Gary James Cahill (born December 19, 1985) is an English professional footballer who most recently played for AFC Bournemouth as a centre-back. Cahill began his career in Derbyshire with the AFC Dronfield youth system. He joined the Aston Villa Academy in 2000 and continued his development. He joined Burnley on a season-long loan in 2004, where he excelled before returning to make his Aston Villa debut.
Later, he agreed on a three-month loan with his local club Sheffield United. He joined Bolton Wanderers for about £5 million on January 30, 2008. Cahill excelled for Bolton over the years, earning a spot in the first squad. For Bolton, he appeared in 130 league games and scored 13 league goals.
Gary Cahill Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Gary James Cahill|
|Nick Name||Gary Cahill|
|Age (as of 2023)||38 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Dronfield, United Kingdom|
|Date of Birth||19 December 1985|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Janet Cahill|
|Father's Name||Hughie Cahill|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||• Freya Cahill|
• Leo Cahill
|Debut Club||Aston Villa|
|Jersey Number||• England - 15|
• Crystal Palace F.C. - 24
|Current Team(s)||• England|
• Crystal Palace F.C.
|League level||Not Available|
|Caps/Goals||61 / 5|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Not Available|
|Traits||• Power Header|
|Style Of Play||• Indirect set-piece threat|
• Likes to play short passes
• Does not dive into tackles
• Clears the ball out of defense often
|Strengths||• Aerial Duels|
Height and Weight
|Height (as of 2022)||• in meters - 1.93 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 4″
|Weight (as of 2022)||• in kilograms - 88 kg|
• in pounds - 190 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||British|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Centre-Back|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Mauro Arambarri Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17
- FA Cup: 2011–12, 2017–18; runner-up: 2016–17
- Football League Cup: 2014–15
- UEFA Champions League: 2011–12
- UEFA Europa League: 2012–13, 2018–19
- FIFA Club World Cup runner-up: 2012
- PFA Team of the Year: 2013–14 Premier League, 2014–15 Premier League, 2016–17 Premier League
- Bolton Wanderers Players’ Player of the Year: 2008–09
Agustin Canobbio Biography, Age, Father, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Gary Cahill Net Worth
The range of Gary Cahill’s net worth or income is thought to be between €40,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€40,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€34,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€6,700,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€6,700,000|
|Salary per Week||€128,846|
|Salary Per Day||€18,356|
|Salary Per Day||€13|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2022|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Marco Tilio Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Gary Cahill FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Gary Cahill has an overall rating of 74 and his potential is also 74.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|79||Heading Accuracy||27||FK Accuracy|
|60||Short Passing||60||Long Passing|
|77||Defensive Awareness||74||Sliding Tackle|
Franco Armani Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Cahill was loaned to Burnley on November 8, 2004.
- The next day, he made his first-team debut in the fourth round of the League Cup, playing the full 90 minutes as they lost 0-3 to Tottenham Hotspur at Turf Moor.
- He made his Football League debut on November 13th, in the Clarets’ 1-0 home Championship win against Nottingham Forest.
- He made 32 loan appearances, 27 of which were in the league, scoring one against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on 3 January 2005.
- Cahill, who is eighteen years old, was named Burnley’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year.
- Cahill pleased Bolton scout Colin Harvey, and he signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with them on January 30, 2008.
- Three days later, he made his debut for Bolton in a 0-2 away win over Reading at the Madejski Stadium.
- Cahill was sent off in the second round of the League Cup on August 26, 2008, in the 38th minute for a foul on Giles Coke as the club lost 1-2 at home to Northampton Town.
- Cahill scored his first goal for Bolton in a 1-3 win against West Ham United on October 5, and he added two more in 4-1 victories over Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
- Cahill signed a two-year contract with Premier League club Crystal Palace on 5 August 2019, reuniting him with his former England boss Roy Hodgson.
- On August 24, he made his debut in a 2-1 away win over Manchester United.
- He scored his first goal for Crystal Palace against Newcastle United on February 2, 2021.
- Cahill announced his departure from the club via social media on August 1, 2021, following the end of his contract.
- He appeared in 45 league games for the team over two seasons, scoring once.
- Cahill signed a one-year contract with Championship team AFC Bournemouth on August 20, 2021.
- He was part of a defence that allowed only two goals in September 2021, earning him the club’s player of the month honour.
- Cahill was released at the end of the season with promotion to the Premier League, having not featured since a red card at the end of January 2022 due to the loan acquisition of Nathaniel Phillips.
- England Under-20s captain three times, Cahill was one of several players in Stuart Pearce’s first group as England U21 coach to get their first U21 call-up, however, he did not participate in the match against Spain on February 6, 2007.
- His first under-21 cap for England came in the first game at the new Wembley Stadium, when he paired Anton Ferdinand in the England defence.
- His third and last cap came at the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, where he appeared once.
- Cahill was called up to the England team on 4 June 2009, after the retirement of Rio Ferdinand, however, he had to wait almost a year for his first cap.
- Cahill scored his first international goal for England against Bulgaria in the qualifying rounds of UEFA Euro 2012 on September 2, 2011, in his first competitive start.
- Cahill became the first Bolton player to score for England since Ray Parry did so against Northern Ireland in 1959.
- Cahill scored a goal against the Netherlands on February 29, 2012, at Wembley Stadium, to make the score 1-2, with England eventually losing 2-3.
- On May 16, 2012, he was chosen to the UEFA Euro 2012 team by new England manager Roy Hodgson.
- During England’s 1-0 friendly win over Belgium at Wembley Stadium on June 2, he was shoved by Belgium player Dries Mertens and clashed with England goalkeeper Joe Hart.
Style Of Play
- Cahill is noted for his technical skills, strong defensive and offensive heading, volleying, and tackling.
- From defence, the centre-back has an amazing goal-scoring record.
- “I think his technical abilities are enormous, and his speed is terrific,” former Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas remarked of Cahill.
- Despite being a defender, Cahill is known for his technical abilities and distribution, as well as his finishing ability and head strength.
- Cahill is a speedy, steady, and dependable center-back who is also noted for his positioning and ability to read the game.
He is currently 37 years old (as of 2023).
He is 193 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Crystal Palace F.C., his net worth is €40,000,000(as of 2023).