Croatian professional footballer Marin Pongracic (born 11 September 1997) plays for Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg as a defender. He is also a member of the Croatian national team. Pongracic primarily plays as a center-back, but he can also play as a right-back or a defensive midfielder. In Landshut, Germany, Pongracic was born. His mother Andelka and father Stribor fled from Slavonski Brod, Croatia to Germany during the Croatian War of Independence.
Kalidou Koulibaly, Modric and Virgil van Dijk are Pongracic’s football idols. Also, he is a fan of Dinamo Zagreb. In August 2021, he was loaned to German Football League club Borussia Dortmund. Marin is a Central Defender for his club and country. Pongracic turned professional in 2016 with 1860 Munich II. He has represented Croatia at the junior and senior levels. With the Croatia U21 team, he made his international debut in 2017. With Luka Modric and Simon Sluga, the player appeared in two games for the senior team in 2020.
Marin Pongracic Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Marin Pongracic. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
[table id=4299 /]
Marin Pongracic Net Worth
In 2023, what will Marin Pongracic’s salary be?
In Jan 2020 Marin Pongracic signed a contract with VfL Wolfsburg that ends in Jun 2024 netting him a whopping salary of £1,885,490 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £5,180 per day and £216 per hour!
[table id=4300 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Marin Pongracic has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million USD and his market value is about $6.60 million.
Marin Pongracic FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Marin Pongracic is currently 26 years old and plays as a Centre Back for VfL Wolfsburg. In FIFA 22, Marin Pongracic has an overall rating of 75 with a potential of 79. According to his skillmoves rating, Pongracic has a 2-star rating.
[table id=4301 /]
With his right foot, he prefers to shoot. His work rate is Medium/Medium. According to our database, Pongracic is 190 cm tall and weighs 95 kg. Marin Pongracic is currently playing with numbers 34 and 2.
- As a product of Bayern Munich’s academy, Pongracic joined Ingolstadt in 2013 as a 16-year-old.
- In 2016, he moved to 1860 Munich in search of professional football after making 38 appearances at under-17 and under-19 levels.
- Having established himself in the reserve team, he made his 2. Bundesliga made its debut against Sandhausen on 16 April 2017.
- A relegation play-off against Jahn Regensburg was one of seven appearances he made for the first team.
- The match ended in a 1–1 draw after Pongracic was sent off in the 80th minute.
Red Bull Salzburg
- In the summer of 2017, he signed a four-year contract with the Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg.
- On 22 July, he made his club debut in a 2–0 win over Wolfsberger.
- He missed thirteen games for the club due to an abductor muscle injury.
- He returned to the team for the game against St. Pölten on 5 November.
- In a 3–0 victory over Vitória Guimaraes on 23 November, he made his UEFA Europa League debut.
- He then played throughout Salzburg’s Europa League campaign, reaching the semi-finals before being eliminated by Marseille. Austrian champions Salzburg finished the season in the first place.
- Pongracic received a yellow card for fouling Milan Pavkov in a Champions League play-off against Red Star Belgrade on 29 August 2018. Red Star qualified on away goals after a 2–2 draw.
- The Red Star captain credited Pongracic’s foul as the reason for his team’s victory, criticizing Pongracic for his “provocations throughout the match.”
- As Salzburg defeated Club Brugge 4–0 in the Europa League round of 32 on 21 February 2019, he assisted Patson Daka on the second goal.
- Pongracic helped Salzburg win the double during his second season at the club.
- In the first half of the 2019–20 season, he made only seven appearances for the club.
- In a 1–1 draw with Napoli on 5 November, he made his Champions League debut.
Marin Pongracic Transfer To VfL Wolfsburg
- A four-and-a-half-year deal for a fee believed to be €10 million was signed by Pongracic with VfL Wolfsburg on 15 January 2020 following his injury-plagued stint at Salzburg.
- During Wolfsburg’s 1–1 draw with Fortuna Düsseldorf on 8 February, he was sat off after elbowing Alfredo Morales.
- During Wolfsburg’s 4-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen on 26 May, Pongracic scored twice.
- Due to mononucleosis, Pongracic missed the start of the new season but returned as a late substitute against 1899 Hoffenheim on 8 November.
- He tested positive for COVID-19 on 18 November, however. As a result of a 2–0 victory over Hertha Berlin on 27 February 2021, he was sent off in injury time.
Marin Pongracic At Borussia Dortmund (loan)
Pongracic joined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the 2021–22 season on 31 August 2021. On 11 September, he made his Dortmund debut against Bayer Leverkusen, winning 4–3. The loan ended at the end of June 2022, so he had to return to VfL Wolfsburg.
- The Croatia U17s called Pongracic up to a training camp in 2014 since he is eligible to represent Germany and Croatia.
- At the under-21 level, he was capped three times, against Moldova, Austria, and France.
- Injuries forced him to withdraw from Croatia’s squad for UEFA Under-21 Euro 2019.
- On 17 August 2020, he was called up for the senior team’s September Nations League fixtures against Portugal and France.
- He withdrew from the squad ten days later due to mononucleosis and was replaced by Mile Skorić.
- On 4 November, he was called up once again for matches against Turkey, Sweden, and Portugal.
- After being named in the starting lineup, he made his debut on 11 November against Turkey in a friendly 3–3 draw.
What is Marin Pongracic’s age?
Marin Pongracic is 26 years old as of 2023.
What is the height of Marin Pongracic?
Marin Pongracic is 190 cm tall. Or 6 ft 3 in.
Which is Marin Pongracic’s preferred foot?
Marin Pongracic’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Marin Pongracic from?
Marin Pongracic is from Croatia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Marin Pongracic worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Marin Pongracic has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Marin Pongracic’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Marin Pongracic.