Birkir Bjarnason (born 27 May 1988) is an Icelandic professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Süper Lig club Adana Demirspor and the Iceland national football team, where he is their all-time appearance leader. Birkir began playing football with local clubs in his hometown of Akureyri. In 1999, his family moved to Norway and he joined the Figgjo youth teams. Birkir joined Viking in the summer of 2005.
The first goal he scored for Viking came against Hamarkameratene in the 2006 season. Birkir joined Pescara on a season-long loan for €300,000 after the 2011–12 season, with an option to sign for an additional €900,000. Birkir signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Aston Villa on 25 January 2017. In August 2021, I joined the newly promoted Turkish Super Lig club, Adana Demirspor.
Birkir Bjarnason Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Birkir Bjarnason. It gives you the ability to read through the Icelandic footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Birkir Bjarnason|
|Nick Name/Popular Name||Not Available|
|Age||34 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Born Place||Akureyri, Iceland|
|Date of Birth||27 May 1988|
|Home Town||Akureyri, Iceland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Halla Halldórsdóttir|
|Father's Name||Bjarni Sveinbjörnsson|
|Brother(s)||Kristófer Atli Bjarnason|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Sophie Gordon (to be)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Jim Solbakken|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Adana Demirspor|
|Debut International||• 2010: Iceland national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 67 (Adana Demirspor)|
• 8 (Iceland national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Adana Demirspor|
• Iceland national football team
|Position||Midfield - Attacking Midfielder|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm|
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 6'0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Icelandic|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Birkir Bjarnason Net Worth
In 2022, what will Birkir Bjarnason’s salary be?
In Aug 2021 Birkir Bjarnason signed a contract with Adana Demirspor that ends in 2023 that netting him a whopping salary of €670,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €1,836 per day and €76 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||€670,000|
|Per Month Salary||€55,834|
|Per Week Salary||€12,885|
|Per Day Salary||€1,836|
|Per Hour Salary||€76|
|Per Minute Salary||€1.2|
|Current Contract||With Adana Demirspor|
|Contract Signed||Aug 13, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$440 Thousand|
|Market Value||$660 Thousand|
|Highest Market Value||$3.85 Million (Jul 16, 2016)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $660 thousand.
Birkir Bjarnason FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Birkir Bjarnason is currently 34 years old and plays as an Attacking Midfielder for Adana Demirspor in Turkey. His FIFA 22 overall rating is 67, and he has a potential score of 67. The skillmoves rating of Bjarnason is 3 stars.
Birkir Bjarnason FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|69||Heading Accuracy||54||FK Accuracy|
|69||Short Passing||67||Long Passing|
|62||Defensive Awareness||53||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. He has a high/medium work rate. Based on our database, Bjarnason’s height is 182 cm and his weight is 80 kg. Birkir Bjarnason is currently playing numbers 8 and 67.
- In 2007, under Uwe Rösler, he was a key player in Viking avoiding relegation and helping them finish third in the league.
- The 2008 campaign was Birkir’s second loan spell in the Tippeligaen, where he contributed greatly to his team being able to finish fourth.
- In January 2008, his performances brought the attention of Serie A club Reggina, but he remained at Viking until 2012.
- A total of 100 appearances were made for Viking in the Tippeligaen during this period, and 16 league goals were scored.
Birkir signed a five-year deal with Standard Liège on 12 January 2012. In the Belgium Pro League, he competed in 16 matches for Standard.
- In July 2012, Birkir joined the newly promoted Serie A side Pescara on a season-long loan deal with an option to sign for an additional €900,000.
- Pescara lost 5–1 away to Napoli when he scored his first goal for the club.
- With two years remaining on his Standard Liège contract, he was unsure where he would be playing after the 2012–13 season.
- Birkir was purchased by Pescara on 9 June 2013 for a previously agreed fee, with the aim of selling him for a higher amount that summer, with interest reported from clubs in the top leagues in England, such as Germany and Italy.
According to reports, Sampdoria signed Birkir on a co-ownership deal on 2 September 2013. During the 2013–14 season, he made 14 Serie A appearances for Sampdoria.
Birkir Bjarnason Return To Pescara
- Birkir signed for Pescara again on 1 July 2014 after the club won the co-ownership bid for the player from Sampdoria on 20 June 2014.
- Upon signing, he was named captain for the 2014–15 season.
- His 12 goals helped Pescara qualify for the Serie B playoffs and finish seventh in Serie B.
- In the playoff semi-finals, Pescara defeated Perugia 2–1.
- To qualify for the Serie B playoff final against Bologna, Pescara beat Vicenza Calcio 3–2 over two legs, with Birkir scoring the crucial match-winning aggregate goal on 2 June 2015.
- With a 1–1 aggregate score after two legs, Bologna, the highest-placed team, was promoted.
- Pescara announced on 27 June 2015 that they had accepted a €1 million offer from Torino for Birkir.
- In July, it was revealed that Birkir had been unable to agree to personal terms with the club, thus stalling the deal. A move to English side Leeds United also fell through.
- Birkir signed a three-year contract with Swiss Super League club FC Basel for €1 million on 7 July 2015.
- In the 3–2 away win against Grasshoppers on 25 July 2015, he made his first team league debut.
- On 5 August, he scored his first goal for his new club in a 1–0 home victory against Lech Poznań.
- As part of Basel’s 3–1 victory over Lugano on 26 September, he scored his first league goal.
- Birkir won the Swiss Super League championship under manager Urs Fischer in 2015-16.
- It was the club’s seventh consecutive championship title and 19th overall.
Birkir Bjarnason At Aston Villa
Birkir signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with English Championship side Aston Villa on 25 January 2017. On 22 August 2017, he scored his first goal for Aston Villa against Wigan Athletic in the EFL Cup.
After a short stint playing for Al-Arabi in Qatar, Birkir signed a 1.5-year contract with Serie A side Brescia on 18 January 2020.
Birkir Bjarnason Now At Adana Demirspor
I joined Adana Demirspor, a newly promoted Turkish Süper Lig club, on 13 August 2021. In the Süper Lig, he scored against Çaykur Rizespor on 18 September 2021.
- In a 3–2 defeat against France, he scored his first Icelandic goal.
- Iceland also qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with goals against Albania on 12 October 2012, Slovenia on 7 June 2013, and Albania again on 10 September 2013 in a 2–1 win.
- In November 2013, Iceland lost 2–0 on aggregate over two legs to Croatia after Birkir’s goals and performances guided Iceland to the World Cup playoffs.
- When he scored the equalizer against Portugal in their first group match at UEFA Euro 2016, he became his country’s first-ever goal in a major tournament.
- In the UEFA Euro 2016 round of 16 at the Stade de Nice, Birkir played against England and Iceland defeated England 2–1 to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Iceland’s 23-man World Cup squad was announced in May 2018.
Facts About Birkir Bjarnason
- Birkir debuted for Iceland’s senior national team in 2010.
- With 105 caps, he holds the all-time appearance record for the senior side.
- He has also represented Iceland at the U-21, Under 19, and Under 17 levels.
- In 2005, soccer coach Roy Hodgson gave him his first chance to play for Viking FX at a senior level.
How old is Birkir Bjarnason?
Birkir Bjarnason is 34 years old.
How tall is Birkir Bjarnason?
Birkir Bjarnason is 182 cm tall. Or 6 ft 0 in.
Which is Birkir Bjarnason’s preferred foot?
Birkir Bjarnason’s preferred foot is both.
Where is Birkir Bjarnason from?
Birkir Bjarnason is from Iceland.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Birkir Bjarnason worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Birkir Bjarnason has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Icelandic footballer. Hopefully, Birkir Bjarnason’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Birkir Bjarnason.