Mehdi Taremi, a professional football player from Iran who plays as a striker for both the Iran national team and Primeira Liga club Porto, was born on July 18, 1992. Taremi played for Persepolis from 2014 to 2018 after starting his career at Shahin Bushehr and Iranjavan. He twice finished first in the Persian Gulf Pro League scoring charts while playing for Persepolis (2015–16 and 2016–17).
Between 2018 and 2019, he was a member of the Qatari team Al-Gharafa. He then joined Rio Ave in Portugal, where he shared the league’s scoring lead in 2019–20. He transferred to Porto, a Portuguese team, in 2020. In addition to participating in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2019 AFC Asian Cup, Taremi made his debut as a senior in 2015.
Mehdi Taremi Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Mehdi Taremi|
|Nick Name||Mehdi Taremi|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Bushehr, Iran|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1992|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Alireza Taremi|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||Bargh Bushehr's Academy|
|Debut Club||Shahin Bushehr F.C.|
|Jersey Number||• Iran - 17|
• FC Porto - 9
|Current Team(s)||• Iran|
• FC Porto
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Arvand Sport|
|Strengths||• Key passes|
• Holding on to the ball
• Through balls
|Weakness||No Significant Weakness|
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.87 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 2″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 79 kg|
• in pounds - 170 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Iranian|
|Chest Size||36 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
The third and youngest kid in his family, Taremi. Mohammad, his older brother, plays football as well. He spent a few months in 2018 with Iranian actress Sahar Ghoreishi. Taremi revealed his new relationship and plans for marriage in March 2020.
A rival of Taremi’s current club FC Porto, Sporting CP, referred to Taremi as “a real snake charmer, someone from Persia always ready to go and do circus acts” in an article they posted on their club website on April 15, 2022. Both Porto supporters and Iranians, notably Morteza Damanpak, the Iranian ambassador to Portugal, expressed strong disagreement with the piece. The club later removed the piece.
Mehdi Taremi Net Worth
The range of Mehdi Taremi’s net worth or income is thought to be between £5,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||£5,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£4,500,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||£1,300,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||£102,000|
|Salary per Week||£25,000|
|Salary Per Day||£3,420|
|Salary Per Day||£9|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 31, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Mehdi Taremi FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Mehdi Taremi has an overall rating of 81 and his potential is also 81.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|73||Heading Accuracy||46||FK Accuracy|
|79||Short Passing||67||Long Passing|
|38||Defensive Awareness||25||Sliding Tackle|
- He joined Shahin Bushehr in 2010 summer.
- In all competitions, he participated in 7 games and scored 1 goal.
- Shahin Bushehr freed him to join a military club during the winter of 2012, but he chose not to do so and was compelled to serve his conscription in a standard garrison.
- He signed a two-year deal with Iranjavan in the summer of 2013, received the number 9, and joined the team.
- In 22 games in 2013–14, Taremi scored 12 goals, passing Mokhtar Jomehzadeh to become the league’s second-highest scorer.
- Rio Ave in Portugal and Taremi agreed to a two-year deal on July 23.
- On August 23, 2019, Taremi made his maiden Primeira Liga start for the team against C.D.
- Aves, and he recorded a hat trick.
- Rio Ave defeated Sporting CP 3-2 on August 31 thanks to three penalties earned by Taremi for his team, all earned on fouls committed by Sebastián Coates.
- With 18 goals in his debut season, Taremi tied for the most with S.L. Benfica teammates Pizzi and Carlos Vinicius for first place.
- Vinicius also received the official Bola da Prata award for playing the fewest minutes of the trio.
- Taremi and FC Porto in Portugal agreed to a four-year deal in August 2020.
- On November 8, 2020, in a 3-1 victory over Portimonense at home, he scored his first league goal for Porto.
- During the 2020 Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira in December 2020, Taremi was fouled.
- As a consequence, Porto was awarded a penalty, which Sérgio Oliveira converted to score their first goal of the game.
- Mehdi Taremi received his first European medal when Porto went on to defeat the opposition 2-0 in the 42nd iteration of the contest.
- In the first leg of the round of 16 UEFA Champions League matches between Porto and Juventus on February 17, 2021, Taremi scored the first goal for Porto.
- He became the first Iranian to score in the competition’s opening round.
- On June 11, 2015, Taremi made his collegiate debut against Uzbekistan in a friendly game.
- On June 16, 2015, he also entered as a substitute in a World Cup qualifying game against Turkmenistan.
- In a 6-0 victory against Guam in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier on September 3, 2015, Taremi scored his first goal as a senior, a brace.
- In the last round of World Cup qualification on March 23, 2017, Taremi scored Iran’s lone goal to defeat Qatar.
- On March 28, 2017, he scored again to lead his team to a resounding 1-0 victory against China.
- In a 2-0 victory over Uzbekistan on June 12, 2017, Taremi scored Iran’s second goal, securing the nation’s first-ever qualifying for two World Cups.
- He was included in Iran’s final 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June of that year.
- In the last seconds of Iran’s group stage encounter against Portugal, the score was equal at 1-1, but Taremi missed a clear-cut opportunity wide left, which would have sent Iran through to the round of 16.
Mehdi Taremi Awards
- Persian Gulf Pro League: 2016–17
- Iranian Super Cup: 2017
- Qatari Stars Cup: 2018–19
- Primeira Liga: 2021–22
- Taça de Portugal: 2021–22
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2020, 2022
He is currently 31 years old (as of 2023).
He is 187 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to FC Porto, his net worth is £5,000,000 (as of 2023).