Mandy Takhar is a British actress, who predominantly appears in Punjabi language films. Mandy Takhar was born and raised in the city of Wolverhampton in the UK. She traces her roots to Maliana, a small village near Phagwara in Punjab.
She then moved to London from her family home when she was 17, to study drama at the Kingston University and then left the UK in 2009 to work as an actor in the Punjabi film industry.
Mandy Takhar Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Mandeep Kaur Takhar|
|Nick Name||Dippy, Dips|
|Age||26 years (as of 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Wolverhampton, United Kingdom|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1987|
|Residence||Wolverhampton, United Kingdom|
|Home Town||Wolverhampton, United Kingdom|
|Mother's Name||Not Known|
|Father's Name||Not Known|
|Sister||Kammy Takhar, Jessi Boughan|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|College/University||Kingston University, UK|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Theatre|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’6”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms-65 kg|
in pounds-143 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|Hair Color||Brown Dyed|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
|Favourite Food||Moelette food|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Rugby, Football and Martial Arts|
Mandy Takhar Career
Mandy moved to Mumbai and landed the role opposite renowned Punjabi singer Babbu Mann in 2010 in film, Ekam – Son of Soil. She played the lead role opposite the superstar Gippy Grewal in the film Mirza – The Untold Story. She played Sahiba in this modern adaptation of the ethic love story of Mirza-Sahiba. Her portrayal of Sahiba got her nominated for the best actress at the PTC Punjabi Film Awards.
In 2013, she starred in Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 a comedy alongside Amrinder Gill and Honey Singh. She played the role of a teacher and won hearts again and got the award for most prominent & popular face and youth Icon of 2012-2013 at the 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival.
She made her debut in Tamil cinema with Venkat Prabhu’s Biriyani starring Karthi. She won the award for the best supporting actor at PTC Punjabi Film Awards.
Mandy Takhar Net Worth
Takhar is living a lavish life as her net worth is to be around $3-5 million in 2023. Being a successful actress and model, no doubt she earned handsome net worth in 2022. However, the exact figure of her 2023’s net worth is still unknown to us.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$3-5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$500,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Mandy Takhar Filmography
|2010||Ekam – Son of Soil |
|2012||Mirza – The Untold Story |
Saadi Wakhri Hai
|2013||Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 |
Munde Kamaal De
Sardaar Ji 2
Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru
|2017||Rabb Da Radio |
Awards and Nominations
|2012-13||6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival Most Prominent & Popular Face and Youth Icon||Won|
|2013||PTC Punjabi Film Awards Best Actress Mirza – The Untold Story||Won|
|2016||PTC Punjabi Film Awards Best Supporting Actress Sardaarji||Won|
Some Lesser Known Facts Mandy Takhar
- Mandy Takhar was born and brought up in Wolverhampton and later in 2009, she settled down in Mumbai to pursue her career in films.
- Her ancestors are from Village Maliana, Phagwara, Punjab.
- During her high school days, she grew up as a tomboy and was the only girl in the boy’s rugby & football teams.
- Her parents sent her to the weekend school to learn Punjabi so that she stays connected to her roots.
- Initially, her family didn’t support her career in the film industry.
- To prepare herself for her role in the film “Rab Da Radio,” Takhar spent long hours at the village just observing villager’s lifestyle and characteristics.
- She shares a great bond with the Punjabi actress, Wamiqa Gabbi.
- Her role in the movie Sardaar Ji (2015) made her a top actress in the Punjabi film industry and won the award for Best Supporting Actress at PTC Punjabi Film Awards for the same movie.
- She has also won the award for the Most Prominent and Popular Face and Youth Icon in the 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival.
- She also gave appearances in a few TV commercials.
- She has received training in Martial Arts.
- Mandy is associated with the international relief work organization called the “Khalsa Aid.” In 2016, she even visited the Northern Iraq-Syria to provide help to the Kurdish Yazidi refugees.