Swedish professional footballer Martin Tony Waikwa Olsson (born 17 May 1988) plays left defender for Malmö FF and the Sweden national team. In January 2006, Olsson joined Blackburn Rovers from Högaborgs BK. He was acquired by Norwich City of the Premier League in 2013 for an unknown sum. He joined Swansea in January 2017 and departed Norwich in 2019.
He signed with the Swedish Allsvenskan club Helsingborgs IF in 2020 before switching to represent BK Häcken and Malmö FF. Olsson has played for Sweden on a full-time basis since 2010, and during that time, he has earned more than 50 caps. He has also represented Sweden at the UEFA Euro 2012 and 2016 as well as the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Martin Olsson Bio/Wiki
[table id=5007 /]
Olsson was born to a Swedish father and a Kenyan mother in Gävle, Sweden. Marcus, his identical twin, is a professional football player as well. Former Dallas Mavericks basketball star Dirk Nowitzki, who is wed to Martin’s sister Jessica Olsson, is his brother-in-law.
Stefan Schwarz, a former international player for Sweden, served as his agent. Disputed agent Rune Hauge has also worked with Olsson after being introduced to him by Morten Gamst Pedersen, a former Blackburn Rovers player.
Martin Olsson Net Worth
The range of Martin Olsson’s net worth or income is thought to be between £6,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5008 /]
Martin Olsson FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Martin Olsson has an overall rating of 70 and his potential is also 70.
[table id=5009 /]
- Henrik Larsson, a former Swedish national star, started his playing career with Högaborgs BK, where Olsson also made his debut.
- In the years 2005–2006, Olsson was progressing through the club’s youth system.
- European soccer teams were interested in him because of his skill, and in January 2006 Blackburn Rovers of the Premier League recruited him for their junior system.
- He joined Blackburn in the 2007–08 campaign as a late replacement for Stephen Warnock in the UEFA Cup qualifier.
- On December 30, 2007, in front of a throng of 30,048 fans and referee Peter, he made his Premier League debut against Derby County in a 2-1 victory after replacing Morten Gamst Pedersen in the 84th minute.
- Norwich City of the Premier League acquired Olsson on July 10 for an undisclosed sum.
- He agreed to a four-year contract with Carrow Road.
- On August 27, 2013, he scored his first goal for the team in a League Cup match against Bury.
- Olsson returned to Premier League football and made 37 appearances across all competitions, although he was unable to stop his new side from being relegated.
- Olsson was dismissed for two bookable offenses on the first day of the 2014–15 Championship season during a 1-0 loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- For reportedly making physical contact with referee Simon Hooper, he was later charged by the FA for inappropriate conduct.
- Olsson signed with Swansea City of the Premier League for around £4 million, it was announced on January 17.
- In a 2-0 win for the Welsh club over the defending champions Leicester City on February 12, 2017, Olsson scored his first goal.
- Olsson established himself as a first-team regular in the 2017–18 campaign, appearing in 36 games overall, however, he was unable to stop the club from being relegated at the conclusion of that year.
- As a result, Olsson, Robert Green, and ex-Norwich teammate Sébastien Bassong were all headed for their fourth Premier League relegation, one less than current record holders Hermann Hreiarsson and Nathan Blake.
- Prior to the 2020 Allsvenskan season, Olsson signed a one-year deal with Helsingborgs IF and participated in 25 league games as Helsingborg was demoted to Superettan.
- Olsson departed Helsingborg following their Superettan relegation in order to sign with BK Häcken of the Allsvenskan.
- Prior to being acquired by the current Swedish Champions Malmö FF, he made 10 Allsvenskan appearances for the team in 2021.
- Malmö FF confirmed the signing of Olsson on August 12, 2021.
- Olsson has participated in a number of games for Sweden under-18 and under-21 national teams.
- He was chosen to be a member of the senior 23-man team that will play Belarus on June 2 and Bosnia and Herzegovina on May 29, 2010.
- Olsson gave Sweden the lead back against Bosnia and Herzegovina in the 68th minute, two minutes after coming on as a replacement, then scored a second in the 82nd minute off Marcus Berg’s center.
- He made his debut for the national team on September 6, 2011, starting as a left defender.
- He scored Sweden’s third goal in the 5-0 win over San Marino in the 81st minute thanks to a deft reverse ball from Zlatan Ibrahimovi in a Group E Euro 2012 qualifying match.
Martin Olsson Awards
- Football League Championship play-offs: 2015
- Allsvenskan: 2021
- Svenska Cupen: 2021–22
- Stor Grabb: 2013
He is currently 35 years old (as of 2023).
He is 178 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Malmö FF, his net worth is £6,500,000 (as of 2023).