Jamal Musiala (born 26 February 2003) is a German professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Germany national team as a midfielder or winger.
Musiala, who was born in Germany to a Nigerian father and a German mother and reared primarily in England, represented both Germany and England as a young player until pledging allegiance to the Germany national team for future games in February 2021, representing the side at UEFA Euro 2020.
Jamal Musiala Bio/Wiki
[table id=5429 /]
Bayern Munich II
- 3. Liga: 2019–20
- Bundesliga: 2020–21, 2021–22
- DFL-Supercup: 2020, 2021, 2022
- UEFA Champions League: 2019–20
- UEFA Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
- IFFHS Men’s Youth (U20) World Team: 2021
Jamal Musiala Net Worth
The range of Jamal Musiala’s net worth or income is thought to be between €12,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5410 /]
Jamal Musiala FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Jamal Musiala has an overall rating of 82 and his potential is also 91.
[table id=5391 /]
2019–20: Move to Bayern and Debut
- Musiala, 16, left Chelsea in July 2019 to join Bundesliga club Bayern Munich.
- Musiala made his professional debut on June 3, 2020, as a replacement for Bayern Munich II in a 3-2 win against Preußen Münster in the 3. Liga.
- On 20 June 2020, he made his Bundesliga debut against Freiburg, becoming the Bundesliga’s youngest player at the age of 17 years and 115 days.
- Musiala was a member of the side that won the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League, however, he did not play in the event.
2020–21: First-team breakthrough
- Musiala scored his first Bundesliga goal in an 8-0 win over Schalke on September 18, 2020, to become Bayern’s youngest goalscorer, at 17 years 205 days, beating Roque Santa Cruz’s previous record of 18 years 12 days.
- Musiala made his Champions League debut as a substitute for Thomas Müller in a 6-2 away win over Red Bull Salzburg on November 3.
- On December 1, he made his Champions League debut, drawing 1-1 away to Atlético Madrid.
- Musiala scored his first Champions League goal on February 23, 2021, in a 4-1 away win over Lazio in the first leg of the round of 16 games, becoming the competition’s youngest goalscorer of both English and German nationality.
- Musiala scored his first two goals of the season in a 12-0 DFB Pokal away triumph over Bremer SV on August 25, 2021.
- He then scored his first Bundesliga goal of the season three days later in a 5-0 win over Hertha BSC.
- Musiala scored his first Champions League goal of the season in a 3-0 win over FC Barcelona on December 8, 2021.
- Musiala’s goal clinched the title in a 3-1 Der Klassiker victory on April 23, 2022, earning Bayern their eleventh consecutive Bundesliga title.
- Musiala was called up to the England under-21 team for the first time in November 2020 for their UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification matches in 2021.
- On November 13, 2020, he made his U21 debut as a substitute in a 3-1 win over Andorra under-21s at Molineux Stadium.
- On November 17, 2020, he scored his first under-21 goal in a 5-0 win over Albania at Molineux Stadium.
- Following Musiala’s selection to represent England’s under-21s, the German football association suggested that they had dropped their pursuit of him, with youth team coach Meikel Schonweitz stating: “He has made it clear to us that he sees his future with the English national teams. We appreciate his choice and wish him the best of luck in his athletic future.”
- Musiala stated on February 24, 2021, that he has elected to represent his natal country, Germany, in full international matches.
- He was later called up to the senior squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifications in March 2021, making his debut as a 79th-minute replacement in a 3-0 win over Iceland and scored his first goal in a 4-0 win over North Macedonia on 11 October.
- He was named to the UEFA Euro 2020 team on May 19, 2021.
- In a 2-2 tie with Hungary in Euro 2020 on June 23, 2021, he became the youngest German player to appear in a major tournament at the age of 18 years and 117 days.
Jamal Musiala Style Of Play
Musiala is a versatile player who can play on the wings as well as in the middle. Hans-Dieter Flick, who gave Musiala his start at FC Bayern Munich, stated that “He has an excellent vision and sense for selecting appropriate locations. He has excellent ball control and can play well between the lines.”
He is currently 20 years old (as of 2023).
He is 180 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Bayern Munich, his net worth is €12,000,000 (as of 2023).