, Coates led Sporting to a number of trophies, including the club’s first league title in 19 years. In 2011, Coates made his international debut for Uruguay and was voted Young Player of the Tournament. Aside from the 2012 Olympics, he also represented the country at the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups, as well as the 2015 and 2019 Copa América.
Sebastian Coates Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Sebastian Coates. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Sebastián Coates Nion|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Seba Coates|
|Age||33 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Born Place||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Date of Birth||7 October 1990|
|Home Town||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Peter Coates|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Available|
Son(s)- 2- Santiago (Name is not available of another son.)
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||InterLex Sport|
|Debut Club||• 2017: Sporting CP|
|Debut International||• 2011: Uruguay national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 4 (Sporting CP)|
• 19 (Uruguay national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Sporting CP|
• Uruguay national football team
|Position||Defender – Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 196 cm|
in meters- 1.96 m
in feet inches- 6’5″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg|
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||On his paternal side, he is of Scottish ancestry, although his family does not speak English.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Sebastian Coates Net Worth
In 2023, what will Sebastian Coates’s salary be?
In Feb 2017 Sebastian Coates signed a contract with Sporting CP that extended on Aug 30, 2022, ends in 2024, and netted him a whopping salary of £2,245,500 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,169 per day and £257 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$4 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,245,500|
|Per Month Salary||£187,125|
|Per Week Salary||£43,182|
|Per Day Salary||£6,169|
|Per Hour Salary||£257|
|Per Minute Salary||£4.3|
|Current Contract||With Sporting CP|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Feb 2, 2017|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$5.19 Million|
|Market Value||$8.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$16.50 Million (Jun 7, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Sebastian Coates has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million, and his market value is about $8.80 million.
Sebastian Coates FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Sebastian Coates plays for Sporting CP in Portugal as a Centre Back. In FIFA 22 he has an overall rating of 83 with a potential rating of 83. A 2-star rating has been given to Coates’ skillmoves.
Sebastian Coates FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|82||Heading Accuracy||19||FK Accuracy|
|74||Short Passing||72||Long Passing|
|85||Defensive Awareness||85||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is the one he prefers to use when shooting. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Coates’s height is 196 cm and his weight is 85 kg. Sebastian Coates is currently playing with numbers 4 and 19.
Sebastian Coates Wife And Children
As of 2022, Sebastian Coates is a married athlete. Coates is married to his long-term girlfriend. During his vacations, he enjoys spending time with his family and exploring new places. On his Instagram account, he regularly posts pictures of his wife and children.
Although Coates has not revealed the identity of his wife, he enjoys posting photos of her on his Instagram account. Furthermore, Coates has been kept in the dark about his wife’s work. As of 2022, Coates is married and has two sons.
Kamil Jozwiak Biography, Age, Girlfriend, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- At 11, Coates joined Nacional and worked his way up, becoming captain at every level.
- A year after signing a contract, he started playing for the first team.
- El Pais named him a man of the match for his performance against Bella Vista.
- Despite suspensions and national duty, he started every game for Nacional.
Sebastian Coates With Liverpool
- The Premier League club Liverpool showed a lot of interest in Coates in August 2011.
- In the days leading up to his proposed transfer, he got a medical at Melwood and watched Liverpool play Bolton Wanderers.
- According to reports, Liverpool signed Coates on a long-term deal for around £7 million on 30 August.
- In a 4–0 loss to Tottenham Hotspur on 18 September, Coates made his Liverpool debut, replacing the injured Daniel Agger in the 27th minute.
- On 21 September, Coates made his first start for the club against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- As a result, Liverpool won 2–1 and Coates started Liverpool’s next game against Stoke City, which they also won 2–1.
- Coates won his first medal as a Liverpool player after Liverpool won the tournament through all stages.
- In the 3–2 loss at Loftus Road on 21 March 2012, he scored his first goal for Liverpool with a scissor kick from the edge of the box.
- In August 2013, Coates suffered a knee injury playing for Uruguay against Japan in a friendly match.
- The player was sidelined for much of the 2013–14 season due to the injury.
- Coates returned to Nacional on loan in the second half of the season, helping him to secure a spot in Uruguay’s World Cup team.
Karol Swiderski Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Coates was loaned out to Sunderland for a season after joining fellow Uruguayan manager Gus Poyet there on 1 September 2014.
- On the 23rd, he made his League Cup debut against Stoke City at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland lost 1–2 after he was substituted for Patrick van Aanholt at halftime.
- His first league match was on 3 December, when he played the entire 1–4 loss to Manchester City at home.
- Sunderland won 10-0 in the Tyne-Wear derby against Newcastle on 21 December as Coates filled in for Anthony Réveillère, who suffered an injury during the warm-up.
- Under Poyet, Coates did not make another Premier League start after Sunderland lost 1–3 to Hull in the next game.
- Following the sacking of the manager and the appointment of Dick Advocaat, Coates became more involved.
- With a game to spare, he played every minute of Sunderland’s five unbeaten games that kept them from relegation.
- Coates signed a four-year contract with Sunderland on 1 July 2015 for an undisclosed fee reported to be in the region of £2 million.
- A 6–2 loss away to Everton resulted in his own goal on 1 November.
Sebastian Coates Transfer To Sporting CP
- As new Black Cats manager Sam Allardyce sought to balance the books, Coates signed for Sporting CP on loan until the end of the season.
- As the Lisbon-based club finished second over the season, he played 13 matches (all starts) as he made his debut on 8 February in a goalless home draw with Rio Ave.
- His loan was extended for the following season on 10 May.
- At home against Maritimo, Coates scored his first goal for the Leoes by heading in Joao Mario’s corner kick on the first day of the 2016–17 season.
- On 2 February 2017, he became a permanent member of Sporting.
- On 26 January 2019, Coates missed his spot-kick, but Sporting won the Taca da Liga title for the second time in a row with a 3–1 victory over FC Porto.
- A penalty shoot-out was required to determine the winner after Sporting and Porto tied 2–2 on 25 May in the final of the Taca de Portugal.
- A conversion by Coates helped Sporting to a 5–4 victory.
- As Sporting lost 2–3 to Rio Ave on 31 August 2019, Coates conceded three penalties. The three fouls were all committed against Iranian forward Mehdi Taremi.
- A key member of the team that won Primeira Liga for the first time in 19 years, Coates captained it in 2020-21.
- He led a defense that kept 20 clean sheets and only conceded 20 goals in 34 matches in 2020-21 Primeira Liga.
Hans Vanaken Biography, Age, Wife, Family, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- He was called up to Uruguay’s under-20 team for the CONMEBOL–CONCACAF playoff against Costa Rica ahead of the 2010 World Cup.
- During the Copa América second group match between Argentina and Chile, he played the full 90 minutes of a 1-1 draw at the Estadio Malvinas Argentinas in Mendoza, Argentina.
- Aside from being suspended for the quarter-final win over the hosts, Coates played the rest of the tournament, and his nation won the award for the Best Young Player.
- At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Oscar Tabarez called him up for the Uruguay Olympic football team.
- Despite his efforts, Uruguay ultimately failed to qualify for the knockout round despite him playing every minute.
- A four-time FIFA Confederations Cup participant, he played a brief substitute role in Uruguay’s 2–1 victory over Nigeria and started in their 8–0 win against Tahiti.
- Even though Coates missed the entire Premier League season due to injury, he recovered in time to make the final 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In the 2–1 group stage victory over England, he played two minutes as a substitute for his Liverpool teammate Luis Suarez.
- Due to Diego Godin’s suspension, Coates played in Uruguay’s final Copa América group match, a 1–1 draw against Paraguay.
- As a result, Uruguay was eliminated by the hosts in the quarterfinals.
- During the 2018 World Cup in Russia, he was named to Uruguay’s 23-man squad.
Awer Mabil Biography, Age, Sister, Girlfriend, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
He played with Liverpool FC from 2011 to mid of 2013. Currently, he plays for the club Sporting CP and Uruguay national football team.
Coates captained and was a key player for the side that won the 2020–21 Primeira Liga, the club’s first league title in 19 years.
Sebastián Coates is 33 years old.
Sebastián Coates’s preferred foot is right.
Craig Goodwin Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Sebastian Coates worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Sebastian Coates has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Sebastian Coates’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Sebastian Coates.