Joachim Christian Andersen, a central defender for Premier League club Crystal Palace and the Danish national team, was born in Denmark on May 31, 1996.
Prior to being called up to the senior squad for games against Kosovo and Switzerland in March 2019, he competed for Denmark at the U16, U17, U19, U20, and U21 levels. He received his first national team call-up on October 15, 2019, when Denmark defeated Luxembourg 4-0. Andersen was added to the team for UEFA Euro 2020 on May 25, 2021.
Joachim Andersen Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Joachim Christian Andersen|
|Nick Name||Joachim Andersen|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Frederiksberg, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||31 May 1996|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Jacob Andersen|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||Twente FC|
|Jersey Number||• Denmark - 2|
• Crystal Palace - 16
|Current Team(s)||• Denmark|
• Crystal Palace
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||19 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ICM Stellar Sports|
|Traits||• Long Passer|
|Style Of Play||• Plays the ball off the ground often|
• Likes to play long balls
• Does not dive into tackles
|Weakness||• Aerial Duels|
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.9 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 89 kg|
• in pounds - 200 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Danish|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Coupe de la Ligue runner-up: 2019–20
Joachim Andersen Net Worth
The range of Joachim Andersen’s net worth or income is thought to be between €24,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€24,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€22,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€2,400,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€200,000|
|Salary per Week||€46,154|
|Salary Per Day||€6,575|
|Salary Per Day||€5|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 28, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Joachim Andersen FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Joachim Andersen has an overall rating of 77 and his potential is also 80.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|76||Heading Accuracy||50||FK Accuracy|
|79||Short Passing||85||Long Passing|
|78||Defensive Awareness||76||Sliding Tackle|
- At the age of four, Andersen began playing football with the neighbourhood team Greve Fodbold, where he played from 2000 until 2009.
- When he was 15, he enrolled at Copenhagen’s School of Excellence before moving to Midtjylland.
- He entered the Midtjylland talent academy in Ikast where previous residents included Simon Kjaer, Winston Reid, Erik Sviatchenko, Viktor Fischer, and Pione Sisto.
- Before making his Midtjylland debut in April 2013, Twente sent out scouts to see Andersen play.
- They then offered him a one-week trial, which he accepted.
- He signed a youth contract with FC Twente four months later for a reported 650,000 euros (5 million Danish kroner) cost.
- Despite still being an under-19 player, Andersen was elevated to the senior squad, and on November 8, 2013, he made his debut with Jong Twente, playing the entire game.
- He did not participate in any first-team games during his rookie campaign, but in just his second season with the team, he was given the opportunity to practise alongside players such as Duan Tadi, Hakim Ziyech, Jess Manuel Corona, Quincy Promes, Andreas Bjelland, Kasper Kusk, and Kamohelo Mokotjo.
- He got his opportunity on March 7, 2015, when he made his first team debut against Willem II and played the final 20 minutes.
- A week later, he agreed to a new deal with Twente that would last until 2018.
- Sampdoria of Serie A and Andersen inked a deal on August 26, 2017.
- He received offers from other clubs in other divisions, but he decided to progress to Serie A with Sampdoria.
- On February 25, 2018, Andersen played his first game against Udinese.
- He participated in seven more games during that campaign, and he started to establish himself as a regular starter in 2018–19, drawing interest from bigger teams.
- He only missed one game during his second season due to a suspension.
- On November 8, 2018, he agreed to a new deal with Sampdoria that will last through the summer of 2022.
- Andersen agreed to a five-year deal with French team Olympique Lyonnais on July 12.
- Andersen was acquired for a record-breaking €30 million (€24 + €6 in incentives), making him a Lyon acquisition.
- A Danish football player’s transfer price was also the most in history.
- He made his Champions League debut on October 2 against RB Leipzig, and on November 11 he scored his first Champions League goal in the 3-1 victory against Benfica.
- On July 28, 2021, Crystal Palace said that Andersen had signed a five-year contract with them for $17.5 million, with $2.5 million in add-on incentives and a 12.5% sell-on fee.
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 190 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Crystal Palace, his net worth is €24,000,000 (as of 2023).