The Peruvian professional footballer Jefferson Agustin Farfan Guadalupe (born 26 October 1984) plays as a winger for Alianza Lima and the Peruvian national team. It is commonly known that he is known as Farfán or Foquita (Spanish for Little Seal). He is known for his speed and technical ability and was one of the most prolific assist providers in the Bundesliga during his time there. In 2001, Farfan made his professional debut with Alianza Lima; he began his career with Deportivo Municipal.
It was in 2002 that Farfán was identified as one of the next best players in Peruvian football. A year later, he won his second title in the Primera División. In 2004, he was recognized as the best Peruvian player of the year after winning his third league title with Alianza. Since joining PSV Eindhoven in mid-2004, Farfan has helped the Dutch giants win four Eredivisie titles. In 2008, he signed for Bundesliga club Schalke 04, where he won the 2011 DFB-Pokal Final. It was reported in 2012 that he was the most expensive Latin American player in the league.
In the United Arab Emirates, Farfán briefly played for Al-Jazira before leaving due to a breach of contract. In his second season with Lokomotiv, he helped the club win its first league title in 14 years and finished as its top scorer. After Paolo Guerrero, Farfan is the country’s second-highest goal scorer with the national team. He is very popular in Peru, with coach Ricardo Gareca naming him “one of the most important players in the history of Peruvian football.” He helped his side finish in third place at the 2015 Copa América and in second place at the 2019 World Cup in Brazil.
Jefferson Farfan Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Jefferson Farfan. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
[table id=5076 /]
Jefferson Farfan Net Worth And Salary
In 2023, what will Jefferson Farfan’s salary be?
In Mar 2021 Jefferson Farfan signed a contract with Club Alianza Lima that ends in Dec 2022 that netted him a whopping salary of £540,540 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £1,485 per day and £62 per hour!
[table id=5077 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Jefferson Farfan has an estimated net worth of around $16 Million, and his market value is about $220 thousand.
Jefferson Farfan FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Jefferson Farfan has an overall rating of 71 with a potential of 71. Jefferson Farfan has got a 4-star skillmoves rating.
[table id=5078 /]
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Jefferson Farfan’s height is 177 cm and his weight is estimated at 84 kg according to our database. Currently, Jefferson Farfan is playing with the number 10.
Jefferson Farfan With Alianza Lima
- It was with Alianza Lima of Peru that Farfán began his professional career.
- After making a few appearances on the first team in 2001. He broke through in 2002 and had a significant impact on Alianza with its 2003 Peruvian championship.
- In his final season with the club in 2004, Farfán scored 14 goals, contributing to another Peruvian championship for the club.
- Upon being scouted by Guus Hiddink, he was purchased by Dutch club PSV Eindhoven for a reported 2 million Euro transfer fee. A 5–2 win against RBC Roosendal marked Farfán’s debut in the Eredivisie on 14 August.
- Farfán made his European debut almost two weeks later. He beat Red Star Belgrade 5–0 in the third qualifying round of the Champions League.
- He played in all twelve games for PSV during the final tournament. Against the Norwegian Rosenborg BK, he scored his first European goal in a 2–1 victory.
- Against SC Heerenveen, he had scored his first league goal a month earlier.
- In his first season in the Netherlands, Farfán won both the league and cup tournaments with PSV. Three consecutive seasons would follow in which PSV won the Eredivisie.
- As the club’s top scorer and fourth in the league in 2005/06, Farfán finished with 21 goals.
- Due to an ankle injury sustained during the 2007 Copa América, Farfán was less dominant in his last season with PSV.
- The rumors of a departure from Eindhoven began to circulate in March 2008.
FC Schalke 04
- PSV and German side Schalke 04 announced on 5 June 2008 that Farfán would be transferred for an estimated €10 million.
- Upon the official confirmation of Farfán’s transfer on 10 June 2008, the club signed him to a four-year contract.
- A contract extension was announced by Schalke on 28 April 2012, which would keep Farfán at S04 until 30 June 2016.
Al Jazira Club
- Schalke announced on 20 July 2015 that Farfán had signed a three-year contract with Al Jazira Club for a reported fee of $6 million, where he could earn up to $10 million annually.
- As a result of the club’s failure to comply with all the clauses in his contract, Farfán left the club on 19 October 2016.
- In January 2017, he signed with FC Lokomotiv Moscow of the Russian Premier League.
- He joined the Russian team after an irregular 2016, during which he was inactive for a hundred days after completing a million-dollar contract with Al Jazira in October 2016.
- Following a six-month recovery period, Farfán scored a number of goals that resulted in his team winning the national title for the first time in 14 years.
- Due to a knee injury and a subsequent positive test for COVID-19, he did not appear for Lokomotiv for 14 months from May 2019.
- Upon returning to play, he scored a late equalizer for his club in a 1–1 draw against FC UFA on 12 July 2020.
- Lokomotiv announced on 5 August 2020 that Farfán had left the club after his contract expired.
Jefferson Farfan At Alianza Lima
Farfan signed with and returned to Alianza Lima on 22 March 2021.
- Farfán plays an important role in the Peruvian national football team. With 27 goals in 95 caps since making his debut in February 2003, he ranks second on the nation’s career scoring list.
- A total of seven goals were scored by Farfán during the South American 2006 World Cup qualifiers.
- A suspension of 18 months was imposed on him from representing the Peruvian national football team. However, on 3 July 2008, following an investigation and review of the facts, the suspension was reduced to three months and $10,000. On 23 March 2013, Farfan scored the winning goal against Chile in a World Cup qualifier at home.
- During the 2015 Copa América, he was a member of the Peruvian national football team that finished in third place. Farfán scored three goals during Peru’s 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.
- In a 3–4 loss to Chile at home, he scored two goals, and in a 1–0 win over Paraguay at home, he scored the winner. As a result of his two goals in a 2–0 victory over New Zealand, Peru qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup for the first time in 36 years.
- He was named to Peru’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June 2018.
- During their first group game against Denmark, he made his first appearance, which resulted in a 0–1 loss. In their second group game against France, Farfán entered the game as a substitute in the 46th minute to replace Yoshimar Yotún.
- After another 0-1 loss, his team was eliminated from the competition. Due to a concussion suffered during training, he was unable to play in their final group game against Australia. The final game was won by Peru by a score of 2 to 0.
- In Peru’s second game of the 2019 Copa América, Farfán scored a goal in a 3-1 victory over Bolivia. Their left knee of Farfán was injured prior to Peru’s last-eight match against Uruguay, preventing him from participating in the remainder of the competition.
- Farfán is expected to be sidelined for six to nine months as a result of the injury, according to the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF).
- In the hours leading up to his team’s Copa América Final match against the host nation, Farfán underwent knee surgery in Barcelona. As a result of his absence, Peru lost the game 3–1.
Jefferson Farfan is 39 years old as of 2023.
Jefferson Farfan is 177 cm or 5 ft 10 in tall.
Jefferson Farfan’s preferred foot is right.
Jefferson Farfan is from Peru.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Jefferson Farfan worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Jefferson Farfan has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Jefferson Farfan’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Jefferson Farfan.