Mandy Takhar Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Mandy Takhar is a British actress, who predominantly appears in Punjabi language films. Mandy Takhar was born and raised in the city of Wolverhampton in the UK. She traces her roots to Maliana, a small village near Phagwara in Punjab.
She then moved to London from her family home when she was 17, to study drama at the Kingston University and then left the UK in 2009 to work as an actor in the Punjabi film industry.
The career of Mandy Takhar
Mandy moved to Mumbai and landed the role opposite renowned Punjabi singer Babbu Mann in 2010 in film, Ekam – Son of Soil. She played the lead role opposite the superstar Gippy Grewal in the film Mirza – The Untold Story. She played Sahiba in this modern adaptation of the ethic love story of Mirza-Sahiba. Her portrayal of Sahiba got her nominated for the best actress at the PTC Punjabi Film Awards.
In 2013, she starred in Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 a comedy alongside Amrinder Gill and Honey Singh. She played the role of a teacher and won hearts again and got the award for most prominent & popular face and youth Icon of 2012-2013 at the 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival.
She made her debut in Tamil cinema with Venkat Prabhu’s Biriyani starring Karthi. She won the award for the best supporting actor at PTC Punjabi Film Awards.
Mandy Takhar: Net Worth and LifeStyle
Takhar is living a lavish life as her net worth is to be around $500,000 in 2016. Being a successful actress and model, no doubt she earned handsome net worth in 2017. However, the exact figure of her 2018’s net worth is still unknown to us.
In early 2017 she appeared in the Punjabi movie Rabb Da Radio.
Mandy Takhar Body Measurements 34-32-34 Inches. Her Bra Size 34B, Waist Size 32 Inches and Hip Size 34 Inches. Mandy Takhar Age 31 Years, Mandy Takhar Height 5’ 6” to 168 cm and Weight 65 Kg to 143 lbs. She Dresses Size 6 (US) Shoe Size 8.5 (US). her Brown Dyed Color Hair and Dark Brown Color Eye.
Family: Mandy Takhar father name not known and her mother name not known. She Studies in Drama From Kingston University, England. Mandy Takhar likes to Horse Riding. She like to take Moelette food and Favorite Color is Black. Mandy Takhar Favorite Sport is Rugby, Football and Martial Arts
Some of her movies are:
- Ekam-Son Of Soil (2010)
- Mirza-The Untold Story (2012)
- Bumboo (2012)
- Isha Garaari (2013)
- Biryani (2013)
Mandy has won many awards. Some of them are:
- PTC Punjabi Film Awards 2016 for Best Supporting Actress
- 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival 2012-2013 for Most Prominent & Popular Face and Youth Icon
- PTC Punjabi Film Awards 2013 for Best Actress
Filmography by Mandy Takhar
Year Film Role Language Notes
2010 Ekam – Son of Soil Navneet Punjabi with Babbu Maan
2012 Mirza – The Untold Story Sahiba Punjabi With Gippy Grewal & Honey Singh
2012 Bumboo Pinky Hindi Amy Virk
2012 Saadi Wakhri Hai Shaan Jot Punjabi
2013 Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 Simmy Punjabi With Amrinder Gill & Honey Singh
2013 Ishq Garaari Miss Sweety Punjabi
2013 Biriyani Maya Tamil
2015 Sardaarji Jasmine Punjabi (Director Rohit Jugraj, Producer White Hill Productions) With Diljit Dosanjh
2015 Munde Kamaal De Sonia Punjabi (Director Amit Prasher) With Amrinder Gill
2016 Ardaas Binder Punjabi Directed by Gippy Grewal
2016 Sardaar Ji 2 Guest appearance Punjabi Special appearance in “Poplin”
2016 Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru Audi Car Lady Tamil Special appearance
2017 Rabb Da Radio Naseeb Kaur Punjabi with Tarsem Jassar
2018 Khido Khundi Laali Punjabi
2019 Lukan Michi TBA Punjabi with Preet Harpal
2019 Saak Chann Kaur Punjabi with Jobanpreet Singh
Awards and nominations Mandy
Year Award Category Movie Result
2016 PTC Punjabi Film Awards Best Supporting Actress Sardaarji Won
2012-13 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival Most Prominent & Popular Face and Youth Icon — Won
2013 PTC Punjabi Film Awards Best Actress Mirza – The Untold Story Won
Some Lesser Known Facts Mandy Takhar
- Mandy Takhar was born and brought up in Wolverhampton and later in 2009, she settled down in Mumbai to pursue her career in films.
- Her ancestors are from Village Maliana, Phagwara, Punjab.
- During her high school days, she grew up as a tomboy and was the only girl in the boy’s rugby & football teams.
- Her parents sent her to the weekend school to learn Punjabi so that she stays connected to her roots.
- Initially, her family didn’t support her career in the film industry.
- To prepare herself for her role in the film “Rab Da Radio,” Takhar spent long hours at the village just observing villager’s lifestyle and characteristics.
- She shares a great bond with the Punjabi actress, Wamiqa Gabbi.
- Her role in the movie Sardaar Ji (2015) made her a top actress in the Punjabi film industry and won the award for Best Supporting Actress at PTC Punjabi Film Awards for the same movie.
- She has also won the award for the Most Prominent and Popular Face and Youth Icon in the 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival.
- She also gave appearances in a few TV commercials.
- She has received training in Martial Arts.
- Mandy is associated with the international relief work organization called the “Khalsa Aid.” In 2016, she even visited the Northern Iraq-Syria to provide help to the Kurdish Yazidi refugees.