Keerthy Suresh Profile, Bio, Age, Wiki, Family, Affairs
Keerthy Suresh (born 17 October 1992) is an Indian film actress who appears in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. She is the daughter of producer Suresh Kumar and actress Menaka. Keerthy made her debut as a child actress in the early 2000s and returned to fill lead roles after completing an education in fashion design. She played her first lead role in the 2013 Malayalam film Geethaanjali.
Keerthy was born to Malayalam film producer, director Suresh Kumar and Tamil actress Menaka. She has an elder sister Revathy Suresh, who works as a VFX specialist and had previously worked for Shahrukh Khan’s production house Red Chillies. Until class four, Keerthy did her schooling in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She then studied in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram before coming back to Chennai to join the Pearl Academy, where she completed her degree in fashion design. She also spent time on an exchange program in Scotland for four months, before completing a two-month internship in London. Despite making a career in acting, she has stated that she was also “seriously considering a career in designing”.
Keerthy Suresh Career
In the early 2000s, Keerthy worked as a child actress in a few of her father’s productions, such as Pilots (2000), Achaneyanenikkishtam (2001) and Kuberan (2002) and some television serials. 11 years after Kuberan, she made her debut as a lead actress in Priyadarshan’s horror film Geethaanjali, in which she had a dual role. She was still studying during that time and shot for Geethanjali during her semester break.
Reviews on the film and her performance were mixed, with Sify writing that she “does put in some effort but makes only a limited impression in a double role”, while Rediff wrote that she “has got a plum role but whether she impresses with her acting prowess is another matter”.
In 2014, Keerthy had her next release Ring Master, directed by Rafi of Rafi Mecartin duo, in which she shared screen space with Dileep. She played the role of a blind girl, which she said was much more challenging than her double role in Geethanjali. The film was a commercial success, being termed a “super hit” by Sify.
In 2014, Keerthy accepted her first projects outside of Malayalam and signed on to appear in several Tamil film projects simultaneously. Her first film release was A. L. Vijay’s romantic comedy Idhu Enna Maayam (2015), opposite Vikram Prabhu, though the film did not perform well at the box office.
Her busy schedule throughout 2015 meant that she had to opt out of films which she had already started working on, including Krishna’s Maane Thaene Paeye and Deekay’s Kavalai Vendam, in order to accommodate bigger projects. She consequently worked on two films with Sivakarthikeyan in quick succession, Rajini Murugan and Remo, while also playing the lead role in Prabhu Solomon’s Thodari, alongside Dhanush. Her Telugu debut was the 2016 film Nenu Sailaja with actor Ram Pothineni. In January 2017, Keerthy appeared in Bairavaa, opposite actor Vijay and directed by Bharathan. She also appeared in Tamil film Paambhu Sattai and Telugu film Nenu Local in 2017.
In early 2018, she appeared in Agnyaathavaasi and Thaana Serndha Kootam. She also acted in Nag Ashwin’s Telugu-Tamil bilingual epic Mahanati where she portrayed the late southern actress Savitri and for which her performance has received critical acclaim.
As of 2014, Keerthy has completed shooting for the art film Darboni, in which she would be seen as a Kashmiri girl. That year, she also signed up for Telugu film Aina Ishtam Nuvvu, directed by Ramprasad Ragutu. The film, supposedly an adaptation of Rendu Jella Sita (which was also Aina Ishtam Nuvvu‘s initial title), was termed “a sweet love story on the lines of the Ramayana” by Keerthy, who would be playing Janaki, a “bubbly playful character” similar to Sita.
Her recently released movies include
Saamy 2, The Sequel of Saamy, opposite Vikram, Sandakozhi 2 opposite Vishal, and Sarkar starring Vijay, directed by AR Murugadoss.
Keerthy Suresh Movies
Year Film Role Language Notes
Malayalam Child artist
2002 Kuberan Sidharthan’s daughter
2013 Geethaanjali Geetha, Anjali Debut lead role
2014 Ring Master Karthika
2015 Darboni Devi
Idhu Enna Maayam Maya Tamil Debut Tamil Film
2016 Nenu Sailaja Sailaja Telugu Debut Telugu Film
Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu
Rajini Murugan Karthika Devi Tamil
2017 Bairavaa Malarvizhi
Paambhu Sattai Veni
Nenu Local Keerthi Telugu
2018 Agnyaathavaasi Sukumari
Nadigaiyar Thilagam Tamil
Thaanaa Serndha Koottam Madhu
Seema Raja Bhoomi, Kadambavel Raja’s wife Extended Cameo
Saamy Square Diya
Sandakozhi 2 Sembaruthi
2019 Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham TBA Malayalam Filming
Keerthy 20 TBA Telugu Filming
Manmadhudu 2 TBA Filming, Extended cameo
Untitled Nagesh Kukunnoor film TBA Filming
Keerthy has sung the following songs for her films:
Year Film Song Notes
2018 Saamy Square “Pudhu Metro Rail” Duet with Vikram
Year Serial Channel Language Notes
2004 Santhana Gopalam Surya TV Malayalam Child artist
2005 Krishna Kripa Sagaram Amrita TV Malayalam Child artist
Keerthy Suresh Awards
- 2018 – Asianet Film Awards – Most Popular Tamil Actress
- 2017 – Radio City Cine Awards – Favorite Heroine (2017)
- 2017 – Zee Cinemalu Awards Best Debut – Female – Nenu Sailaja (2016)
- 2016 – 5th South Indian International Movie Awards for Best debut female Tamil – Idhu Enna Maayam (2015)
- 2015 – Edison Award for Best Female Rising Star
- 2014 – Asianet Film Award for Best New Face of the Year (Female) – Geethaanjali (2013)
- 2014 – South Indian International Movie Award for Best Female Debutant Malayalam – Geethaanjali (2013)
- 2014 – Vayalar Film Award for Best Second Actress – Geethaanjali (2013) and Ring Master (2014)
- 2014 – Nana Film Awards for Best Female Debutant – Geethaanjali (2013)
Keerthy Suresh Net Worth
Keerthy Suresh Net Worth: Her net worth is estimated to be $2 Million Dollars as in 2020.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keerthy Suresh
- Does Keerthy Suresh smoke: No
- Does Keerthy Suresh drink alcohol: Not Known
- Keerthy was born into a Malayali family with a filmy background as her father was a renowned filmmaker and her mother was a Tamil actress who had acted in more than 100 films.
- Her father, actor Mohanlal and director Priyadarshan were classmates and started their career together.
- Being raised in a filmy atmosphere, she was always fascinated by acting and started her acting career as a child artist in many of her parent’s productions namely Pilots (2000), Achanayikistam (2001), and Kuberan (2002). (2001), Kuberan (2002).
- Since her childhood, she has been a fine swimmer and had won many awards for it during her school days.
- While pursuing her graduation, she did a 4-month student exchange program in Scotland and a 2-month internship in London.
- As her father gave Priyadarshan his first film, Priyadarshan also wanted to give Keerthy her first film. When Keerthy was in 3rd year of her graduation, he called her and offered her the female lead role in his film ‘Geethaanjali’ (2013).
- In 2016, she rose to fame with films like ‘Rajini Murugan’, and ‘Remo.’
- Her sister, Revathy had previously worked as a VFX specialist for Shah Rukh Khan‘s production house, Red Chillies.
- In December 2015, after the terrifying South Indian floods, she posted on social media about the difficulties faced during the floods.
- Some of her dream roles include- Kangana Ranaut‘s role in ‘Queen,’ Parvathy‘s of ‘Maryan’, Sridevi‘s role in ‘Moondram Pirai,’ Vidya Balan‘s role in ‘Kahaani,’ and Suhasini’s role in ‘Manathil Urudhi Vendum.’
- If she wasn’t an actress, she would have been a fashion designer.
- She is an avid animal and bird lover.
- According to her, the biggest weakness of her is that she is gullible.
- In the early part of her acting career, she got the chance to play the role of legendary actress Savitri in the Telugu film ‘Mahanati’ (2018), which she did with the utmost perfection.