Russian striker Fyodor Mikhaylovich Smolov (born 9 February 1990) more famously known as Fedor Smolov plays for Dynamo Moscow and the Russian national team. Smolov graduated from the Master-Saturn Yegoryevsk football academy. Dynamo Moscow signed him in 2007. As a last-minute substitute for Cicero, he made his Russian Premier League debut for Dynamo on 28 April 2007 against FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok.
In 2011, Smolov competed for Russia’s Under-21 team in the European Under-21 Championship qualification. By scoring three goals against the Czech Republic in the qualification play-offs, he helped the U-21 team qualify for the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship.
Fyodor Smolov Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Fyodor Smolov. It gives you the ability to read through the Russian footballer profile as fast as possible.
The Full Story of a Russian Football Genius known as Fedor is presented by Woodgram.
We bring to you a full account of Smolov’s life from his childhood to the present day in our Fyodor Smolov Childhood Story and Untold Biography Facts.
It includes his life story before fame, family life, and many OFF-Pitch facts (little known) about him. There is no doubt that Fyodor has scored a lot of goals during his career.
There are, however, very few fans who know much about Fyodor Smolov’s bio, which is quite interesting. Let’s begin now, without further ado.
Family Background And Childhood Story
In Saratov, Southwestern Russia, Fyodor Mikhaylovich Smolov was born on the 9th of February 1990 to Irina Smolova and Mikhail Smolov. His parents were conservative and he was their only child.
When Fyodor was a child, his family lived in a crime-ridden neighborhood on the outskirts of Saratov. Because of this, his parents devised several ways to protect him from the boys’ bad influence.
Mikhail took Fyodor to their home city soccer club, Sokol, for registration so he wouldn’t mix with bad friends.
Fyodor Smolov was not a fan of his hometown soccer club (Sokol Saratov) where his father took him to begin his youth career.
His heart belonged to “Lokomotiv Moscow” in the Russian capital. As a young man, he dreamed of entering this field of work.
One day, he hoped to become a member of the club. Since there were no financial resources to make that happen, Fyodor Smolov continued to support the club he didn’t support. In his youth, his father’s decision adversely affected his career success.
It was difficult for Fyodor Smolov to cope with youth football. At the age of 14, he even failed his football exams. During this period, his father began to feel that his little teenager was overexerted and exhausted by the sport.
As a result, his father insisted that his son take the last football examination from a different club this time. His son would quit soccer if he failed the upcoming exam, Mikhail concluded.
In Yegoryevsk, the Moscow region, Fyodor passed the examination for the new soccer club, Master Saturn.
The school accepted the promising young lad, and Fyodor continued to master his skills in his favorite sport. Saturn Moscow, where he played from 2006 to 2007, ended his youth career.
Fyodor Smolov signed his first professional contract with Dinamo Moscow at the age of 16.
This time, he became determined to achieve his dreams, and his ambitions to become a goal machine weren’t just a passing fancy. As far as his career story is concerned, the rest is history.
Love Story Of Fyodor Smolov And Victoria Lopyreva
There is a great woman behind every great man, or so the saying goes. Almost every successful Russian footballer has a glamorous wife, girlfriend, or wag.
Certainly, Fyodor’s striking abilities, as well as his lifestyle off the pitch, make up a complete picture of who he is.
He met Victoria Lopyreva at the birthday party of his teammate (Yuri Zhirkov) in 2012.
Based on Victoria’s beauty, it is important to note that she won the Miss Russia 2003 pageant. It is also important to note that Victoria Lopyreva is 7 years older than her husband.
Their serious romantic relationship, however, did not stop them from developing and, more importantly, from proposing in a unique [no-ring] way.
Lopyreva and Fyodor had a beautiful Maldivian wedding in December 2013. Their marriage lasted only two years before they separated. July 2016 marked the end of communication between both parties.
In Fyodor Smolov Family Facts, Fyodor’s mom explains the details of their divorce.
According to Russian media, Fyodor Smolov’s divorce came as he was rumored to be dating Miranda Shelia, another Russian model.
In addition, Miranda is often compared to Irina Shayk, another beautiful model who used to be Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend.
Fyodor broke up with Miranda Shelia after Russia’s poor performance at the 2016 UEFA European Championship.
In the fall of 2016, the Russian media reported the love rat was dating 2015 Miss Russia Sofia Nikitchuk.
Aleksandr Golovin (Footballer) Biography, Age, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Fyodor Smolov Mother
The mother of Fyodor is Irina Smolova. The first public comment on Fyodor Smolov’s divorce from Victoria Lopyreva came from his mother.
Her son’s heart was broken after his wife spent most of her time pursuing her career rather than caring for his emotional and personal needs.
Both the player and model have gone through a painful breakup, Irina noted. Victoria and she had a very warm relationship, and her ex-daughter-in-law touched called her mother.
According to her;
It was so touching and flattering when she called me mom during the three years they were together. Currently, Vika and I communicate in a completely normal manner.
Perhaps they just couldn’t save their relationship, I can’t say for sure. For Fyodor, it was hard enough: I believe he loved her. Distance may have played a negative role at some point.
Victoria is a TV presenter and a fashion model when Fyodor is at the training camp. She is successful, in high demand, and her job requires a lot of effort.”
Fyodor Smolov Net Worth
In 2022, what will Fyodor Smolov’s salary be?
In Jan 2022 Fyodor Smolov signed a contract with Dynamo Moscow that ends in 2024 and netted him a whopping salary of £2,808,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £7,714 per day and £322 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$22 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,808,000|
|Per Month Salary||£234,000|
|Per Week Salary||£54,000|
|Per Day Salary||£7,714|
|Per Hour Salary||£322|
|Per Minute Salary||£5.3|
|Current Contract||With Dynamo Moscow|
|Contract Signed||Jan 12, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$7.70 Million|
|Market Value||$6.60 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$17.60 Million (Jun 6, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has an estimated net worth of around $22 Million, and his market value is about $6.60 million.
Fyodor Smolov FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Fedor Smolov is currently 32 years old and plays as a Striker for NG – FA in Free Agents. According to his FIFA 22 rating, he has an overall rating of 76 with a potential rating of 76. A rating of 4 stars has been given to Smolov’s skillmoves.
Fyodor Smolov FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|70||Heading Accuracy||67||FK Accuracy|
|75||Short Passing||62||Long Passing|
|26||Defensive Awareness||24||Sliding Tackle|
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. He has a work rate of High / Medium. In our database, Smolov’s height is 187 cm and his weight is estimated to be 80 kg based on the information we have. As of right now, Fedor Smolov is playing with the numbers 9 and 99 in his game.
Mario Fernandes (Footballer) Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Despite scoring prolifically for Dynamo’s own Under-21 squad and for the national junior teams, he only managed to score one goal for the senior team in the next 3.5 seasons.
- On 14 July 2010, Feyenoord announced that Smolov would join them on a one-year loan.
- In the 2011–12 season, Smolov returned from loan as a squad player, but his contribution was limited to substitute appearances after nine matchdays.
- Hence, he was loaned again, to Anzhi Makhachkala – initially for the entire 2012–13 season, and then for the second half of the 2013–14 season.
Loan To The Ural
A season-long loan agreement with Ural Yekaterinburg was signed by Smolov on 1 September 2014. In his new club’s 1–2 away loss to Amkar Perm two weeks later, he scored a goal.
During his 22 league appearances for the Ural, he scored 8 goals and contributed 2 assists.
- As a free agent, Smolov signed a four-year contract with Krasnodar on 2 June 2015.
- On 20 July 2015, he scored his first goal for his new club in a 3–3 draw against Slovan Bratislava in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round.
- In Krasnodar’s 6–0 victory over his former club Ural Yekaterinburg on 10 April 2016, Smolov scored four goals.
- During the 2015–16 Russian Premier League season, he scored 20 goals in 29 games to become the top scorer for Krasnodar.
- As the top scorer in the 2016–17 Russian Premier League, he scored 18 goals.
- In the 2017–18 Russian Premier League, he finished second with 14 goals to Quincy Promes’ 15.
Fyodor Smolov At Lokomotiv Moscow
Lokomotiv Moscow, the Russian Premier League champion, signed him on 9 August 2018.
Loan to Celta
Celta Vigo signed him on loan until the end of the 2019–20 season on 30 January 2020.
In a 2–2 away draw against Real Madrid on 16 February 2020, he scored his first goal for the new club. In a 2–2 draw with Barcelona on 27 June, Smolov scored his second goal during his loan spell.
Return to Lokomotiv
He scored the winning goal in the 2021 Russian Cup Final against Krylia Sovetov on 12 May 2021.
At Lokomotiv, he won his third trophy and was the tournament’s joint top scorer with teammate François Kamano with four goals.
Return to Dynamo
- Dynamo announced the signing of Fyodor from Lokomotiv on 12 January 2022, making him return to his first club.
- In addition, the Moscow club disclosed that the contract will last 1.5 years plus an optional year.
- 11 years after his last goal for Dynamo, he scored the opening goal of Dynamo’s 3–0 win over FC Khimki on 26 February 2022.
- Smolov was included in the squad for a friendly against the United States on 6 November 2012.
- He scored his first goal for the national team in a 2–2 home draw on 14 November, making his debut.
- In a Euro 2016 qualifier against Liechtenstein on 8 September 2015, Smolov scored his first competitive goal for the national team.
- After finishing 4th in group B, he was included in Russia’s squad for the final tournament in France.
- In the opening match of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup against New Zealand at Krestovsky Stadium on 17 June, Smolov scored Russia’s second goal and was named Man of the Match.
- He was included in the finalized World Cup squad on 3 June 2018.
- All subsequent games were played as substitutes after he started the tournament opener against Saudi Arabia.
- Despite scoring the opening penalty kick in the round of 16 shoot-outs, he saw his shot saved by Danijel Subai in the quarterfinal shoot-out.
- He was named as a backup player for Russia’s UEFA Euro 2020 team on 11 May 2021.
Mikhail Fridman Biography, Wife, House, Yacht, Career & Net Worth
Facts About Fyodor Smolov
- To begin with, Fyodor Smolov enjoys tattoos. It is impossible for him to say how many tattoos he has since he had his first tattoo at 17 years old. As a result, all of his tattoos have fused into one picture pattern.
- Since 1997/98, he has supported AC Milan and once mentioned George Weah and Andriy Shevchenko as his childhood heroes.
- It is difficult for him to express his emotions. It is also possible for him to be temperamental, uncompromising, and unfriendly.
- People who disagree with him, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, and being alone are things he dislikes.
- Fyodor’s biggest fear is being limited or constrained. As a result, he becomes cold and insensitive.
- In spite of this, he has a defense mechanism against premature intimacy. It is important for Fyodor to learn how to trust women. It is also important for him to express his emotions in a healthy manner.
- His favorite books are those by Mario Puzo and Arturo Pérez-Reverte, Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Mikhail Bulgakov.
- Smolov is fluent in English, and he has read Mario Puzo’s books in their original languages.
- He has been dating Russian model and TV hostess Victoria Lopyreva since 2012. After getting married in December 2013, the couple divorced in May 2015.
- As a child, he favored George Weah and Andriy Shevchenko of AC Milan.
- Smolov crashed his BMW M5 into a traffic barrier in Krasnodar on 1 August 2018. As a result of leaving the scene of the accident, he was fined and had his license suspended for one year.
- Smolov returned to Russia on April 5, 2020, to celebrate the 18th birthday of his fiancee Maria Yumasheva, who is the granddaughter of Boris Yeltsin.
- As a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on 24 February 2022, he is the first Russian footballer to speak out against the war.
Ppcocaine Net Worth, Age, Career, Family And Education
Why Doesn’t Get Happy With Europe’s Big Clubs?
Fyodor Smolov once told Maxim Online that foreign clubs are always reluctant to sign Russian players. According to him
During the transfer window, Champions League teams didn’t go out of their way to bring us in. They offered a few offers, but they all involved a buy-out right. European big clubs see us as grumpy and intrusive.
When it comes to Russian players, there is a stereotype in Europe, according to Smolov.
How old is Fyodor Smolov?
Fyodor Smolov is 32 years old.
How tall is Fyodor Smolov?
Fyodor Smolov is 187 cm tall. Or 6 ft 2 in.
Which is Fyodor Smolov’s preferred foot?
Fyodor Smolov’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Fyodor Smolov from?
Fyodor Smolov is from Russia.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Fyodor Smolov worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Fyodor Smolov has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Russian footballer. Hopefully, Fyodor Smolov’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Fyodor Smolov.