Riley Patrick McGree (born 2 November 1998) is an Australian footballer who plays for Middlesbrough in the EFL Championship and for the Australian national team. McGree was born and raised north of Adelaide in Gawler, South Australia. As a four-year-old, he joined Gawler Eagles FC after the town’s Australian rules football club was full and stayed with the Eagles for eight years. In 2016, McGree started his professional football career with Adelaide United after playing youth football for Gawler, the FFSA NTC, and the FFSA Junior Team. Riley McGree is currently dating his stunning girlfriend Jordy Boyce.
After joining Club Brugge of the Belgian top flight in 2017, he spent two loan spells back in Australia with Newcastle Jets and Melbourne City before returning to Adelaide United. A year later, Middlesbrough acquired him from that club, who loaned him to Birmingham City for 18 months before selling him to Major League Soccer expansion franchise Charlotte FC. McGree was called up to the Australian national team for the first time in 2017 after playing for the Australian under-17 team in 2013.
Riley McGree Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Riley McGree. It gives you the ability to read through the Australian footballer profile as fast as possible.[table id=4449 /]
Riley McGree Net Worth
In 2023, what will Riley McGree’s salary be?
In Jan 2022 Riley McGree signed a contract with Middlesbrough FC that ends in 2025 that netted him a whopping salary of £986,280 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,710 per day and £113 per hour![table id=4450 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Riley McGree has an estimated net worth of around $3 Million, and his market value is about $2.75 million.
Riley McGree FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Riley McGree is a 24-year-old central midfielder for Middlesbrough FC in England. He has an overall rating of 70 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 77. A 3-star rating has been assigned to McGree’s skill moves.[table id=4451 /]
With his left foot, he prefers to shoot. His workrate is high/medium. According to our database, McGree’s height is 178 cm and his weight is 72 kg. Riley McGree plays with the numbers 8 and 14 at the moment.
Riley McGree With Adelaide United
- McGree made his Adelaide United debut against Western Sydney Wanderers on 19 March 2016.
- He made his first start for the club in the 2016 FFA Cup loss to Redlands United on 3 August 2016.
- He signed a one-year senior contract with Adelaide two weeks later.
- On 29 January 2017, McGree scored his first A-League goal for the Reds with a shot from the edge of the area in a draw with Wellington Phoenix.
Riley McGree At Club Brugge
McGree joined Belgian club Club Brugge in July 2017 after impressing at Adelaide United, including being called up for the Australian national team.
Loan To Newcastle Jets
- McGree signed a short-term loan deal with Newcastle Jets on 19 December 2017, replacing Jake Adelson.
- After the official transfer is lodged in late January, he will join the squad due to his international commitments.
- A scorpion kick he scored in the A-League semi-final earned McGree a FIFA Puskas nomination.
- Newcastle Jets sought to sign McGree on loan again at the end of the season, but he returned to Club Brugge.
Loan To Melbourne City
Following the announcement that McGree was returning to Club Brugge, McGree joined Melbourne City on a season-long loan in June 2018.
Return To Adelaide United
- On 5 July 2019, Adelaide United announced McGree would return for three seasons for an undisclosed fee.
- McGree scored 10 goals in the league and 3 goals in the cup, including one in the FFA Cup final against Melbourne City in his first season back for Adelaide United.
- As a result of his outstanding performance, he won the Aurelio Vidmar Club Champion award and the club’s golden boot award.
Riley McGree With Charlotte FC
A fee was not disclosed when McGree was sold to Major League Soccer expansion franchise Charlotte FC on 5 October 2020.
Loan To Birmingham City
- In his first season at Charlotte FC, McGree was loaned to English Championship club Birmingham City.
- In a 1–0 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday on 17 October, he made his Birmingham City debut as a substitute.
- On his first start two weeks later, he scored when he reacted quickest to a loose ball after Lukas Jutkiewicz’s mishit shot; Birmingham won 2–1.
- During the season, McGree made 15 appearances, and his loan was extended until 1 January 2022.
- As Birmingham Media reports, he became “undroppable, impressing with his work-rate, mobility, versatility, and, in the end, quality” after making his first league start in October.
- Before his loan expired, he scored twice and assisted twice in 13 league matches.
- As Charlotte FC prepared for their MLS debut, rumors linked McGree to Celtic, managed by Ange Postecoglou, who first called him up to the senior national team or another EFL Championship club.
- Middlesbrough signed him on 14 January after he decided not to join Celtic.
Riley McGree Transfer To Middlesbrough
As of 14 January 2022, McGree is under contract with Middlesbrough in the EFL Championship. His fee has not yet been disclosed.
A 4–1 win over Derby County marked McGree’s debut for the club on 12 February.
- McGree was selected for the AFF U-16 Youth Championship in Myanmar in August 2013.
- In the team’s group stage win over Brunei, he scored a hat-trick.
- McGree was called up to the Australian team for the first time in March 2017 for qualifiers against Iraq and the UAE.
- In November 2019, he was one of four players suspended by the Australian national under-23 soccer team.
- The four players allegedly mistreated a woman during an intimate encounter.
- McGree is banned from the 2020 U-23 Championship, but he can still play for Australia at the World Cup.
- McGree made his senior debut against Kuwait on 3 June 2021.
- After his first start against Chinese Taipei, he provided two assists as Australia won 5–1 over Jordan.
- In a third-phase qualifier on 27 January 2022, he scored his first international goal as Australia defeated Vietnam 4–0.
In Gawler, South Australia, north of Adelaide, McGree was born and raised.
Midfielder Riley Patrick McGree represents the Australian national team and Middlesbrough in the EFL Championship.
For both Middlesbrough and the Australian Olympic team, Riley Patrick McGree wears jersey number 8. While for the Australian national team he wears jersey number 14.
Riley McGree has established himself as a top attacking midfielder after playing virtually every position in the middle and out wide during his career.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Riley McGree worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Riley McGree has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Australian footballer. Hopefully, Riley McGree’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Riley McGree.